Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Christians Confess - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Confess (2521 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Confess by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2006
olabowale to help you some.
The books referred to as apocrypha that was added to the Bible by the Catholic Church were taken out ages ago becaused they were not part of the inspired books that made up the Bibles 66 books.

A similar reason why certain portions of the Koran were abrogated,got it?
The Bible has several tramnslations,NIV,King James,New King James,American Version.
The only difference is the type of English used.

Similar to your Pictthall and the other two Koran English versions.

So before you make allegations,ask questions.
Most Christians prefer King James version which is translated out of the original tongues,has older English terms like thou and thee but can be challenging for kids to understand.

The Bible and teachings of Christ encompass everything from the history of the Arabs,prophecies of the old world empires that came to be,the scattering of the jews and the prophecy of the jews becoming a nation again which came to pass in 1947.
The bible had prophecies in the old testament of the birh,death ,resurrection of Christ and his returning triumphant to rule again with his followers.
This last prophecy I mentioned about Christ's return is even in your Koran and has led many Muslims turn to Christ.

The Bible teaches about how to live,treat others,love marriage,how many wives a man should marry which is one,love between man and wife,divorce,homosexuality.
Name it and the Bible has a sound teaching on it.
Re: Christians Confess by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2006
The bible was written by human inspired by God that sounds more Logical than a quran thrown down by "God" and it is almost an exact replica of the old testament. Is someone not violating copyright laws. Alaba boys
Re: Christians Confess by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2006
dayokanu:

The bible was written by human inspired by God that sounds more Logical than a quran thrown down by "God" and it is almost an exact replica of the old testament. Is someone not violating copyright laws. Alaba boys

I'm glad i'm not the only one raising the issue of copyright here, muslims just keep throwing biblical statements as if they are found in the quran. Imagine Olabowale just quoted "they have eyes they cannot see, ears they cannot hear" and i'm wondering when Mohammed made that statement in his quran!
Re: Christians Confess by dayokanu(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2006
Most of the terrorism related issues is related to Mo hammed so I guess Notorious B.I.G was right by singing
Mo Hammed , Mo Problems I mean Mo Money Mo Problems
Re: Christians Confess by firdaus4us: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2006
You shall come to know latter when you are face with questions in the grave about that Muhammad you belie
Re: Christians Confess by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 12, 2006
firdaus4us:

You shall come to know latter when you are face with questions in the grave about that Muhammad you belie

Hmm,I hope Mo gave his life before the poisoned food got the best of him.
Re: Christians Confess by Backslider(m): 6:25am On Sep 17, 2006
Whosoever that does not receive the gospel of Christ same is an antichrist Period.

Muhamed is a mere man lets FAce Our GOD JESUS.

THE QURAN IS A BOOK OF LIES SAY WHATEVER YOU LIKE FACE ME ON THE BIBLE OR TELL ME JESUS COMMITTED SIN i WILL TALK. THE HOLY GOD JESUS AND A MERE MURDERER SINNER TALE BEARER AND A FRAUD MUHAMED ? CAN NEVER COMPARE THE TWO.
Re: Christians Confess by firdaus4us: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Backslider
Why do u intend to backslide into mischievous deeds?
Jesus is ur God?
The creation of ur God nailed / killed him (ur God) on the cross? Shame!
Point out those lies in the Quran if u are truthful.
They are comparable in so many ways.
All have sins and deprive of the Glory of God
In as much u are born by woman, u are a sinner.
etc

@babyosisi
If u believed that Prophet Muhammad was poisoned, atleast u must believe that Jesus was nailed or killed by people.
Re: Christians Confess by Aggressa(m): 12:37am On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Browneyes/Mukina2/ Firdau4u/Olabowale and other muslims here, grab your Quran and do some research and get information on the following:
(1) The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible (Read Sura 5:47-50, Sura 55:69, Sura 2:53, Sura 10:94-95, Sura 4:82.

