Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. (6485 Views)

The Evil In Nigeria New 100 Naira Note / Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? / Buhari's Twitter Condemnation Not Acceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by gratieao: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
aderonila18:
It simply means that the government hasn't done enough engliment, it's not just about people in the north. The note looks different from the others and this is Nigeria where people are rightly cautious .
You said it all. Me sef never see the money

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by wordcat(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:

Ok, please don't mind me. My father is a Casanova and I was born by Mistake

You don't need to tell us. Just go straight to the nearest Rehabilitation centre.

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by M17: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Same here in yeeboela land, they refuse it as well. Maybe its cos of too much akpu in there brain.

APE keep snacking tree shrubs .
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by sunboy(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lies! Here is Suleja people spending it. Maybe the op should state the area in the North.

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by rapcy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Here in Kaduna most of them grumble about the new note. They prefer to give it to you as change rather than giving the old note. A phone seller told me last week that the new note is not for them(Muslims), thinking I am a muslim.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by loreee1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
yeah it's true
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by darqly(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
inme:
A friend of mine who just returned from North told me people don't do not accept the new Centenary 100

Biko, which part of Nigeria is called North? Your friend is lying anyway as I've yet to see it being rejected. It's actually in high demand.

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by ungwar(m): 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
I live in sokoto and the denomination is well in circulation.

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by That2: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
I collected the new hundred naira note as change from a mai suya and immediately use it to repair my shoes from another hausa man in minna. The person who says this note isn't accepted in minna is daft, the people who make conclusions without consulting just to insult the north are equally daft. If the note is rejected why not ask question like a civilise human and find out why it is rejected instead of jumping into conclusions. They was an outbreak of fake N1000 notes in kaduna recently,it looks very much like this N100 note. Many people have bitter esperience of it back then. An Edo catholic old lady residing in the north also rejected the note from me, Does it means all Edos don't accept the note. Some people can be very daft! When i go through their profiles i found out "most" people making such baseless asumptions are igbos. why? Could it be your hatred for the north is shutting down your reasoning capability? Anyway i think the government need7 to enlightening the publc more on this note. it is beatiful

3 Likes

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by That2: 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
eldega:

Its not about hating my brother...this happened to me last week in Abuja and I was seriously surprise myself. I bought something of 8k from a young hausa guy, I had N1,000 note 6k and added 2k of N100 new note to complete it...the guy rejected it out rightly, I didn't have any other money on me and there was no ATM around....told him I don't have any other money on me and he said I should drop the goods which I was not even ready to do. He asked his other northern colleagues and they said they cant collect it, until we met an Igbo guy in the market who later collected the money from us and changed it to another note.

I asked him why he rejected the money, he said they wont collect it from him if he go to market with it too...............I believe its all about perception and level of awareness
Most reasonable posts so far! Learn to ask questions and make enquiries before jumping into conclusion. May your IQ be even higher.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by arewafederation: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
devilsworkshop:
P

BUHARI will never rule Nigeria
Mark my words

Gej till 2019

Gej till 2019 in Tartarus.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by eightsin(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
inme:
A friend of mine who just returned from North told me people don't do not accept the new Centenary 100 note, simply because the Arabic word is not there

Can anybody from that part of the country confirm this please.

We will see how much they will reject it when the old one is totally withdrawn from circulation
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by sweetgala(m): 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
Maybe some of them are not sincere about the authenticity of the notes. Illiteracy and lack of public information provided by the FG means people are not sure of the circulation of a new note and what it should look like.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by rapcy(m): 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
That2:
I collected the new hundred naira note as change from a mai suya and immediately use it to repair my shoes from another hausa man in minna. The person who says this note isn't accepted in minna is daft, the people who make conclusions without consulting just to insult the north are equally daft. If the note is rejected why not ask question like a civilise human and find out why it is rejected instead of jumping into conclusions. They was an outbreak of fake N1000 notes in kaduna recently,it looks very much like this N100 note. Many people have bitter esperience of it back then. An Edo catholic old lady residing in the north also rejected the note from me, Does it means all Edos don't accept the note. Some people can be very daft! When i go through their profiles i found out "most" people making such baseless asumptions are igbos. why? Could it be your hatred for the north is shutting down your reasoning capability? Anyway i think the government need7 to enlightening the publc more on this note. it is beatiful
U are confusing me. You said it's not rejected, you then said an edo woman rejected it from you. Hmmmm. I smell lie
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by devilsworkshop: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
arewafederation:

Gej till 2019 in Tartarus.

