Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians (21083 Views)

Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
This thread was meant to be a peaceful one for me to have civil discussions with my Christian neighbors who have questions about Islam. I opened up my story and have answered a number of questions but I think at this point it has just turned into a thread of insults. I would just like to say one last time that Islam and terrorism is different. Islam teaches peace. Most of us (note that 1.7 billion muslims in the world) believe in peace. To answer the question about the quran being burnt or my prophet being insulted, it makes me unhappy but not angry and violent for I know that this world is but temporary and the best punishment can only come from God. The prophet (saw) spoke of the khawarj "rebels", "terrorists" and called them the dogs of hell fire. Thank you Rich4God and AgentofAllah for your polite discussions. We can use an alternate means of discussing without all the distractions from those who are merely here to insult.

That's what all the Muslims I have debated do.

When I show them from their Quran and their Hadiths that Muhammad did and preached the same beheadings, crucifixions, rape and sale of captives...that ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda do, they run away under all sorts of pretexts. I for one dont remember insulting you or anyone.

I asked you: do you want me to show evidence from your Quran and Hadiths?

Fortunately, someone has listed some verses:

Sahih Muslim 8:29: “IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A CAPTIVE WOMAN AFTER SHE IS PURIFIED (OF MENSES OR DELIVERY) IN CASE SHE HAS A HUSBAND, HER MARRIAGE IS ABROGATED AFTER SHE BECOMES CAPTIVE.”
Sahih Muslim 8:3432: “Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (verse 4:24)" (i.e., they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).”

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves. 

See also Qur'an (70:29-30). The Quran is a small book, so if Allah used valuable space to repeat the same point four times, then sex slavery must be very important to him.

Qur'an (24:32)-"And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves..." Breeding slaves based on fitness.
Qur'an (2:178)-"O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female." The message of this verse, which prescribes the rules of retaliation for murder, is that all humans arenotcreated equal. The human value of a slave is less than that of a free person (and a woman's worth is also distinguished from that of a man's)

They are from your Quran and Hadiths, not our words.

2 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

You're wrong! George Bush justified one of the greatest tragedies of modern history in the name of his god in the name of his god . Yet he invaded the middle east purely for political reasons. The crusaders of yesteryears, remember them? They also committed their crimes in the name of their lord. The Buddhists of Myanmar, they murder Muslims in the name of their religion.
I dont knw when bush justified his war act by claiming it was God who sent him...
Dont even talk abt the crusades, cos it was as a direct consequence of the islamic war against the holy land and other christian countries... Though i knw that at a time it went out of way, but i believe that if islamic worriors didnt start taking over pples land and forcing them to convert, there wont have been any crusade.

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Alfranco(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

You're wrong! George Bush justified one of the greatest tragedies of modern history in the name of his god in the name of his god . Yet he invaded the middle east purely for political reasons. The crusaders of yesteryears, remember them? They also committed their crimes in the name of their lord. The Buddhists of Myanmar, they murder Muslims in the name of their religion.
The Crusades? People should research why the Crusaders were at war. Besides we've past the dark ages of 1090s to about 1100 Crusades. This is 21st Century where religious strife of any kind cannot be justified. And what has innocent folks of Nigeria in black Africa got to do with that in modern day?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
Alfranco:

The Crusades? People should research why the Crusaders were at war. Besides we've past the dark ages of 1090s to about 1100 Crusades. This is 21st Century where religious strife of any kind cannot be justified. And what has innocent folks of Nigeria in black Africa got to do with that in modern day?
Forget dark ages or... The crusade was in retaliation of what the islamic jihadist were doing to the holy land.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Alfranco:

These days are darker than the ones you call "dark ages."

The things that caused the crusades are the same things ISIS is doing now: unjust and unprovoked killing, raping and destruction for allah.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

That's what all the Muslims I have debated do.

When I show them from their Quran and their Hadiths that Muhammad did and preached the same beheadings, crucifixions, rape and sale of captives...that ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda do, they run away under all sorts of pretexts. I for one dont remember insulting you or anyone.

I asked you: do you want me to show evidence from your Quran and Hadiths?

