Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996951 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
obs3rver:

Okay, let's have it. Send a pm.

Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
hadassaheke:
@oga lmuhopeful i checked lmu's m.sc in Geophysics admission requirement n i read dat applications would b sent online as 1 Pdf. So my questions are:
1 did u send ur documents online pending when u were asked send d paper copy?

I sent all as PDF according to their instruction. You can get free pdf merging applications online. You will only be asked to send hardcopy to the international office after the geophysics programme has admitted you.

2 pls can you kindly list d documents u submitted n hw u submitted them?

The list of documents are on the programme website. Just follow the instructions and send in certified copies as requested.

3 Any helpful tips as concerning my proposed applicatn n my letter of motivation cos ve gt no experience in d field ( i read industrial physics)

Helpful tips:

1) certify your documents with a notary public or high court before uploading. Once you have been admitted then you can go to the embassy for another certification before you send hardcopy to them

2) The motivation letter is very important to them. You dont need experience in geophysics before you cam write a solid letter. I also am from Electrical Engineering background. Just relate the concepts you have learnt in physics to your new found interest in geophysics. For example you can talk about how your coursework in Elecrromagnetic theory got you interested in wave propagation beneath the earth which them exposed you to tje interesting area of seismology etc.

Sori if they questiƶns are too much n too early to b asked, just wanna get prepared cos application starts jan n i want to b fully prepared as i plan submitng as early as possible. Tnx lot.

When you are ready to apply just buzz me..then we would be able to work better on your application.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
lmuhopeful:

When you are ready to apply just buzz me..then we would be able to work better on your application.
ok, tnx a lot. God bless you !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayeopare(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
Whaoo, this could be true, please i will like to talk to you. Please, roll me ur number. Thanks
Galads:
Formally I use to see people asking if it's possible for someone from the UK or US to give a sponsorship letter. Well I met someone whose brother used a sponsorship letter from a aunt working in the US ( nurse) in 2009 and he is using the same letter now to apply for his own. So I think there is a possibility, but I will still keep in touch with the guy to know if it works so I can update the house.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
kuthvic:

Hello
here is THEIR WEBSITE 4 Naija http://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/
then in my suggestion if u want to be certain of studying in German I suggest u apply for you IELTS now. Then gather all ur documents fast b4 admission even start. so that u will be among the first first 2 get admission.
Then 2 be double sure apply for both Msc and Bsc courses. no let the money pain you. it is worth it . I sent 150 euro to uni asist and I got admission from 4 schools then I choose the one I preferred most.
Uni asist will charge you 75 euro for the first school then 15 for the rest in same semester.
use the site 2 search 4 courses www.study-in.de/en/
Read interview experience of others too.
if u are self employed plz plz plz go n register ur company now -no let money 4 CAC pain u
Bro u are on point.......Thanks man
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pius4luv(m): 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
Can someone with OND holder get an admission into bachelor program in germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
pius4luv:
Can someone with OND holder get an admission into bachelor program in germany?

Capital NO, only Hnd or100L result transcript are allowed. Read from the beginning of this thread for more info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi1: 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
ayeopare:
Whaoo, this could be true, please i will like to talk to you. Please, roll me ur number. Thanks

It might be tru bt I planned to do d same I was tld it's nt possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:08am On Aug 26, 2015
Abeg who get palm oil.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2015
futurewise11:
Abeg who get palm oil.
Do they allow people to carry palm oil? I was told liquids are not allowed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayeopare(m): 7:17am On Aug 26, 2015
So who told u it is not possible? I have sent mail to the embassy via the mail we use to book for appointment and also the email i was communicated with to fund my account hoping to get a reply soonest.
seek4yemi1:

It might be tru bt I planned to do d same I was tld it's nt possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lusen(m): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2015
kuthvic:

Hello

here is THEIR WEBSITE 4 Naija http://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/

then in my suggestion if u want to be certain of studying in German I suggest u apply for you IELTS now. Then gather all ur documents fast b4 admission even start. so that u will be among the first first 2 get admission.