BUHARI will go to jail by Gej Because Buhari is a certified terrorist
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by VirginFinder: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
I rejected it, myself.
The awareness is low.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by BlackTechnology: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
That2:

How did you conclude they are Igbos undecided

Northern illiteracy dey worry you. angry
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Mooaloji(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Capital LIE, the north is accepted evrywia in the north, u and dat ur frnd must be stupid for dis falsehood against d north. Nonsense
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Rhukie(f): 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
local vendors don't collect it in my community. FYI I live in Lagos
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by HopeAtHand: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

Same here in yeeboela land, they refuse it as well. Maybe its cos of too much akpu in there brain.

Why are many NLs quoting you and complaining about your comment..

Please im quite unaware, where exactly in this world is called yeeboela land?? Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea?
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by dickoflife(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
berem:
I saw the money for the first time yesterday when it was given to me as change. I wanted to use it and buy something from a bread seller and she refused to collect it. Why? She said it is fake!
if you are lying may the gods punish you.. however if ur being truthful please educate whomever you see..

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:
[s][/s]

hediot. too much eba. you can't even write properly. ndi ofe mmanu
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
MayorofLagos:

This is how Ibo raises itself to relevance....through self promotion, and they do so by denigrating others.

It's why no one have love for Ibo, not in Nigeria, not in West Africa, not in East Africa or South Africa.

grin grin
but who cares? so as long as it doesn't stop us from excelling. keep the hate coming

1 Like

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Bruteforce1o1: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2015
SkinnyDude:
My useless father is an i.diot

Alright.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Bruteforce1o1: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2015
[s]
HopeAtHand:

Why are many NLs quoting you and complaining about your comment..

Please im quite unaware, where exactly in this world is called yeeboela land?? Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea?
[/s]

Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by SkinnyDude(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Bruteforce1o1:

Alright.
bastard. why did you edit my comment and wrote rubbish there? that's childish
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by T9ksy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
kheart:
op u re suffering from i must create thread mentality. So because ur friend visited one state in d north (one local govt area in d state) im com generalise u ma com dey spread d news for nl.

I dont know hu foolish past sef btw u wey carry d yeye messege n dose who agree to ur very silly post.

@ bolded......that my brother, is a $64,000 question o!!!

Hmmmmnnnn, very tough choice.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Bruteforce1o1: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
SkinnyDude:
I am a Basta.rd. Devil punish me

Alright bro, Amen!
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Orunto: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Have you heard that?
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Gboliwe: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
I have had a shop-seller in Akwaibom state reject the money but her neigbour immediately asked me for it and gave me the old one to pay for the drink I bought.

I think it depends on the level of awareness.
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by emmanuel4758(m): 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
fiftynaira:
Money wey I use buy airtime the lady thank me give me 350 change...

She think say na dollar
devil is a liar
Re: New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm honestly surprised this bigot infested thread didn't make it to the front page, or perhaps it's because the focus is on all Buhari/Gej threads.

And by the way did people in the north specifically told you guys that they don't accept the damn note over 'ajami'? Or you just decided to attempt to give bigots another avenue to express their hate for the Northerners?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clear Prophesy Of What Is Happening In The Country Now And What Will Happen Next / Igbos Can Only Get Presidency Through APC – Ex-Senator, Utazi / GEJ’s Adviser To Stand Surety For Suspected Subsidy Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.