Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (47567 Views)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Atmmachine(m): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
MissMeiya:

If you're being sarcastic, I don't care. If you're being serious, you should have known better than to say that shít to me.
You hurt me. What have i done wrong ??
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MEILYN(m): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
juman:

Okay, $.

But where are the aircrafts?
Go and ask the military...

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
obayaya:

This data was generated from this link http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/html/export_values.php that is quite different from the one supplied in the Originating post of this thread http://www.sipri.org/research/armaments/milex/milex_database

So shut it.

sipri.org and sipri.org are the same site. Were you dropped on the head as a child?

5 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
eiete:

Read my post well again, I'm not disputing that GEJ could have done better when it came to spending on defence, however what my argument is, is that Nigerian's should not taken everything politicians tell as the gospel truth without researching and asking questions. Part of the reason we are where we are today is that Nigerians have failed to hold those we have elected to account.

As for Buhari's spending what is the hold point of millions arming one's self if everyone is dying of hunger.

The research has been done and the information is accurate.

Buhari crushed chadian rebels and Maitatsine in his time so the arsenal was useful.

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Adminisher:

SIPRI has not even updated 2014 figures of purchases. You don't know this stuff. A lot of us study the arms business. Anyway to answer my question myself. We were able to buy more weapons in the early 80s compared to now because $1 = N2. to N5. Also there was no corruption in the military before IBB came.

Jonathan has destroyed Nigeria's military. The Nigeria Airforce has bought about 12 civilians jets and civilian helicopters between early 2013 to now. It is just now they remembered to buy combat jets and helicopters.
An airforce general who buys civilian jets and VIP choppers first is very compatible with Jonathan's character.

NAF purchased 12 civilian jets? Cmon! ! I know that more aircrafts have been added to the presidential fleet, but 12?! Care to back up your claim?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Atmmachine:
You hurt me. What have i done wrong ??

Reread what you said to me.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by bashydemy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Was Abike Dabiri the military personnel that received those items or is this part of the repackaging campaign meant to deceive the gullible.

Just like saying Godswill Akpabio built Ibaka Sea port when history is written in 30 years time

Buhari is contesting for the President and still alive to refute the allegations or remain silent as a sign of acceptance.

Why are you guys so daft and can't research?

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Cannonleo(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:
You see the blatant lie there? I've always had much respect for Abike Dabiri, but THIS is a new low for her. 541 aircrafts?!! Bullshyte!! Combine all our combat aircrafts with transports aircrafts, and even helo, and you'll barely get up to 100! Besides, one of the highest purchaser of weapons was Shagari, NOT Buhari!

And did I see just 2 armoured vehicles bought by GEJ? Haba!! Who bought the Caprivi 4x4 Big foot MRAPS, Igirigi MRAPS, T-72 Tanks equipped with Kontact reactive armour, Streit APCS, BTR-4s, BTR, and BMPs? JONATHAN

Apart from the first 6 Mi-35 Attack helicopters purchased by OBJ, who is responsible for the purchase of the highest number of attack helicopters (same Mi-35s), Bell transport helicopters for the Police, Augusta 109 LUH for the Airforce? JONATHAN

whose administration have we seen the use of locally produced defence products from the Marom - Dolphin-DICON Combat vest to the Igirigi MRAP and Mekahog ' s Ikri MRAP? JONATHAN

Abike Dabiri should get her facts straight. Rubbish.
Oga ocelot u dey nairaland 2..abeg mind this political bloggers..making irrelevant points with half baked knowledge of defense matters

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Go and ask the military...

No! List those aircrafts yourself. Name ONE aircraft type GMB bought. Just ONE.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
vantage7:
Okay MissMeiya and akereconfi, you guys should chill out. I hate it when civil discussions descend into insults. But I guess this is what happens sometimes when people jump into arguments without proper research simply because they find something hard to believe.

When someone starts referring to my arsehole and calling me a bítch, I lose my temper. They're very lucky I can't reach them. Internet bravery.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
So according to you, GMB never bought any weapon or aircraft when he was the president? shocked shocked Don't be foolish mehn. Dispute the chart with proof and stop babbling.

Blah blah blah freaking blah. LIST OF AIRCRAFT GMB BOUGHT! Simple.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by tbaba1234: 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

Relevance please??

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MEILYN(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

Why are you changing the argument? tongue....
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by LordReed(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
200 aircraft? 541 aircraft? Did all these aircraft melt into the hot airport tarmac? Where the heck are they?

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by akereconfi: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
MissMeiya:

When someone starts referring to my arsehole and calling me a bítch, I lose my temper. They're very lucky I can't reach them. Internet bravery.

ok, will leave your arsehole next time angry

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
Cannonleo:

Oga ocelot u dey nairaland 2..abeg mind this political bloggers..making irrelevant points with half baked knowledge of defense matters

My brother, I dey here oh. Imagine the rrrrubbish these APC clowns are peddling here. At Beegeagle, guys for mess dem up nah!

