Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997766 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
dolpaz:

Kelvin,

That's nothing to fret about. let me add a bit to what others have suggested.

During my research, I also found out that the VIDEX is for Short term visa, and not Student Visa. (I may be wrong though cos these guys keeps changing procedure every now and then) Moreso, there's a second form that needs to be filled. Like "Anti terriorism" stuffs. were you asked to bring that along or ignore it?

In my candid opinion, I will suggest you print out the Videx form and also the conventional visa application form for students, Send an email to them seeking more clarifications about the most viable option. then await their response. I know someone who's interview is on the 11th and 12th of August and never got the message.

Make man go hustle blocked account money Jare.

All the best and Wishing everybody Happy Eid Mubarak

Gemeinsam Sind wir starke !!!

Ok bro...tanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
Kelvinpam:
Greetings all
Happy Eid Mubarak
I need suggestions from the house with regards the mail I and nellyb24 received yesterday.

We both booked on monday and received a response the following day.
The email was perfectly fine. Same format as the normal student visa message with my interview scheduled for 14.08.15 and nellyb24 on 13.08.15. no use of VIDEX form was indicated here. Meaning itz the normal LONG STAY VISA.

Then Yesterday, we both received anoda email indicating a change of our dates to 11th august and instructions to fill the VIDEX application form which represents SHORT STAY VISA.

Thats the problem now. Your views and possible solutions on this matter will be appreciated

CC: eke40seven, obiwannn, ceeesaw, iyke20024, dolpaz
Hmmm now this is even more confusing... At this point I will suggest you email them with the details of the first time you booked and d 2 emails you got from them. I will advice you do that. Also point out in the email that you were asked to fill the Videx form.

Also call the embassy and ask the questions directly on monday.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:
Is that 26,000 naira in total?

12,000+6000+8000? For the 4 weeks course?

Hey pls ask eke40seven. About this. I'm also interested. I intend to go 4 the intensiv course in august. It also looks to me like there's no exam after the cos.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:
Hello everyone.. About the new summer course at Goethe Institute Lagos starting 3rd August and ending on the 28th of August (4 weeks). I read it's for Level A1.
My question is would one be given the Level A1 certificate?(*because there is no A1 exam date stated) Or its just preparatory A1 classes .
Thanks.

Plus I read the only available time schedule is (8:30am to 2:00am).

I asked the guy I met there...probably the receptionist, he said there would be no exam.
You get a certificate of attendance.
The flyer I got says : 20k for the programme and 5k for the textbooks...so, it should be 25k in total.

Have you registered for it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by belleza083: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
To all my ogas in the house, i hail ooo. i nid u all to sincerely advice me on somtin which has bn bordering me now for some days. i booked for my appointment on 9/7/15, to my surprise, i was given 27/8/15 (ridiculous right?). i tot they said visa processing only takes 6-8wks, but in my case, it is goin to be more than that if i'm going to consider the time i booked and when the visa itsef wld be out. The deadline for enrollment is 30/9/15. I sent a mail to the embassy to request for a new date, no response. i also sent a mail to my course coordinator for enrollment deadline extension, no response. To my to ogas in the house, is it a gud idea to send a new application to the embassy and try to see if a new date wld be given to me or is there any penalty for doing this. pls wat do u think i can do. Advice
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ceeesaw:

Hmmm now this is even more confusing... At this point I will suggest you email them with the details of the first time you booked and d 2 emails you got from them. I will advice you do that. Also point out in the email that you were asked to fill the Videx form.

Also call the embassy and ask the questions directly on monday.

ok..tanks. would do so.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
belleza083:
To all my ogas in the house, i hail ooo. i nid u all to sincerely advice me on somtin which has bn bordering me now for some days. i booked for my appointment on 9/7/15, to my surprise, i was given 27/8/15 (ridiculous right?). i tot they said visa processing only takes 6-8wks, but in my case, it is goin to be more than that if i'm going to consider the time i booked and when the visa itsef wld be out. The deadline for enrollment is 30/9/15. I sent a mail to the embassy to request for a new date, no response. i also sent a mail to my course coordinator for enrollment deadline extension, no response. To my to ogas in the house, is it a gud idea to send a new application to the embassy and try to see if a new date wld be given to me or is there any penalty for doing this. pls wat do u think i can do. Advice

well, the issue of d embassy changing interview date because of enrollment deadline is rare(might be possible but haven't seen any yet)
At dis point, I think Ur best bet might be Ur course coordinator...

