Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

(Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. (3516 Views)

Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Abagworo(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/six-boko-haram-members-arrested-in-imo-planting-bombs-in-winners-chapel-church/181006/

Boko Haram Members Arrested in Imo Planting Bombs in
Winners Chapel Church

Six suspected Boko Haram members were arrested in Imo State
in the early hours of Sunday inside the Winners Chapel Owerri,
along Port Harcourt road, by the Imo State police command,
while planting bombs in the church premises.
According to an eye witness account, the security personnel
attached to the church noticed strange movements within the
church premises and monitored their movements.
The security men alerted the senior pastor of the church, Moses
Oyedele who instructed them to alert the police which they did
and the Police immediately rushed to the scene with soldiers
and other security agents.
In the process, it was discovered that about six suicide bombers
have taken over the church perpetrating their nefarious
activities.
The source said that the police immediately cordoned off the
church premises in search of the suspects leading to the arrest
of the suspects.
It was discovered that the suspects had planted a bomb at the
entrance gate of the church and had taken position round the
premises of the church so as to plant more bombs.
The police anti-bomb squad which detonated the bombs,
conducted a thorough check round the premises so as to detect
any hidden bomb within the premises.

When interrogated the suspects confessed to be suicide
bombers who had stormed the state with the intention of
bombing five churches within the state.
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Abagworo(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

What you are implying are way wrong because, First I never stated explicitly that GEJ cannot communicate.

I simply stated it is an area that needs improvement. He needs to build and effective communication strategy.

Just like I have to stretch my ears to understand what buhari is saying and also if left unguarded by his PR team he would make really controversial statement.

In the same vien GEJ needs to improve on his ability to communicate his actions to Nigerian.

Moreover the fact even with this weakness he has been able to achieve what he has done so far gives me more hope because the moment he does overcome this weakness the sky would be his limit.

GEJ has not failed ... The road to transforming Nigeria can't not happen over night.
@bold. He spent years as deputy governor, 2years as VP, 2years as a learning president, 4years as president and now needs 4 more years to overcome his weakness. Do you know that nigeria might be no more by then because of him? He should go and overcome his weakness somewhere else. Look at the amount of opposing views on this page alone. It shows enlightened people don't reason like cab drivers. Your victory over a cab driver is like that of a soldier broadcasting his triumph over harmless civilians when there is boko haram fit enough for him.

1 Like

Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Change2015(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re Iraq, I mentioned 9/11 because following that event the USA had a need to respond, even if against the wrong target. Obama voted against authorising the Iraq war and was rewarded by a population many of whom realised they had been duped into a war.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm
http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/03/20/top-10-lessons-of-the-iraq-war-2/

I don't understand the foundation Jonathan is laying, because if soldiers at the war front are complaining about the lack of bullets, medical facilities, surveillance information etc, how can they succeed? Has there been an enquiry into the reason why a national army is struggling to defeat this band of incoherent heretics? Re the billion dollar loan, I ask again has the insurgency not been going on since 2010, so why has military spending not been suitably directed to equipment purchase in all this time? Will this $1bn win the war or is the government just trying to look like it is doing something? There are stories that missing soldiers do not get paid, and with their families mostly in barracks, can you understand why morale is low? There are really too many issues concerning the prosecution of this war that just beggar belief. A presidential spokesman, Okupe, has the nerve to say boko haram 'only' occupies 20,000 square miles of our territory! The insanity must end.

The APC does not exist to cheer on a hapless government. It exists to provide an alternative. Buhari and Tinubu have not been associated with this federal government and while many may decamp back and forth, the major allies in the APC, the ACN and CPC, have been anti-establishment to the core. Instead of the government using the security services to gives citizens protection, we have seen how they have been used for election purposes in Ekiti and Osun. No such effort was mounted to look for our Chibok girls, or any of the thousands who have also been kidnapped. Not one from Chibok has been freed by the armys effort. What reason has Jonathan given us to cheer? Even to communicate effectively, he struggles and fails. The last 6 years have clearly shown he has no capacity for the job.

#change
#GMB
#APC

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Change2015(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

The link I posted established the fact that Boko harams origins can be traced to maistastine. Please define what reborn means.

