Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. (40788 Views)

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Five things Nigerian Pastors do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by afton: 12:59am On Feb 24, 2015
i just peed laughing
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by spaggyy(m): 6:24am On Feb 24, 2015
Vock:
it's because most of them don't research well on the topic before mounting the pulpit, I was in church yesterday and couldn't even absorb anything from what the pastor said, just hammering on the same point times without number, without defining her terms
ur pastor na woman...she must have missed her period..before u pounce on me..ask d light skinned usher by the door..he made arrangement for the pastor's missing period
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Vock(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2015
spaggyy:
ur pastor na woman...she must have missed her period..before u pounce on me..ask d light skinned usher by the door..he made arrangement for the pastor's missing period

Stale
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by poik(m): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2015
starlingleanets:
Like play like play these things are becoming unbecoming and more like an outbreak among the pastors in Nigeria. Well as a young scientist i'm born into a world of observation and as an observer i pay attention to minute things. But much more as a Christain it seems good to put into light some bad habit exhibited by pastors of various churches in Nigeria. Below are some of them:

1. Shout Hallelujah: the Pastor will just climb the pulpit and as soon as he does he tells the church "Let somebody shout Hallelujah" and the church will shout Hallelujah though the church don't know why they are shouting hallelujah grin so to them it has become a routine. For a sermon of 15 minutes the pastor go don give hallelujah order like 30 times grin

2. Amen: Pastor sees the congregation is not interested in his formulated sermon so hm go say "Amen somebody" the church go reply Amen like he has just said a prayer.

3. Praise the Lord: while there is nothing wrong in praising the Lord yet everything is wrong on how you call the Holy name of the Lord. The pastor may see a sister sleeping so to wake her up he says "praise the Lord" for the fun of it. You think God will be happy with you ba?

4. I can't hear You: He just said a prayer like this "Before the end of this month you are going to smile to the bank" and so the people respond with a loud Amen, though he heard them he will still say "i can't hear you". Una dey lie for pulpit ba?

5. Wiping of Face: Still under Air condition pastor go still dey wipe face. Picking up and dropping the white handkerchief every minutes and that happens when he is on pulpit only.

If you have some you can drop it Pastors must learn.

U nor get talk
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Mhizizzy(f): 9:21am On Feb 24, 2015
abejide1000:
What about the new shoes they show, they'll start demonstrating...look at my legs, and Peter walked on water, he took the first step and nothing happened, and he walked and he walked again, and he started walking like this grin grin

Lmao
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by KirkMperor(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2015
OP am really sorry for u. You every other thing na dis kind issue you bring come NL #SMH...
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Crixina(f): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
lol dis got me laffn so hard.. grin grin grin nigerian pastors need deliverance demselves. I dnt even turn to my neighbour sef. All ds dr nonsense compulsive statements dat make u do what u don't want to do. Den if u dnt do it, u wil now be thinkn dat maybe others wil think of u as a pagan or sadist or smth den u r compelled to do it. Well, I dnt blame them, i blame the trend setters.
I rather be a sadist or pagan than say gibberish.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Cutehector(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2015
Crixina:
I rather be a sadist or pagan than say gibberish.
I feel u. Tarararararara
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2015
if i should be commenting on every comment i think the whole nairaland could not contain it but i would just use the word Jesus use "You shall know the Truth and the truth shall set you free"
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 24, 2015
femi4:
You are canally minded.......change before its too late
What will you call Jesus when He told the Pharisees they are blind?
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Lionize:

1. Halleluya means "Praise the Lord", simples. So, it should be shouted anywhere, and everywhere, just keep praising God, no tiring.

2. Is it good for the members to sleep or be uninterested? Why did they go there in the first place, to sleep of listen to the word of God?Let him fire them up with that if it would work.

3. See no. 1 above. Let God be praise anytime, no dulling, it is not calling his name in vain. David said, may his tongue cling to the roof of his mouth if he ever ceases to praise God.

4. His ears operate in the 'supersonic' realm then so your small shout was not enough to be heard the way he wanted it.

5. So he shouldn't wipe his face again if he perspires? Please cut them some slack.

Nothing to add, don't criticize your spiritual leaders, pray for them and walk up to them and correct them in love when you feel the need to. Stop criticizing your spiritual leaders!
You know what? We criticize others when we have not taken their place. If you are a pastor tomorrow, you'll do those things you're complaining above more than 100 times your pastor. You'll sweat a river. Encourage them abeg.
Will they accept correction? I only did this online and i got all the comment of been carnally minded now what do you think of doing this in real life i bet it they will roast me alive
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by rhemadhee(m): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2015
I keep sayin this nairaland will remain a social networkin site,u don't come here to disuss spiritual tinz.all I see are depressed christians.christians who wnt to get things rit without doing things rit.muslims won't come here to utter the trash we come here 2 do even though there Imam are not perfect.If Christ fought jhihad,Christians will be very terrible terrorists.they see pastors as angels when d bible never said that.who was perfect? Moses,aaron,gideon,jephtah.adam.abraham,noah,samson,sammuel(whose sons are sons of balial),david,peter,paul...Let's stop bashin dem pls.No one is gullible doe few are,bt 1corinthian 2:4 many people cnt understand the things of the spirit for dey are foolishness unto dem.neither can he knws dem cos dey are spiritually descern(emphasis laid)

U cnt get answer to spiritual matters here they ll rubbish it n even confuse or convince u if u are not deep enof

Get trusted people who may not necessary b pastors that can give u biblical advice.

