Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless (956 Views)

Lady Lays Curse On Stephanie Otobo, Begs Apostle Suleman For Help / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? / Is Speaking In Tongues A Gift Or A Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by mumumugu(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
ife could be a gift to others and could be a curse to some.

everyone's had different experiences.
There are people who don't want to live because they've been persecuted against or raped, for example.to such people,life is curse.

And there are people who enjoy every day because theire parents are billionaires who buy them whatever they want.
To them,life is a blessing.

To me, life is pointless
Why is reality pointless?
It just happened to happen and there's no end meaning to it, nothing of benefit, or anything.

because everything we do is a waste of time, all we can do are meaningless and pointless things, which causes irritation.

Living a meaningless life is a waste of time. Doing anything is a waste of time. Because of this, I'm personally irritated every second of the day. I'm also disgusted by everything because it is just so messed up. I'm upset that there's nothing I can do to fix it. There is no solution to solving this pointlessnes

life was indeed pointless.
, now i dont worry about anything, i dont stress, .. because i dont want to be addicted to misery any more.

From here, many humans tried to find a purpose to life as they just couldn't deal with it. People tried to explain the universe, tried to make themselves believe that when they died they would continue to exist and have a purpose and be happy... also people tried to keep others inline.
Well, all of these factors led to many delusional members of humanity. As technology and thinking progresses, there are less and less religious people and more and more people who come to think in the original terms that life is pointless. Most people don't find life as a curse. I only find life as a curse because I can't stand wasting my time and I'm irritated by illogical things. The mere act of living is illogical to me -.-... you go through all of this trouble

2 Likes

Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Who knows?
Life isn't dsame for everybody.
I just hope there is life after death.
Somebody needs to tell us exactly what life is.
It would so bad if after death,we still don't understand what life is
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Life is pointless to those who think the world revolves around them. Your role in this universe might seem minute but it is necessary. All your actions influence this precariously balanced system, precipitating the endless cycles that ultimately define our destinies.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Arcsniper:
Who knows?
Life isn't dsame for everybody.
I just hope there is life after death.
Somebody needs to tell us exactly what life is.
It would so bad if after death,we still don't understand what life is
Life is to be and become. And begone.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by lastmessenger: 12:01am On Jan 15, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Life is pointless to those who think the world revolves around them. Your role in this universe might seem minute but it is necessary. All your actions influence this precariously balanced system, precipitating the endless cycles that ultimately define our destinies.
I think God is beginning to help you. This is the first time you spoke sensible words.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by lastmessenger: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2015
What is life ? I don't care for the answer. For now I will eat, work and make money,have all the good things money can buy,marry a wife, have sex, bear children, die and then hope for the afterlife of bliss.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 15, 2015
lastmessenger:

I think God is beginning to help you. This is the first time you spoke sensible words.
One day, I hope to say the same about you.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by lastmessenger: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

One day, I hope to say the same about you.
Chai. You don't want to be truthful . Anyway satan is the father of lies.
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
lastmessenger:

Chai. You don't want to be truthful . Anyway satan is the father of lies.
We all know who the Father of lies is. Can any truth come from Yahweh?
Re: Is Life A Gift Or A Curse Or Just Pointless by lastmessenger: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

We all know who the Father of lies is. Can any truth come from Yahweh?
Chai

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus Refering To An Immortal Soul In Mattew 10:28? / 10 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist / You Must Go To Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.