Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

20 Things About Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Things About Kumuyi (15069 Views)

Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria / Nigerians Will Soon Smile Again – Kumuyi / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things About Kumuyi by Vikkie14: 2:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Here are some things we dont know about this Man-of-God. He is really an outstanding preacher in all sense.

1. He was born on June 6, 1941 in Erin-Ijesha, Osun state.

2. He graduated with First-class degree in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan in 1967.

3. In April 2013, Kumuyi was named as one of the "500 most powerful people on the planet".

4. He draws/receives no salary from the work he does, instead the church sees to his upkeeps. The house he lived-in and the SUV he droves-in is owned by the church. Some pastors under him droves Cars better than his. He has NOTHING he can call his.

5. His church holds the position as the "single largest congregational church" in Africa and the 3rd largest in the world since the 80s.

6. Currently, his church is named as "world largest megachurch" according to www.foreignpolicy.com

7. He is an extremely humble man, his understanding of the Bible is quite enviable and astonishing. He has an excellent command of alliteration. If he were to speak on TEAM, you would heard him saying: Together Everybody Accomplishes More(TEAM).His collosal grasp of the scripture has made the submission that " he teaches the bible as if he was there when it was written".

8. He doesnt own a private jet. (I could recalled the story of an incident where the commercial plane he was in developed engine failure mid-air. One engine stops working
and the other is showing sign it would malfunction too. Everyone were praying and asking for God forgiveness of their sins, he was there calm and untroubled. He was quoted as saying: "satan you can't do anything while am still here(on the plane)". Suddenly, the two engines started working again and the crash was averted, according to one of the pastors that went with him on the journey.)

9. He sold his car to support the gospel work in Ghana back in the 80s or late 70s.

10. His church offers the first "free food, free accommodation, free transportation" for participants in Nigeria Christendom. Every other churches follow suite.

11. The church he reluctantly started with 15 members in 1973 as Bible Study class has grown to over 1million membership in Nigeria alone with millions others in the rest of the world.

12. He has featured in a christian movie titled "The Snare". The film has been in the making since 2010 and it features local and international renowned Christian artistes.

13. He is an Holiness preacher, an Author and a Televangelist.

14. His church has its own private high school dubbed "Deeper Life High School" (an highly advanced secondary school) in almost every states in Nigeria.

15. His church also has its own University called "Anchor University" in Abuja and Lagos (as proposed).

16. His Ultra modern Headquarters church in Lagos cost over N4billions. The edifice is a masterpiece with underground car park and 2 lift elevators inside the church. All the windows in the church are remotedly or electronically opened and closed. Even the roofing sheet they used is the first of such in Africa(according to the architect in-charge).

17. His church blue and white coloured, long buses procured by the church are all customised, including all the satellite dishes the church branches used for transmission.

18. He once tendered his letter of resignation as the G.S of the church during the controversy that trails his son's wedding despite the fact that he is the founder of the ministry. (i salute his leadership style on this).

19. He was once a lecturer at the University of Lagos. His studies at University of Ibadan was sponsored by the renowned Atheist, Tai Solarin.

20. He got born-again on April 4, 1964.

Follow this link to read Stephen Gyasi Jnr opinion : http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/447680/1/the-kumuyi-i-know.html

Disclaimer: All these are proven FACTS and the net is there for you to make your research.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by emmanwandud(m): 2:41am On Jan 14, 2015
My mentor and father may u live long and expand the gospel of salvation to all corners of planet earth. Signs of great things in 2015 FTC

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by economia: 2:51am On Jan 14, 2015
Vikkie14:
Here are some things we dont know about this Man-of-God. He is really an outstanding preacher in all sense.

1. He was born on June 6, 1941 in Erin-Ijesha, Osun state.

2. He graduated with First-class degree in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan in 1967.

3. In April 2013, Kumuyi was named as one of the "500 most powerful people on the planet".

4. He draws/receives no salary from the work he does, instead the church sees to his upkeeps. The house he lived-in and the SUV he droves-in is owned by the church. Some pastors under him droves Cars better than his. He has NOTHING he can call his.

5. His church holds the position as the "single largest congregational church" in Africa and the 3rd largest in the world since the 80s.

6. Currently, his church is named as "world largest megachurch" according to www.foreignpolicy.com

7. He is an extremely humble man, his understanding of the Bible is quite enviable and astonishing. He has an excellent command of alliteration. If he were to speak on TEAM, you would heard him saying: Together Everybody Accomplishes More(TEAM).His collosal grasp of the scripture has made the submission that " he teaches the bible as if he was there when it was written".