@ bolded lets not go there with APC receiving tons of PDP members, the same set of people that played a crucial role in PDP. They are responsible for whatever Nigeria turned out to be in the last 16yrs. This same people are powerful stake holders in your party. APC is PDP with a new name.

Guy do you actually read my post and digest my statements before making comments. Where did I say the Amnesty was Jonathan's idea. Moreover kudos would have to be given to Jonathan for continuing with the program and taking it to new heights.

This is a excerpt from my post which you failed to read.

[b] Most Nigerians want results ... They want to see magic happen. They want to hear that our 200 girls are back, that all the captured state in bornu are now under the Military control, the want to shekua head on a tray and Boko haram disbanded . I want the same results too.

The challenge is that they fail to realize that you can't get results out of thin air from an army who for the past 30 years have been left to rot, both in equipment, and in training by successive governments. The quality of our soldiers are no longer what it used to. We have people joining the military not out of patriotism but mainly due to the desire to make ends meet.
This is a quote from Minimah

"“ There is high level of unemployment on the ground, most people want jobs, if that job means joining the Army, fine; it’s a source of employment, but when the reality of military service comes, he drops his rifle and runs away.” (http://www.punchng.com/news/army-getting-new-weapons-to-combat-b-haram/)

Also According to Vanguardngr.com I quote
[/i] From the deep divisions in the fighting ranks of the Nigerian military, it does appear these selfish politicians have reached out to their contacts in the military and convinced many of them not to fight and to sabotage the operations of the Nigerian military. This has led to too many desertions and cowardly actions, which have paved the way for the Boko Haram to make frightful progress to the point of establishing caliphates here and there - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/boko-haram-curious-calls-presidents-resignation/#sthash.BkUsaPgy.dpuf[/i]

So aside Goodluck working hard to correct an over 30 years rot in the military, and leading an army /citizenry filled with saboteurs and Boko haram sympathizers as he tries to navigating his way around the stiff opposition from the west that is bent on limiting his ability to purchase weapons due to their spurious human rights allegation.

What a very silly conclusion. First the loan is not a cash loan but supply of military hardware to be paid over seven years. This loan do not attract interest.

It is very strategic I am wondering why I forgot to mention it in my piece. Close to 90% of the armies budget goes into recurrent expenditure. With only 10% left for milex any attempt by GEJ to encroach into the 90% would spell doom to the salaries of men of service who put their life on line for Nigeria.

Taking a 1billion loan that did not attract interest and would be paid over 7 years is a very strategic decision.
(http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/168645-jonathan-gets-approval-to-borrow-1billion-to-fight-boko-haram.html )

While some lawmakers applauded the effort of the joint committee and moved for immediate approval of the loan in view of the security challenges, Your party was against it. with Olubunmi Adetumbi (APC-Ekiti), and Sen. George Akume (APC-Benue) called for appropriate procedures to be followed by the senate.

The Senate President, Sen. David Mark, however, doused tension by explaining that the senate was not flouting any legal or constitutional provision as the borrowing was not in cash to attract any further procedure before approval.

Whatever you like call it… The fact is that he visited maidugri.

The mains story here is not GEJ's statement but the fact that an unrepentant part of a criminal organization MEND that has refused the amnesty supports your candidate and you were all gaga, happy and jubilating. My friend this is very suspicious. The public is left to believe that APC has some form of links with the remains the criminal organization MEND. Who say they may not have such link with boko haram too, Given that their leader Shekua and buhari your candidate would like to see Sharia implemented allover Nigeria. I am very suspicious of APC

Goodluck has just gotten the approval of a 1billion dollar loan in form of military hardware. This load is with no interest it will do justice to an army that have been left to rot for the past 30years plus. What was APC response to this development. The fought against a motion that would enable our soldiers get better military hardware.

You are entitled to your opinion … I have responded to those deserving of response on my other thread.

Mr Change what has APC done in contributing to help Nigeria fight terrorism aside criticizing and demonize the effort of the military and men who put their lives on the line for Nigeria.