Fortunately, someone has listed some verses:

Sahih Muslim 8:29: “IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A CAPTIVE WOMAN AFTER SHE IS PURIFIED (OF MENSES OR DELIVERY) IN CASE SHE HAS A HUSBAND, HER MARRIAGE IS ABROGATED AFTER SHE BECOMES CAPTIVE.”
Sahih Muslim 8:3432: “Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (verse 4:24)" (i.e., they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end).”

Qur'an (4:24)-"And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." Even sex with married slaves is permissible.

Qur'an (8:69)-"But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good" A reference to war booty, of which slaves were a part

Qur'an (33:50)-"O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee"

Qur'an (23:5-6)-"..who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess..." This verse permits the slave-owner to have sex with his slaves. 

See also Qur'an (70:29-30). The Quran is a small book, so if Allah used valuable space to repeat the same point four times, then sex slavery must be very important to him.

Qur'an (24:32)-"And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves..." Breeding slaves based on fitness.
Qur'an (2:178)-"O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female." The message of this verse, which prescribes the rules of retaliation for murder, is that all humans arenotcreated equal. The human value of a slave is less than that of a free person (and a woman's worth is also distinguished from that of a man's)

They are from your Quran and Hadiths, not our words.
I don't know where you got those modified verses but they are not accurate. Here are the accurate ones. Next time get them straight from the quran. Twisting the verses of the quran makes you no different than the terrorists that do the same.

8:29 O you who have believed, if you fear Allah , He will grant you a criterion and will remove from you your misdeeds and forgive you. And Allah is the possessor of great bounty. (this one you completely got wrong. This is the correct verse)

24:42 And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (you completely twisted this one)

(4:24) And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise. (this is referring to marriage, it prohibits men from marrying married women)

8:69 So consume what you have taken of war booty [as being] lawful and good, and fear Allah . Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (booty means treasure. Gold etc. No where does it say slaves are considered booty)

33:50 O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (it is saying it is lawful to marry slaves and all the other women listed. Not have intercourse with. Premarital intercourse is forbidden in islam)

2:178 O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution for those murdered - the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But whoever overlooks from his brother anything, then there should be a suitable follow-up and payment to him with good conduct. This is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. But whoever transgresses after that will have a painful punishment. (after legal retribution, payment with good conduct, painful punishment for those who punish outside legal retribution)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
northernigbo101:
if uve noticed i dnt quote any of them they ar mostly into blasphemy, insults am sure its d main resaon wy they got sidlined from d islam section they derive alot of fun from d name callin may b its der way of reveng may Allah help us all.

Ameen. People sure do enjoy poking fun and insulting. It's never right to do so.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Prophet Muhammad's Last Sermon

Date delivered: 632 A.C.
This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul al Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.

After praising, and thanking God, he said:
"O People, listen well to my words, for I do not know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Treat others justly so that no one would be unjust to you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. God has forbidden you to take usury (riba), therefore all riba obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital , however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. God has judged that there shall be no riba and that all the riba due to `Abbas ibn `Abd al Muttalib shall henceforth be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabi`ah ibn al Harith ibn `Abd al Muttalib.

O Men, the Unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which God forbade, and to forbid that which God has made permissible. With God the months are twelve in number. Four of them are sacred, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Sha`ban. Beware of the devil, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights over your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under God's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. It is your right and they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste...

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship God (The One Creator of the Universe), perform your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your financial obligation (zakah) of your wealth. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before God (The Creator) and you will answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR MESSENGER WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I am leaving you with the Book of God (the QUR'AN*) and my SUNNAH (the life style and the behavioral mode of the Prophet), if you follow them you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by dorox(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
@sameera025

As a muslim , what is your view of the sharia law, and would you like to live in a country where this law is implemented?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sameera025, thank you for answering.

Please allow me to bring you some verses one by one to avoid confusion.

Quran 2:193 Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Isn't that Muhammad asking his followers to fight unbelievers and to stop if the unbelievers convert to Islam?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:
This thread was meant to be a peaceful one for me to have civil discussions with my Christian neighbors who have questions about Islam. I opened up my story and have answered a number of questions but I think at this point it has just turned into a thread of insults. I would just like to say one last time that Islam and terrorism is different. Islam teaches peace. Most of us (note that 1.7 billion muslims in the world) believe in peace. To answer the question about the quran being burnt or my prophet being insulted, it makes me unhappy but not angry and violent for I know that this world is but temporary and the best punishment can only come from God. The prophet (saw) spoke of the khawarj "rebels", "terrorists" and called them the dogs of hell fire. Thank you Rich4God and AgentofAllah for your polite discussions. We can use an alternate means of discussing without all the distractions from those who are merely here to insult.

