Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. (3865 Views)

I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) / Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
HELLO
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by SirHouloo(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
See my life ooooo, na im I still dey struggle to get just a single small job since 11 months as an Electrical/Electronics Engineering graduate.... I 'll get there one day sha but am not in the right shoe to give any advice whatsoever.

12 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by engbash: 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
pls can u explain hw u applied and got the job pls. Cos I have encountered a number of fraudsters and usually the company there provide short term accomodation for u to settle and handle all visa fees for family as well. another important thing is can u and ur family with their culture. ur family dressing and behaviour would need adjustment especially if ur not a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chaiiiiiii.... Am speechless at the moment sir

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Evina(f): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2015
Op, you seem really confused. I not only wonder why, but I am also almost confused by your confusion.

You have a family.
You have a job offer outside Nigeria.
You have another within Nigeria.
You want to start your own firm.

What are you actually confused about?
Are both offers not in alignment with your career path?

You need to set your priorities right.
Is money the major motivation in deciding which offer to pick?

My advice.
Stay here, take the contract job and float that company now. You mentioned you have over 10 years professional experience. I would suppose that you have also been smart enough to build a worthy network?

15 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by XketchDesigns(m): 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
There's a lot of construction work going on at the moment in Qatar because of the world cup they will be hosting. That I believe will give you the chance to work on amazing projects, because the construction going on there is not normal. Anyways, having overseeing such projects I believe it will be a plus for you when you finally want to go out on your own on the consultancy. More experience and networking because you will meet people for other parts of the world, arabs are lazy and don't like to work.

Or

You could stay here in nigeria, work for your oil and gas company and open your consultancy and run on the side.

Ultimately the choice is yours, I believe you have made it already and nothing will change your mind. You just want to hear what ppl have to say. No offence.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Swizdoe(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
One step at a time
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by papiwater: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
whatever you do, always remember that a bird in hand, IS THE ONLY BIRD. My two cents

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
engbash:
pls can u explain hw u applied and got the job pls. Cos I have encountered a number of fraudsters and usually the company there provide short term accomodation for u to settle and handle all visa fees for family as well. another important thing is can u and ur family with their culture. ur family dressing and behaviour would need adjustment especially if ur not a muslim.

Offer didn't come tru an agency, my school mate over there submitted my CV to the establishment.

You are likely to be scammed if ure not qualified and wish to use third-party agencies to secure expat opportunities.

Am not muslim and still wondering if I can cope with the cultural diversity.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
XSketchdesigns; I ve not decided where to go. One elder did explain to me that what ever decision I take right now is very critical in my future career pathway.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by rioemmanuel(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
You have got good problems.

13 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by jaybee3(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
The doha salary is tax free and i'm pretty sure they will give you free accomodation for a year.

International exposure and expeirence will always be beneficial to your career going forward especially as a consultant

I had to reject something similar recently from Abu dhabi for family reasons

7 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by TunjiMsp: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
My guy na suffer you wan go suffer, I've heard so many gory tale from that part of the world, what they Practice is modern day slavery, and the weather is Something else, so here and hustle in Naija and you go make am
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Lionelnkem: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
Better to be besotted by such seeming "challenges". It's a blessed one bro.

It's a one in a life time opportunity to take part in the present mammoth state of the art constructions presently on going in Qatar fuelled by availability of petro dollars, long term planning and the World Cup hosting right.

The international experience will even make you more relevant in our local market should you decide to relocate in the future.

Although in Nigeria some couple of transactions can make you hit jackpot but over there you have to work for it but the import of having taken part in international designs and constructions utilizing internationally applicable and accepted building codes cannot be over emphasized.

Gods speed.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by jaybee3(m): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
TunjiMsp:
My guy na suffer you wan go suffer, I've heard so many gory tale from that part of the world, what they Practice is modern day slavery, and the weather is Something else, so here and hustle in Naija and you go make am
He is a professional duhhhh
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
Thanks for all ur neutral views and opinions. These will help me make an informed decision.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by funkyjms: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
Sir, I beg you in the name of God, whatever offer would make you leave your family behind, don't accept it.
Always put your family first.
One more time, family first!

Start your consultancy! You have it 'all!'

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by angelTI(f): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
These are the kind of problems some people are praying daily for...

Life!!!!

Congrats @OP

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
angelTI:
These are the kind of problems some people are praying daily for...

Life!!!!

Congrats @OP

Kaaiii, so funny and touching. Thank God bro.

Funkyjms I value yr advice
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by kilokeys(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
see my life cry

chai .. d sweet confusion we r praying for
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by TunjiMsp: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
jaybee3:

He is a professional duhhhh

and so?
He will the only one practising that profession in Qatar, if you a job here as bad as it. May be Qatar is a wild goose chase
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Is either u are one of the Nigerian scammer or you are about to be scammed.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Lol. Some minds are evil minded naturally
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
windud:

Lol. Some minds are evil minded naturally

pls learn to choose your words carefully.
This sounds offensive to me.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by rattlesnake(m): 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
shuttle between Naija,Doha,UK and the Oil company undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
rattlesnake:
shuttle between Naija,Doha,UK and the Oil company undecided

How I wish I could.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

pls learn to choose your words carefully.
This sounds offensive to me.

Sorry bro. One love. No offence intended.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
NOBLEDANDY post cool=29762871:

A Nigerian scammer? That's your 'fair' judgement I can see
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by heneversleep: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
@windud, better to wait for the contract job with the oil and gas company then run your consultancy program along cos to me you cant stay over there foreover.[sub][/sub]PS: am a structural engineer also oo, maybe you have an opening for me also in Nigeria as your friend did grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by emmanwandud(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
OH God pls let me be confused like this OP
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by funkyjms: 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
^^
gringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etpconsult: Scammers Or Real ? / Law Firm Entrance Test / Can A Savings Account Be Restricted From Withdrawals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.