Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,243 members, 7,853,232 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

7 Steps To Identify Scammers. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Steps To Identify Scammers. (782 Views)

How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria / Prah!!! You Have Been Hacked!!! 7 Steps To Take After The Bad News! / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Steps To Identify Scammers. by 7mm: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2008
This is how I normally do to identify scammers, with this, you should be ok for quite some time.

First of all, I do Google search with the name of the company and the word scam. Normally, there should be no page with the company listed with the word scam next to them but if you see at least one, maybe it is a scam. No need to have several pages, only one is neccessary.

Secondly, I go on a very good website, www.fraudwatchers.org who have a list of all website and company listed as scam. They just saved me from sending sample to a scam company.

And thirdly, just ask people around on forums just like this one. I saw a mate who've done that.

Fourth steps is that you can verify the address they gave you and find out what's really on this. Go on www.whitepages.com and enter the address they gave you to find out if the address is really registered as their business address or at least at their names.

Fifth test is to ask them to phone you. Normally scammers won't do this but beware, some also tries to call you. Please be aware that some scammers uses call redirection which is call callback (I'm not sure of that) or they can use fax to email. Using this, they get number that are listed in U.S.A., U.K. or any European country where in reality, they are located elsewhere.

Sixth, always inquire about the mail address. This is a mistake scammers often made. Try to see whether the email address comes from a free mail server. Suppose you get a mail from economicdevelopment@mail2cameroon.cc, be sure this is a scam. The mail address (it truely exist and they tried to scam me) is not from the Cameroon government, but from a free mail server. This is how I caught my first scammer.

Seventh and last advice for the time being; JUST COME To THIS GREAT FORUM AND ASK PEOPLE. Yes, you can come here and ask and many people will help you. I've been for so much time victim of scammers, who fortunately failed in their attempts, that I've got some pretty much experience.

This is approximately all I can remember for the time being but again, if you need advices, please post them here and am sure other forumites will give you quick answers!

God bless!
Re: 7 Steps To Identify Scammers. by Xenisha: 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2023
WhitePages.com is a Criminal Operation that needs to be shutdown ASAP! This Bogus 'entity' is nothing more than group of Master-Scammers who will Fleece unsuspecting individuals over and over Again!

Even after receiving reimbursement following a successful cancellation via email *(It took FOREVER!), they'll continue billing that account, or even some-how, others with whitepages reviews , for which I have NO CLUE as to how they obtained the needed information in order to gain access.

Ultimately, the only remedy available, in order to avoid these ongoing BOGUS charges, is to close that, and every affiliated account that they may have gained access to, and have new cards issued! So far now, this has happened with a total of 3 of my accounts!!!

(1) (Reply)

Site Review / I Need Help From A Good Web Developer / Give It Up For Google Maps, I Can View My House At Ijesha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.