Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

For The Love Of My Country – Nigeria By Chiedozie Hez - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Love Of My Country – Nigeria By Chiedozie Hez (360 Views)

Top 5 Largest States In Nigeria By Land Mass / Fr. Chiedozie Chilaka's Miracle Of Bringing A Dead Man To Life Is Fake. / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The Love Of My Country – Nigeria By Chiedozie Hez by BandGRecords: 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
My people, I greet you!! Happy new year to you all…

A few years ago, I did a series called; “Nigeria Heal Thyself”. In it, I posited that Nigeria has no chance of succeeding, if we do not take the responsibility as Nigerians to contribute in our little ways. I concluded by saying that only by the acceptance of a collective responsibility will our nation have a chance of good governance.

What is the problem? Why is my country – Nigeria so unloved by her children despite the abundance of natural resources and manpower?

Why are we where we are today irrespective of the oil boom opportunities? Why did we not diversify our economy since we are educated enough to know that oil is finite? Why did we lose our status in agriculture and ended up importing sugar, rice and palm oil, even spending billions of Naira subsidizing their importation?

Why do we import petroleum products when we have 4 refineries worth billions of dollars dormant?

Why are we standing and watching a wasted generation where the young people’s only hope is kidnapping, drug trafficking and armed robbery to survive?

Why is Boko Haram taking over parts on our nation in broad day light? Chasing away our once internationally respected Nigerian Army of the ECOMOG fame?

Why are people in government still able to withdraw large chunks of their respective allocations from the banks even though there is a law against this?

Why are our roads worse than death traps while failed contractors and their government friends move around as political leaders and statesmen?

Why are accused thieves, criminals, ex-convicts (accused of stealing billions of Naira) wriggling their ways through the justice system and being rewarded with juicy government positions instead of taking their place in jails?

Why are accused office holders still in their positions and no attention paid to their alleged offences?

Why have Nigerian politicians been consistently promising, water, good roads and power supply for over 4 decades now without delivering and yet they get re-elected? These questions are unending…

Right now we have another opportunity to fight for the future of this our only country called Nigeria. I have been watching the campaigns but the assessment is that people who are seeking power are not dwelling much on the big issues we are facing today.
If you are a student of politics, I am sure you will agree that there are really no political ideologies that differentiate the main parties as many politicians join and de-camp parties at their convenience. The quality of the average Nigerian politician is lacking the will to build a solid nation that we can all be proud of instead of personal palaces and empires all over the world.

In my view, the government of the day has failed woefully! Let us all accept it now rather than wait till Nigeria is fully drowned. We have failed as a generation and our children will read the history in tears wondering how we stood by and watched these atrocities being committed against Nigeria.

Nigeria, the good news is that if we can have this conversation today, we still have an opportunity to restore our nation.
In the next election, let us forget parties, religion and relationships and revive our love for Nigeria, arguably the most hated nation in the world and remember the labours of the our heroes past and vote in the men and women who we believe, with concrete evidence can deliver on the promise of Nigeria – a nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

Vote in men and women who will serve with their whole heart and position our nation where it rightly belongs in the world stage. Ensure that you don’t stop at voting but let us harness the power of social networking and stop rigging. Protect your vote in any way possible as the future of Nigeria depends on this election. Let no former 419 or thief win from presidency to local government councillorship positions.

Vote in men and women who can deal with corruption in all areas, then Nigeria will be great again…
And hopefully someday; we will live in the Nigeria of our dream; where Nigerians are not judged by their tribes, religion or connections.

God bless Nigeria!

Chiedozie Hez is the founder of www.inspiringaddo.com

(1) (Reply)

Another Bomb Scare In Ebonyi / Nigeria Requires Urgent Rescue, Says Okogie / Questions From OBJ To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.