8. He doesnt own a private jet. (I could recalled the story of an incident where the commercial plane he was in developed engine failure mid-air. One engine stops working
and the other is showing sign it would malfunction too. Everyone were praying and asking for God forgiveness of their sins, he was there calm and untroubled. He was quoted as saying: "satan you can't do anything while am still here(on the plane)". Suddenly, the two engines started working again and the crash was averted, according to one of the pastors that went with him on the journey.)

9. He sold his car to support the gospel work in Ghana back in the 80s or late 70s.

10. His church offers the first "free food, free accommodation, free transportation" for participants in Nigeria Christendom. Every other churches follow suite.

11. The church he reluctantly started with 15 members in 1973 as Bible Study class has grown to over 1million membership in Nigeria alone with millions others in the rest of the world.

12. He has featured in a christian movie titled "The Snare". The film has been in the making since 2010 and it features local and international renowned Christian artistes.

13. He is an Holiness preacher, an Author and a Televangelist.

14. His church has its own private high school dubbed "Deeper Life High School" (an highly advanced secondary school) in almost every states in Nigeria.

15. His church also has its own University called "Anchor University" in Abuja and Lagos (as proposed).

16. His Ultra modern Headquarters church in Lagos cost over N4billions. The edifice is a masterpiece with underground car park and 2 lift elevators inside the church. All the windows in the church are remotedly or electronically opened and closed. Even the roofing sheet they used is the first of such in Africa(according to the architect in-charge).

17. His church blue and white coloured, long buses procured by the church are all customised, including all the satellite dishes the church branches used for transmission.

18. He once tendered his letter of resignation as the G.S of the church during the controversy that trails his son's wedding despite the fact that he is the founder of the ministry. (i salute his leadership style on this).

19. He was once a lecturer at the University of Lagos. His studies at University of Ibadan was sponsored by the renowned Atheist, Tai Solarin.

20. He got born-again on April 4, 1964.

Follow this link to read Stephen Gyasi Jnr opinion : http://m.modernghana.com/mobile/447680/1/the-kumuyi-i-know.html

Disclaimer: All these are proven FACTS and the net is there for you to make your research.
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by xpac01(m): 2:52am On Jan 14, 2015
I so love this man.
Wait op, na my papa you dey cartoon like this abi. You know what is happening to cartoonist head around the world abi? 'leave my Papa alone'
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 3:22am On Jan 14, 2015
Sycophancy is now a spiritual gift at Deeper Life?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by noblealuu: 4:24am On Jan 14, 2015
vooks:

Please what qualifies this gesture as sycophancy?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 6:13am On Jan 14, 2015
Luke 18:10-14 King James Version (KJV)

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Deeper Life dude, and the other a publican.

11 The Deeper Life dude stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I KUMUYI am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

noblealuu:

Please what qualifies this gesture as sycophancy?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by noblealuu: 9:38am On Jan 14, 2015
vooks:
Luke 18:10-14 King James Version (KJV)

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Deeper Life dude, and the other a publican.

11 The Deeper Life dude stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I KUMUYI am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Non sequitur

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
vooks:
[b] Luke 18:10-14 King James Version (KJV)

11 The Deeper Life dude stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I KUMUYI am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this...

Even though I understand you are trying to make a point, do you know God's stand on modifying his word? [Rev 22:18,19]
Moreso, it isn't stated anywhere that the pastor himself gave all this information.
On what basis do you equate him with a pharisee?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Those who think they are better than others are the Pharisees. In this case, can you spot pharisees?

0rex:

Even though I understand you are trying to make a point, do you know God's stand on modifying his word? [Rev 22:18,19]
Moreso, it isn't stated anywhere that the pastor himself gave all this information.
On what basis do you equate him with a pharisee?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
vooks:
Those who think they are better than others are the Pharisees. In this case, can you spot pharisees?

grin I get you, although I personally think it's more an issue with some of the members of his church than with the pastor himself. Just be careful with the scripture modification thing.
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nutase: 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thumbs up.
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
And the worship of MAN continues undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Image123(m): 12:54am On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

Lol, deeper life members are my worst fear(if there's any) for pastor Kumuyi. It's like christians that try to lie and exaggerate for Jesus, or getting violent for God.
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 5:13am On Jan 15, 2015
No sir,
Why would members of a particular sect be so keen on projecting Pharisee spirit unless the same is the staple garbage over there?
Am not modifying scriptures, just saying that they stand in the Pharisee stead

0rex:
grin I get you, although I personally think it's more an issue with some of the members of his church than with the pastor himself. Just be careful with the scripture modification thing.
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Mescopaul(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Judas2013: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kumuyi the fraudster who has ripped millions of people of their hard earned money

One of his sons married outside the church rules and is scared to declare himself an Atheist.

Kumuyi proposed marriage to his 2nd wife before his first wife died.