Nigerians do not want to see magic. They want to see hard honest work. People have been advising Jonathan on boko haram for years.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/167367-jonathan-eats-humble-pie-woos-obasanjo-to-help-tackle-boko-haram-insurgency.html
Mr. Obasanjo’s 2011 attempt at negotiations with the deadly sect ended on a bloody note with the murder of Babakura Fugu, the man who received him and made effort to establish a link between Boko Haram and the former president.

The effort was reportedly not at the instance of the federal government, officials said at the time.

Mr. Fugu, a brother-in-law of the slain leader of Boko Haram, Mohammed Yusuf, was shot to death shortly after Mr. Obasanjo’s departure from Maiduguri, Borno State, to seek peace talks with the group.

The attack ended one of the best known efforts at reaching out to the deadly sect, which is responsible for thousands of deaths.

__
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-jonathan-s-understanding-of-boko-haram-suffers-from-wrong-reading/195105/
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Wednesday lampooned President Goodluck Jonathan's administration for its poor understanding of the Boko Haram insurgency.

He also called on the president to learn to tolerate opposition in order to sustain the nation's democracy.

Obasanjo’s no holds barred attack came at the launch of the autobiography of former President of the Court of Appeal and pioneer Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Retired Justice Mustapha Akanbi.

According to Obasanjo, "Boko Haram is not simply a menace based on religion or one directed to frustrated anybody's political ambition. It is essentially a socio-economic problem that is tainted with religion.

"It is a gargantuan danger to the nation and to all Nigerians. President Jonathan's understanding of Boko Haram phenomenon suffered from wrong reading and wrong imputation. That is what led us to where we are today," he said.

Obasanjo blamed Jonathan for the dilly-dallying approach the administration has adopted in tackling the Boko Haram insurgency.

_
If that is what a pdp board of trustees member has to say about the President's attitude, will he listen to the opposition? Jonathan has been happy to paint the boko haram issue as a plot by Northern interests against his presidency, forgetting that he would soon come begging for their votes. He has not denounced the many insults hurled in that direction by his Ijaw friends and has sought to divide the nation using tribe and church. Has the pfn ever been held in as low esteem as under Oritsejafor? A President who boasts that one-third of private jets in the country are owned by Anambra people, does that show he had any idea of the reality of people's lives? Now we have cut the price of fuel by ten naira when the oil price has fallen at least 100%. Does that make sense or will people not see another ploy at cheap populism just like the maiduguri visit? He is a man who always manages to do too little too late.
The APC presents a team of substance, a vice president who can contribute to the discussion, and a President in Buhari who can cut through the military bs we are being fed and bring some sanity back to governance. Fashola and Fayemi, Amaechi, elRufai, Tambuwal... will be significant in this government, and we have already seen some of what they can do. Jonathan is simply not the man to lead this nation in any positive direction, and the public at large knows it well.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
I challenged to OP to an open debate here on Niaraland. But he prefers to win souls offline

Oh well....
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2015
missyAL:
I challenged to OP to an open debate here on Niaraland. But he prefers to win souls offline

Oh well....

I replied you ... Why are you yet to respond. I thought I agreed to engage you on this subject according to my last post.
Re: (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. by jaybee3(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

What you are implying are way wrong because, First I never stated explicitly that GEJ cannot communicate.

I simply stated it is an area that needs improvement. He needs to build and effective communication strategy.

Just like I have to stretch my ears to understand what buhari is saying and also if left unguarded by his PR team he would make really controversial statement.

In the same vien GEJ needs to improve on his ability to communicate his actions to Nigerian.

Moreover the fact even with this weakness he has been able to achieve what he has done so far gives me more hope because the moment he does overcome this weakness the sky would be his limit.

GEJ has not failed ... The road to transforming Nigeria can't not happen over night.
You stated explicitly that he lacks communication skills. That’s his weakness which is actually a major drawback in terms of his qualities as a good effective leader.

Your intellect, ideas and strategies is as good as Bleep with weak/bad communication skills. It's not something that you can compensate for when putting yourself up for leadership.

His gaffes are legendary and I just can’t see how he is able to motivate others when he simply can’t motivate himself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Blackmail Us, Our Promises Were Mere Campaign Promises!.... APC / Biafra:Nairalander Ipobdevil At The Point Of Death After Multiple Gun Shot-pic / Igbo Community Celebrate In The Streets Of New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.