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by tbaba1234: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
LordReed:
200 aircraft? 541 aircraft? Did all these aircraft melt into the hot airport tarmac? Where the heck are they?

$ not number

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
akereconfi:

ok, will leave your arsehole next time angry

Is this some kind of apology? Get the fúck out of my mentions.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by tbaba1234: 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

My brother, I dey here oh. Imagine the rrrrubbish these APC clowns are peddling here. At Beegeagle, guys for mess dem up nah!

I am not an APC guy, for one. The amount spent according to the OP CAN be verified.

What is your argument??

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by akereconfi: 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
MissMeiya:

Is this some kind of apology? Get the fúck out of my mentions.

So you didn't notice when I tendered apology?

Anyway cheers

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Why are you changing the argument? tongue....

Who's changing the argument? Me or you? I challenged you to name just ONE aircraft bought by GMB and even told you to search for it using Google. Yet you're still here beating around the bush. Answer the bloody question or shut the fck up!

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Cannonleo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Go through the thread Mr I too know..
I am not known and prone to saying this so those who.know me pardon my utterances
"MEILYN u are a total he diot for calling ocelot mr.i 2 know do u know who he is..damn u he gave you totally verifiable facts evidences on ground nd u found time 2 whine that pathetic excuse for a mouth jeez y dont u guys learn
SMH.my trigger.finger for u
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Cannonleo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

No.mind them SMH

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
My Brother, abi, whichever ways heads or tails its a loss. Was even interesting to note that we were dealing in arms before we were born(Independence), made more peace time than war time arms purchases at periods when we had more important issues to deal with. Anyways one can not rely on this as a source considering that the countries fill questionnaires themelves. well "make we go sleep" for tomorrow is another day, this one didn't sell.

tk4rd:
This was exactly what came to my mind when I saw the chat.. It was just over-bloated.. Abike is now trying to put Buhari at fault again for over-spending during his time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by ocelot2006(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
tbaba1234:

Relevance please??

It was mentioned by "Hon" Dabiri that GMB spent $514mil on aircrafts. My question is relevant cos I want to know which aircraft he purchased for NAF. It's that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MEILYN(m): 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Cannonleo:

I am not known and prone to saying this so those who.know me pardon my utterances
"MEILYN u are a total he diot for calling ocelot mr.i 2 know do u know who he is..damn u he gave you totally verifiable facts evidences on ground nd u found time 2 whine that pathetic excuse for a mouth jeez y dont u guys learn
SMH.my trigger.finger for u
Look at this good for nothing as$licker. You must be very stupid for calling the jargon he wrote fact... The argument on this thread has been treated, a reasonable conclusion has been reached... Never quote me in your life again... fooooooooooool

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obayaya(m): 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
MissMeiya:

sipri.org and sipri.org are the same site. Were you dropped on the head as a child?
tbaba1234:

Same source: SIPRI

Different links..

in case you didn't notice, there are another sets of data on military expenditures on the link in the Originating post. whoever chooses to use those data to judge the post cannot be said to be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by MEILYN(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
obayaya:

Different links..

in case you didn't notice, there are another sets of data on military expenditures on the link in the Originating post. whoever chooses to use those data to judge the post cannot be said to be wrong.
Admit you were wrong or forever remain foolish.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Atmmachine(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
MissMeiya:

Reread what you said to me.
I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me.
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Cannonleo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Look at this good for nothing as$licker. You must be very stupid for calling the jargon he wrote fact... The argument on this thread has been treated, a reasonable conclusion has been reached... Never quote me in your life again... fooooooooooool
One thing with me is that I have lost my capacity 2 erupt red hot anger.thank ur internet bravery for u head still intact..if u step anywhere near my hood..u wont have a Good.story 2 tell..as I always tell children..do your research well? And let me warn u if u have no verifiable evidence dont deal defense matter..or just take ur baby bottle of pap it will do you somegud..have a nice night gentle or not so gentleman

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by obayaya(m): 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Admit you were wrong or forever remain foolish.

No.. i wasn't

Madam Abike cited a link that takes reader straight to a data on military expenditures from 1988 to 2013..

I merely used the data i found on the link she posted.

So, how is that wrong?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Cannonleo(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Sorry bro u made no sense...u catch ma drift....jargons..sorry it aint no jargons verifiable facts...undeniable..u pissed.me.off but in my usual manner.i apologize for my words but still..do some justice 2 urself by doing some real research
Orbat mode not vickers era defense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio / A Chadian Soldier Wears Charms For Protection Against Boko Haram Militants (pic) / Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.