Its funny how you decide to stop the discussion as soon as the facts of your religion are brought up .... the verses speak for them self, the deeds of Mohammed are clear. ... when it is presented to you then u run away... the days when u Muslims decieved the kaffirs christains jews atheists etc is over....thank God for the Internet. ... the all mighty God made it possible for so many exmuslims to expose the evils of the quran. Millions now have access to the English translations of the quran and popular hadiths... i ponder on you sources all most every day. ... islam is sick and the muslims are most to be pitied.

2 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:
Sameera025, thank you for answering.

Please allow me to bring you some verses one by one to avoid confusion.

Quran 2:193 Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Isn't that Muhammad asking his followers to fight unbelievers and to stop if the unbelievers convert to Islam?

Let me make one thing clear, the quran is from God. They are his words that he revealed through the prophet Muhammed.

These verses were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Makkans. An example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as 'terrorist activities' according to the modern usage of the term. So what does this verse say in this context? "Fight in the cause of God those who fight you", "unless they (first) fight you there" - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims. And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear:

"But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Noble Quran 2:192]

http://www.aboutjihad.com/terrorism/quran_misquote_part_2.php
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

So you have a problem with the crusades?

The Christians should have left the Muslim terrorists to continue to kill and rape Christian and Jewish occupants and pilgrims to the Holy land invaded by Muslims without provocation?

I'm not having this discussion with you. Go read a little bit on history of the Crusades. In the process, thousands of innocent Jews and Muslims were massacred.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
Rich4god:
I dont knw when bush justified his war act by claiming it was God who sent him...
Dont even talk abt the crusades, cos it was as a direct consequence of the islamic war against the holy land and other christian countries... Though i knw that at a time it went out of way, but i believe that if islamic worriors didnt start taking over pples land and forcing them to convert, there wont have been any crusade.

Read about the crusades.

As for Bush's justification, check the hyperlink I provided in my comment.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
dorox:
@sameera025

As a muslim would, what is your view of the sharia law, and would you like to live in a country where this law is implemented?

I would love to live by the rulings of the quran. Where life is just and fair. The unfortunate thing is that everywhere people are failed by a system made to be just, that is manipulated to be unjust to others.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ifeann:

Its funny how you decide to stop the discussion as soon as the facts of your religion are brought up .... the verses speak for them self, the deeds of Mohammed are clear. ... when it is presented to you then u run away... the days when u Muslims decieved the kaffirs christains jews atheists etc is over....thank God for the Internet. ... the all mighty God made it possible for so many exmuslims to expose the evils of the quran. Millions now have access to the English translations of the quran and popular hadiths... i ponder on you sources all most every day. ... islam is sick and the muslims are most to be pitied.

If you scroll up you will see that I corrected the fabricated verses. They were very inaccurate. I will never turn down an opportunity to give the correct message.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by toobasky: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
How will she continue the discussion when the aim of the discussion has been violated, she meant to have a peaceful talk with us and most of us are here posting hateful comments based on their individual pain. Rich4god and agentofAllah are matured guys even if I dnt see them I know. Anyway, I've followed her comments and all I can say is both religion meant well but selfish individuals over the years have altered divine words from both books to please themselves in order to achieve their selfish desires for example in the bible like it or not words were changed different from the original one, and in the qur'an meanings of verses are misquoted for selfish aims. Anyway there is a common enemy and as soon as we realize that we will all start healing because as for me prior to sep 11 terrorism was a poor business but with the advent of modern technology and the yearn for worldy desires terrorism has become a multi-billion dollar business with government of economies, religious leaders and politicians involved in it...the mind is a powerful tool and its where the DEVIL has a PHD in manipulating. #peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by AgentOfAllah: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ifeann:

Hey friend. . Why is islam full of drama. .. Why can't you people be peaceful.

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION. IT IS A DEATH CULT.
The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Musiims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims...

