Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man (2913 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / If You Meet God And He Allowed You To Ask Him One Question, What Would It Be? / JESUS' TWO NATURES: GOD AND MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=dd12345 post=29928380]
@CANTICLES..ALSO NOTE

Hebrews 2:14:, “For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same. . . “ Here the text does refer to the physical flesh but Jesus did not take on Himself a sinful nature. It means he became a human having the same physical flesh and blood minus the sin nature. As Rom.8:3 says Jesus came in the “likeness of sinful flesh”, in other words he was fully man, he looked like any other but without the sin. The word for flesh used here refers to mankind in their fallen state (the body of flesh).

When speaking of sinful man who consists of flesh and blood he cannot enter the kingdom of God without a new birth. Jn.3:3-5 Jesus explains that a fallen man cannot enter God's kingdom without being spiritually regenerated, he will not even see the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 15:50 “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. “ The Apostle Paul turns to the subject of transformation of the body not the soul. The body that we now possess is not suitable for the heavenly kingdom. It is corrupted, subject to disease, and decays. Only that which is pure, incorruptible and immortal can enter heaven, this is why there must be a change. Paul is answering the question of what kind of “body” believers will receive in the resurrection (vs. 35). It will be a “spiritual body” (vs. 44). A “spiritual body” must be defined by the ONLY example we have of one, the first fruits from the dead, the body of Jesus. He described his body as one of flesh and bone, (possibly bloodless) (Lk.24:39). The resurrection body has no need of blood as its life because its nature will not be the same. Presently the blood nourishes the cells that are in need of constant repair but food and water to supply nourishment will no longer be needed. No cells will be in need of repair in our glorified bodies so we will no longer need blood. As it states in Revelation we will neither hunger or thirst. We can eat but not from necessity. We will still have our body and its functions but obviously some things will change.

In verses 51-52, Paul then proceeds to tell us a mystery which involves the change that all believers will go through, The corruptible will put on incorruption, and mortality will become immortality. We need to have a complete change to make us suitable for our new environment. This implies a conversion of our same physical bodies to a body with heavenly qualities. Nature does not know extinction but transformation, as science says energy cannot be destroyed but transformed.

Paul states that their dead body is sown and will be resurrected to new life. God has it become a new body ( 1Cor.15:38). The old body puts on (is swallowed up) by the new body it is transformed into something permanent.

The statement characterizes the resurrection body as one completely filled and governed by the Holy Spirit ... Another statement by Paul, that 'flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God' (I Cor. 15:50) is considered to exclude the idea of a resurrection body of flesh. The apostle however, teaches something entirely different. The expression 'flesh and blood' never denotes the substance of the body, but man in his totality as a frail and perishable creature in his untransformed state (Mt.16:17; Gal 1:16; Eph. 6:12; Heb 2:14). It has the same meaning in I Corinthians 15:50, shown by the fact that in the parallel clause (v. 50b) the word corruption is used, which obviously denotes the whole man in his corruptibility and not the substance of his body. The entire contest shows that man, as a frail perishable creature, cannot enter God's glorious, eschatological kingdom. He first must be made immortal, powerful, and glorious. There is no denial of a resurrection in a body of flesh.” (J. A. Schep in Zondervan Pictorial Bible Encyclopedia Vol. V, p. 74).

There will be many flesh and blood people living in the millennial kingdom that will not be regenerated, so it is obvious that this phrase does not mean what Jehovah's Witnesses make it to be. Christ told Nicodemus in Jn.3:3 except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (nor enter the kingdom). The emphasis is on a spiritual rebirth that can only come from God himself, the Holy Spirit.

2 Cor. 5:1-5: “For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.” Notice it states the new body our housing is in heaven and from heaven. Why? Because we are changed, made to adjust to a new location. Mankind was made a different species than the angels as far as having a physical covering. God’s purpose is to give us a permanent body to live in. We were made as human creatures to live in a body eternally. We are not just spirit, nor are we animals.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 11:36am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=dd12345 post=29928518][/quote]
The Following is a list of some of these changes to take place:

I Cor. 15:50-58: Corruption is changed to incorruptibility in reference to these bodies that turn to dust at death. Mortality will put on immortality referring to those still living who are subject to death. Vs.43 Dishonor will be raised in glory. This is referring to being free from aging, scars, and traces of sin. From weakness to power refers to the effects of age , loss of strength and vitality, to a body not subject to these mortal limitations.

I Thess. 4:15-17: There will be a change of nature of the body and it will have full possession of eternal life.

Jude 24: We will be presented faultless (no flaws) before His glorious presence.

Eph.5:27: We will all be holy with no blemishes or defects.

Col.1:22: We will be holy and blameless. Free from guilt and shame.

Rom.8:21: We will no longer be subject to sin and the sinful nature that corrupts.

Rom. 8:29-30: Our body will be conformed to the image of the resurrected Jesus. Our sanctification process will be complete.

Phil 3:21: “who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Rom.8:18: We will be glorified. We now have suffering, but in the end we will have glory.

