Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians (21087 Views)

Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Weah96: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2015
How come women aren't allowed to drive vehicles in Saudi Arabia? The official constitution of Saudi Arabia is the holy Qur'an.

Did the prophet foresee the invention of the motor vehicle?

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by northernigbo101: 12:38am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

You should face the facts, the prophet was about peace, you should read up instead of believing everything you hear. He only went to war after he was attacked first and his people were being killed. He did nothing bout preach for peace. I believe in peace as well. Killing cannot be justified.
i can c ur tryn ur best to make diz guys c reason wit u Alhamdullah may Allah reward u 4 ur effort sameera hope u knw khawarij is real der comin's been prophesizd this our own fitna d extrimist on one side&d non muslim on d other... it wont b ez its a bumpy ride ahead 4 d practisin muslim.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by traware(m): 12:57am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

You should face the facts, the prophet was about peace, you should read up instead of believing everything you hear. He only went to war after he was attacked first and his people were being killed. He did nothing bout preach for peace. I believe in peace as well. Killing cannot be justified.
Are you aware of the racist attitude those considered to be the real practitioners of islam(arabs) have towards Black people in general?Even black people who are moslems?So, with that fact,do you really believe that arab 'prophet' called mohammed really gave a damn about a negro like you?Aren't black people referred to in the quran by a derogatory term 'abeed'?What do you have to say about this?Do not evade this question and enough of your 'victim mentality' because the moslems in these present times brought the hostility on themselves.The taliban,Al-qaeda,the mujahadeen,BH and IS carry-out their attrocities using tenets from the quran claimed to be from a.llah by the warrior 'prophet' mohammed.Am I right or am I right?I am right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 1:19am On Jan 15, 2015
traware:
Are you aware of the racist attitude those considered to be the real practitioners of islam(arabs) have towards Black people in general?Even black people who are moslems?So, with that fact,do you really believe that arab 'prophet' called mohammed really gave a damn about a negro like you?Aren't black people referred to in the quran by a derogatory term 'abdid'?What do you have to say about this?Do not evade this question and enough of your 'victim mentality' because the moslems in these present times brought the hostility on themselves.The taliban,Al-qaeda,the mujahadeen,BH and IS carry-out their attrocities using tenets from the quran claimed to be from a.llah by the warrior 'prophet' mohammed.Am I right or am I right?I am right

Racism exists all around the world. That's just the fact. To answer your question, you couldn't be more wrong. Muslims aren't just Arabs. Muslims are of different races around the world. The prophet fought to free black slaves during his time. Black slaves were amongst the first converts to muslims during his time. Bilal Ibn Rabah was a black slave who was freed by the prophets uncle and he was considered to be one of the prophets most trusted advisors. He was well respected for and loved. Do not misquote the Qur'an. You haven't read it for yourself so don't say stuff you are unsure of.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 1:22am On Jan 15, 2015
northernigbo101:
i can c ur tryn ur best to make diz guys c reason wit u Alhamdullah may Allah reward u 4 ur effort sameera hope u knw khawarij is real der comin's been prophesizd this our own fitna d extrimist on one side&d non muslim on d other... it wont b ez its a bumpy ride ahead 4 d practisin muslim.

Thanks, Ameen. This is true, it also backs the claim that we do not believe in the actions of terrorists. May we continue to be guided on the correct path.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by HopeAtHand: 6:06am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

The so called hate you say I have in my heart..Your words fume with hatred towards muslims.

You are not getting my point.

Hate is a weak emotion.

The Christians you are appealing to can do very little to help the perception of muslims as it is now.

Take this your appeal to your fellow muslims and form a body or whatever whose sole aim is to counter the ideology of Nigerias terrorist Muslims with verses of peace, tolerance and love from the quoran..stage protest and hold talk shows..let us know that there are people who stand up foqe the true tenets of Islam, then, Christians will take note.

