Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,648 members, 7,816,662 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle (5462 Views)

Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Jonathan Urges World Leaders To Support Buhari’s Government / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by prettyjennifer(f): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
In an apparent bid to address the high rate of unemployment in the country, President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerians youths to lay their hands on manufacturing weapons instead of staying idle.

The incumbent President made this statement today while campaigning in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital.

“Why can’t we manufacture weapons? Those who manufacture these things are not angels. They are human beings like us,” Jonathan said while promising the cheery crowd that his government is determined to train Nigerian in the areas of Science and Technology.

Jonathan, who is the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in next month’s presidential polls, also stated that: “We want to train Nigerians that will change this country in terms of science and tech. We’ve already started”.

While urging the electorates to re-elect him for another four years, the incumbent President stated that the “PDP is the only party that has shown commitment to develop the Nigerian youths”.

In his own words: “Our priority is to build schools not prisons.This is the only administration that is ready to give any position, including the one I’m asking for, to the women.”

President Jonathan also stated that one of his dreams is to witness a situation whereby a Nigerian woman would become the president of the country.

He said: “I would want to see a female President in my lifetime”.

Below are all the comments of Mr President as tweeted by his Special Adviser on New Media, Reno Omokri.

http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2015/01/jonathan-urges-nigerian-youths-to.html

If na so, money don land oo grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Mutuwa(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Jennifer..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
This scumbag is just unbelievable really.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by prettyjennifer(f): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mutuwa:
Jennifer..

Wah? grin grin
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Mutuwa(m): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
prettyjennifer:

Wah? grin grin

Nothing.. grin
Your cool.
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by prettyjennifer(f): 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mutuwa:

Nothing.. grin
Your cool.

Thanks cheesy cheesy cool cool
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by rawpadgin(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
if only our past presidents had this ideal, we will not be begging the U.S to sell weapons to us now

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by thegoodone2(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
on serious note. we need it. its a good call

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by asadike(f): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
Oga goodluck, u never finished saying wetin dey dis your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Alphaoscar: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ misyarning since 1956.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Adminisher: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Jona has lost it completely.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Skako(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
U ar a real terrorist

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by BlackTechnology: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Alphaoscar:
GEJ misyarning since 1956.
asadike:
Oga goodluck, u never finished saying wetin dey dis your mouth.
missyAL:
Adminisher:
Jona has lost it completely.
Skako:
U ar a real terrorist

So you guys like the way we beg US and other nations for weapons

I don't blame you guys but the wrong orientation you guys have about being in opposition party.

You APC guys fail to understand that opposition doesn't mean you oppose every ideal of the ruling party

If truly GEJ made this comment, thumbs up to him

I say enough of our overdependence on foreign weapons

Say Yes To Indigenous Weapons cool

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by amakaobiemeka: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I don't blame you guys but the wrong orientation you guys have about being in opposition party.

You APC guys fail to understand that opposition doesn't mean you oppose every ideal of the ruling party

u are ill, u want every nigeria youth to be manufacturing guns and be worst than the gun possesion by civilians which usa is battling with. Us refusal to sell gej arms is because he has lost integrity, why do you think usa also refuse to buy his oil

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by amakaobiemeka: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
i knew gej is clueless, i just only thought it was just a pathetic word to mock him. But really this guy has no brain or common sense. Nigeria is doomed. How would a slowpoke urge youths to be making weapons. Ask usa what it is experiencing as a result of this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Alphaoscar: 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

The issue of local manufacturing of weapon is not what someone should be propagating at a campaign ground where lots of the audience may read another meaning to it.

The govt should set the ball rolling by making all the necessary step on how to go about it not by calling every dick, Bleep and headie to start manufacturing weapons.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by dre11(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
We should start manufacturing weapon to do what

We haven't manufacture self we know the menace it has caused and how people abuse it

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by BlackTechnology: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
i knew gej is clueless, i just only thought it was just a pathetic word to mock him. But really this guy has no brain or common sense. Nigeria is doomed. How would a slowpoke urge youths to be making weapons. Ask usa what it is experiencing as a result of this

dre11:
We should start manufacturing weapon to do what

We haven't manufacture self we know the menace it has caused and how people abuse it

amakaobiemeka:
u are ill, u want every nigeria youth to be manufacturing guns and be worst than the gun possesion by civilians which usa is battling with. Us refusal to sell gej arms is because he has lost integrity, why do you think usa also refuse to buy his oil

Alphaoscar:

The issue of local manufacturing of weapon is not what someone should propagating at a campaign ground where lots of the audience may read another meaning to it.