Then 2 be double sure apply for both Msc and Bsc courses. no let the money pain you. it is worth it . I sent 150 euro to uni asist and I got admission from 4 schools then I choose the one I preferred most.

Uni asist will charge you 75 euro for the first school the
n 15 for the rest in same semester.

use the site 2 search 4 courses www.study-in.de/en/

Read interview experience of others too.

if u are self employed plz plz plz go n register ur company now -no let money 4 CAC pain u
thank you. pls when will admission open. Ive gotten almost all my documents ready except ielts. I hope to register for ielts this week. I'm not self employed. do I stand more chance of getting admission if I own a company of my own? bsc courses? does that mean I will start as an undergraduate and spend three years again before enrolling for masters. I hope to hear from you soon. thks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2015
lusen:

thank you. pls when will admission open. Ive gotten almost all my documents ready except ielts. I hope to register for ielts this week. I'm not self employed. do I stand more chance of getting admission if I own a company of my own? bsc courses? does that mean I will start as an undergraduate and spend three years again before enrolling for masters. I hope to hear from you soon. thks

Different schools have varying admission dates. Even within the same university, different departments have different deadlines. So narrow down your list of schools and check the individual departmental requirements and deadlines. Use www.daad.de/en to search for schools or just use google.

Owning a company doesn't benefit your admission in any way except if it is one of the requirements wink . If you are applying for a business related course theb you can describe your entrepreneurial skills in your motivation letter.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2015
hollaytan:

Looool.... Funny dude, i have mailed the visa section through their contact form, i will send an email to the mail that sent me to send confirmation of payment tommorow

Hey, you should try calling the embassy. I was sending mails too and got no reply, checked their website {http://www.nigeria.diplo.de} now and found this

'Due to technical difficulties, we cannot be reached via email since Wednesday. Please contact us by telephone and fax only'

Their number is: +234-1-280-9966. I haven't called tho.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 8:50am On Aug 26, 2015
Galads:
Formally I use to see people asking if it's possible for someone from the UK or US to give a sponsorship letter. Well I met someone whose brother used a sponsorship letter from a aunt working in the US ( nurse) in 2009 and he is using the same letter now to apply for his own. So I think there is a possibility, but I will still keep in touch with the guy to know if it works so I can update the house.
Its not impossible but risky. This same question was raised when the representatives came to Goethe Institute. The response was that;
Though the embassy would accept it but the issue is with the Foreign office in Germany, there's alot of confirmation they need to do and all that and at the end of the day they may decide they are not accepting such, therefore rejecting the application at a time when it becomes really late for that semester.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2015
kanweYest:

Hey, you should try calling the embassy. I was sending mails too and got no reply, checked their website {http://www.nigeria.diplo.de} now and found this

'Due to technical difficulties, we cannot be reached via email since Wednesday. Please contact us by telephone and fax only'
G
Their number is: +234-1-280-9966. I haven't called tho.
Thanks bro, i got the number from google, i have called and i was told that my case will be attended to, she also told me to SEND AN EMAIL wch i told her i have done so and i was told i will get a reply.
I sent my payment confirmation last week wednesday, i hope it was delivered
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Guys, i need help to make blocked account payment. i don't have any form of invoice from my school as requested by the 2 banks i went to. All i have here is the db account opening letter. who here has done this payment successfully in lagos? what bank did you use? did you have to provide a school invoice as well? please i need someone to talk to here (a phone number or email will be great) i need to make this payment today,. the embassy already sent an email stating that my db account funding confirmation is awaited.

Thank you..

b/s: who was at the embassy yesterday? how did your interview go?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2015
jameseva:
Guys, i need help to make blocked account payment. i don't have any form of invoice from my school as requested by the 2 banks i went to. All i have here is the db account opening letter. who here has done this payment successfully in lagos? what bank did you use? did you have to provide a school invoice as well? please i need someone to talk to here (a phone number or email will be great) i need to make this payment today,. the embassy already sent an email stating that my db account funding confirmation is awaited.

Thank you..