#One Love.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by northernigbo101: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

Thanks, Ameen. This is true, it also backs the claim that we do not believe in the actions of terrorists. May we continue to be guided on the correct path.
i tink sme ofd ways to realy help our course in d north is 2hav some kind of massive re-oriention tru education.. blive me even d global leadrs knw wat to do @list we'v sen wat thy did in egypt wen d muslim brotherhood took over power.. y do u tink morsi was overtrown & nobody raisd a fingr from d world leadrs saudi uae &othrs evn cut off financial aid 2egypt from tht action alon i new d world leadrs knw how 2 curtail d advances of d khawarj.. am sure ur hurt at d way nlandrs r havn a swelltym takin a swipe@ islam &d rasool(s.a.w) most of them & infact even most muslims r ignorant of wat islam is about one reson is u hardly c d media inerview wit a muslim who preaches peace most r intrviews u c is some fake imam shoutin& talkn trash contrary to wat islam represents as it stands now we all gona need alot of sabr play our part & wait 4 d day tinz take a turn 4 d beta..
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by lastmessenger: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2015
northernigbo101:
i tink sme ofd ways to realy help our course in d north is 2hav some kind of massive re-oriention tru education.. blive me even d global leadrs knw wat to do @list we'v sen wat thy did in egypt wen d muslim brotherhood took over power.. y do u tink morsi was overtrown & nobody raisd a fingr from d world leadrs saudi uae &othrs evn cut off financial aid 2egypt from tht action alon i new d world leadrs knw how 2 curtail d advances of d khawarj.. am sure ur hurt at d way nlandrs r havn a swelltym takin a swipe@ islam &d rasool(s.a.w) most of them & infact even most muslims r ignorant of wat islam is about one reson is u hardly c d media inerview wit a muslim who preaches peace most r intrviews u c is some fake imam shoutin& talkn trash contrary to wat islam represents as it stands now we all gona need alot of sabr play our part & wait 4 d day tinz take a turn 4 d beta..
You guys should start from the Muslim section by opening it up. Let us know what goes on there. Preach peace, expose false Islamic teachers like we Christians do on a daily basis. Stop supporting what is bad even though you think it is supported in the Quoran( why should a person be stoned to death for converting from Islam to another religion). Why should child marriage be condoned?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2015
northernigbo101:
the only re-education you need to have is to introduce secular courses in the islamiyya sch across the country. You can imagine if the almajiris up north can solve maths and read/speak in english the way they mastered the quran... The north wont have been where they are. Also let you brothers be open to non muslims and understand/respect their views... Give me one good reason why the islam section is the only section that is locked up in nairaland... Does it show any sign of tolerance.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
@sameera025... I want to knw the stand of the quran on death penalty. Why are pple killed for desecrating the quran or abusing the prophet... Are they not supposed to be reprimanded.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2015
@Sameera025... You talked about islam been in love with education... But why is it that most islamic nation clamp down on this that brings about a good and better education such as freedom of speech, the use of internet and their likes.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by boykas(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2015
Thank u sameera and northerigbo, have been following your thread since yesterday but really don't want to contribute for one or two reasons.
you see the media are not on our side, they don't interview good Muslims, you can only find them in fb, tweeter. After malek brother talk in Paris after the killing of his brother, did u ser any media interviewing Muslims, I was overwhelmed to see al jazeera doing that this morning, interviewing 5 time best players NBA Kareem.
and we Muslim will have to come in mass, a,d protest against the terrorist, this can convince some people all over the world.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 8:13am On Jan 15, 2015
Did you see what am talking about..... There have never been a massive rally against the acts of terrorist who claim to be muslims... But right now, there is a massive protest going on in turkey over the latest edition of charlie hebdo magazines cover.
How den can they be taken serious when they themselve arent serious in talking their issues.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2015
boykas:
Thank u sameera and northerigbo, have been following your thread since yesterday but really don't want to contribute for one or two reasons.
you see the media are not on our side, they don't interview good Muslims, you can only find them in fb, tweeter. After malek brother talk in Paris after the killing of his brother, did u ser any media interviewing Muslims, I was overwhelmed to see al jazeera doing that this morning, interviewing 5 time best players NBA Kareem.
and we Muslim will have to come in mass, a,d protest against the terrorist, this can convince some people all over the world.
I like your last sentence... Come out in mass, condenm them and you will see potential member have a rethink...
France did something like that. Some of the muslim community have to join the french protest to denounce the attack. Atleast, this action will help convince even if its one person that the french muslims are peace loving.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by traware(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

