Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem (9066 Views)

Accord 2007 V6, Stiff Steering. / Advice On Toyota Camry 2007 V6 / Golf 4 Automatic Transmission Problem Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Desmied(m): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2016
@Kashif

Toyota Rav4 2007 V6,

I want to change engine oil and oil filter.

1. Which engine oil and oil filter will you recommend best for this vehicle.
2. How much is the price here in Lagos.

I need the answer from your experience since you are using the same vehicle.

Thanks
Desmied.
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2016
Desmied:
@Kashif

Toyota Rav4 2007 V6,

Thanks
Desmied.

OEM toyota 3500-4000
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2016
Desmied:
@Kashif

Toyota Rav4 2007 V6,

Thanks
Desmied.

I have been using Pertamina Fastron synthetic since I got the vehicle. Cheaper than most synthetics, and does an excellent job.

The gold is overkill. The normal one with greenish label is it. Think I got it for 6k at my last service. The filter is an easy find for 1k.
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Desmied(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kashif:

I have been using Pertamina Fastron synthetic since I got the vehicle. Cheaper than most synthetics, and does an excellent job.

The gold is overkill. The normal one with greenish label is it. Think I got it for 6k at my last service. The filter is an easy find for 1k.

Thank you so much and happy weekend...

OEM toyota 3500-4000....You mean the filter

How long does the oil last before you change another oil and filter (Changing interval)

I do not use my vehicle heavily, mostly 2 to 3 months in a year then I will travel out, based on what I read from 2007 TOYOTA RAV4 V6 "Toyota Engine Oil Chart".....The Toyota recommended engine oil and considering Nigeria weather: is 5W-30, it doesn't matter if it is conventional/synthetic blend/semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

Your recommended oil is 10W-40 which is also not bad, But I will like to compare the prices of Mobile 1 - 5W-30 and Pertamina Fastron GOLD 5W-30. (My budget for the 4 liters of Oil and Filter is N10,000, if it exceeds that amount then I will go for your recommended oil)

>>>Can you tell me the price of the Pertamina Fastron GOLD 5W-30

My little fear is, if a 20W-50 conventional engine oil has been used previously on the vehicle before I got it, then I don't know if I change to 5W-30 it will cause oil leakage in the vehicle.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING:
I wanted to change the GEAR OIL but I am a bit worried because of your experience so it won't result to gear problems, what is your advice about changing gear oil

Thanks.
Desmied

Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Desmied:

Thank you so much and happy weekend...

OEM toyota 3500-4000....You mean the filter

How long does the oil last before you change another oil and filter (Changing interval)

I do not use my vehicle heavily, mostly 2 to 3 months in a year then I will travel out, based on what I read from 2007 TOYOTA RAV4 V6 "Toyota Engine Oil Chart".....The Toyota recommended engine oil and considering Nigeria weather: is 5W-30, it doesn't matter if it is conventional/synthetic blend/semi synthetic or fully synthetic.

Your recommended oil is 10W-40 which is also not bad, But I will like to compare the prices of Mobile 1 - 5W-30 and Pertamina Fastron GOLD 5W-30. (My budget for the 4 liters of Oil and Filter is N10,000, if it exceeds that amount then I will go for your recommended oil)

>>>Can you tell me the price of the Pertamina Fastron GOLD 5W-30

My little fear is, if a 20W-50 conventional engine oil has been used previously on the vehicle before I got it, then I don't know if I change to 5W-30 it will cause oil leakage in the vehicle.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING:
I wanted to change the GEAR OIL but I am a bit worried because of your experience so it won't result to gear problems, what is your advice about changing gear oil

Thanks.
Desmied

It was Gazzuzz that mentioned Toyota's OEM. The Fastron I use is 5W 30. When my vehicle was due for first service with me, I could not find the recommended weight so, I researched and got this one. Initially used gold, but decided it was on overkill.

Go ahead and change your ATF. Make sure they drop the sump, and replace the filter.

I change my oil after 5000 miles (the ECU will remind you). I went for synthetic because by the time you get to 5000, your engine has done more than that in Lagos traffic.
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Desmied(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Kashif:

It was Gazzuzz that mentioned Toyota's OEM. The Fastron I use is 5W 30. When my vehicle was due for first service with me, I could not find the recommended weight so, I researched and got this one. Initially used gold, but decided it was on overkill.

Go ahead and change your ATF. Make sure they drop the sump, and replace the filter.

I change my oil after 5000 miles (the ECU will remind you). I went for synthetic because by the time you get to 5000, your engine has done more than that in Lagos traffic.

@Kashif
From your experience did you notice any difference when you used the Fastron Gold and The Green one?

I don't think it is available everywhere here in Lagos, can you give me the contact of the dealer where you usually purchase them?

Is your RAV4 V6? How many litres for V6 engine?

Thanks
Desmied
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
Desmied:

@Kashif
From your experience did you notice any difference when you used the Fastron Gold and The Green one?

I don't think it is available everywhere here in Lagos, can you give me the contact of the dealer where you usually purchase them?

Is your RAV4 V6? How many litres for V6 engine?

Thanks
Desmied

I did not notice any difference.

I don't have their contact; I only drive down there and buy. I could do you a favour by going there to ask them. They are around my place at Surulere, Lagos.

I drive a V6. The oil comes in a 5litre can. Does not get to the top line on my dipstick, but is okay. Once, I bought the one litre to top off, but it took about half of it.
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by adanny01(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Kashif, you still have not said what type of fluid you used.

When clutches start slipping, best bet is to replace transmission. Its a nigerian thing, rebuilding has no guarantees.

Meanwhile I ask again, what fluid did you use? Visco 2000?

A mechanic in Jos successfully repaired a slipping 2nd gear on a 2008 honda accord. The fibres, a seal and an alluminum ring that was worn was replaced.

It worked like magic. I dont have pics of the replaced parts but i do have the open trans pic.

Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2016
adanny01:

A mechanic in Jos successfully repaired a slipping 2nd gear on a 2008 honda accord. The fibres, a seal and an alluminum ring that was worn was replaced.

It worked like magic. I dont have pics of the replaced parts but i do have the open trans pic.

Auto transmission repair works. If I knew what I now know early last year, I would not have gone through that hell!
Re: Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem by Desmied(m): 9:31am On Jul 29, 2016
Kashif:

I did not notice any difference.

I don't have their contact; I only drive down there and buy. I could do you a favour by going there to ask them. They are around my place at Surulere, Lagos.

I drive a V6. The oil comes in a 5litre can. Does not get to the top line on my dipstick, but is okay. Once, I bought the one litre to top off, but it took about half of it.

Hello bro, I thought you lived in Festac (I guess I read from one of ur previous post) From Egbeda to Surulere will be far therefore I hope to get it from Ladipo.

I will rather go for the Green one as you said there is no noticeable difference. I will also have to buy one extra liter.
Thanks so much, your concern is highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Clearing At Lagos Port / Nigeria Assembles 10,673 Vehicles In One Year / How To Protect Your Car’s Interior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.