Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95517 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
afelouz:

Anybody here who has graduted from noun pgd info tech? I need an idea of how to choose a project topic and also wil i be designing something like i did during my hnd days? Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks

Yeah, something similar but with more economic importance.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
kaycome:

Bornsad please i need your advice on how to read all these voluminous books. Is it that i must read cover to cover to pass the courses? What was the strategy you use in reading all these books? I just finished studying CIT 751:Advanced Systems Analysis and Design. It was interesting cos i could still remember somethings i read from the course during my first degree.
Also when can i start my assessment test?

Solve the TMA's at the end of each unit and keep the answers somewhere. Solve past questions and keep the answers too. During exam period, read these answers and you're good to go. The more past questions you do, the better. And also try to strike good grades in your online TMA's. Finally, join a serious Whatsapp group; it can be a great source of motivation.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 12:21am On Jan 18, 2016
BornSad:

Oh... I now get it.
OK. Are u part of people that did convocation on Saturday?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 18, 2016
wableo:

OK. Are u part of people that did convocation on Saturday?

No, I finished recently. Our own convocation is not yet due.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by 1money: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2016
usiholo11:
hello BornSad, plz icant login with my details to continue my registration after paying my application fees of 7500. please i need your urgent assistance before it is closed

Hello, did you finally log in?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bolseas(f): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello again @BornSad, Udysweet,

Hope you both had a nice weekend.

I actually went back to NOUN Apapa Centre, I met the man and discussed with him about my admission being denied and i told him i want Human Resource Management which I didnt find as part of the PGD program. The man insisted that Human Resources is part of the PGD program that i should go to the cyber cafe downstairs to verify. i got to the cyber cafe, they also searched for the course but didnt find it under the PGD progam. I didnt bother to go and meet the man again and i decided to do my findings on my own.

After searching/googling, i discovered that Human Resources was not approved for 2015/2016 session by the school senate.

What I now resolved to do is to hold on till June/July and try my luck again either with Human Resources or Public Admin. these are the only courses that are very relevant to me. and if no luck, I will just go straight to other universities not minding the stress I will/may pass thru.

@Udysweet, I so wish you all the best.

@BornSad, you are such a cool and patient guy. Thank you for the motivation. You also made the whole process easy. God help you in all your endeavour.

Best of luck to everyone.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by udysweet(f): 3:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
@bolseas wow,this isn't a good news at all. Coincidentally I'm jus coming from the apapa Centre today(finally decided to go today) after been denied twice when I submitted my application. So while I was on the queue a man walked up to me and asked why am I queuing and I explained to wch he directed me to the ICT office. It was there I was later told it's only upper credit that is accepted in that program I want to pursu e (not like I fancy the journalism course sef It's just the closest)
On my way out again I met the same man and he asked me to explain my issue exactly to wch I did. Then he took me to the conference room and presented me to some ogas about to hold a meeting and explained my case to them before he took his leave. They asked what I got in o levels especially literature and I told the. Them. I was told a meeting was about taking place if I can wait or come back next week to the ICT then they would authorize my application for processing. Sounded like a bit of a good news o, lol. So next week I'll go again.
Bornsad God bless you richly and the other guy whose name I have forgotten Pardon me please.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
udysweet:

@bolseas wow,this isn't a good news at all. Coincidentally I'm jus coming from the apapa Centre today(finally decided to go today) after been denied twice when I submitted my application. So while I was on the queue a man walked up to me and asked why am I queuing and I explained to wch he directed me to the ICT office. It was there I was later told it's only upper credit that is accepted in that program I want to pursu e (not like I fancy the journalism course sef It's just the closest)
On my way out again I met the same man and he asked me to explain my issue exactly to wch I did. Then he took me to the conference room and presented me to some ogas about to hold a meeting and explained my case to them before he took his leave. They asked what I got in o levels especially literature and I told the. Them. I was told a meeting was about taking place if I can wait or come back next week to the ICT then they would authorize my application for processing. Sounded like a bit of a good news o, lol. So next week I'll go again.
Bornsad God bless you richly and the other guy whose name I have forgotten Pardon me please.

Wow! Yours is a special case!

Which prayer line did you say before going?

I wish you the very best!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bolseas(f): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
@Udysweet.... woow, this is God's Favour o. Fingers crossed. Just be optimistic.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
bolseas:
Hello again @BornSad, Udysweet,

Hope you both had a nice weekend.

I actually went back to NOUN Apapa Centre, I met the man and discussed with him about my admission being denied and i told him i want Human Resource Management which I didnt find as part of the PGD program. The man insisted that Human Resources is part of the PGD program that i should go to the cyber cafe downstairs to verify. i got to the cyber cafe, they also searched for the course but didnt find it under the PGD progam. I didnt bother to go and meet the man again and i decided to do my findings on my own.

After searching/googling, i discovered that Human Resources was not approved for 2015/2016 session by the school senate.

What I now resolved to do is to hold on till June/July and try my luck again either with Human Resources or Public Admin. these are the only courses that are very relevant to me. and if no luck, I will just go straight to other universities not minding the stress I will/may pass thru.

@Udysweet, I so wish you all the best.

@BornSad, you are such a cool and patient guy. Thank you for the motivation. You also made the whole process easy. God help you in all your endeavour.

Best of luck to everyone.

Hhmm... I wish my girlfriend were here to see these description of me! cool

Thanks man!