Racism exists all around the world. That's just the fact. To answer your question, you couldn't be more wrong. Muslims aren't just Arabs. Muslims are of different races around the world. The prophet fought to free black slaves during his time. Black slaves were amongst the first converts to muslims during his time. Bilal Ibn Rabah was a black slave who was freed by the prophets uncle and he was considered to be one of the prophets most trusted advisors. He was well respected for and loved. Do not misquote the Qur'an. You haven't read it for yourself so don't say stuff you are unsure of.
Oh my goodness!!Typical indoctrinated hogwash!I know nothing about islam?I dey laugh!!!You're actually justifying the racism of arabs towards black people because racism exists in the world'?Go to Egypt,Pakistan,Malaysia and even Saudi Arabia and see how black moslems are treated like sh.it.Ofcourse arabs are considered to be the real practitioners of islam(even arabs say the exact same thing and to be considered a 'true' moslem in many parts of the world nowadays,you must be ready to 'arabize' yourself) because all religions are racist.Since the new Charlie Hebdo mohammed cover was released, where have the international media been seeking for reactions to the cover?Egypt,Saudi Arabia,Turkey even Oman.I haven't seen anyone asking for reactions in Nigeria/Senegal/Mali because you 'black moslems/slaves' aren't considered to be real moslems.Black people were amongst the first moslem converts because they had no other choice:be castrated and continue enduring extreme hardship from the arab slavers or follow the dictates of the 'warrior' mohammed who just 'freed' us.Their 'freedom' came with conditions.Why are black people called 'abeed' in islam?
I'm very aware you opened this thread because of the supposed attack of islam by the media and world populace after the death attacks in Paris.Why didn't you open it when BH were commmittting attrocities all over Nigeria?Its still all about you isn't it?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Anomnity: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2015
Sameera025, I want to challenge the stand of some of you that want to be identified as peaceful muslims.
¤
Here's the trick to determine how peaceful any religion is:- What will be the reaction of a peaceful adherent if their holybook is burnt or prophet insulted?
¤
Ans:
Muslims: The most peaceful muslim is sure to breathe violence and slaughter to the pepetrators plus spill over to innocent people.
¤
Christians: Christians will most likely ignore or at the worst invoke curses but there's definitely not gonna be any bloodshed.
¤
So dear Samerra025 what will be your honest reaction should someone defiantly burn your Quran or insult your prophet? Honesty pleaseeeee!!!
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2015
I want to start by commending sameera025 and rich4god for epitomising civility in this discourse, even in their occasional disagreements. This is the kind of example I wish to see others imbibe in interfaith dialogues. Some other people, in spite of Sameera's conciliatory tone, seem unable to move beyond their usual hostile and antagonistic disposition towards 'the other'. I find that very disappointing.

I was once a Muslim, so I know that everything Sameera has said is true. I also know, however, that the fanatical elements in Islam find enough legitimate justifications in the Qur'an and collection of hadiths for their heinous crimes. This is where the problem lies. The Quran - and this is true for the other Abrahamic religious texts - is sufficiently vague to allow adherents extract any kind interpretation that suits their present disposition.

