Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,117 members, 7,852,791 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis (1848 Views)

Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by ketekete: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2015

On a plane from Sri Lanka to the Philippines today, the head of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis talked about the recent Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris. While defending freedom of expression saying its a fundamental human right, he also said ‘you cannot insult the faith of others’, which I believe means you cannot abuse prophet of others. Complete post here: http://ketekete.com/prophet-mohammed-not-insulted-pope-francis/
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Redoil: 7:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Rightly said
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2015
ok
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by BokoHaramm: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Prophet Muhammed is a big phool, a stupi a*sshole. Oya come kill me

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by malvisguy212: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2015
Nobody is insulting muhammed, is just that all his deed and command are in the quran.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2015
Muslims will kill me 4 insulting Mohammed but will ignore the Boko-Haram who desecrate the name of their prophet? That's assuming Boko-haram are not christians like they want to have us believe..
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by SalC: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2015
He said "you cannot insult the faith of others" and you take it to mean "you cannot insult the prophet of others" while your thread title reads "Pope Francis said "you cannot insult prophet mohamed"

Do you see how far you are twisting his words? In as much as I believe the pope is right, I want to state that your thread title is greatly flawed. The pope didn't mention Mohammed in particular and you singling him out is simply misconstruing the Pope's words.

Charlie Hebdo as we all know take so much pleasure in insulting peoples' religion not just muslims. Few weeks before the mohammed's cartoon, they also published one of their magazine with cartoons insulting Jesus and Mary, maybe you will also want to know of their ish the Catholic church all along.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-broke-taboos-defying-threats-and-violence.html?_r=0&referrer=

^^^The Catholic church alone has sued Charlie Hebdo 14 times.

So you see, the pope's comment cuts across many religion not just mohammed. And yes he is right, freedom of speech is not a licence for one to insult what the other holds dear. And yet he started by decrying the killing of the cartoonists because though the cartoon may have provoked muslims, it doesn't justify the killing of those guys.

6 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2015
Catholicism and Islam, catholics and muslims, catholic catechist and imams, the catholic priest and the muslim clerics and finally POPE FRANCIS AND PROPHET MOHAMMED, all the above and afore-mentioned religious entities are nothing but heretics and religious Rogues.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by cornelin(m): 8:34am On Jan 16, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Your username and your comment are two contrasting character
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by truthman2012(m): 8:44am On Jan 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
Nobody is insulting muhammed, is just that all his deed and command are in the quran.

Don't mind them.

What is insult?

If Muhammad did something and is on record, is it an insult to say what he did?

Why did he do what should not be said in public?

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by PastorKun(m): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2015
truthman2012:

Don't mind them.

What is insult?

It's really funny that muslims are ashamed of a lot of past deeds of their prophet, yet they still accept him despite his numerous flaws and short comings.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by malvisguy212: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2015
truthman2012:

Don't mind them.

What is insult?

somebody marry his adopted Son wife,had sex slaves and committed murder, and when you began to list it, they say you are insulting muhammed.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by truthman2012(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2015
PastorKun:

It's really funny that muslims are ashamed of a lot of past deeds of their prophet, yet they still accept him despite his numerous flaws and short comings.

The muslims are in satanic bondage. I heard of Sat Guru Maharaji who when slaughtering some of his members the others are jealous of them, in the belief that the slaughtered are their god's favourates.

It is all about brainwashing.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Rilwon: 11:18am On Jan 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
[s] Catholicism and Islam, catholics and muslims, catholic catechist and imams, the catholic priest and the muslim clerics and finally POPE FRANCIS AND PROPHET MOHAMMED, all the above and afore-mentioned religious entities are nothing but heretics and religious Rogues. [/s]

Trash undecided
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Anas09: 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Just try wrapping this around your mind. A man who claims he talks and hears from God, and for that u regard him highly. He visits ur home and sees ur six years duaghter playing in the courtyard, he goes, o what a love lttle girl u have here. The next day he comes to ur house and tells u, he wants to marry ur six years old. For fear or respect, u accepts. He marries her, takes her home and puts her together with his little children at home, just wen she turns nine, the granpa takes the child, ur nine yr old into his bed and deflowers her. In a clear language, had sex with her. OMG. Nine yrs. Not even up to the age of puberty. Is that degeneration or perversion? Wen u say it, they say its an insult. Go and sit down.

3 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by true2god: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2015
Anas09:
Just try wrapping this around your mind. A man who claims he talks and hears from God, and for that u regard him highly. He visits ur home and sees ur six years duaghter playing in the courtyard, he goes, o what a love lttle girl u have here. The next day he comes to ur house and tells u, he wants to marry ur six years old. For fear or respect, u accepts. He marries her, takes her home and puts her together with his little children at home, just wen she turns nine, the granpa takes the child, ur nine yr old into his bed and deflowers her. In a clear language, had sex with her. OMG. Nine yrs. Not even up to the age of puberty. Is that degeneration or perversion? Wen u say it, they say its an insult. Go and sit down.
Thats called Islamic logic.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
PastorKun:

In your dreams...