I Jn.3:2: “When He is revealed to us in His glory, we will become like Him and see Him for who He is.” Our bodies will be similar to His resurrected body (not exactly like His but with many similarities).
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 11:47am On Jan 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah a guy without an earthly father is a man?.... lmao in greek mythology they are called demi-gods... human mother, spirit father (gods)....example perseus and hercules. . . am still wondering how y'all still say jesus was a man when y'all also said he aint gat no earthly father... Damn, dude's a demi-god mehn grin
@johnydon22
Jesus is not demi-god...NO...Jesus is fully man and fully God...the two nature are not to be fused together but separate unit in him alone...each nature are to fulfil different purposes as seen in the write up..
the human nature is show man how he can walk with God overcoming all the infirmities in man unto perfection...heb 4:16 says For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our
infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.Because of His human nature,He was able to die for our sin.

THE GOD NATURE is for him to die for man SIN...BECAUSE ONLY GOD CAN DIE FOR MAN'S SIN...no man no matter how righteous can die for man...cause man didnt sin against man but God and if God must 4give man, God must suffer the consequence himself...is like this..assuming u are owning me N500. 4 me to 4give you, i must bear the loss of the N500 not another man bearing it for me.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kei144:

You are not aware how much harm the trinity doctrine woven by Romans has done to Christianity. Trinity is one of the reasons why Jews believe that Jesus is a false messiah, and hence that Christianity is fake. Unfortunately, the Jews do not know that trinity is an invention of Romans and was never taught by Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism's_view_of_Jesus
@Kei144
firstly, i want you to get this right, every content in the bible @ least kjv and others are written by the inspiration of God thru men...every bit of it, words, punctuation, dots, order of arrangement genesis to are according to how God want it. no confusion in every of the scriptures if you dont read with carnal mind...

on the issue of trinity...that is how God want it to be...3 in 1...GOD in 3 PERSONS, GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT...they are 3 different entity in one. 3 in 1 GOD...THE BEST WAY I CAN EXPLAIN TRINITY IS by using water in the 3 states...GAS, LIQUID AND SOLID STATE...in different form but the same substance(WATER)...other illustrations are TIME..3 in 1...PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE....its still time but diff. form...anther illustration is space...3 in 1..length, height and depth...but still space...
the Godhead...i mean GOD in three persons...have been existing like that before the earth was even created...see Gen 1v1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was
without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the
Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be
light: and there was light. GOD THE FATHER CREATED THE EARTH AND HEAVEN THRU THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD(GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT) MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS.
other scriptures to back this concept of trinity are:I and the Father are one’ (John 10:30)?"
In John 10 Jesus presents Himself as the Good Shepherd and, in a debate with the Jewish leaders, makes the claim, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). It was a bold statement—one His audience found quite audacious—and it reveals much about who Jesus is.Jesus claimed to be one with God in the sense of being equal to Him. Jesus did not claim to be merely a messenger or prophet of God, but of equal power with God.
john 17:20-21 says I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by CANTICLES: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
@ dd12345

U gave me two scripture WHERE flesh and blood are used,

Matt 16:13-17 " because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my father in heavens did " !!! Here Jesus said " flesh and blood" the nature of man didnt reveal it to peter, it means Peter didnt know it from his "human nature" !

Gal 1:16 " I did not imediately consult with any flesh and blood" !! In this context , Paul said he didnt immediately consult with any "human being" and stressed it further that neither did he go to the apostles in Jerusalem.

From this 2 context , its clear that " flesh and blood" refer to a typical human or human nature. And it only exist on planet earth .... When Angels came to earth, they put on the human nature of flesh and blood! But ONCE THEY FINISH THE ASSIGNMENT! They dissapear into the heaven's realm where they posses a " spiritual body"1cor 15:44 .. None of those livin in heaven have a physical body.

NOTE:

" there are HEAVENLY BODIES and earthly bodies ... But they ar different' 1cor 15:44
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnydon22(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:

@johnydon22
Jesus is not demi-god...NO...Jesus is fully man and fully God...the two nature are not to be fused together but separate unit in him alone...each nature are to fulfil different purposes as seen in the write up..
the human nature is show man how he can walk with God overcoming all the infirmities in man unto perfection...heb 4:16 says For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our
infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.Because of His human nature,He was able to die for our sin.