You may then ask, why is it that Islam seems to dominate the headlines more than the others? My answer would be that it's the zeitgeist of contemporary sociopolitical trends. One thing is true: Finding oneself at the proverbial tight corner due to the lopsided approach of power politics is the surest way to make desperate enemies. Sameera alluded to this earlier when she mentioned the case of Iraq and how thousands of people in the middle east suffer as a result of the many violations of Western countries driven by selfish interests.

Make no mistake, power politics is usually the driving force behind most of these violence. It is just so much easier to use religion as the rallying cry, since people are easily swayed as a result. Christians have inflicted their own share of violence on the world when they felt threatened. There are past examples and there are more recent ones. Again, the underlying motivation had more to do with power politics than religion.

Even Buddhists, who are universally acknowledged to be pacifistic, have resorted to violence against Muslims (i.e. In Myanmar) to preserve the Buddhist identity of their nation and surprise surprise, they found justification in their religion too.

My final verdict: It's not 'Muslims', 'Christians', 'Jews' or 'buddhists' who need to check themselves or apologise for the crimes of others. It's every individual that needs a reality check/self-appraisal.

To draw from a very local example, Sameera has been extremely civil and conciliatory in her comments, whereas some of the commenters have been rather crude and antagonistic, yet, Sameera is supposed to be the Muslim here, right? In the words of Ali G, check yourself before you wreck yourself!!

If I haven't bored you out already, I absolutely recommend reading this interview granted by Karen Armstrong HERE it sheds so much more light on my point.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Alfranco(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my story and invite Christians who have reservations about Islam to post their questions about the religion here so that we can all understand each other more and hopefully as I result I will be able to change the opinions of those of you who look at our religion in such a negative light.

I am a northern Muslim who was born and raised in the United States. Growing up I was always ashamed of being a Muslim because Islam was hated and considered as weird in the society. As a young child I badly wanted to be a Christian because it seemed easier and cooler. My friends didn't know I was a Muslim because I hid that side of myself. I didn't cover my hair, I dressed as my friends did, I wouldn't pray like I was meant to. I didn't get why it was so important to do all those things. I believed that if anything, practicing my religion would just make me unpopular in school and a bully target.
I recall an incident when I was about 6 years old and a friend of mine found an Islamic book in my room. We rummaged through the pages and made fun of the Arabic words, the names we considered to be funny and it was because we were so young and didn't understand it all.
I moved to Nigeria as a teenager and it was here that I felt comfortable being a Muslim. Being around so many other Muslims and Christians who were accepting of the religion made me feel comfortable in practicing Islam. I began covering up, and when I did I felt the importance of it. As a woman, when you cover up you feel as sense of protection. You don't obsess as much about your looks because your body is concealed. No obsessing over how your hair looks, getting attachments all that pressure because no one can see it. I began to pray daily and at doing so I became a happier person. I felt a closeness towards God and a sense of protection and guidance.
I'm ashamed at how I as a child I was embarrassed of my religion. At this point in life I couldn't be more proud to be a muslim. It's still tough being a Muslim in the world today and I know that won't go away soon. But one thing I need you all to understand is the Islam I and a majority of other Muslims practice do not agree with boko Haram and other terrorist groups and their beliefs, the killings, the hatred. We are appalled by their acts even more than Christians are. The fact that they do such heinous acts in the name of our religion which clearly condemns against such.
The more things seem to escalate with terrorism in the country and around the world, the more I observe how Christians are turning against Islam and how southerners seem to distinguish themselves from the "northerners". It breaks my heart because when I moved here Christians were soo accepting of me, the religion. I got the treatment and acceptance from Nigerian Christians more than I could have ever imagined receiving so In America.
I don't choose my friends based on religion or tribe. I love all Nigerians alike. I wish a lot more people could feel the same way too.
Anyways I've gone on for too long. I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that I can shed Islam in another light. I know it is a religion that is misunderstood. If you have any questions please ask, I would love to have peaceful discussions and start a little campaign to get Muslims and Christians across the country to work together and love each other again.
Nice piece you've got. The truth is good and bad people cut across both religions. We Christians believe Muslims, custodians of Islam, have a lot to do in clearing up misconceptions others rightly abhor. Terrorism for instance is largely viewed to be carried out by Muslims but not that others, Christians alike, don't do same. The difference is just that the bad eggs among Muslims chant God's name as they terrorize....This is one major aspect Islam needs to eradicate. Another is the plight of outsiders practicing other religions in countries of Middle East where it is often enshrined in the law not to openly disclose you worship other gods (It's illegal). Though, the West may ridicule you in most cases, you have a right to practice your religion legally.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Anomnity:
Sameera025, I want to challenge the stand of some of you that want to be identified as peaceful muslims.
¤
Here's the trick to determine how peaceful any religion is:- What will be the reaction of a peaceful adherent if their holybook is burnt or prophet insulted?
¤
Ans:
Muslims: The most peaceful muslim is sure to breathe violence and slaughter to the pepetrators plus spill over to innocent people.
¤
Christians: Christians will most likely ignore or at the worst invoke curses but there's definitely not gonna be any bloodshed.
¤
So dear Samerra025 what will be your honest reaction should someone defiantly burn your Quran or insult your prophet? Honesty pleaseeeee!!!

