Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95067 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
fid1m:

hav sent u PM

Kk... please, identify yourself there.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hello All,

Trust you all are doing great.

Please, for those that sent/are sending me e-mails, I'd appreciate if you could kind identify yourselves with some intro. This will help me respond accordingly as I have a lot of mails coming from Nairaland.

Warm Regards. smiley
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
DonteBoy:

Tnks so much for d reply....pls is anyone here in ph study centre? I am kinda confused,Av browsed to get d address bt am seeing st johns garrison and iriebe oyigbo...pls who can tell me where exactly. Thanks.

It is located at Tab Bus-stop, along Oyigbo/Obigbo Road.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by DonteBoy: 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Tnks so much,am so grateful

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Agalasis(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Well done guys 4 d gud job!!!

Pls,can sm1 doing his/her internshp in a teaching hospital be able to do PGDE in NOUN at the same time?

Urgently nid response.
THANKS
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Agalasis:
Well done guys 4 d gud job!!!

Pls,can sm1 doing his/her internshp in a teaching hospital be able to do PGDE in NOUN at the same time?

Urgently nid response.
THANKS

With your degree certificate, you can run your PGD program with NOUN provided the teaching hospital allows that. However, following the new decision takes by the NYSC board recently, there is this speculation that anyone presently doing the NYSC program might not be allowed to run any postgraduate degree program with NOUN concurrently. Ciao.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Agalasis(m): 5:56am On Jul 30, 2015
BornSad:

With your degree certificate, you can run your PGD program with NOUN provided the teaching hospital allows that. However, following the new decision takes by the NYSC board recently, there is this speculation that anyone presently doing the NYSC program might not be allowed to run any postgraduate degree program with NOUN concurrently. Ciao.
Alright, brother BORNSAD.
Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by PAPIJAID(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Pls If there's a WhatsApp group for this group I'm very interested. My phone no is 08079133689
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2015
PAPIJAID:

Pls If there's a WhatsApp group for this group I'm very interested. My phone no is 08079133689

I suggest you get in touch with someone in your department about this. You either join one or create one. This is because every available group is created with respect to department and set. We don't have anything like NOUN MSc/MA group as little or nothing could be achieved in such a broad gathering.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by mealdred: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hi I just heard about noun n I want to apply for Msc Bus Admin but I have my statement of result Bsc I want to know if I can go ahead n obtain d form n at what point would they ask for transcript?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by gabialonso(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2015
mealdred:
Hi I just heard about noun n I want to apply for Msc Bus Admin but I have my statement of result Bsc I want to know if I can go ahead n obtain d form n at what point would they ask for transcript?
Yor immediate concern should be ur original certificate...it is expected of u wen doing ur screening at your preferred study center after u bin gven admission. except u jxt graduated recently then, u plea that ur certificate aint out yet
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by mealdred: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ok, thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by wableo: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
BornSad:

I suggest you get in touch with someone in your department about this. You either join one or create one. This is because every available group is created with respect to department and set. We don't have anything like NOUN MSc/MA group as little or nothing could be achieved in such a broad gathering.

I'm a new student of info tech, I believe there is a group on whatsapp for that. Pls add me 07062212246, if not add me to your own what's app pls. I have a lot to ask u. Have send u Pm too. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ossaifamous(m): 5:48am On Aug 17, 2015
As an HND accountancy holder, what options exist for me in Noun .. Pls urgent answers
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kosovo(m): 5:50am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:

Minimum of 2,2.

Yeah, it recognised. I, for one, work in a corporate organisation. In my firm, presenting your MSc cert from any school simply gives you the chance to be measured alongside other people with MSc but your recognition depends on how you prove yourself afterwards.

For you to pass in NOUN, you must read cause the school has no means of exam malpractice or paper sorting. I believe if you eventually do well, you'd be able to represent well out there.

Having said that, I'd also like to pre-inform you that you'd meet a lot of people who would tell you the cert is not recognised. This category of people are skeptical cause it's not what we are used to and we're always allergic to change. Check out, such people are not in managerial positions. The school is trying to run things the western way and has become the choice for busy workers. It is presently the 15th best in Nigeria which rates it better than some conventional universities like UNICAL, FUTO etc.

It's all about determination and focus.
Noise..

NOUN is a hotbed of malpractices and corruption..

That you don't know doesn't mean it doesn't exist.. undecided
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:

The form is on sale. Some successful students have even started. Note that though the application form is always on sale, admission exercise is done once a year and is currently being done.

