Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. (3179 Views)

Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL / List Of Common Problems And Their Solutions For Cars In The Rains. / What Are The Common Problems That Acura MDX 2001-2005 Do Have. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. by fotot(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
compliments of the season to u all,am planning to buy acura tl btw 2004-2006 model can someone tell me the common problems that acura tl do have.
Re: What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. by FlyboyZee: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
fotot:
compliments of the season to u all,am planning to buy acura tl btw 2004-2006 model can someone tell me the common problems that acura tl do have.
İ used my 2002 Acura TL Type S for over 2 years without any issues before giving it out. That car is a glider, she can go. lol. The car is still in my family, as my brother is still going strong with it counting over 3 yeqrs and heading to the fourth now. İts a car thats fun to drive and would really be appreciated by speed demons. İf you are not a speed person, my take is go for a Toyota and leave the TL alone as it would be such a waste to have all that power under the hood and never get to use it.

Just ensure that you use the recommended fluids (engine oil, ATF, coolant, brake fluid, etc) and do your servicing on the go as at and when due and İ bet you would fall in love with that car. İ still miss her till date, especially when İ need to really drive.

Wish you luck and happy TLing. lol...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. by fotot(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
Thank u very much flyboyzee for the advice nd which product acura recommend for (engine oil, ATF, coolant, brake fluid)
Re: What Are The Common Problems That Acura Tl 2004-2006 Do Have. by FlyboyZee: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2015
Like every Honda car, the Acura TL comes recommended with APİ 5w20 graded engine oil boldly and clearly written on the oil refil cap. For mine, İ used to service the car (both oil and filter change) at every 5,000 km since it was an everyday's car with 1 gallon of Milemaster engine oil which İ'm still using for my other Honda cars till date.

İ never changed the ATF while İ was using the car, but did servicing of the gear before handing the car over to my brother, İ used Honda DW 1 which comes in 1litre containers, you will need 6 units of that.

As per the coolant, it is boldly written on the refil cap what kind, type or class of coolant/mixture you are required to use. İ never had any reason to change the one that came with the car and as such never bothered myself about it.

The recommended brake fluid on the refil cap was either dot3 or dot4, İ can't really remember, but İ bought Mobil dot4 Brake Fluid all the same and that's what İ used to top up the brake fluid when İ had a little shortage.

All these things are clearly written in the owner's manual and you can get them from Jumia, Konga or even your local spare parts shops now, not like then when it was like rocket science just asking of the oil alone. lol.

Other Advice:
Online communities/resources like Nairaland and Acurazine were very helpful since İ was the first and only person to own a TL back then in the town İ live, where its either you are driving a Toyota or something is wrong with you. But, all of that as change now as the car has become popular and has been re-christened 'Acura Baby Boy'. lol. My '02 TL shared a lot of parts with the Baby Boy V6, so my mechanic said, but İ never had the opportunity to test his theory.

The TL is the most comfortable car İ have ever used for any journey, İ left Yenagoa by 6am and arrived Makurdi by 1pm and İ was feeling as fresh as if İ just woke up from a deep and fulfilling slumber, yet everybody was like what flight did you take? lol. Welcome to the Acura world. Happy motoring! my dear.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Longest Car In The World, It Has A Swimming Pool (photos) / Engine Oil For Power Steering??? / Most Underrated Sport Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.