When I was a Muslim, I wrote an article thanking Terry Jones, that American pastor who threatened to hold a mass Quran burning rally, for putting more money in the hands of Quran printers. Crucially, I never for once, imagined the pastor's inciting threats represented the views of other Christians. So even if Sameera claims she'll react violently, I don't see why that should be an objective gauge of Islam anymore than Terry Jones should be an objective gauge of Christianity.

Maybe the question you really should ask is: What point is anybody who threatens to burn a religious text of another religion trying to make? It comes across as exceptionally hypocritical when you claim you're a pacifist.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by seankay(m): 9:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Nothing and nobody can change my view about Islam. Imagine a world without islam, dat means there would be no alqueda, boko haram, isis....

#No Pun intended#
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2015
I appreciate Sameera025 sharing her story...but I do not appreciate lies and pretence.

The Quran and Hadiths are awash with passages encouraging the most brutal and heinious atrocities. There is nothing ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram are doing that was not practised by Muhammad himself or preached by him in the Quran and the Hadiths... the beheadings, crucifixions, raping captives (yes, Muhammad did that too), forcing non muslims to leave their land or die or pay a high tax etc.

So my question to you is:

Do you want me to show you evidence?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

When I was a Muslim, I wrote an article thanking Terry Jones, that American pastor who threatened to hold a mass Quran burning rally, for putting more money in the hands of Quran printers. Crucially, I never for once, imagined the pastor's inciting threats represented the views of other Christians. So even if Sameera claims she'll react violently, I don't see why that should be an objective gauge of Islam anymore than Terry Jones should be an objective gauge of Christianity.

Maybe the question you really should ask is: What point is anybody who threatens to burn a religious text of another religion trying to make? It comes across as exceptionally hypocritical when you claim you're a pacifist.
Nice write up... But note this... There are as bad pple in Islam as there are in Christianity and other religion. But do you knw the diff... Its only in islam that the bad guys kills in the name of their religion. Pastor terry never said God asked him to burn the koran and even at that, there were immediate condemnation is his action by pple around the US and outside. But take a look at what ISIS, BH, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab... All have one thing in coming, killing in the name of Islam. Asari Dakubo is a muslim, but never for once has he been termed an Islamic terrorist/militant. Cos what he attack his men are carryn out, he doesnt do it in the name of Islam.