Heaven is weepin on christians,We hv dissapointed him he enof

Go and read christians here view on masturbation,intimacy gadgets,MouthAction, u ll feel like islamic ways of live depicts morality than even wht christianity is knwn 4
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by femi4: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2015
starlingleanets:
What will you call Jesus when He told the Pharisees they are blind?
Are you Jesus?
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2015
femi4:
Are you Jesus?
I"m the Christ on earth
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2015
rhemadhee:
I keep sayin this nairaland will remain a social networkin site,u don't come here to disuss spiritual tinz.all I see are depressed christians.christians who wnt to get things rit without doing things rit.muslims won't come here to utter the trash we come here 2 do even though there Imam are not perfect.If Christ fought jhihad,Christians will be very terrible terrorists.they see pastors as angels when d bible never said that.who was perfect? Moses,aaron,gideon,jephtah.adam.abraham,noah,samson,sammuel(whose sons are sons of balial),david,peter,paul...Let's stop bashin dem pls.No one is gullible doe few are,bt 1corinthian 2:4 many people cnt understand the things of the spirit for dey are foolishness unto dem.neither can he knws dem cos dey are spiritually descern(emphasis laid)

U cnt get answer to spiritual matters here they ll rubbish it n even confuse or convince u if u are not deep enof

Get trusted people who may not necessary b pastors that can give u biblical advice.

Heaven is weepin on christians,We hv dissapointed him he enof

Go and read christians here view on masturbation,intimacy gadgets,MouthAction, u ll feel like islamic ways of live depicts morality than even wht christianity is knwn 4
I'm not bashing anybody i'm just saying the obvious fact
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2015
femi4:
Are you Jesus?
If you can recieve this "We are the Christ on earth" in other words we Christains are the Jesus on earth
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by femi4: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2015
starlingleanets:
If you can recieve this "We are the Christ on earth" in other words we Christains are the Jesus on earth
The more you keep modifying your post, the more you are sounding so shallow
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Lionize: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2015
starlingleanets:
Will they accept correction? I only did this online and i got all the comment of been carnally minded now what do you think of doing this in real life i bet it they will roast me alive

The manner you did it here is not ok. I correct my Pastor sometimes, albeit very respectfully and lovingly. The bible has a rule of thumb for this.
I once went to my Pastor, a much older man, better educated and way much richer than me. I can't match him in anyway, except that he answered calls during bible study and that distracted me a lot - I always switched off mine.
I walked to him one day, alone in his office, and said, after exchanging pleasantries:
"Please Sir, with all due respect, I have something that bothers me"
His ears stood, he was waiting to start a counseling session for me, and thus urged me on.
"When we have meetings and you answer calls, it weighs down my spirit, it affects me" I said with an air of helplessness.
He was taken aback as he fell into speechlessness momentarily.
"I would prefer you switch off your phone and avoid taking calls during meetings" I suggested.
He started explaining that he did that for important calls, and that his phone was always on silence. He also cleared that he most times just told his callers that he was in church
I then urged him to always go out to take the calls. I reminded him the "switch off your phone" sign hanging on one corner of the auditorium and averred it would encourage others to keep their phone on during services, which no one may be able to control when to silence the call or let it ring out, as was seen once in a while.
He smile and thanked me. He took the correction.
You could approach an elder to help you do that. But for me, the things you listed there are not worth complaining about in Church, my opinion.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2015
femi4:
The more you keep modifying your post, the more you are sounding so shallow
I'm not modifying for you i'm modifying for those who have eyes to see.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Lionize:

The manner you did it here is not ok. I correct my Pastor sometimes, albeit very respectfully and lovingly. The bible has a rule of thumb for this.
I once went to my Pastor, a much older man, better educated and way much richer than me. I can't match him in anyway, except that he answered calls during bible study and that distracted me a lot - I always switched off mine.
I walked to him one day, alone in his office, and said, after exchanging pleasantries:
"Please Sir, with all due respect, I have something that bothers me"
His ears stood, he was waiting to start a counseling session for me, and thus urged me on.
"When we have meetings and you answer calls, it weighs down my spirit, it affects me" I said with an air of helplessness.
He was taken aback as he fell into speechlessness momentarily.
"I would prefer you switch off your phone and avoid taking calls during meetings" I suggested.
He started explaining that he did that for important calls, and that his phone was always on silence. He also cleared that he most times just told his callers that he was in church
I then urged him to always go out to take the calls. I reminded him the "switch off your phone" sign hanging on one corner of the auditorium and averred it would encourage others to keep their phone on during services, which no one may be able to control when to silence the call or let it ring out, as was seen once in a while.
He smile and thanked me. He took the correction.
You could approach an elder to help you do that. But for me, the things you listed there are not worth complaining about in Church, my opinion.
Thanks for understanding, i sure get your drift but it seems people are seeing this in the offensive because it affects their pastor. I purposefully create the thread for them to see that their pastor is a man like them that needs correction always and if their pastor is going to make heaven they got to help him and not stand there watch him go astray because of fear of been accused of rebellion against the leaders. I'm giving them the priviledge to know they are the only one in the bridge to speak against any form of carnality and custom like Paul confront the great Apostle Peter in the presence of the Jews.
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by noskybanj(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Shut up wen u av nofin 2 say. Dats also maturity
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by yeyeman92(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
You be f**l.
wetin concern us wt dat one
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
osmosis2015:

I don't care who you are, you are atheist.
nor be only atheist...na artist i be too..lols
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
felsunseg:
nah u knw o
wetin i know again na??
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
Benfaco:

CORRECTED
lols...badt guy
Re: 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
patrickdarlins:
nor be only atheist...na artist i be too..lols

Painter smiley cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / Strange And Funny Names Of Some New Generation Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.