(2) The Quran testifies to the miraculous birth of Jesus through a virgin. (Sura 19:20, Sura 19:16-35)
- That Jesus was without sin (Sura 19:19)
-That Jesus performed many miracles including raising people from death. (Surah 3:119, Surah 5:113, Surah 22:73)
-That Jesus ascended into heaven and He is still there. (Surah 4:158) and He is coming back.
-Quran refers ro Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah. (Surah 4:157, 171,172, Surah 9:31, Surah 3:45)
-Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 3:45) and also as Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 58:22.) So is the Word of God and Spirit of God part of Him or a separate entity? . If possible, see Yusuf Alli's translation of the Quran, note 5365, p 1518, it states Jesus is the Very Spirit of God Himself.

(3) The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior (Read Sura 3:45 pleeaaseeeee and come on board fast)

(4) The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life (Surah 22:73) and it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God. From the QURAN!!!!!!

You ladies and gents sound like intelligent folks and I challenge you to read all the portions of the Quran referred to, it has been hidden from you by the imams, mullahs, and sheiks who have been preying on your ignorance but it is now revealed. In the whole of the quran there is not one verse that rejects the Bible as the infallible word of God but as I mentioned earlier it emphasises that you must read and accept it. Many of those who preach in your mosques know this but will rather hide it from you, TODAY has it been revealed, read (if you dare!!! I say) and You WILL NOT BOTHER TO READ THE QURAN AGAIN AFTERWARD but will get a Bible fast. Print this piece out and research. I love you with the love of God.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom.
Re: Christians Confess by firdaus4us: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2006
@Havila
Why did u just cut and paste everywhere? For your information, I have refuted all your proves in the topic that bears your post heading. I will also post  the same here:

@Havila
You are a liar. Why can't you quote the verse in full?

Q3:49. "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

By Allah's leave!

We Muslim accept all the past Books sent down by Allah. We accept all his Prophet, we say nothing bad about them, unlike you christian, only Jesus is good, the rest not holy.

Q2:285.
The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

If u believe that because of the miraculous birth of Jesus then God is his father, what about Adam? Eve?

Better put:
God is the Father and Mother of Adam
God is the Mother of Eve and Adam is her father. Can u reason?

Creation of Jesus?
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Q22:73 "out of topic" Get a copy of Quran and check it.

I am very sure you never read the Quran in your life, why did u qoute from it what u know not? Q5:113 said nothing about giving life to the defunct! Not a mistake, you quoted it two times. Now your refutation below:

[b]Q5:110.
Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'

Q5:111.
"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'".

Q5:112.
Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."

Q5:113.
They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle."

Q5:114.
Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."

Q5:115.
Allah said: "I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples." [/b]

Ponder very well upon the italiced words.

Q5:47-52 didn't tell Muslims read and accept the Bible. You are a liar. Quote the verses if u are truthful!

Infact Q5:71-72 u quoted, makes us to realised that Jesus said you will be in Hell if u call him Allah. Read below the verses:
71. They thought there would be no trial (or punishment); so they became blind and deaf; yet Allah (in mercy) turned to them; yet again many of them became blind and deaf. But Allah sees well all that they do.

72. They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

Q5:69 doen't even support your claim.
Q55:69 u quoted says "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, non of them support your argument.
Infact Q4:82 said "Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy."

Summarily, all the verses (Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, Q5:69, Q55:69, Q5:47-52, Q5:113, Q3:49, Q5:71-72,
I still need your evidence that "The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible"

Jesus ascended into heaven
Yes, he ascended to the heaven by Allah's leave without being crusified contrary to your bible opinion that he was crusified.

Q4:157-159
157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Q4:159 means on the death bed of each and everyone of you, christian, you shall be made to known by the Angel that Jesus son of Maryam was not crucified. It also means, when Jesus comes back to the surface of the earth, all christians alive then, will know that he was neither crucified nor raise from dead during his first life on earth.

Quran refers to Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah.
Q4;171-172, didn't support you

Q4:171. O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Q4:172. Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).

Note the italiced words.
Q9:31 you qouted says nothing about messiah, it is even against u. Read below
"They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)."

Q4:157 has been quoted earlier. Non of the verses(Q4:157, 171,172, Q9:31, Q3:45) you qouted supports your arguments. Are you not then are a liar?.