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Anomnity: 10:25am On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

I'm targeting fact in this question and the simple fact remains that the most peaceful muslim on earth is ready to shed blood to protect their holy book or their prophet from being desecrated.99% of muslims will do this whether peaceful or extremist.
¤
This speaks volumes about the peace claim of the said peaceful adherents if we want to be honest.
¤
Only if you really want to be honest acknowledge the subtle inbred violent trait and find ways to peacefully deal with it.Only then will the world acknowledge that you fellas are serious about peace.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Rich4god:
Nice write up... But note this... There are as bad pple in Islam as there are in Christianity and other religion. But do you knw the diff... Its only in islam that the bad guys kills in the name of their religion. Pastor terry never said God asked him to burn the koran and even at that, there were immediate condemnation is his action by pple around the US and outside. But take a look at what ISIS, BH, Al Qaeda, Al Shabab... All have one thing in coming, killing in the name of Islam. Asari Dakubo is a muslim, but never for once has he been termed an Islamic terrorist/militant. Cos what he attack his men are carryn out, he doesnt do it in the name of Islam.

You're wrong! George Bush justified one of the greatest tragedies of modern history in the name of his god in the name of his god . Yet he invaded the middle east purely for political reasons. The crusaders of yesteryears, remember them? They also committed their crimes in the name of their lord. The Buddhists of Myanmar, they murder Muslims in the name of their religion.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2015
Anomnity:

I'm targeting fact in this question and the simple fact remains that the most peaceful muslim on earth is ready to shed blood to protect their holy book or their prophet from being desecrated.99% of muslims will do this whether peaceful or extremist.
shocked shocked shocked

I'll safely assume you've met this supposedly "most peaceful Muslim on earth". So may I ask you for his/her name I mean, you even have accurate statistics of what Muslims will do, quoting it to the nearest unit figure of a mere 99%.

Tell me again about how you're only "targeting facts"!
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my story and invite Christians who have reservations about Islam to post their questions about the religion here so that we can all understand each other more and hopefully as I result I will be able to change the opinions of those of you who look at our religion in such a negative light.

I am a northern Muslim who was born and raised in the United States. Growing up I was always ashamed of being a Muslim because Islam was hated and considered as weird in the society. As a young child I badly wanted to be a Christian because it seemed easier and cooler. My friends didn't know I was a Muslim because I hid that side of myself. I didn't cover my hair, I dressed as my friends did, I wouldn't pray like I was meant to. I didn't get why it was so important to do all those things. I believed that if anything, practicing my religion would just make me unpopular in school and a bully target.
I recall an incident when I was about 6 years old and a friend of mine found an Islamic book in my room. We rummaged through the pages and made fun of the Arabic words, the names we considered to be funny and it was because we were so young and didn't understand it all.
I moved to Nigeria as a teenager and it was here that I felt comfortable being a Muslim. Being around so many other Muslims and Christians who were accepting of the religion made me feel comfortable in practicing Islam. I began covering up, and when I did I felt the importance of it. As a woman, when you cover up you feel as sense of protection. You don't obsess as much about your looks because your body is concealed. No obsessing over how your hair looks, getting attachments all that pressure because no one can see it. I began to pray daily and at doing so I became a happier person. I felt a closeness towards God and a sense of protection and guidance.
I'm ashamed at how I as a child I was embarrassed of my religion. At this point in life I couldn't be more proud to be a muslim. It's still tough being a Muslim in the world today and I know that won't go away soon. But one thing I need you all to understand is the Islam I and a majority of other Muslims practice do not agree with boko Haram and other terrorist groups and their beliefs, the killings, the hatred. We are appalled by their acts even more than Christians are. The fact that they do such heinous acts in the name of our religion which clearly condemns against such.
The more things seem to escalate with terrorism in the country and around the world, the more I observe how Christians are turning against Islam and how southerners seem to distinguish themselves from the "northerners". It breaks my heart because when I moved here Christians were soo accepting of me, the religion. I got the treatment and acceptance from Nigerian Christians more than I could have ever imagined receiving so In America.
I don't choose my friends based on religion or tribe. I love all Nigerians alike. I wish a lot more people could feel the same way too.
Anyways I've gone on for too long. I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that I can shed Islam in another light. I know it is a religion that is misunderstood. If you have any questions please ask, I would love to have peaceful discussions and start a little campaign to get Muslims and Christians across the country to work together and love each other again.

