Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election (712 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose / PDP Governorship Candidates Contesting In February 2015 - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
Before being employed in any organization or registered in any institution, it is compulsory that you must undergo some medical Test to ascertain your health status.
It is of my own candid opinion that Medical Tests should be part of INEC accreditation process of aspirants before being considered legible to contest for election into any public office. We can't have an unhealthy, diseased leader leading a powerful nation as Nigeria.
What are you take on this?
Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by Mogidi: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Not just medical test but psychological evaluation as recommended by the NMA, am afraid Buhari would pass neither.
Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by omonnakoda: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
EhiJeremiah:
Before being employed in any organization or registered in any institution, it is compulsory that you must undergo some medical Test to ascertain your health status.
It is of my own candid opinion that Medical Tests should be part of INEC accreditation process of aspirants before being considered legible to contest for election into any public office. We can't have an unhealthy, diseased leader leading a powerful nation as Nigeria.
What are you take on this?
It is not an unreasonable suggestion but I will equally suggest a similar accreditation before people are allowed to post on Nairaland. This is NOT A FIRING RANGE and no matter how highly connected you might be ( even if you are General SHELLENG) you should pass an English test.
Pray tell what does it mean to be "LEGIBLE TO CONTEST"

1 Like

Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
It's a welcome idea tho'
But ur english lipsrsealed
Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

It is not an unreasonable suggestion but I will equally suggest a similar accreditation before people are allowed to post on Nairaland. This is NOT A FIRING RANGE and no matter how highly connected you might be ( even if you are General SHELLENG) you should pass an English test.
Pray tell what does it mean to be "LEGIBLE TO CONTEST"

if you were actually using your mind you will understand the message without checking spellings
it is called "TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR" the intended word is Eligible
thanks for the correction anyway
Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by omonnakoda: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
EhiJeremiah:

if you were actually using your mind you will understand the message without checking spellings
it is called "TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR" the intended word is Eligible
thanks for the correction anyway
They are two different words with similar sounds THAT IS NOT A TYPO I am afraid!
There were just too many solecisms in such a short period.That was not the only one,( I highlighted several) in fact you started with a BANG literally. Try and learn the grammatical rules governing the use of the PASSIVE VOICE among the other other areas where you will need to do an overhaul in your grammatical "infrastructure"
The construction BEFORE BEING EMPLOYED is just not tenable . It is quite common but WRONG to use this in a conditional or continuous tense or in the passive voice.
You said " It is of my own candid opinon....."

What is our offence Wetin we do you?

In summary those who live in thatch houses should not throw bombs

1 Like

Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by mumumugu(m): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2015

"Aye"
Le le le
Le le le le le le le
A le le
A le le o le
[Chorus:]
Aa yeee
(Oya shekele)
Aaa yeee
Cause you want my blood o

we no want general
She no want buhari
we say na jona oooooo
he belong to meee
And I belong to him o
buhari
You go killie somebody
They say u have changed
but I dey see blood for your eyes o
Aa for your eyes o

im trouble pass mourinho
She dey vex like marado
mario balo

he like e my blood
he like e my blood
Her favorite killer na spartacus o
spartacus o

And hes to old to see
too old to see I see
buhari just show me ur wassce
Come show me ur wassce
Aaa
Cause nobody imprisons like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do
Nobody can vex e like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do

chorus

[Verse 2:]
The baddest!
Buhari you the baddest
u dey hide ur your asset
sabi bite like suarez
Emergency!

Chorus

https://mumumugu./2015/01/15/davido-latest-song-on-buhari/
Re: INEC Should Make Aspirants Undergo Medicals Before Contesting Election by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
kristina1:
It's a welcome idea tho'
But ur english lipsrsealed
if you can read my english won't be a problem

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Vote For Jonathan / Why Buhari Will Not Debate / Why I won’t Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.