Listen mate, I'm the wrong person to aim your vile questions at. I can list as many things in the bible that makes the Christian holy text just as violent as the Quran, but that's not my problem today. Somebody is trying to start a sane interfaith dialogue, so you're expected to reciprocate with a sense of decorum, not hurling provocative nonsense and demanding answers. Neither Sameera025 nor myself owe you an answer or an apology. Feel free to bask in your retrogressive, belligerent mind set. You're not my cup of tea!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

I'm not having this discussion with you. Go read a little bit on history of the Crusades. In the process, thousands of innocent Jews and Muslims were massacred.
o common... Even the link you gave made it clear that the first crusade was in response to bynzantine emperor call for help against the islamic jihadist... What else do you want to hear...

2 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

If you scroll up you will see that I corrected the fabricated verses. They were very inaccurate. I will never turn down an opportunity to give the correct message.
plz, i still have some pending questions that you have not answered... I tagged you in them... Will be waiting...
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Listen mate, I'm the wrong person to aim your vile questions at. I can list as many things in the bible that makes the Christian holy text just as violent as the Quran, but that's not my problem today. Somebody is trying to start a sane interfaith dialogue, so you're expected to reciprocate with a sense of decorum, not hurling provocative nonsense and demanding answers. Neither Sameera025 nor myself owe you an answer or an apology. Feel free to bask in your retrogressive, belligerent mind set. You're not my cup of tea!
plz, i did expect you to have ignored that comment for now...

I want to let you knw that all religions have pretty much bad pple including xtianity, but its the way the general body handle the bad ones that matters. Pple are annoyed against muslims, not because all muslims are bad, but because they have failed to call their pple to order.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
@agentofallah... This is an example that i have pointed earlier on... There is an on going protest in turkey, condenming charlie hebdo latest cover picture... But how come there have not been an outright condemnation of the Yemeni branch of al qaeda that just claimed responsibility for the attack.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Listen mate, I'm the wrong person to aim your vile questions at. I can list as many things in the bible that makes the Christian holy text just as violent as the Quran, but that's not my problem today. Somebody is trying to start a sane interfaith dialogue, so you're expected to reciprocate with a sense of decorum, not hurling provocative nonsense and demanding answers. Neither Sameera025 nor myself owe you an answer or an apology. Feel free to bask in your retrogressive, belligeIrent mind set. You're not my cup of tea!

Apparently u think i am one of those ignorant people u Muslims decieve annd lie to by using al taqyyia as your quran allows u too.... it is unfair for you to represent islam in light of what it is not, trying to make it seem peaceful while it is inherently violent.
I am not blinded by political correctness nor any form of bigotry. I state the facts as it is including what i see in the christain scriptures.

i wont be surprised u don't bring up the Old Testament. ..that's the best agrument you Muslims have for the defence of the vile nature of the quran. You tryto draw a parallel with Laws given to the anicent jews and the commands given to muslims for all time.. clap for yourself u just showed how ignorant you are my friend.

The op did well to bring this topic up how ever she ignores my questions that threaten her Disney world version of Islam. .ypu expect me to be politically correct in my statements while christains jews Hindus buddists and atheists are persecuted and many die in the hands of your fellow Muslims in the middle east, asia and Africa. To hell with political correctness and hypocrisy. I will speak the truth and stand by it.

Mordified:
I dont expect you to apologize on behalf of what other Muslims do. I just hope u dont follow all the teachings of Mohammed and then become an extremist.

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Rich4god:
@agentofallah... This is an example that i have pointed earlier on... There is an on going protest in turkey, condenming charlie hebdo latest cover picture... But how come there have not been an outright condemnation of the Yemeni branch of al qaeda that just claimed responsibility for the attack.

That is the hypocrisy of Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
Rich4god:
@sameera025... I want to knw the stand of the quran on death penalty. Why are pple killed for desecrating the quran or abusing the prophet... Are they not supposed to be reprimanded.

The quran says:
"...If anyone kills a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all people. And if anyone saves a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all people" (Qur'an 5:32).
And
"...Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law. Thus does He command you, so that you may learn wisdom" (6:151)

Anyone who doesn't adhere to this is not following the rulings of the Quran.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

I see nothing addressing the verses i mentioned my friend..i am talking about the verses i lifted from your quran and hadiths unchanged. Verses that command slavery, sex with slaves, violence etc which contradicts the story u are telling us here. Verses i posted few hours ago.

