Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (47407 Views)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by decepticos(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
I respect every1's opinion, but I must say there is everything wrong with those figures, multiple factors were and are obviously neglected (not like any was mentioned to begin with). it looks unreal sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
obayaya:

Different links..

in case you didn't notice, there are another sets of data on military expenditures on the link in the Originating post. whoever chooses to use those data to judge the post cannot be said to be wrong.

Stfu, ídiot. Different links to the same site. If you don't know how to research or read data, that's your own moronic fault.

5 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by sparkleboy(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
rubbish ,both individual stats are wrong !
for instance Gmb 544 aircrafts and Gej 79 ships are not true.
Don't mind the woman.

Though any averageky intelligent person should know that she was quoting amount spent not number of weapons.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obayaya(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

It was mentioned by "Hon" Dabiri that GMB spent $514mil on aircrafts. My question is relevant cos I want to know which aircraft he purchased for NAF. It's that simple.

none...

the aircrafts they were referring to were mostly transport aircrafts including the C130 which were ordered in 1981 but were delivered between 1984 and 1985

check the document attached

http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/page/trade_register.php

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Atmmachine:
I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me.

Delete it.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by eaglechild: 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
Abike why swim in the murky waters of APC lies?

$1 billion dollars cry in 1983

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by vantage7: 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

No! List those aircrafts yourself. Name ONE aircraft type GMB bought. Just ONE.

ocelot2006:

Blah blah blah freaking blah. LIST OF AIRCRAFT GMB BOUGHT! Simple.

ocelot2006:

It was mentioned by "Hon" Dabiri that GMB spent $514mil on aircrafts. My question is relevant cos I want to know which aircraft he purchased for NAF. It's that simple.

[size=14pt]Oh the internet is wonderful. Here you go chief:

I think this settles this matter for good. Not necessarily in terms of the figures, but that Buhari certainly purchased a lot more than a single rifle during his tenure. Oh, and here's the link to the original content: http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987%20-%202524.html[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by emmatok(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
vantage7:

I think this settles this matter for good. Oh, and here's the link to the original content: http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987%20-%202524.html[/size]

You deserve a bottle of ORIGIN

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by eagleeye2: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2015
vantage7:

I think this settles this matter for good. Oh, and here's the link to the original content: http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987%20-%202524.html[/size]

Am sorry but how does that link settle it. Rather it begs more question. Because apart from the Albatross which delivery was made in 1986, non of those other ones was delivered during Buhari's tenure as head of state.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by LordReed(m): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2015
tbaba1234:

$ not number

Ahh thanks for pointing that out, I thought it was one of those famous beauraucratic disappearing tricks.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by loomer: 12:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Another GEJ/Pindipi lie bursted!!!

God bless Nigeria as we peacefully return GEJ to Otuoke and usher in the man of integrity (Buhari) to the throne.

This change is here to stay.

WHY UNA DE LET DIS TWO PARTIES DE FOOL UNA?

SO U MEAN SAY BUHARI BUY 500 PLANES IN FROM 1984-85, NA WORLD WAR HIM WAN FIGHT?

THEN GOOD LUCK BUY 200 IN 3YEARS, NA CIVIL WAR HIM DE PREPARE FOR?

EVEN ILLITERATE NO GO BELIEVE THIS NONSENSE.
WHO GO SELL SUCH AMOUNTS OF AIRCRAFT TO ANOTHER COUNRTY UNLESS DEM BE SCRAP

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by omoola007(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2015
Adminisher:

The figures on the right are not numbers of weapons but dollar amounts.
Nigeria was indeed spending billions on defence in 1982, 1983, 84 and 85..
Let me give you an IQ test. How came Nigeria was able to spend more than $900million on defence in 1984 when oil was just $35 but could not even spend $300million last year when oil was $120 a barrel?.

Obviously you are not in tune to the fact that Naira lost a lot of parity with dollar during IBB and Abacha Regime. For a Military head of State to spend 20% on defence during coup turmoil is not out of place . Moreover no one pays cash in full for weapons. There is an element of financing. Before replying please google the buying power of Naira then and now also in 1983 population was about 40% what it is now. So the money had less to go. If you understand how per capita income is derived.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by KLand(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2015
So Abike is now an arms analyst?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by vantage7: 12:17am On Jan 13, 2015
eagleeye2:

Am sorry but how does that link settle it. Rather it begs more question. Because apart from the Albatross which delivery was made in 1986, non of those other ones was delivered during Buhari's tenure as head of state.