Kumuyi has got to be one of the ugliest human beings alive

kumuyi is responsible for destroying and enslaving millions of young Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Mescopaul(m): 3:43am On Nov 06, 2015
Judas2013:
Kumuyi the fraudster who has ripped millions of people of their hard earned money

One of his sons married outside the church rules and is scared to declare himself an Atheist.

Kumuyi proposed marriage to his 2nd wife before his first wife died.

Kumuyi has got to be one of the ugliest human beings alive

kumuyi is responsible for destroying and enslaving millions of young Nigerians.

Real Judas angry
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 3:49am On Nov 06, 2015
Mescopaul:

Real Judas angry
Kumuyi is a Pharisee who keeps his foolish sheeple bogged down with rules and rules and rules. They are always trying to earn heir salvation by obeying a litany of asinine rules.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Mescopaul(m): 3:54am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

Kumuyi is a Pharisee who keeps his foolish sheeple bogged down with rules and rules and rules. They are always trying to earn heir salvation by obeying a litany of asinine rules.

Jesus loves you sir.
Get born again by giving your life to Christ.
The trumpet might sound this night.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 4:04am On Nov 06, 2015
Mescopaul:

Jesus loves you sir.
Get born again by giving your life to Christ.
The trumpet might sound this night.
He died to save you from the law and like foolish Galatians you have slithered back to legalism. Who bewitched you

1 Like

Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Gospels: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2015
[quote post=39729083]
I end this piece with what Pastor Kumuyi himself said in an interview with London-based New African Magazine in 2006 about his background, how the Deeper Life Bible Church came into being, and what the future holds for the entire ministry; "there are no theatrics in our Church, because from my background, I don't like anything that is turned into a show or drama. Some pastors like the drama rather than the results. I want the results rather than the drama.

I have also looked at the ministry of Jesus Christ, and I want as much as possible to follow the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. So in the relationship and interaction with people, and the life I live, I want it to be the life of Christ. I want the Jesus type of ministry. I don't want anything fake
[i][/i]."[/quote]plz i don't know if in this interview he is talking about the likes of TB JOSHUA,CHRIS OKAFOR,PROPHET OMOTEYIN OF MERCYLAND TV OR WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Gospels: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

He died to save you from the law and like foolish Galatians you have slithered back to legalism. Who bewitched you
guy you again its no longer tb joshua again but kumuyi plz what fault do you wanna find in this man all the way back to history this man has never had any scandal of such like sex,money,fake miracles,buying jet e.t.c.He is totally blamless from 1973-till now thats the grace of God and not like other pastors in nigeria i mean thisman stands out take it or leave it in the whole of nigeria preachers nobody is comparable to him
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Image123(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2015
Gospels:
guy you again its no longer tb joshua again but kumuyi plz what fault do you wanna find in this man all the way back to history this man has never had any scandal of such like sex,money,fake miracles,buying jet e.t.c.He is totally blamless from 1973-till now thats the grace of God and not like other pastors in nigeria i mean thisman stands out take it or leave it in the whole of nigeria preachers nobody is comparable to him

Abegi, shift. As much as i respect and highly regard Pastor Kumuyi, there is absolutely no need for this unfounded claims and hero worship. There is nobody comparable to him ko, is he God? Or are you God to know and conclude this?
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2015
Sharia Law= Kumuyi
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2015
Gospels:
There are very many pagans who died blameless including Gandhi. I commend outward appearance of right standing but do you remember the Pharisee and the tax collector? The Pharisee imagined he was IT
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2015
ifeness:
Sharia Law= Kumuyi
Pseudo-atheist troll
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2015
Image123:

Abegi, shift. As much as i respect and highly regard Pastor Kumuyi, there is absolutely no need for this unfounded claims and hero worship. There is nobody comparable to him ko, is he God? Or are you God to know and conclude this?

Deeper Life is nothing more than Pharisee religion. With them sheeple, it is ALWAYS about how better they be than others. One of the characteristics of abusive churches is an obsession with outward appearances of morality

https://www.nairaland.com/2676167/churches-abuse
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

Pseudo-atheist troll

I have no belief. Not an atheist, nothing at all
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2015
ifeness:

I have no belief. Not an atheist, nothing at all
Unbelief is a belief
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

Unbelief is a belief

How? I don't care about human beliefs...they are all shallow
Re: 20 Things About Kumuyi by vooks: 11:25am On Nov 06, 2015
ifeness:

How? I don't care about human beliefs...they are all shallow
Those are your beliefs; that they are shallow. So which beliefs do you care about? Camels'?

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Short Sermons To Change Your Life / 2019 Rhapsody Of Realities By Pastor Chris / UK-Based Church, Envoy Nation, Celebrates Nigeria At 63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.