If the two options fails den Uve to pray the embassy process Ur visa within 3weeks(dis has been d new story of recent probably ur application didn't run into any issues) but Uve to make sure Ure very fast with funding and ticket immediately u get an approval...

The last option (I really hope u don't av to go thru with dis option) is to ask the course coordinator if he could differ ur admission till next year summer semester...

Dats my take, let others contribute
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
nzeBiddle:
Quick question; for those resuming sept/oct who have received their student visas, did you pay your full tuition fees (ie for the entire duration of your program) before you were asked to come for your visa? These embassy guys just sent me a mail stating that the aliens authority are requesting for proof that I have transferred the entire course fees so I should send them proof of this payment (PS this is diff from blocked account which I have already sorted out). This is a two-year masters and the school allows for instalmental payments albeit due in specific deadlines. Paying the entire thing go be die o. Is this what everyone has had to do?
entire Course fee, now these is sumting to worry about. What I think am aware of is sum skools that charge tuition fees wiuld want you to pay certain amout upfront which of course refundable upon certain conditions like evidence of visa refusal and all that..the aliens authority inthe city where u intend to skool may and maynot need to see a proof of finance or payment of ur tuition quarterly, bi annually or yearly buh I guess u can discuss that wit your skool, they r in a better position to handle thz than the Embassy. come to think of it, whats the name of the skool and wht city is it located
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:
Hello everyone.. About the new summer course at Goethe Institute Lagos starting 3rd August and ending on the 28th of August (4 weeks). I read it's for Level A1.
My question is would one be given the Level A1 certificate?(*because there is no A1 exam date stated) Or its just preparatory A1 classes .
Thanks.

Plus I read the only available time schedule is (8:30am to 2:00am).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
pm me your mail and i will send the to you via PDF.
stharrie:
[size=8pt][/size]PLEASE IN THE LAST THREAD SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING THE GERMAN LANGUAGE BOOKS FOR A1-Ç1 FOE #11000 BUT I DON'T REMEMBER THE PAGE...HOW DOES ONE GET THE BOOKS?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Anyone who needs the German Language Textbook (Not By Force) should PM me their mail and will get it. And if you are Interested in this B2 Book also PM me because i don't need it again. (No be by force oh BIko)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
I dey tells you
hollaytan:
mehnnn student visa don take new dimension oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Guten tag alles, gibt es jemand hier, die nach Universitaet Bremen reisen? Ich habe zwei morglichkeiten zwischen Stuttgart und Bremen aber Bremen finde ich sehr augezeichnet. Fahren Sie nach Bremen? Dann mussen wir uns jetzt vorstellen. Danke.

All Uni Bremen faithful's, at what level of preparation are you right now? please let us indicate and get to know one another as u cannot afford to be an island in a foreign land. We can pm, wassapp or even share numbers. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=Eke40seven post=35969368][/quote]

Eke40seven pls do know much about the 4 weeks A1 course next month at Goethe Institute Lagos?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
@Oligee,
How did u get your accommodation at FAU, can you connect me or direct me. My admission letter says I have to search for accommodation by myself.
I send you a PM pls respond so we can talk.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Uni Konstanz accommodation given to me na die o, €350 per month kai! out of my €670 from the blocked account nothing go remain na!... Abeg let me consider FAU offer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
topbound2013:
Uni Konstanz accommodation given to me na die o, €350 per month kai! out of my €670 from the blocked account nothing go remain na!... Abeg let me consider FAU offer.

Not only that one o.. Health insurance at least £80 per month..

370+80= 450

Mine own reality just dey hit me sef..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:

370+80= 450

Actually, £33.10
https://www.mawista.com/en/health-insurance-for-foreign-nationals-in-germany/health-insurance-for-students/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello house, i opened blocked acc in june, people we opened together same day already got thier bank details, i was told filling the online banking in the form could bring about delay, how true is this pls?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
hollaytan:

I did one at the embassy for free back then, i did another one through my neigbhour who works at court of appeal at gbosere for 1400, visit any highcourt close to u
there is one I certified @ high court @ Abk i still have copies wt me shd I send it to them since dey ask for Notary public, German embassy or "similar authorities" or wat do u tink bro ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:

370+80= 450

370 EUR a month? bros na Munchen you de go?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Obiwannn:
370 EUR a month? bros na Munchen you de go?

No be me o..

I dey try fine WG with £200- max 250..
Because ehn.. Person gast dey spend with sense... Phone or Internet bills, food, health insurance and accommodation na standard..
If u comot all of them from 670 sef ehn..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
twinkle1:

No be me o..