Read it properly. 12 Alpha Jets received in 1985.

I knew because of the fact that deliveries for some of these stuff take time, that the imports chart for 84-85 might not necessarily mean it was Buhari that ordered all of them, some might have been by Shagari. But what it does settle is that Buhari did purchase defense equipment. And mind you this report is on aircraft alone. It says that Buhari's government was

"committed to continuing the defence buildup planned by
the previous administration. Many contracts
have been renegotiated however, and options
allowed to lapse. A reported 1984 reorder for 12
MiG-21s
does not appear to have resulted in
any deliveries so far... A second batch of 12 Alpha
Jets was received in 1985,
these aircraft being
armed with gun pods for the attack role,
replacing MiG-17Fs... Twelve AS.332 Super
Pumas are believed to be on order
, and some of
the SA.330 Pumas may be returned to France in
part payment..."

The bolded clearly indicate activity during Buhari's regime.

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by emmatok(m): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2015
cool
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by emmatok(m): 12:19am On Jan 13, 2015
So shall we conclude that GEJ lied saying Buhari did not buy a rifle during his regime?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Ibime(m): 12:22am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Trying to make us believe that nigeria was spending 1 billion dollars on defense in 1984. This woman must think we are very stupid. I wouldn't even bother to verify this nonsense.

If you were patient enough to read through, you would know that website is an international website which tracks countries' military expenditure, and adjusts for inflation to give the price at today's rates. Buhari spent 4 times GEJ in a third of the time.

Anyway, I dont expect that website captures all of GEJS arms deals as his government have taken to buying arms Under-the-counter these days via unregistered flights to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Swiftboy(m): 12:54am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Trying to make us believe that nigeria was spending 1 billion dollars on defense in 1984. This woman must think we are very stupid. I wouldn't even bother to verify this nonsense.
Buhari met the treasury almost empty...how come? Did he spend only on weapon? God will punish liars. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obailala(m): 12:55am On Jan 13, 2015
It is really pathetic that a lot of supposedly educated Nigerians cannot understand simple charts... Even in page 7 of this thread, some are still asking about '541 aircrafts.' Even if these guys are too dumb to interpret charts, several comments on this thread have clarified that it is $541m expenditure, yet we still have some people with iredeemably poor comprehension.

Then again, some keep asking how come Nigeria could spend over $900million on defense on a N4billion budget.. Doubting even with all the glaring evidence presented so far on this thread and these individuals fail to realise that the Naira was almost equal to the dollar in the 80s. angry

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Swiftboy(m): 1:05am On Jan 13, 2015
ndcide:
Only a slowpoke will take this shitt load of falsehood. I don't think it's from madam abike, she is too intelligent for such shallow assertion. Who knows? APC kind of politics can reduce anyone to dust. I've seen some people reason foolishly just because they want to sell APC.
you're spot-on my friend! grin grin Lies flying around like flies!lol

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obailala(m): 1:09am On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
The beginning of ignorance is when we arrogantly believe we know it all and therefore refuse to do a simple verification...

Have you considered what the exchange rate was in the period in question?

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Ibime(m): 1:11am On Jan 13, 2015
obailala:

The beginning of ignorance is when we arrogantly believe we know it all and therefore refuse to do a simple verification...

Have you considered what the exchange rate was in the period in question?

The Navierstokes abi na Bernoulli equation missed the part that said 'adjusted to today's prices' ie inflation-adjusted.

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by aresa: 1:13am On Jan 13, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Was Abike Dabiri the military personnel that received those items or is this part of the repackaging campaign meant to deceive the gullible.

Just like saying Godswill Akpabio built Ibaka Sea when history is written in 30 years time

Buhari is contesting for the President and still alive to refute the allegations or remain silent as a sign of acceptance.

Same way the crooked, corrupt and incompetent JonaDUMB in charge of the Nigerian military is still alive to dispute that fact that the Nigerian military received weapons purchased by Buhari.

Shebi they are always quick to denounce everything so why is it taking forever this time around?

After six years in office, the Nigerian military is still poorly equipped and badly demoralized, the incompetent man we gave a complete country to already lost portions of Nigeria. His service chiefs responsible for the loss after stealing $6 billion defense budget were rewarded with promotions and National awards...