THE GOD NATURE is for him to die for man SIN...BECAUSE ONLY GOD CAN DIE FOR MAN'S SIN...no man no matter how righteous can die for man...cause man didnt sin against man but God and if God must 4give man, God must suffer the consequence himself...is like this..assuming u are owning me N500. 4 me to 4give you, i must bear the loss of the N500 not another man bearing it for me.
lolzzz... you know i have stopped arguing in nairaland i just ask questions these days... so here goes the question... HUMAN MOTHER +SPIRIT FATHER = ?? (human child, spirit child or both)
Sounds like greek myth tho... human mother and spirit father!! prrrrrrrrrrrrf grin
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzzz... you know i have stopped arguing in nairaland i just ask questions these days... so here goes the question... HUMAN MOTHER +SPIRIT FATHER = ?? (human child, spirit child or both)
Sounds like greek myth tho... human mother and spirit father!! prrrrrrrrrrrrf grin
i will answer you from your queston...HUMAN MOTHER +SPIRIT FATHER = human child, spirit child
the human child is the HUMAN NATURE while the spirit child is the GOD NATURE. undastand it this way, for God to save many, He need 2 nature in one person, THE GOD NATURE...GOD...to die for MAN...and HUMAN NATURE...MAN...to show how man with his infirmities can walk with God and reach perfection since the first MAN...ADAM...has failed...dont forget...how was adam and eve made...where is the father and mother or what do you call that one...
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
CANTICLES:
@ dd12345

U gave me two scripture WHERE flesh and blood are used,

Matt 16:13-17 " because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my father in heavens did " !!! Here Jesus said " flesh and blood" the nature of man didnt reveal it to peter, it means Peter didnt know it from his "human nature" !

Gal 1:16 " I did not imediately consult with any flesh and blood" !! In this context , Paul said he didnt immediately consult with any "human being" and stressed it further that neither did he go to the apostles in Jerusalem.

From this 2 context , its clear that " flesh and blood" refer to a typical human or human nature. And it only exist on planet earth .... When Angels came to earth, they put on the human nature of flesh and blood! But ONCE THEY FINISH THE ASSIGNMENT! They dissapear into the heaven's realm where they posses a " spiritual body"1cor 15:44 .. None of those livin in heaven have a physical body.

NOTE:

" there are HEAVENLY BODIES and earthly bodies ... But they ar different' 1cor 15:44

@CANTICLES in the scripture you quoted, Jesus answered peter and said flesh and blood did not reveal it to him(ie human nature, human mind,human being) but my father which is in heaven..or the holy spirit...
I WANT TO ASK YOU A QUESTION...HOPE YOU BELIEVE IN THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT...cos all my telling you now,im saying from inspiration from the holy spirit...the right verse to quote...in the right order
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by CANTICLES: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:

@CANTICLES in the scripture you quoted, Jesus answered peter and said flesh and blood did not reveal it to him(ie human nature, human mind,human being) but my father which is in heaven..or the holy spirit...
I WANT TO ASK YOU A QUESTION...HOPE YOU BELIEVE IN THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT...cos all my telling you now,im saying from inspiration from the holy spirit...the right verse to quote...in the right order

Ur point with this ?

Friend , throw away those fabrication and lies of religion . .... A body of human which have flesh, blood, kidneys, vein, anus, heart, lungs, tongue, teeth CANT DWELL IN HEAVEN!

" there are heavenly bodies (that dwells in heaven) and earthly bodies (that dwells on earth,] .... They ar DIFFERENT" 1 COR 15:40
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:

@CANTICLES and concerning heavenly and earthly bodies, you said yourself, heavenly bodies, meaning the beings in heaven have bodies...not just spirit...HOW YOU BELIEVE ALSO THAT MAN HAS SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY...man is a spirit , he has a soul and lives in a body...canticle's body is what allows him to relate with the physical component of the plane earth, eat,walk, hear with ur ear,see with the eyes....etc.the body is just our earthly suit which allows us to live in this earth...once this body falls, we cant relate again with this plane earth...and our soul moves into another realm of existence...we say the person is gone...bab has passed away eventhou the body is lying down beside us...meaning the physical body is not the real man...we say my the soul rest in peace...SO DEATH IS NOT THE END OF LIFE IN ITSELF BUT TRANSITION INTO ANOTHER REALM...just like an astronaut, for him to relate or live in the moon, he must have another body...spacesuit for him to live in the moon..thats the same way with the earth and heaven...for you to live in heaven you must have a body that can survive in heaven, not this vile,corruptible body but a transformed, glorious, incorruptible, immmortal body to live in heaven and that is the essence of ressurrection or transformed body during rapture.in phil 3v20-21 says 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnydon22(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:

i will answer you from your queston...HUMAN MOTHER +SPIRIT FATHER = human child, spirit child
the human child is the HUMAN NATURE while the spirit child is the GOD NATURE. undastand it this way, for God to save many, He need 2 nature in one person, THE GOD NATURE...GOD...to die for MAN...and HUMAN NATURE...MAN...to show how man with his infirmities can walk with God and reach perfection since the first MAN...ADAM...has failed...dont forget...how was adam and eve made...where is the father and mother or what do you call that one...

sir Do you believe the stories of perseus and hercules? they were fathered by the God zeus and their mothers were humans?
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
johnydon22:

sir Do you believe the stories of perseus and hercules? they were fathered by the God zeus and their mothers were humans?