Do u know what the Arabs called Al-masihu? Continue wallowing in hero, I may tell you later.

Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God
We are all Kalimatullah even you. i.e Allah says be and it will definately be. Do you know the number of SPERMS your father ejaculated during intercourse with your mother? All fertilized the egg? That is Allah's word in operation.

The soul is from Allah, when we die the soul will go back to Him.
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God
Definately yes, Ruhu means soul. Your own soul is from who? From holy demon/ghost?

Alhamdulillahi that you still believe that Jesus is not God.

The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior

Another lie. Read below;
Q3:45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

Qoute the verse and I will explain better to you. I know Allah said that, even in that surah,  but you didn't know the interpretation.

The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life
For certain, nobody! But the verse, Q22:73, you qouted didn't say that.
Q22:73. O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

Surprisingly, you end your qoute with fallacy:
"it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God"

Deductive Reasoning
1)If God can speak and Havila can speak, then God=Havila.
2)If Devil has eyes and Havila has eyes, then Devil=Havila
3)If Nunatics can walk and Havila can walk, then Havila is mad.
Tell me please if you need more.

We have read them and we found out that our imams, mullahs, and sheiks etc are right but YOU ARE A FOOL, DISSEMBLER and we are saved from your WILES.
Re: Christians Confess by Aggressa(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2006
My dear firdau4u
As I said elsewhere, you did not refute anything but only wrote out the surah, I am encouraging you to read and get the implied meaning of the words you quote. I know ordinarily this going to be difficult for you because you've always been encouraged at dogmatic reading and not inspirational reading which entails you as an individual looking for the implied meaning. But that is the only way you can find wisdom, by looking for the implied meanings of the word.
Yes, keep on chasing me, that is what muslim do, always chasing christians and never catching up. So why not become a christian and let some others be chasing you until thay too become converted to the kingdom of God in Christ Jesus. Dont fight against wisdom, my dear!! wink
Re: Christians Confess by Wumine(f): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2006
@firdaus4us what are u trying to prove? i dont think u av a point here really. people write stuff about the quoran too. it really doesnt make sense. i just pray God will open your eyes to the truth and only then will the truth set you free!
Re: Christians Confess by firdaus4us: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2006
@havila
Havila:

My dear firdau4u
As I said elsewhere, you did not refute anything but only wrote out the surah

If you believe I didn't refute you but without doubt those verses themselves refuted you.

Havila:

I am encouraging you to read and get the implied meaning of the words you quote

I read the Quran very well even in languages you don't understand. Please, qoute those verses may be in English and then tell us the implied meaning. Please don't distract us!
If you pass through university, I know, you must have done research. Then, you have to qoute before you infer any authority and your quotation must reflect your inferences.
Please, qoute those verses for us and tell us intrinstically the basis for your inferences.  

Havila:

I know ordinarily this going to be difficult for you because you've always been encouraged at dogmatic reading and not inspirational reading which entails you as an individual looking for the implied meaning.

Opposite! I know it is going to be very difficult for you to qoute the verses and infer those nonsense from any of them. Who created the heaven? God? Why are you dogma about that? Were you there when God created it?
Check sundry meaning of DOGMA in Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1).

Alhamdulillahi, I am saved from your devilish holy ghost/demon interpretations.

Havila:

But that is the only way you can find wisdom, by looking for the implied meanings of the word.

Let put it this way, the inspiration I got from your post through holy spirit were:
1)Your wrote in german
2)Jesus is really angry with you
3)You may die soon

Holy spirit further told me that, for you to be saved from all these misfortune, you have to fast  continuously for complete 25years. Somebody bellow haleluyah there!

Havila:

Yes, keep on chasing me, that is what muslim do

If you don't want to be chased, why then did you pasted the samething everywhere in this forum?

@Wumine
Wumine:

@firdaus4us what are u trying to prove? i don't think u av a point here really. people write stuff about the quoran too. it really doesnt make sense. i just pray God will open your eyes to the truth and only then will the truth set you free!