To know the MSc courses available, see their PG School link here:

http://www.nou.edu.ng/pg_s/Admission.htm
...the admission process is twice a year...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 17, 2015
Pls I just got admitted for PGD business administration, am based in abuja. i would need some orientation,i would also appreciate info on how to get pass questions since exams are approaching ng soon. kindly get back to me
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by cnsprince76: 6:05am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

The one you choose is amatter of choice.

Here are some examples:

MSc Comp Sci (Academic)/ MIT (professional)
MA Bus Admin (Academic)/MBA (professional)
Etc.

Besides, MPAs and other Professional Masters are not recognized for Appraisal and Promotion if the bearer is an academic staff of of higher institutions.

Hope this helped.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kbshow100(m): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:

Hello, good morning.

First of all, it is a basic requirement that one must have the minimum credits needed to secure and undergraduate admission into the field he wants to go for masters. To be clearer, since you want to go for Masters in Public Administration, you should ensure you have the minimum number of credits needed to gain admission as undergraduate student assuming you were going for your first degree in Public Admin.

Second requirement states that your first degree must be related to your choice of Masters or you'll be required to go for PGD in a related field first. Now, I am a science student so I wouldn't know how related your previous degrees are to your prospective field if interest. Another thing that could make you go for PGD first is if your CGP were not up the minimum required in your first degree.

Finally, I suggest you visit a study centre for clarifications from your prospective school of study as regards how related the fields in question are before registering online. Though, other options will be available for you with your degrees.

There is nothing like a fulltime or part time program. It is an OPEN university and therefore maintains its own unique approach to university education.

The program is extremely flexible, you have a minimum of two semesters but depending on the number of courses per semester, this could be extended.

Yes, there are PHD programs as well and of course, every degree program requires a thesis.

Far from being vexed. I opened the thread, remember.

Regards.
good morning sir,, pls i graduated with a 2.1 in mathematics,, will i be admitted into MSc information technology without passing through PGD? Thank you very much as i patiently wait for your response
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by NoRetreat(m): 6:10am On Aug 17, 2015
Is noun doing LL.M?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ab2019(m): 6:12am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

The one you choose is amatter of choice.

Here are some examples:

MSc Comp Sci (Academic)/ MIT (professional)
MA Bus Admin (Academic)/MBA (professional)
Etc.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for your concern...
Can a graduate of Biochemistry apply for MBA (professional)
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by commited(m): 6:41am On Aug 17, 2015
Please can anyone tell me the school fee range for this school (National Open University). Is it paid par semester or in full.
Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Mekateka: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2015
Pls does NOUN offer Msc Geography? If yes, what is the total cost of registration?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by commited(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2015
BornSad:
A couple of threads which serve to enlighten the public about the National Open University of Nigeria was created in the recent past. These threads went a long way to achieve the end goal. In the course of this, a lot of people, most of whom were prospective undergraduate students of the university, had the opportunity to ask their questions and got their answers.

However, considering the fact that the threads were undergraduate oriented, the few prospective or new Msc students could not get adequate answers to their questions. This, coupled with the need for the MSc students to know and probably get acquainted with one another, has led to the creation of this thread.

This thread, therefore, serves as a platform where new/prospect MSc students of the school could come and help one another in any way possible, and also serves as an avenue for those within the same area or field of study to get acquainted with one another.

Please, drop your questions, answers, suggestions, advices, or what have you!

Mods can help too.

This is a nice one. But can you please tell me the school fee range for a new student for accounting. Is it paid in full or per semester. Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by searay(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2015
Please I'd like to know if PGDE Certificate from NOUN is recognised everywhere here in Nigeria?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Cross007: 6:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Have a btech in ESTATE Mgt but will love to run my masters in Criminology! How possible is this@noun I don't want to run PGD b4 switching
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bellras(m): 6:49am On Aug 17, 2015
You are sounding as if it isonly an Msc degree prog that is being offered. I read Med in Noun and I graduated in 2014. Pls kindly do the needful mod for this beautiful thread.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ladipodeal: 6:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Can student with old admission letter still register.?I misplaced the copy of bank teller used for payment
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Sunbellar: 7:01am On Aug 17, 2015
following...
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bollify(m): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2015
since2005:
1. Please I want to apply for direct entry what my chances?

2. can you give the available courses for Elect/Elect ND holder?

3. And when will admission start? (DE)

You are beautiful
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by chimchim1(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2015
Do they offer PhD courses? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.