THAT IS greek myth...dont think is true...
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnydon22(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:

THAT IS greek myth...dont think is true...
Lmao... so buh a similar story (story of jesus) is not myth too?.... hahahahahaha please how did you get to know the myth from the real one? grin
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by alolatee(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
dd12345:
Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the savior, God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. In other words, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God, and was with God, and was made flesh (John 1:1,14). This means that in the single person of Jesus he has both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh (John 1:1,14). Instead, the Word was joined with humanity (Col. 2:9). Jesus' divine nature was not altered. Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him," nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity. "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3). Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together" (Eutychianism), nor are they combined into a new God-man nature (Monophysitism). They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
The following chart should help you see the two natures of Jesus "in action":
GOD MAN
He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33)
He worshiped the Father (John 17)
He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:cool
He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)

He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)
He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)

He is prayed to (Acts 7:59)
He prayed to the Father (John 17)
He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)
He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)

He knows all things (John 21:17)
He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)

He gives eternal life (John 10:28)
He died (Rom. 5:cool

All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)
He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)

The Communicatio Idiomatum
A doctrine that is related to the Hypostatic Union is the communicatio idiomatum (Latin for "communication of properties"wink. This is the teaching that the attributes of both the divine and human natures are ascribed to the one person of Jesus. This means that the man Jesus could lay claim to the glory He had with the Father before the world was made (John 17:5), claim that He descended from heaven (John 3:13), and also claim omnipresence (Matt. 28:20). All of these are divine qualities that are laid claim to by Jesus; therefore, the attributes of the divine properties were claimed by the person of Jesus.
One of the most common errors that non-Christian cults make is not understanding the two natures of Christ. For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses focus on Jesus' humanity and ignore His divinity. They repeatedly quote verses dealing with Jesus as a man and try to set them against Scripture showing that Jesus is also divine. On the other hand, the Christian Scientists do the reverse. They focus on the Scriptures showing Jesus' divinity to the extent of denying His true humanity.
For a proper understanding of Jesus and, therefore, all other doctrines that relate to Him, His two natures must be properly understood and defined. Jesus is one person with two natures. This is why He would grow in wisdom and stature (Luke 2:52) yet know all things (John 21:17). He is the Divine Word that became flesh (John 1:1,14).
The Bible is about Jesus (John 5:39). The prophets prophesied about Him (Acts 10:43). The Father bore witness of Him (John 5:37; 8:18). The Holy Spirit bore witness of Him (John 15:26). The works Jesus did bore witness of Him (John 5:36; 10:25). The multitudes bore witness of Him (John 12:17). And, Jesus bore witness of Himself (John 14:6; 18:6).
Other verses to consider when examining His deity are John 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:6-8; and 2 Pet. 1:1.
1 Tim. 2:5 says, "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Right now, there is a MAN in heaven on the throne of God. He is our advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1). He is our Savior (Titus 2:13). He is our Lord (Rom. 10:9-10). He is Jesus.

@OP though i did not read through but the Topic has finished it all what u had in mind.This is the nature of our saviour.This post should serve as a truth to an earlier post which depicts Jesus as a man and not God.That other post was countering the fact that Jesus is not God with no scriptural proof and full of error...This makes me glad i would say.well done sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnw74: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2015
CANTICLES:
relax, its not one its THREE GODS

That's your belief.

CANTICLES:
U said Jesus is God, so why deny Mary as the mother of God ?? Ar u confused ?

You sure are.

CANTICLES:
OK... 1st person and God

2nd person and God

3rd Person And God

CONGRAT ! YOU HAVE JUST PROVED IT THAT YOUR CHRISTIANITY WORSHIP 3 GODS !

No, one God, three persons, even as you said just there.

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnw74: 4:23am On Jan 20, 2015
Is the Trinity pagan? The pagan religions had what we call trinities however on closer examination they are not the same in concept or substance. In the same way we would not agree with all the other religions that have a strict monotheistic view of God to be embraced as the same God of the Bible. (Islam, Bahai) The pagan concept was encapsulated with a Father, Mother, giving birth to a Son. They were three major Gods with many minor god's as well. Their trinity was comprised of three Gods not one. The Greek triad of Zeus, Athena, and Apollo, the Hindu triad of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva the Egyptian triad of Isis, Horus, and Sub bear no resemblance to the Biblical Trinity. They were all separate not united as the one God and almost unanimously had a mother involved as in a heavenly family. This was really tritheism, which has more in common with Mormonism than a triune God. Anti Trinitarians make usage of the statues with three heads and saying that is our pagan God. If one is going to discount the Trinity because of some similarities in name only and not in substance. Then maybe they should be looking at their own pagan similarities. One can still be in idolatry, if their one God is not the God of the Bible.

http://www.letusreason.org/Trin8.htm

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by CANTICLES: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2015
johnw74:

That's your belief.

You sure are.

No, one God, three persons, even as you said just there.

Y'all confused ..... Ur doctrine says Jesus is a God DIFFERENT From God the father DIFFERENT From holyspirit ! 3 persons and each are God !