I proved that all what Havila posted are fallacies of the highest order. Do you read his post at all? I don't believe you justaposed his view with mine.

Even mad man on the street believe his way is the best unless proved otherwise. Let everyperson remain in his/her religion, we shall come to know on that day, who is speaking the truth.[quote][/quote]
Re: Christians Confess by Aggressa(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2006
Firdau4u:
Really, I think I am reading the script of a secondary school student with learning difficulties. There is a total dissociation between your reading, assimilating and presenting your case, too. I have noticed a similar trend when reading the scripts of a number of your fellow muslimis and muslimas. It reflects the indoctrination of fallacy you've been subjected to from early childood in your various madrassas, init??!!!

"Let everyperson remain in his/her religion, we shall come to know on that day, who is speaking the truth.Quote"

This sounds like the thoughts of a brain-fatigued individual who has nothing to say again, however it is not my wish that you remain in idolatory/islam and discover the truth on the day of judgement. It is this reason that I will continue to respond and present new evidence of the mammon called muhammed and allah and pray for the holy spirit to work on your resistance. I will continue to throw the word of the living God at you until it breaks you!!!
Re: Christians Confess by 4getme1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2006
@firdaus4us,

Just one more thing: does Islam actually encourage the sort of rascality you often come up with? Let me quote you and ask a pointed question:

firdaus4us:

[b]Holy spirit further told me that, for you to be saved from all these misfortune, you have to fast continuously for complete 25years. Somebody bellow haleluyah there! [/b]

Did the Holy Spirit actually tell you such in all honesty?

Now, we thought we've heard it all; but if neither Muhammad nor other pious Muslims would pull such rascal jokes, I wonder what that says about you as a person. Actually, I don't mind jokes or insults at my person, afterall I'm a human being like you. But does not Islam teach as well that it is a serious thing to say untrue things about God?

Just a friendly warning - take it or leave it: God is able to prove Himself to you.
Re: Christians Confess by Wumine(f): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2006
@firsdaus4us:
i think this war is between u and havilla! i was talking about your first post.
Re: Christians Confess by firdaus4us: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2006
4get_me
Just prove me wrong that holy ghost didn't tell me that.

@Havila
If a secondary school student can fault you and your post like that, then you had better leave this forum and go back to primary school to learn with the kids like you.

One of your problems is that you post topic/response without thinking or doing thorough research on it

I will continue to throw the word of the living God at you until it breaks you!!!
You mean the word of your god that die atleast for three days? Alhamdullilahi, all the Quranic verses you qouted are the word of Allah that never dies.
Re: Christians Confess by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 28, 2006
firdaus4us:

4get_me
Just prove me wrong that holy ghost didn't tell me that.

@Havila
If a secondary school student can fault you and your post like that, then you had better leave this forum and go back to primary school to learn with the kids like you.

One of your problems is that you post topic/response without thinking or doing thorough research on it

You mean the word of your God that die atleast for three days? Alhamdullilahi, all the Quranic verses you qouted are the word of Allah that never dies.

Someone is trying so hard to be heard on nairaland,please tell him he has been noticed,perhaps he'll then 'rest in peace' lol
Re: Christians Confess by Aggressa(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2006
@all on Religion forum of Nairaland:
Quote from Nuhu Ribadu (EFCC Chariman) while briefing the Senate President Ken Nnamani yesterday on the agency’s investigation of state governors and their governments. (Ref: Thisday newspaper of today online)
Of Zamfara State (Sharia capital of Nigeria) he said:

“Speaking on Zamfara, he quipped: “Zamfara is one of the worst cases. We have charged the governor and his officials to court. It is a tragedy. It could end up as a case of direct stealing; there is no third party.”

Many similar cases of brazen corruption was found in other states in the North where sharia has been instituted and many southern states too. The point here is that sharia law is utterly USELESS; it does not lead to righteousness for those who are ready to reason. Righteousness only comes from the reforming of the mind and that is what Jesus Christ is about. He is the end of righteousness of, from or by the law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Promise Of Satan To Human Beings / All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. / Lord's Chosen Apron Is Bullet Proof!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.