I dey try fine WG with £200- max 250..
Because ehn.. Person gast dey spend with sense... Phone or Internet bills, food, health insurance and accommodation na standard..
If u comot all of them from 670 sef ehn..
If you can get a room for max 300EUR (inclusive of all costs, heating, water, electricity and of course unlimited internet), I believe one is safe.
Add 300EUR + Insurance 80EUR + Food 70EUR + Miscellaneous 100 EUR (I'm being nice, my own go be like 10 EUR lol). = 550 EUR. You save 120 EUR. I believe you are good to go with this budget. If you however want to flex cool, and tour the world, you would have to obviously budget more. Moreover with a student job, your earnings should be enough to take care of your upkeep, without you having to resort to withdrawing from your blocked account. Or wouldn't it? Our ogas in Germany can add their 2 cents and 2 euros.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
hello house, I learnt you have to submit all your original credentials on the interview day, but, what I have with me is my bsc statement of result., I haven't collected the certificate yet. I don't know if its going to be a challenge?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
topbound2013:
@Oligee,
How did u get your accommodation at FAU, can you connect me or direct me. My admission letter says I have to search for accommodation by myself.
I send you a PM pls respond so we can talk.
Bros, I have responded to ur pm. FAU didn't give me accommodation, they only referred me to studentenwerk, and I applied to studentenwerk. Go through d email notification of ur admission again, u will find the link to studentenwerk.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nathan2222:

Actually, £33.10
https://www.mawista.com/en/health-insurance-for-foreign-nationals-in-germany/health-insurance-for-students/

WAIT OOOOOO! YOU ARE ON POINT SHA! MY SCHOOL RECOGNIZES MAWISTA AS A PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE. BUT E BE LIKE EVERY BODY DEY USUALLY DO PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE WHICH IS USUALLY MORE EXPENSIVE.
YOU GUYS HOW FAR? WHICH WAY?
WHAT 'S THE WAY FORWARD ON TO THIS HEALTH INSURANCE STUFF.

PRIVATE OR PUBLIC??

ONTO WHICH PRIVATE NA AROUND £33 AND PUBLIC NA AT LEAST £80 ON THE REG.

ADVICE PLS.

My DEPARTMENT SECRETARY SENT ME A MAIL Saying THEY WORK WITH TK HEALTH INSURANCE SHA. SHE EVEN SENT THE APPLICATION FORMS FOR TK INSURANCE FEW DAYS AGO . TK INSURANCE NA £81.31 PER MONTH SHA.. SHE SAID I CAN REGISTER HERE IN NIGERIA BY SCANNING AND SENDING THE APPLICATION FORMS TO TK INSURANCE. I CONFIRMED THAT.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

If you can get a room for max 300EUR (inclusive of all costs, heating, water, electricity and of course unlimited internet), I believe one is safe.
Add 300EUR + Insurance 80EUR + Food 70EUR + Miscellaneous 100 EUR (I'm being nice, my own go be like 10 EUR lol). = 550 EUR. You save 120 EUR. I believe you are good to go with this budget. If you however want to flex cool, and tour the world, you would have to obviously budget more. Moreover with a student job, your earnings should be enough to take care of your upkeep, without you having to resort to withdrawing from your blocked account. Or wouldn't it? Our ogas in Germany can add their 2 cents and 2 euros.
Per time job(@least daily 5hrs job during weekly days) will cover all these expenses. Atleast 8euro hour job. Tuition and semester fee will do itself.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mickyboiz:
there is one I certified @ high court @ Abk i still have copies wt me shd I send it to them since dey ask for Notary public, German embassy or "similar authorities" or wat do u tink bro ?

Y not, u can send that of course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
hollaytan:
Hello house, i opened blocked acc in june, people we opened together same day already got thier bank details, i was told filling the online banking in the form could bring about delay, how true is this pls?
Hollyton I filled mine online too. I didn't use pen. I got my confirmation from Deutsch bank in 2weeks. Maybe you have to mail them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
crowns2:

Hollyton I filled mine online too. I didn't use pen. I got my confirmation from Deutsch bank in 2weeks. Maybe you have to mail them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
osane09:
I applied for the same course...I have bn waiting n it has bn killing mi... I just don't understand d dept... Others dept has sent admission letters which many pple confirmed here... But nothing yet from material chemistry and mineralogy dept

I inquired from them and I was told I have been offered admission but my address is incorrect. Instead of Nigeria my address was showing Deutschland. They asked me to send another address which I did. I also asked them to send me a PDF file so I can begin the visa process...but I am yet to hear from them. So contact them and pls let us know

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.