1st persoN = God 1

2ND Person = God 2

3rd person = God 3

Unless u wanna tell us that Jesus is the Father ...... Which Is 100% Wrong
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by CANTICLES: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2015
COMPARE THIS TWO STATEMENTS:

Catholics and protestants Say : " for us there is one God, the trinity"

Apostles : " for us there is one God, the Father" 1cor 8:5,6
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by dd12345: 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
[quote author=CANtilles
you know what makes christianity unique is that the author of the bible is alive...JESUS...you can always ask me if there is somthin u dont undastand in the scripture and i can confidently tell you He will answer you when you asked with a sincere heart.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
[quote author=dd12345 post=29929394]
@Kei144
firstly, i want you to get this right, every content in the bible @ least kjv and others are written by the inspiration of God thru men...every bit of it, words, punctuation, dots, order of arrangement genesis to are according to how God want it. no confusion in every of the scriptures if you dont read with carnal mind...

on the issue of trinity...that is how God want it to be...3 in 1...GOD in 3 PERSONS, GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT...they are 3 different entity in one. 3 in 1 GOD...THE BEST WAY I CAN EXPLAIN TRINITY IS by using water in the 3 states...GAS, LIQUID AND SOLID STATE...in different form but the same substance(WATER)...other illustrations are TIME..3 in 1...PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE....its still time but diff. form...anther illustration is space...3 in 1..length, height and depth...but still space...
the Godhead...i mean GOD in three persons...have been existing like that before the earth was even created...see Gen 1v1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was
without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the
Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be
light: and there was light. GOD THE FATHER CREATED THE EARTH AND HEAVEN THRU THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD(GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT) MOVED UPON THE FACE OF THE WATERS.
other scriptures to back this concept of trinity are:I and the Father are one’ (John 10:30)?"
In John 10 Jesus presents Himself as the Good Shepherd and, in a debate with the Jewish leaders, makes the claim, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). It was a bold statement—one His audience found quite audacious—and it reveals much about who Jesus is.Jesus claimed to be one with God in the sense of being equal to Him. Jesus did not claim to be merely a messenger or prophet of God, but of equal power with God.
john 17:20-21 says I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;

[/quote

The word ''Trinity'' was first used at about A.D. 180 by Bishop Theophilus,in his letter to a friend Autolykos refreere to the three persons in one God by using the word ''trinitas''.

However,the Trinity as a theological concept was first clearly defined by the Carthaginian writer Tertullian in A.D. 195. Although the term ''Trinity'' is not in the Bible concept of three persons in one God is clearly implied in the writings of both saints, Paul and John.
''God made this universe by His word,reason and power. Your philosophers also agree that the maker of the universe seems to be Logos that is, word and reason...(for example,Zeno and Cleanthes).. We also claim that the word,reason and virtue, by which we have said that God made all things, have spirit as their substance...This word, we have learnt was produced from God, and was generated by being produced, and therefore is called the Son of God, and God, from unity of substance with God. For God too is Spirit. When a ray is projected from the sun it is a portion of the whole sun; but the sun will be in the ray because it is a ray of the sun; the substance is not seperated but extended. So from spirit comes spirit, and God from God, as light is kindled from light... This ray of God glided down into a virgin, in her womb was fashioned as flesh, is born as man mixed with God. the flesh was built up by the Spirit, was nourished, grew up, spoke, taught, worked, and was Christ.''
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Is Jesus God?
Have you ever met a man who is the centre of attention wherever he goes? Some mysterious, indefinable characteristic sets him apart from all other men. Well, that’s the way it was two thousand years ago with Jesus Christ. But it wasn’t merely Jesus’ personality that captivated those who heard him. Those who witnessed his words and life tell us that something about Jesus of Nazareth was different from all other men.

Jesus’ only credentials were himself. He never wrote a book, commanded an army, held a political office, or owned property. He mostly travelled within a hundred miles of his village, attracting crowds who were amazed at his provocative words and stunning deeds.

Yet Jesus’ greatness was obvious to all those who saw and heard him. And while most great people eventually fade into history books, Jesus is still the focus of thousands of books and unparalleled media controversy. And much of that controversy revolves around the radical claims Jesus made about himself---claims that astounded both his followers and his adversaries.

It was primarily Jesus’ unique claims that caused him to be viewed as a threat by both the Roman authorities and the Jewish hierarchy. Although he was an outsider with no credentials or political powerbase, within three years, Jesus changed the world for the next 20 centuries. Other moral and religious leaders have left an impact---but nothing like that unknown carpenter’s son from Nazareth.

What was it about Jesus Christ that made the difference? Was he merely a great man, or something more?
These questions get to the heart of who Jesus really was. Some believe he was merely a great moral teacher; others believe he was simply the leader of the world’s greatest religion. But many believe something far more. Christians believe that God has actually visited us in human form. And they believe the evidence backs that up.