Hi friend... i am pleased by your sincere write up ..

You said

But one thing I need you all to understand is the Islam I and a majority of other Muslims practice do not agree with boko Haram and other terrorist groups and their beliefs, the killings, the hatred.

my take on your narration here is that apparently you haven't studied your quran indepth as well as your authentic hadiths, . Infact start with the 2 Most authentic hadiths sahih muslim and sahih bukhari. i hope u know the importance of the hadiths..u need the hadiths to understand the quran. your quran is filled with instructions
to kill atheists and pagans as well as instructions to fight the kaffirs ;jews and christains. To enslave people and have sex with slaves (Mohammed did this). Your quran as recited by Mohammed approved of selling people. , forcing people to accept the anti God, allah or die or pay extortion to stay alive (jizyah)...
i will quote the verses to show you this if you are in doubt. Yet u are here telling us to ignore the quran, hadiths and listen to you a moderate muslim and your practises.

You need to listen to a true Muslim in the person of Anjem Choudary, a no nonsense western Muslim living in london. He tells you Islam as it is and that violence is part and parcel of Islam. He is okay with it because he believes his god sanctioned the commands. The man isn't a hypocrite.

On the other hand there are exmuslims like Sam shamoun, Dr Nabeel Qureshi who after spending years studying both the Holy bible and quran came to the conclusion that the quran's god is the antithesis of the true God as well as an anti Christ in disguise(claiming Jesus is Christ but denying he is the son of God) and they have left Islam and become great christain apologetics.

There is also the popular Ali Sina who became convinced the quran was nonsense, and became popular after several Islamic clerics announced his death sentence for questioning Islamic teachings. He left Islam for athesim but after many years of living a godless life he just accepted Christ tho in an unorthodox manner because of his issues with the Bible.
There is the son of hamas author and Dr. Rushdie (the satanic verse ) etc who are exposing Islam every day and giving real arguments even tho they all have fatwas issued on their heads calling for their deaths.
6 million Muslims leave Islam every year in the middle east and north&subsaharan Africa combined. 75 percent of new converts into Islam leave Islam in the first 3 to 5 years. All this point to one thing. Once u are able to be open minded and haven't been brainwashed into Islam you will see the glaring falsehood of Islam at one point in ur life ...

The battle for your soul is between the force of Good and the forces of evil. When u were a child u knew that something was wrong with Islam. . And u were right. . Islam is wierd and for good reason.

hopefully one day you will turn to the way, the truth and the life, Our Lord Jesus, Son of God and one with God.

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2015
[quote author= AgentOfAllah post=29809876]

Hey friend. . Why is islam full of drama. .. Why can't you people be peaceful.

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION. IT IS A DEATH CULT.
The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Musiims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims'
Think of it:
Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Hindus living with Jews = No Problem
Christians living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Baha'is = No Problem
Baha'is living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Baha'is = No Problem
Baha'is living with Christians = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem
Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem
Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Baha'is = Problem
Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists = Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = BIG PROBLEM
**********SO THIS LEAD TO *****************
They’re not happy in Gaza
They're not happy in Egypt
They're not happy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happy in Iraq
They're not happy in Yemen
They're not happy in Afghanistan
They're not happy in Pakistan
They're not happy in Syria
They're not happy in Lebanon
They're not happy in Nigeria
They're not happy in Kenya
They're not happy in Sudan
******** So, where are they happy? **********
They're happy in Australia
They're happy in England
They're happy in Belgium
They're happy in France
They're happy in Italy
They're happy in Germany
They're happy in Sweden
They're happy in the USA & Canada
They're happy in Norway & India
They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic! And who do they blame? Not Islam... Not their leadership... Not themselves... THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!! And they want to change the countries they're happy in, to be like the countries they came from where they were unhappy and finally they will be get hammered
!!!!
Islamic Jihad: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
ISIS: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Qaeda: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Taliban: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Hamas: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Hezbollah: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Boko Haram: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Nusra: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Abu Sayyaf: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Al-Badr: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Muslim Brotherhood: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Lashkar-e-Taiba: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Palestine Liberation Front: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Ansaru: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION
Jemaah Islamiyah: AN ISLAMIC TERROR ORGANIZATION