If u dont have explanations to it just say so.. i understand u may not have studied your quran. I have had Muslims admit to me that they are not knowledgeable on several verse i bring to them and i don't condemn them for it. So please don't avoid the topic by saying you have corrected a fabrication when u havent even attempted to. Besides u can't correct the quran that is shirk.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Rich4god(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

The quran says:
"...If anyone kills a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all people. And if anyone saves a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all people" (Qur'an 5:32).
And
"...Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law. Thus does He command you, so that you may learn wisdom" (6:151)

Anyone who doesn't adhere to this is not following the rulings of the Quran.

If I get you right, the koran condems the killing of someone who desecrated the koran or abused the propet...?

Now, some muslims countries have what we call blasphemy law wch issues a death penalty to pple who fall short of the law. So many pple have fallen victim to this law in middle east esp...

Now, these laws are been uphelp by islamic scholars of the country and the muslims all rally around to ensure that the offender faces the penalty. Now if am to deduce logically, does it mean that the muslims in those country are practicing anoda brand of islam...?

2 Likes

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ifeann(f): 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
Rich4god:
plz, i did expect you to have ignored that comment for now...

I want to let you knw that all religions have pretty much bad pple including xtianity, but its the way the general body handle the bad ones that matters. Pple are annoyed against muslims, not because all muslims are bad, but because they have failed to call their pple to order.

And because their quran commands them to kill and maim. And subdue disbelievers of allah till they pay a fee to stay alive which is called jizyah..if any muslim says it(quran) doesnt say these things then they all Mohammed a lair.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by sameera025: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ifeann:

I see nothing addressing the verses i mentioned my friend..i am talking about the verses i lifted from your quran and hadiths unchanged. Verses that command slavery, sex with slaves, violence etc which contradicts the story u are telling us here. Verses i posted few hours ago.

If u dont have explanations to it just say so.. i understand u may not have studied your quran. I have had Muslims admit to me that they are not knowledgeable on several verse i bring to them and i don't condemn them for it. So please don't avoid the topic by saying you have corrected a fabrication when u havent even attempted to. Besides u can't correct the quran that is shirk.

You obviously didn't check. Here's what I posted.

I don't know where you got those modified verses but they are not accurate. Here are the accurate ones. Next time get them straight from the quran. Twisting the verses of the quran makes you no different than the terrorists that do the same.

8:29 O you who have believed, if you fear Allah , He will grant you a criterion and will remove from you your misdeeds and forgive you. And Allah is the possessor of great bounty. (this one you completely got wrong. This is the correct verse)

24:42 And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (you completely twisted this one)

(4:24) And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise. (this is referring to marriage, it prohibits men from marrying married women)

8:69 So consume what you have taken of war booty [as being] lawful and good, and fear Allah . Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (booty means treasure. Gold etc. No where does it say slaves are considered booty)

33:50 O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful. (it is saying it is lawful to marry slaves and all the other women listed. Not have intercourse with. Premarital intercourse is forbidden in islam)

2:178 O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution for those murdered - the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But whoever overlooks from his brother anything, then there should be a suitable follow-up and payment to him with good conduct. This is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. But whoever transgresses after that will have a painful punishment. (after legal retribution, payment with good conduct, painful punishment for those who punish outside legal retribution)
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
sameera025:

Let me make one thing clear, the quran is from God. They are his words that he revealed through the prophet Muhammed.

These verses were revealed at a time when Muslims of Madinah were under constant attack from the Makkans. An example would be when the Makkans conducted the public crucifixion of the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), Khubaib bin Adi. These would be classified as 'terrorist activities' according to the modern usage of the term. So what does this verse say in this context? "Fight in the cause of God those who fight you", "unless they (first) fight you there" - the context of this verse applies to those who initiate the attack against Muslims. And even after they attack, the verse makes it clear:

"But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Noble Quran 2:192]

http://www.aboutjihad.com/terrorism/quran_misquote_part_2.php

The verse specifically says that they should fight until there is no more disbelief...until the enemies submit to Allah.

You're ignoring that.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

We are not talking of the process. In the process of removing Hitler, innocents died. In the process of fighting ISIS, Boko Haram, innocents are dying.

What caused the crusades? The atrocities of Muslims in and around the Holy land.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by italo: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Read about the crusades.

As for Bush's justification, check the hyperlink I provided in my comment.
The link tells us that some Palestinians said that Bush said...

No direct quote from George Bush.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.