After carefully examining Jesus’ life and words, former Cambridge professor and sceptic, C. S. Lewis, came to a startling conclusion about him that altered the course of his life. So who is the real Jesus? Many will answer that Jesus was a great moral teacher. As we take a deeper look at the world’s most controversial person, we begin by asking: could Jesus have been merely a great moral teacher
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
Great Moral Teacher?
Even those from other religions acknowledge that Jesus was a great moral teacher. Indian leader, Mahatma Gandhi, spoke highly of Jesus’ righteous life and profound words. Likewise, Jewish scholar Joseph Klausner wrote, “It is universally admitted … that Christ taught the purest and sublimes ethics … which throws the moral precepts and maxims of the wisest men of antiquity far into the shade.

Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount has been called the most superlative teaching of human ethics ever uttered by an individual. In fact, much of what we know today as “equal rights” actually is the result of Jesus’ teaching. Historian Will Durant, a non-Christian, said of Jesus that “he lived and struggled unremittingly for ‘equal rights’; in modern times he would have been sent to Siberia. ‘He that is greatest among you, let him be your servant’—this is the inversion of all political wisdom, of all sanity.

Many, like Gandhi, have tried to separate Jesus’ teaching on ethics from his claims about himself, believing that he was simply a great man who taught lofty moral principles. This was the approach of one of America’s Founding Fathers, President Thomas Jefferson, who cut and pasted a copy of the New Testament, removing sections he thought referred to Jesus’ deity, while leaving in other passages regarding Jesus’ ethical and moral teaching.

Jefferson carried around his cut and pasted New Testament with him, revering Jesus as perhaps the greatest moral teacher of all time.
In fact, Jefferson’s memorable words in the Declaration of Independence were rooted in Jesus’ teaching that each person is of immense and equal importance to God, regardless of sex, race, or social status. The famous document sets forth, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights …”

But one thing Jefferson didn’t answer: If Jesus falsely claimed to be God he couldn’t have been a good moral teacher. But did Jesus really claim deity? Before we look at what Jesus claimed, we need to examine the possibility that he was simply a great religious leader?
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
Great Religious Leader?

Surprisingly, Jesus never claimed to be a religious leader. He never got into religious politics or pushed an ambitious agenda, and he ministered almost entirely outside the established religious framework.

When one compares Jesus with the other great religious leaders, a remarkable distinction emerges. Ravi Zacharias, who grew up in a Hindu culture, has studied world religions and observed a fundamental distinction between Jesus Christ and the founders of other major religions.

"In all of these, there emerges an instruction, a way of living. It is not Zoroaster to whom you turn; it is Zoroaster to whom you listen. It is not Buddha who delivers you; it is his Noble Truths that instruct you. It is not Mohammad who transforms you; it is the beauty of the Koran that woos you. By contrast, Jesus did not only teach or expound His message. He was identical with His message.

The truth of Zacharias’ point is underscored by the number of times in the Gospels that Jesus’ teaching message was simply “Come to me” or “Follow me” or “Obey me.” Also, Jesus made it clear that his primary mission was to forgive sins, something only God could do.
In The World’s Great Religions, Huston Smith observed, “Only two people ever astounded their contemporaries so much that the question they evoked was not ‘Who is he?’ but ‘What is he?’ They were Jesus and Buddha. The answers these two gave were exactly the opposite. Buddha said unequivocally that he was a mere man, not a god—almost as if he foresaw later attempts to worship him. Jesus, on the other hand, claimed … to be divine.

And that leads us to the question of what Jesus really did claim for himself; specifically, did Jesus claim to be divine? Did Jesus Claim to be God?
So what is it that convinces many scholars that Jesus claimed to be God? Author, John Piper explains that Jesus claimed power which uniquely belonged to God.
“…Jesus’ friends and enemies were staggered again and again by what he said and did. He would be walking down the road, seemingly like any other man, and then turn and say something like, ‘Before Abraham was, I am.’ Or, ‘If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.’ Or, very calmly, after being accused of blasphemy, he would say, ‘The Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.’ To the dead he might simply say, ‘Come forth,’ or, ‘Rise up.’ And they would obey. To the storms on the sea he would say, ‘Be still.’ And to a loaf of bread he would say, ‘Become a thousand meals.’ And it was done immediately.

But what did Jesus really mean by such statements? Is it possible Jesus was merely a prophet like Moses or Elijah, or Daniel? Even a superficial reading of the Gospels reveals that Jesus claimed to be someone more than a prophet. No other prophet had made such claims about himself; in fact, no other prophet ever put himself in God’s place.

Some argue that Jesus never explicitly said, “I am God.” It is true that he never stated the exact words, “I am God.” However, Jesus also never explicitly said, “I am a man,” or “I am a prophet.” Yet Jesus was undoubtedly human, and his followers considered him a prophet like Moses and Elijah. So we cannot rule out Jesus being divine just because he didn’t say those exact words, anymore than we can say he wasn’t a prophet.
In fact, Jesus’ statements about himself contradict the notion that he was simply a great man or a prophet. On more than one occasion, Jesus referred to himself as God’s Son. When asked whether he thought it far-fetched for Jesus to be the Son of God, lead singer of U2, Bono, answered:
“No, it’s not far-fetched to me. Look, the secular response to the Christ story always goes like this: He was a great prophet, obviously a very interesting guy, had a lot to say along the lines of other great prophets, be they Elijah, Muhammad, Buddha, or Confucius. But actually Christ doesn’t allow you that. He doesn’t let you off the hook. Christ says, no. I’m not saying I’m a teacher, don’t call me a teacher. I’m not saying I’m a prophet….I’m saying I’m God incarnate.” And people say: No, no, please, just be a prophet. A prophet we can take.