The nightmare is almost over #CHANGE#GMB2015

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:23am On Jan 13, 2015
GEJ the run away debater too afraid to stay in case he is confronted with his own lies

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Ngwakwe: 3:31am On Jan 13, 2015
aresa:

Same way the crooked, corrupt and incompetent JonaDUMB in charge of the Nigerian military is still alive to dispute that fact that the Nigerian military received weapons purchased by Buhari.

Shebi they are always quick to denounce everything so why is it taking forever this time around?

After six years in office, the Nigerian military is still poorly equipped and badly demoralized, the incompetent man we gave a complete country to already lost portions of Nigeria. His service chiefs responsible for the loss after stealing $6 billion defense budget were rewarded with promotions and National awards...

The nightmare is almost over #CHANGE#GMB2015

1. GEJ has not been in office for 6 years

2. GEJ and Buhari are members of NCS and have some security/classified information which public are not privy to. Now that GEJ has decided to bring it up for public debate. Let Repackaging machineries stay clear and allow them to speak for themselves.

3. Which nightmare, unfortunately your dream is the nightmare. GEJ is on course to winning the presidential election. May I remind you the words of Yakassai on 1983 Coup with special attention to the quote in red.

In the book I was telling you about, they said Obasanjo told Umaru Shinkafi, that shortly after the election of 1979, some military officers went to him and informed him not to hand over to Shagari. Obasanjo told them that he had already told the world he was going to hand over power, and that he inherited the office, after a coup attempt that was not successful. He stated that his predecessor promised to hand over, and it means he must hand over.

Obasanjo also told them that he has initiated an election process which was successful. Shagari won, people went to court and he won there as well. ‘So on what grounds should I tell the world I would not hand over to him? Who do you even want me to hand over to? And they said, ’hand over to Buhari’!’

So even before power was handed over to Shagari, the military attempted to steal it and hand over to Buhari. So it wasn’t about bribery and corruption or not to hand over to Alex Ekwueme. I am not the first person to say this; the boys who published Shagari’s book said it first. But, I have also relayed it in my book. And I will give you a copy to go and read.

And since his assumption of power by Shagari, there were several attempts to topple him until they eventually succeeded. It was revealed in that book that the military had attempted to stage a coup even before the second election in 1983. They sought the advice of one of their senior officer who had retired, he told them he supported the idea of a coup, but if they did it before the election, Awolowo would say it was because he was billed to win the election, and the Yoruba owns the newspapers and most editors at the time were also Yoruba and so they would give it widespread publicity such that the world would reject the coup. He advised them to let the election take place first, before they do whatever they want to do.

So forget about the noises as they didn't start today and wait till 2019 when Jonathan will be through with his transformation agenda

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by infinitty(m): 3:40am On Jan 13, 2015
Can Buhari explain to young Nigerians why he banned the National
Association of Nigerian Students? Does he hate students?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Ngwakwe: 3:42am On Jan 13, 2015
bashydemy:
Why are you guys so daft and can't research?

Unfortunately this question is meant for you to answer

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Gboliwe: 4:24am On Jan 13, 2015
A presidential debate is what we should be pushing for so that some truths can thrashed out live.

Abike Dabiri should know better, I don't understand this her line of argument

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Another GEJ/Pindipi lie bursted!!!

God bless Nigeria as we peacefully return GEJ to Otuoke and usher in the man of integrity (Buhari) to the throne.

This change is here to stay.
What is the authenticity of the chat? Even my little cousin can produce that chat on his pentium 2 computer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by PEREP: 6:28am On Jan 13, 2015
aguiyi:
Abike abi na Abiku be your name, abeg park well.

Arms that were purchased on paper is what you are showing. Pls show us were the equipment are or the scrap

541 aircraft and 160 air defense system grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even if they have gone bad, show us were the scraps are

Or this was this the avenue Buhari's cohorts ate Nigeria'ss money.

It has been said 'He might not steal but he will look away if the corrupt fellow is an Alhaji in his favour'

1B dollars in a year Nigeria resulted to Austerity.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by omoalaro: 6:28am On Jan 13, 2015
Bookmarked for future reference. Thanks Abike.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by PEREP: 6:31am On Jan 13, 2015
vantage7:

I think this settles this matter for good. Not necessarily in terms of the figures, but that Buhari certainly purchased a lot more than a single rifle during his tenure. Oh, and here's the link to the original content: http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1987/1987%20-%202524.html[/size]

Please read the attachment again. It shows they were orders before GMB government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss / Pictures Of Peter Obi Rescuing Secondary School Girls Last Year Resurface Onlin / Bandits’ Leader, Dogo Jede, Weds 16-year-old Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.