Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (23491 Views)

Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Young Men On The Pulpit Driven By Tithe, Offering Honorarium - Gbile Akanni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Mrdecent(m): 10:27am On Aug 28, 2016
Some churches make it a rule that you must be on suit while ministering. My question is why not in our native attire? Is there any sin in promoting our own in the house of God? Please let the pastors in the house give us insight

Originally: Why Is It That Our Pastors Are Always On Suit While Preaching

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by newsphase(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2016
It is a style of dresssing that most people are comfortable with, in the sense that it does not give way for an extravagant show of luxury (meaning all those pastors who would want to show off their wealth by wearing other forms of clothing are refused that privilege

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by firstking01(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2016
Mrdecent:
Some churches make it a rule that you must be on suit while ministering. My question is why not in our native attire? Is there any sin in promoting our own in the house of God?

Lalasticlala please let the pastors in the house give us insight
This is why king solomon said in eclesiastes that when you go to church, pay more attention to the word/preaching, than to give the sacrifice of fools....some people esp the atheist go to church to look for any slight thing they will use to critisize the church and pastors...remove your eyes from the messanger and what the pastor is wearing and fix your eyes on jesus the author and finisher of your faith...a pastor must nt always wear suit, if he choses to, then that's his choice.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by jcross19: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2016
firstking01:
This is why king solomon said in eclesiastes that when you go to church, pay more attention to the word/preaching, than to give the sacrifice of fools....some people esp the atheist go to church to look for any slight thing they will use to critisize the church and pastors...remove your eyes from the messanger and what the pastor is wearing and fix your eyes on jesus the author and finisher of your faith...a pastor must nt always wear suit, if he choses to, then that's his choice.
the question is true. It has turn tradition in nigeria particularly that pastor "must" wear suit on every sunday for preaching that's dressing code for a nigerian pastor now if I may ask why are they rejecting our own native attires but opt for english ones ? Is it not mental slavery?.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by sorextee(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2016
So what should they wear?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by jcross19: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2016
newsphase:
It is a style of dresssing that most people are comfortable with, in the sense that it does not give way for an extravagant show of luxury (meaning all those pastors who would want to show off their wealth by wearing other forms of clothing are refused that privilege
you are just funny!!!! Do you know how much they do sell that suit those men of God do wear? See to me I believe that's mental slavery.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by firstking01(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2016
jcross19:
the question is true. It has turn tradition in nigeria particularly that pastor "must" wear suit on every sunday for preaching that's dressing code for a nigerian pastor now if I may ask why are they rejecting our own native attires but opt for english ones ? Is it not mental slavery?.
Our priority is to make heaven...you chosed to put yourself in that mental slavery....i believe they wear your native attires at home and in their offices...so, this questionis floored before me gaining with it's irrelevancy.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by jcross19: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2016
firstking01:
Our priority is to make heaven...you chosed to put yourself in that mental slavery....i believe they wear your native attires at home and in their offices...so, this questionis floored before me gaining with it's irrelevancy.
heyah, so that alter is not their office? Well I don't have contend with you by words . African with mental slavery are like 5 and 6. It has been our own believe that if you wear suit is either you are a banker or a pastor!!!! Why?.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by newsphase(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2016
jcross19:
you are just funny!!!! Do you know how much they do sell that suit those men of God do wear? See to me I believe that's mental slavery.

hahaha I know many Nigerians cannot differentiate between a suit worth 100,000 and 10,000 suits

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by jcross19: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2016
newsphase:

hahaha I know many Nigerians cannot differentiate between a suit worth 100,000 and 10,000 suits
okay !!!!!! I hear. Are you happy?. Your comment is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by ikorodureporta: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thatz a biz idea. U shld also ask why some members wear suit only on sundays...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
To look smart + people take you more seriously when you dress properly and appropriately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by jaymejate: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
[size=13pt]Do you have problem with that?
Is like asking, Why do our Politicians wear agbada most of the time? [/size]

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
Very irrelevant threads making FP these days.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by johnstar(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
Cus its business

Pastors and wayo

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Cos they feel like. . . No written rule about it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by DeKen: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Looks like some people like making fuss about nothing.

I agree that several pastors do wear suits while preaching, particularly on Sundays. I don't know how this came to be, but it's likely that most are just immitating others. However, wearing of suits is just a matter of choice. Though some churches may give the specification in the name of dressing formal. But I'd never seen the late Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa on suits. And there are several pastors of today that don't necessarily wear suits while preaching. The immediate former CAN president is an example and there are several others.

Maybe you should also ask why native wears are not commonly worn in places of work. I don't think you should be bothered about this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by cornel994(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Op so na suit wearers u go count fr church abi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by YorubaDemon(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by gsparks01(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Have you met pastor Chingtok Ishaku? Na shirt and trouser he go wear for u.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
priceaction:
Very irrelevant threads making FP these days.
. . . . You can say that again bro. What manner of mods!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by MrHenshaw: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mrdecent:
Some churches make it a rule that you must be on suit while ministering. My question is why not in our native attire? Is there any sin in promoting our own in the house of God? Please let the pastors in the house give us insight

Originally: Why Is It That Our Pastors Are Always On Suit While Preaching

Ru talking of Pentecostal pastors? I guess orthodox church pastors are not known much with Suits.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Kingzulex: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why do all these dumb alfas always keep Full beards?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Tic4tac(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
Who knows...lol....Happy last Sunday
Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
TB Joshua never wears suits. If he does, its negligible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by iriferi(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
The anointing recognise suits with ease
Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Timoleon(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
they are at their office na. several people wear dat to work na

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by yemajiteru(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
To make them look cooperate... .. #gbam

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Pylony(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
newsphase:
I see, so those Suits are cheaper.
Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by lovinam: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Question

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Cuz they be more comfortable in suit/cooperate wears when preaching and jumping.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? by missKiffy(f): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
It's obviously not a "must" in my church, some pastors wear native

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Feeds Congregation With Dog And Frog Meat To Heal HIV / Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.