Before we examine Jesus’ claims, it is important to understand that he made them in the context of the Jewish belief in one God (monotheism). No faithful Jew would ever believe in more than one God. And Jesus believed in the one God, praying to his Father as, “the only true God.
But in that same prayer, Jesus spoke of having always existed with his Father. And when Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father, Jesus said, “Philip, have I been with you so long and you don’t know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.”10 So the question is: “Was Jesus claiming to be the Hebrew God who created the world?
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
Did Jesus Claim to be the God of Abraham & Moses?

Jesus continually referred to himself in ways that confounded his listeners. As Piper notes, Jesus made the audacious statement, “Before Abraham was, I AM.

He told Martha and others around her, “I AM the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he is dead, yet shall he live.
Likewise, Jesus would make statements like, “I AM the light of the world,

“I AM the only way to God,” or, “I AM the “truth.”These and several other of his claims were preceded by the sacred words for God, “I AM” (ego eimi). What did Jesus mean by such statements, and what is the significance or the term, “I AM”?

Once again, we must go back to context. In the Hebrew Scriptures, when Moses asked God His name at the burning bush, God answered, “I AM.” He was revealing to Moses that He is the one and only God who is outside of time and has always existed. Incredibly, Jesus was using these holy words to describe himself. The question is, “Why?”

Since the time of Moses, no practicing Jew would ever refer to himself or anyone else by “I AM.” As a result, Jesus’ “I AM” claims infuriated the Jewish leaders. One time, for example, some leaders explained to Jesus why they were trying to kill him: “Because you, a mere man, have made yourself God.”

Jesus’ usage of God’s name greatly angered the religious leaders. The point is that these Old Testament scholars knew exactly what he was saying—he was claiming to be God, the Creator of the universe. It is only this claim that would have brought the accusation of blasphemy. To read into the text that Jesus claimed to be God is clearly warranted, not simply by his words, but also by their reaction to those words.
C. S. Lewis initially considered Jesus a myth. But this literary genius, who knew myths well, concluded that Jesus had to have been a real person. Furthermore, as Lewis investigated the evidence for Jesus, he became convinced that not only was Jesus real, but he was unlike any man who had ever lived. Lewis writes,

“Then comes the real shock,’ wrote Lewis: ‘Among these Jews there suddenly turns up a man who goes about talking as if He was God. He claims to forgive sins. He says He always existed. He says He is coming to judge the world at the end of time.”
To Lewis, Jesus’ claims were simply too radical and profound to have been made by an ordinary teacher or religious leader.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
What Kind of God?

Some have argued that Jesus was only claiming to be part of God. But the idea that we are all part of God, and that within us is the seed of divinity, is simply not a possible meaning for Jesus’ words and actions. Such thoughts are revisionist, foreign to his teaching, foreign to his stated beliefs, and foreign to his disciples’ understanding of his teaching.

Jesus taught that he is God in the way the Jews understood God and the way the Hebrew Scriptures portrayed God, not in the way the New Age movement understands God. Neither Jesus nor his audience had been weaned on Star Wars, and so when they spoke of God, they were not speaking of cosmic forces. It’s simply bad history to redefine what Jesus meant by the concept of God.
Lewis explains,
Now let us get this clear. Among Pantheists, like the Indians, anyone might say that he was a part of God, or one with God….But this man, since He was a Jew, could not mean that kind of God. God, in their language, meant the Being outside the world, who had made it and was infinitely different from anything else. And when you have grasped that, you will see that what this man said was, quite simply, the most shocking thing that has ever been uttered by human lips.

Certainly there are those who accept Jesus as a great teacher, yet are unwilling to call him God. As a Deist, we’ve seen that Thomas Jefferson had no problem accepting Jesus’ teachings on morals and ethics while denying his deity.

but as we’ve said, and will explore further, if Jesus was not who he claimed to be, then we must examine some other alternatives, none of which would make him a great moral teacher. Lewis, argued, “I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say.”
In his quest for truth, Lewis knew that he could not have it both ways with the identity of Jesus. Either Jesus was who he claimed to be—God in the flesh—or his claims were false. And if they were false, Jesus could not be a great moral teacher. He would either be lying intentionally or he would be a lunatic with a God complex.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Could Jesus Have Been Lying?

Even Jesus’ harshest critics rarely have called him a liar. That label certainly doesn’t fit with Jesus’ high moral and ethical teaching. But if Jesus isn’t who he claimed to be, we must consider the option that he was intentionally misleading everyone.