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2015
boykas:

Hypocrites Here are verses from the religion of "peace"

Sahih Muslim 8:29: “IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A CAPTIVE WOMAN AFTER SHE IS PURIFIED (OF MENSES OR DELIVERY) IN CASE SHE HAS A HUSBAND, HER MARRIAGE IS ABROGATED AFTER SHE BECOMES CAPTIVE.”
Sahih Muslim 8:3432: “Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (verse 4:24)" (i.e., they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).”

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves.

See also Qur'an (70:29-30). The Quran is a small book, so if Allah used valuable space to repeat the same point four times, then sex slavery must be very important to him.

Qur'an (24:32)-"And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves..." Breeding slaves based on fitness.
Qur'an (2:178)-"O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female." The message of this verse, which prescribes the rules of retaliation for murder, is that all humans arenotcreated equal. The human value of a slave is less than that of a free person (and a woman's worth is also distinguished from that of a man's)

Do you want more evidence on why Islam is inherently vile, why Muslims go around killing people and why there has been over 25,000 terrorist incidents carried out by muslims since September the 11th 2001...

Here is a taste of islam from saudi arabia. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=550_1421270303

4 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 11:41am On Jan 15, 2015
This thread was meant to be a peaceful one for me to have civil discussions with my Christian neighbors who have questions about Islam. I opened up my story and have answered a number of questions but I think at this point it has just turned into a thread of insults. I would just like to say one last time that Islam and terrorism is different. Islam teaches peace. Most of us (note that 1.7 billion muslims in the world) believe in peace. To answer the question about the quran being burnt or my prophet being insulted, it makes me unhappy but not angry and violent for I know that this world is but temporary and the best punishment can only come from God. The prophet (saw) spoke of the khawarj "rebels", "terrorists" and called them the dogs of hell fire. Thank you Rich4God and AgentofAllah for your polite discussions. We can use an alternate means of discussing without all the distractions from those who are merely here to insult.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by northernigbo101: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
This thread was meant to be a peaceful one for me to have civil discussions with my Christian neighbors who have questions about Islam. I opened up my story and have answered a number of questions but I think at this point it has just turned into a thread of insults. I would just like to say one last time that Islam and terrorism is different. Islam teaches peace. Most of us (note that 1.7 billion muslims in the world) believe in peace. To answer the question about the quran being burnt or my prophet being insulted, it makes me unhappy but not angry and violent for I know that this world is but temporary and the best punishment can only come from God. The prophet (saw) spoke of the khawarj "rebels", "terrorists" and called them the dogs of hell fire. Thank you Rich4God and AgentofAllah for your polite discussions. We can use an alternate means of discussing without all the distractions from those who are merely here to insult.
if uve noticed i dnt quote any of them they ar mostly into blasphemy, insults am sure its d main resaon wy they got sidlined from d islam section they derive alot of fun from d name callin may b its der way of reveng may Allah help us all.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

You're wrong! George Bush justified one of the greatest tragedies of modern history in the name of his god in the name of his god . Yet he invaded the middle east purely for political reasons. The crusaders of yesteryears, remember them? They also committed their crimes in the name of their lord. The Buddhists of Myanmar, they murder Muslims in the name of their religion.

So you have a problem with the crusades?

The Christians should have left the Muslim terrorists to continue to kill and rape Christian and Jewish occupants and pilgrims to the Holy land invaded by Muslims without provocation?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
You can continue the discussion by ignoring comments you deemed insultive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / Tayo Demola Blasts Father Mbaka Over His Embarrassment Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.