Muslims love him more than their fathers or mothers. All these calumnies you guys post, only serve to help us seek to learn more about the greatness of the prophet (saw). In fact, I have been buying up more books on Islamic history since I joined NL and what I have learnt about his life makes me love him more. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by onetrack(m): 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Abuamam:

In your dreams...

Muslims love him more than their fathers or mothers. All these calumnies you guys post, only serve to help us seek to learn more about the greatness of the prophet (saw). In fact, I have been buying up more books on Islamic history since I joined NL and what I have learnt about his life makes me love him more. Thank you.

I've also read a lot about Muhammad and it makes me wonder why anyone would regard him as a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
onetrack:

I've also read a lot about Muhammad and it makes me wonder why anyone would regard him as a prophet.

Happens when you rely on anti Islam websites. Those guys have a vested interest in keeping the tithes coming in.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by PastorKun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
Abuamam:

Happens when you rely on anti Islam websites. Those guys have a vested interest in keeping the tithes coming in.

But even when you read the quoran and the authentic hadiths, what we read there convinces any reasonable person that as not been brainwashed from birth that your "prophet" can not possibly be from the true God. It really beats my imagination how the human mind can be conditioned to accept such glaring evil as good.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
PastorKun:

But even when you read the quoran and the authentic hadiths, what we read there convinces any reasonable person that as not been brainwashed from birth that your "prophet" can not possibly be from the true God. It really beats my imagination how the human mind can be conditioned to accept such glaring evil as good.

Lol. It is you guys that are brainwashed to think evil of the prophet (saw), though you have no difficulty accepting the horrific stories in the OT as being truthful accounts of your own prophets.
BTW, I was not 'brainwashed' from birth. I am a convert.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by An2elect2(f): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
That old man you people call pope is nothing but an ecumenist and knows nothing of the cross of Christ.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by true2god: 3:53am On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
somebody marry his adopted Son wife,had sex slaves and committed murder, and when you began to list it, they say you are insulting muhammed.
It is like you have forgotten that he (mohammed) slept with a nine year old little aisha when he was 54. It is like you have forgotten that he asked all muslims to marry 4 wives only while he took more than 9 wives. It is like you dont knw that mohammed discouraged fatimah's (his only daughter) husband from taking another wife so that fatimah wont be emotionally hurt, while he hurt other pple's daughter' emotions by taking multiple wives and sex slaves.

This is muslims' perfect man that we 'infidels' must not discus his bad deeds.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by joseph1832(m): 8:02am On Jan 18, 2015
BokoHaramm:
It is easy to say such on a faceless forum where nobody know who you are and where you live.

Continue in your recklessness it may bring you fortune.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by joseph1832(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2015
SalC:
He said "you cannot insult the faith of others" and you take it to mean "you cannot insult the prophet of others" while your thread title reads "Pope Francis said "you cannot insult prophet mohamed"

Do you see how far you are twisting his words? In as much as I believe the pope is right, I want to state that your thread title is greatly flawed. The pope didn't mention Mohammed in particular and you singling him out is simply misconstruing the Pope's words.

Charlie Hebdo as we all know take so much pleasure in insulting peoples' religion not just muslims. Few weeks before the mohammed's cartoon, they also published one of their magazine with cartoons insulting Jesus and Mary, maybe you will also want to know of their ish the Catholic church all along.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-broke-taboos-defying-threats-and-violence.html?_r=0&referrer=

^^^The Catholic church alone has sued Charlie Hebdo 14 times.

So you see, the pope's comment cuts across many religion not just mohammed. And yes he is right, freedom of speech is not a licence for one to insult what the other holds dear. And yet he started by decrying the killing of the cartoonists because though the cartoon may have provoked muslims, it doesn't justify the killing of those guys.
This is what am saying, so Charlie Hebdo regal in the euphoria of insulting religion. They're insulted christianity, did the christians engage them on a killing spree? NO!!!.

When it came to Islam, mayhem ensue, I must say the way this moslems react to their religion is gut wrenching annoying.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by SalC: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2015
joseph1832:
This is what am saying, so Charlie Hebdo regal in the euphoria of insulting religion. They're insulted christianity, did the christians engage them on a killing spree? NO!!!.

When it came to Islam, mayhem ensue, I must say the way this moslems react to their religion is gut wrenching annoying.
When it comes to radicalism, islam and muslims has the upper hand. No Christian will kill another person for insulting his religion, though such insult maybe hurtful. But you can't say same for muslims.
Re: Prophet Mohammed Should Not Be Insulted – Pope Francis by joseph1832(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2015
SalC:
When it comes to radicalism, islam and muslims has the upper hand. No Christian will kill another person for insulting his religion, though such insult maybe hurtful. But you can't say same for muslims.
All the more reason why one has to question their "Islam is a religion of peace" mantra.

With the way they go ahead and to kill and maim, especially the innocents calls for deep concern. The people who even insults the religion and their prophets will be lounging and enjoying themselves while the muslims go ahead and kill innocents... The happenings in Niger Rep is a clear case, and that of many occasions.

(1) (Reply)

Any Muslim that does not Believe in Jesus is not a Muslim! / "TB Joshua Is Nigeria's Greatest Tourist Attraction" - This Day / 1111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.