And Same to you!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bolseas(f): 6:38am On Jan 19, 2016
BornSad...... your baby lucky. I just hope you treat her the way you treat us here.

I am a lady actually.....hehehe......
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
bolseas:

BornSad...... your baby lucky. I just hope you treat her the way you treat us here.

I am a lady actually.....hehehe......

Ouch!

I didn't know, sorry. I'm glad you think so.

Though I'm pretty sure I'm the lucky one here... Lolz

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kaycome: 11:54am On Jan 19, 2016
BornSad:

Hhmm... I wish my girlfriend were here to see these description of me! cool

Thanks man!

And Same to you!
undecided no wonder u rejected my gf wey i wan give u. No wahala sha i go dey manage my tin.
Bornsad how can i join the whatapp group for info tech students. I need to rub mind with other students.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
kaycome:

undecided no wonder u rejected my gf wey i wan give u. No wahala sha i go dey manage my tin.
Bornsad how can i join the whatapp group for info tech students. I need to rub mind with other students.

Hehe... It's not like that.

Euh... Whatsapp group. ...

Actually, it's something someone in your set should start up. I'm sure someone over there has done that already.... just that you're yet to meet with the right people.

I can't possibly propose my group; nobody is talking about MSc again in the group, Lol.

Why not read up this thread, I think I read someone calling on InfoTech students to join his Whatsapp group.

You can even start one.... just create a material base online and then a group on Whatsapp, call on members and point everyone to the base.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by olaphemmy01(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2016
Pls I need advice, I want to apply for PGD in Digital Communication with my HND in Elect/Elect Power Option (Lower Credit) without NYSC certificate. when can I apply and hope the admission will not be rejected.. Thank you and in addition , I will like to know the cost implications...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ronk2(f): 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
please how can i generate my matric no with my c.c. If i dont want to do it @ d study centre because the site www.nou.edu.ng is not bringing anything like that. Thanks
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Bornasad. great work you are doing here. Please i just paid in some money or should i say my school fee to load my e wallet. but its yet to reflect in my portal. how long does it take to reflect?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
olaphemmy01:

Pls I need advice, I want to apply for PGD in Digital Communication with my HND in Elect/Elect Power Option (Lower Credit) without NYSC certificate. when can I apply and hope the admission will not be rejected.. Thank you and in addition , I will like to know the cost implications..

Application is on, bro... I suggest you read up this thread. All your questions have been answered many time already including how fees are calculated.

Best of luck!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
shapeey:

Bornasad. great work you are doing here. Please i just paid in some money or should i say my school fee to load my e wallet. but its yet to reflect in my portal. how long does it take to reflect?

24hrs at most.

It will reflect and the compulsory fee will be taken automatically.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
Ronk2:

please how can i generate my matric no with my c.c. If i dont want to do it @ d study centre because the site www.nou.edu.ng is not bringing anything like that. Thanks

http://portal.nou.edu.ng/SignOn.aspx
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by mealdred: 8:09am On Jan 21, 2016
Hi bornsad, I went to zenith to make d 7500 payment, I was asked to register online first n a code would be generated for me b4 I can then make payment, I was asked to meet coleagues for more info, pls how do I go about it,
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 21, 2016
BornSad:

24hrs at most.

It will reflect and the compulsory fee will be taken automatically.

OK. Thanks.i just checked this morning and its still yet to reflect. Should i be a little more patient or i should go and complain at the center?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by temmydhayour: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2016
pls wat course can I put in for as a PGD student, I studied estate management
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ronk2(f): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
@bornsad. Thanks very much, i av generated the matric no. Thanks once again
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
shapeey:

OK. Thanks.i just checked this morning and its still yet to reflect. Should i be a little more patient or i should go and complain at the center?

Still not reflecting till now?

If so, please go and find out why.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ronk2:
@bornsad. Thanks very much, i av generated the matric no. Thanks once again
You're welcome.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
mealdred:

Hi bornsad, I went to zenith to make d 7500 payment, I was asked to register online first n a code would be generated for me b4 I can then make payment, I was asked to meet coleagues for more info, pls how do I go about it,

Well, that's the new payment method....

It's actually very simple.

All you need to sign up for the form are -

1. Generate RRR Code from NOUN Portal,
2. Take the code to pay at Any commercial
bank.
3. Then come back and login using the
Username AND Password created while
generating the RRR Code.

NOTE While generating the code , it is very
important to write down the username and
password use during the process, this will
enable you to login while filling the form.
Voilà !
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
temmydhayour:

pls wat course can I put in for as a PGD student, I studied estate management

Here is a list of all their courses:
http://www.nou.org.ng/accredited-courses-and-programmes-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

As for the one related to your course, I think you should know that more than myself. I can only say for the school of science and tech cause I am a science scholar myself.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by mealdred: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
Thanks man, I have got d rrr code n made d payment, I keep getting a "wrong login parameters" when I try to login
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ronk2(f): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2016
gud morning, @ bornsad, thanks for ur patience, pls how can i print my course outline after generation of my matric no. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by 1money: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2016
Thanks Bornsad, for all your help. I have finally completed my registration and I was admitted, pgd infotech, owerri study centre.

Anyone in owerri study centre doing infotech, holla me.

@mealdred, wait for 24 hours and try again. If it doesn't go through, go to the bank and ask them to check if the money has reached noun account.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by liztop2012(f): 11:53am On Jan 22, 2016
pls, I want to apply for undergraduate program. wat are d steps to take. thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.