One of the best-known and most influential political works of all time was written by Niccolò Machiavelli in 1532. In his classic, The Prince, Machiavelli exalts power, success, image, and efficiency above loyalty, faith, and honesty. According to Machiavelli, lying is okay if it accomplishes a political end.

Could Jesus Christ have built his entire ministry upon a lie just to gain power, fame, or success? In fact, the Jewish opponents of Jesus were constantly trying to expose him as a fraud and liar. They would barrage him with questions in attempts to trip him up and make him contradict himself. Yet Jesus responded with remarkable consistency.

The question we must deal with is: What could possibly motivate Jesus to live his entire life as a lie? He taught that God was opposed to lying and hypocrisy, so he wouldn’t have been doing it to please his Father. He certainly didn’t lie for his followers’ benefit, since all but one were martyred rather than renouncing his Lordship.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Could Jesus Have Been Self-Deceived?

Albert Schweitzer, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1952 for his humanitarian efforts, had his own views about Jesus. Schweitzer concluded that insanity was behind Jesus’ claim to be God. In other words, Jesus was wrong about his claims but didn’t intentionally lie. According to this theory, Jesus was deluded into actually believing he was the Messiah.

Lewis considered this option carefully. He deduced that if Jesus’ claims weren’t true, then he must have been insane. Lewis reasons that someone who claimed to be God would not be a great moral teacher. “He would either be a lunatic—on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of Hell.
Most who have studied Jesus’ life and words acknowledge him as extremely rational. Although his own life was filled with immorality and personal scepticism, the renowned French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712–78) acknowledged Jesus’ superior character and presence of mind, stating, “When Plato describes his imaginary righteous man…he describes exactly the character of Christ. …If the life and death of Socrates are those of a philosopher, the life and death of Jesus Christ are those of a God.

Bono concludes that a “nutcase” was the last thing one could label Jesus.
“So what you’re left with is either Christ was who He said He was---or a complete nutcase. I mean, we’re talking nutcase on the level of Charles Manson….I’m not joking here. The idea that the entire course of civilization for over half of the globe could have its fate changed and turned upside down by a nutcase, for me that’s far-fetched….

So, was Jesus a liar or a lunatic, or was he the Son of God? Could Jefferson have been right by labelling Jesus “only a good moral teacher” while denying his deity? Interestingly, the audience who heard Jesus—both believers and enemies—never regarded him as a mere moral teacher. Jesus produced three primary effects in the people who met him[b]: hatred, terror, or adoration.[/b]

The claims of Jesus Christ force us to choose. As Lewis stated, we cannot put Jesus in the category of being just a great religious leader or good moral teacher. This former sceptic challenges us to make up our own minds about Jesus, stating,
"You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.
"

In Mere Christianity, Lewis explores the options regarding the identity of Jesus, concluding that he is exactly who he claimed to be. His careful examination of the life and words of Jesus led this great literary genius to renounce his former atheism and become a committed Christian.
The greatest question in human history is, “Who is the real Jesus Christ?” Bono, Lewis, and countless others have concluded that God visited our planet in human form. But if that is true, then we would expect him to be alive today. And that is exactly what his followers believe.
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Kei144(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jn. 1:18 No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

1Jn. 4:12 No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1Jn. 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

In all of the Old Testament, there is no clear description of God. In the New Testament, Apostle John apparently had the greatest revelation of God. In Jn. 1:18, Apostle John testifies that no-one has ever seen God; and this was written after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. So, even they that were with Jesus Christ throughout the time of his earthly ministry never saw God. However, Jn. 1:18 does indicate that Jesus Christ was at the Father’s side, as at the time when Jn. 1:18 was written. The reality is that until Jesus Christ resurrected to the throne of God, he never saw God physically. Even in 1Jn. 4:12, apostle John once again stated that no-one has ever seen God, and he didn’t write “except Jesus Christ”.

https://www.nairaland.com/2098864/knowledge-god-jesus-christ
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by johnHerba(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
Re: Jesus' Two Natures: God And Man by Eberex(m): 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
Kei144:
Jn. 1:18 No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

1Jn. 4:12 No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1Jn. 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

In all of the Old Testament, there is no clear description of God. In the New Testament, Apostle John apparently had the greatest revelation of God. In Jn. 1:18, Apostle John testifies that no-one has ever seen God; and this was written after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. So, even they that were with Jesus Christ throughout the time of his earthly ministry never saw God. However, Jn. 1:18 does indicate that Jesus Christ was at the Father’s side, as at the time when Jn. 1:18 was written. The reality is that until Jesus Christ resurrected to the throne of God, he never saw God physically. Even in 1Jn. 4:12, apostle John once again stated that no-one has ever seen God, and he didn’t write “except Jesus Christ”.

https://www.nairaland.com/2098864/knowledge-god-jesus-christ

You are just blabbing. Just repeating what you are trying to say all over and over again.

Yet no point was made

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Son Of God(or God) Came To Earth Cant Read Or Write / Christian Brainwashing VS Islam Brainwashing / The Irony Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.