The govt should set the ball rolling by making all the necessary step on how to go about it not by calling every dick, Bleep and headie to start manufacturing weapons.

People like you who know next to nothing come online to talk trash

Do you know that stern gun used by the allied troops during WW2 was developed by a man in his kitchen.

After developing it, he sold to the British government , who gave out the contract of mass production to a toy factory

My guy, there is nothing wrong if ordinary citizens can develop prototypes of ingenious weapons and sell it to the ministry of defense for mass production

Please ask questions before you talk cool

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Alphaoscar: 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Do you know that stern gun used by the allied troops during WW2 was developed by a man in his kitchen.

After developing it, he sold to the British government , who gave out the contract of mass production to a toy factory

My guy, there is nothing wrong if ordinary citizens can develop prototypes of ingenious weapons and sell it to the ministry of defense for mass production

Please ask questions before you talk cool

You are an 1diot for that insult and a complex m0ron for comparing Nigeria to Britain at this period of time.

Weapon manufacturing is not what you discuss with Touts, thieves and criminals and expect a safe and descent society.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by bcomputer101: 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ should be impeach!

This man have no idea of how protect the life and property of Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by BlackTechnology: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You are an 1diot for that insult and a complex m0ron for comparing Nigeria to Britain at this period of time.

Weapon manufacturing is what you discuss with Touts, thieves and criminals and expect a safe and descent society.

Can you point out the insult

You see the problem with you guys cool

For your information, we are waging a treacherous war and our traditional allies have now abandoned us

My guy, if I can develop a fighter jet, I will gladly do and sell it to the government to mass produce it using Innoson facility

At least it will help our government in the war against BH and preserve lives. cool

A good citizen strive to help the government solve the problem facing the nation cool

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Alphaoscar: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

cool

You believe this is not an insult?
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by BlackTechnology: 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You believe this is not an insult?

No

But sorry if you think so

Now read the modified post and see the perceptive I am coming from.
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Some of the negative comments I'm seeing here are completely unnecessary. From what I can read there, the president is just saying that we should be making our own weapons (and I agree).

I think the news headline doesn't really match the content. Topic should read more like "President Jonathan Canvasses Local Production of Weapons".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by T9ksy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
I guess this is the clueless one's solution to the security problem currently bedeviling the country-manufacture our own

weapons? Calling him a m.o.r.o.n is a gross understatement.

#JonaDaftMustGo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by size38: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ promised to train d youths in d area of science and technology. How true is this? When he GEJ allowed corruption to increase to unimaginable level. Allowed higher institutions in this country to go on strike for 11 months. Lol.. GEJ has outlived his usefulness on that seat. GEj talks anything to win election. But d more he talks, the more he shows d emptiness in him.
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by demelza: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
Heavenly Father,
What crime did we commit as a nation that someone totally bereft of his senses had to be foisted on us as a leader?
#LeSigh
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by BlackTechnology: 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
demelza:
Heavenly Father,
What crime did we commit as a nation that someone totally bereft of his senses had to be foisted on us as a leader?
#LeSigh

size38:
GEJ promised to train d youths in d area of science and technology. How true is this? When he GEJ allowed corruption to increase to unimaginable level. Allowed higher institutions in this country to go on strike for 11 months. Lol.. GEJ has outlived his usefulness on that seat. GEj talks anything to win election. But d more he talks, the more he shows d emptiness in him.

T9ksy:
I guess this is the clueless one's solution to the security problem currently bedeviling the country-manufacture our own

weapons? Calling him a m.o.r.o.n is a gross understatement.

#JonaDaftMustGo

The post below exposed that you don't understand GEJ's view

HNosegbe:
Some of the negative comments I'm seeing here are completely unnecessary. From what I can read there, the president is just saying that we should be making our own weapons (and I agree).

I think the news headline doesn't really match the content. Topic should read more like "President Jonathan Canvasses Local Production of Weapons".

God bless you

They accuse him of not arming the boys, which he is doing but frustrated by some neocolonial powers

Now he is trying to encourage indigenous weapons production, they are still opposing him.

These internal colonial masters won't rest until GEJ is out which is impossible. cool

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
missyAL:
HMm
Re: Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle by Horus(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Now it is time to send GEJ to a psychiatric hospital for assessment and treatment for a mental illness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vivian Gist And Her Dead cousin ( The Full Story ) / Dapo Abiodun Visit Obasanjo For "Candid Advice" (Photos / Ihedioha Pledges To Invest N3.9b In Basic Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.