Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? (962 Views)

Bishop Emma Isong To Buhari: "Confess Your Sins To Nigerians To Win Second Term" / Secret Sins & Consequences / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Gracebegatme: 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
We had an heated argument during the bible study as touching the need to confess our secret sins(especially fornication and adultery) to at least a trusted believer even after we've confessed to GOD.The scriptural standpoint was james 5vs16a:"confess your faults one to another,and pray one for another...."
I would like those who have the mind of CHRIST to shed more light on this stance.Thanks
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
Op it not mandatory to confess your inner sins to a fellow believer, pray and confess silently to God,he alone can forgive no point sharing with a fellow brother who might backslide tommorow and mayb use it against you..

If the burden seems so heavy,i.e your sins,you can talk to the pope or pastor not necessarily another believer,have heard of a believer who let out the sins of another brother......

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Gracebegatme: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op it not mandatory to confess your inner sins to a fellow believer, pray and confess silently to God,he alone can forgive no point sharing with a fellow brother who might backslide tommorow and mayb use it against you..

If the burden seems so heavy,i.e your sins,you can talk to the pope or pastor not necessarily another believer,have heard of a believer who let out the sins of another brother......
But what if in my local church the members hold me in high esteem and i fornicated,don't you think there is need for confession?
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
Gracebegatme:
But what if in my local church the members hold me in high esteem and i fornicated,don't you think there is need for confession?
confess to the pastor not a brother,a brother might let it out.
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by jiggaz(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2015
Gracebegatme:
You don't have any business confessing to any believer, confess to CHRIST Jesus only, the author and finisher of your FAITH. If you still feel guilty after confessing to God, just pray dat God should give you his PEACE so dat you can rest. Mind you, its your conscience dat is condemning you not God, after you have confessed your sin. Conscience came about after Adam tasted the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

Confess your sins only to God, he's faithful and just to forgive you. Don't confess to any human being, they will use it against you tomorrow. A Believer is still human, we are not perfect until we have our incorruptible body at the Rapture.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Gracebegatme: 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
jiggaz:
You don't have any business confessing to any believer, confess to CHRIST Jesus only, the author and finisher of your FAITH. If you still feel guilty after confessing to God, just pray dat God should give you his PEACE so dat you can rest. Mind you, its your conscience dat is condemning you not God, after you have confessed your sin. Conscience came about after Adam tasted the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.

Confess your sins only to God, he's faithful and just to forgive you. Don't confess to any human being, they will use it against you tomorrow. A Believer is still human, we are not perfect until we have our incorruptible body at the Rapture.
Thanks for your input.
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by jiggaz(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gracebegatme:
Thanks for your input.
You welcome bro.
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by pagoda1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
There are consequences of sins that believers might not be able to handle independently alone even after being forgiven by God. If a brother (though this is not expected) goes into immorality 'carelessly' with a lady that is possessed of the devil, and the demon in her enters him straight away after the act. I tell you that he might not be able to handle this alone. He does not need to hide this at his detriment. He must confess this to the elders or mature believers who will assist in prayers to stem the storm because he has broken the hedge. Practical instances of this abound Sir. I can give you more if you so desire.
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by Gracebegatme: 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
pagoda1:
There are consequences of sins that believers might not be able to handle independently alone even after being forgiven by God. If a brother (though this is not expected) goes into immorality 'carelessly' with a lady that is possessed of the devil, and the demon in her enters him straight away after the act. I tell you that he might not be able to handle this alone. He does not need to hide this at his detriment. He must confess this to the elders or mature believers who will assist in prayers to stem the storm because he has broken the hedge. Practical instances of this abound Sir. I can give you more if you so desire.
Thanks for the comment.More instances will be appreciated.
Re: Should Christians Confess Their Secret Sins To One Another? by tpiander: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Your post says faults while your thread title says sins.

(1) (Reply)

Fact Or Fiction:the World Comes To An End On Sunday / As Christian Do We Suppose To Believe In Reincarnation Or ' Akudaya' / The Lord Will Fight For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.