Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Is Body Odour Contagious? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Body Odour Contagious? (5059 Views)

Meningitis Outbreak; Here’s How To Prevent Spread Of The Contagious Disease / Care And Management Of Body Odour / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Body Odour Contagious? by kristylopezz: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
This is a question that has bothered me for a while now. Pls learned people, I want to know if body odour is contagious.
My room mate's B.O is very horrible. I'm a very free person and don't like to disassociate myself from my room mate. we do many personal things at home together like eating together, we stay up late to study and we often wash our clothes together in the machine. She takes her bath regularly but when she enters the house, you'll know by her odour.

I'm wondering if her B.O can sting on me because I spend time with her. And please how do I talk to her about it without making her feel bad?
Re: Is Body Odour Contagious? by yorex2011: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
Body odour ain't contagious...

Truth they say is bitter... Its better when coming from Someone close than from a stranger... Tell her you need to talk to her and she shud keep an open mind during the convo... If possible, give her some solutions... Its something that can ne corrected with time... First thing now is to knw dat she has an issue.. Then if she's accepted that she'd respect you more when its eventually corrected..
Good luck to you both

2 Likes

Re: Is Body Odour Contagious? by drisatasarr: 12:37am On Jan 13, 2015
NO, body odor is not contagious. It is offensive!

1 Like

Re: Is Body Odour Contagious? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2015
Of course not. Sit her down and tell her, gently. If she takes her baths regularly and still smells, there might be something going on with her, hence she needs to go get a physical checkup done. There're a few rare diseases that can cause B.O, as well as the common diabetes that we all know.

-Does she shave?
-Does she use an antiperspirant?
-Does she wash her clothes well? Sometimes B.O comes from dirty / improperly-washed clothes, so she needs to make sure her clothes are thoroughly washed and dried before wearing them.
-Does she wash herself well (including her feet), especially during that time of the month? Change her feminine hygiene products accordingly?
-Does she smell when she's in the house or is it just when she returns after being out?

1 Like

Re: Is Body Odour Contagious? by kristylopezz: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Yields:
Of course not. Sit her down and tell her, gently. If she takes her baths regularly and still smells, there might be something going on with her, hence she needs to go get a physical checkup done. There're a few rare diseases that can cause B.O, as well as the common diabetes that we all know.

-Does she shave?
-Does she use an antiperspirant?
-Does she wash her clothes well? Sometimes B.O comes from dirty / improperly-washed clothes, so she needs to make sure her clothes are thoroughly washed and dried before wearing them.
-Does she wash herself well (including her feet), especially during that time of the month? Change her feminine hygiene products accordingly?
-Does she smell when she's in the house or is it just when she returns after being out?

Yes. Thanks. She is clean at least in appearance. But the B.O is not only when she comes from out. Even while indoor. And the clothes she's worn. Which is why I want to know if I wash together my clothes with hers, if my clothes will come out smelling like hers.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Add Dependants To My NHIS Hospital As A Civil Servant / Evergreen Global  Initiative (NGO) Holds Sensitization And Empowerment Program / Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.