Try Fidelity and Sterling bank HQ if you are in Lagos. you can open account same day and carry out your transaction as well. Hope you have a letter from your school highlighting the breakdown of your living expenses or confirming the 8040 Euro? if you have, there shouldn't be a problem.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2015
Hello guyz, pls does anyone know how I can get my transcript at hand. My sch (unilag) does not give out transcripts to students nt even student copy instead they send it themselves which will be time and money consuming. Pls any1/ akokaite shld kindly share how I can go about. I really need help on this, thx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2015
jameseva:

Thank you..

Please don't try Fidelity and Sterling bank if you don't have that school bill / Invoice / breakdown of living expenses from your school. I went to Sterling they asked for it. I also went to Fidelity bank my transaction was stalled for 3 weeks because I couldn't provide that letter. The way it was explained to me at the bank is that CBN requires it when they go to source for Forex (the Euros) to carry out your transaction. Not even a letter by the Embassy would suffice. I presented a print out from my school website giving the breakdown of living expenses. They still rejected it. Basically its a new CBN rule. Not a bank rule. So you must present it. But maybe you could try Union Bank just maybe something could be done. Before now this wasn't an issue at all.
If you try Union bank and they refuse then you may have to mail your school to issue you that letter.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Union Bank charges/rate may be a bit higher compared to Fedelity and Starling bank. But Union bank will not ask you all that. They will not put you through all that stress. The only documents required by Union banks are your Admission Letter, BSc Certificate, NYSC Discharge Certificate and a Hand Written Letter authorising them to go ahead with the transaction. Just visit Union Bank Headquarters Stallion Plaza in Marina their services is quick and effective. They carried out my own transaction and I received credit confirmation from Deutsche Bank in 3days.
jameseva:

Thank you..

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Dam12:
Hello guyz, pls does anyone know how I can get my transcript at hand. My sch (unilag) does not give out transcripts to students nt even student copy instead they send it themselves which will be time and money consuming. Pls any1/ akokaite shld kindly share how I can go about. I really need help on this, thx

What some of us do is that we ask the students record office to send the transcript to another school where we know someone that will hand it to us.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2015
victz:
Union Bank charges/rate may be a bit higher compared to Fedelity and Starling bank. But Union bank will not ask you all that. They will not put you through all that stress. The only documents required by Union banks are your Admission Letter, BSc Certificate, NYSC Discharge Certificate and a Hand Written Letter authorising them to go ahead with the transaction. Just visit Union Bank Headquarters Stallion Plaza in Marina their services is quick and effective. They carried out my own transaction and I received credit confirmation from Deutsche Bank in 3days.

I agree. This was also my experience. However I didnt even have to submit my NYSC discharge
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2015
hollaytan:

Thanks bro, i got the number from google, i have called and i was told that my case will be attended to, she also told me to SEND AN EMAIL wch i told her i have done so and i was told i will get a reply.
I sent my payment confirmation last week wednesday, i hope it was delivered

Alright. I guess what's left now is to wait & pray. Wish you the best.

@House, does anyone know for sure that the embassy and or alien office does not have access to one's motivation letter used in applying for admission?

The reason is because while applying, I went to do oversabi in my motivation letter by stating I would be quitting my job to learn German (even though its not required for my course). I eventually didn't quit my job nor learn German.
So I need to know if the embassy/alien office could have access to this information so I'll know what to say before I attend the interview.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2015
kanweYest:

@House, does anyone know for sure that the embassy and or alien office does not have access to one's motivation letter used in applying for admission?

The reason is because while applying, I went to do oversabi in my motivation letter by stating I would be quitting my job to learn German (even though its not required for my course). I eventually didn't quit my job nor learn German.
So I need to know if the embassy/alien office could have access to this information so I'll know what to say before I attend the interview.

Thanks.

oversabi= you dey lair abi?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ilias24: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2015
topbound2013:
At last...Thank God.
I finally got the visa approval mail today, I had my interview on 23rd July, it took about one month. I want to sincerely thank everyone who has kept this thread alive, providing every necessary info and tips- you guys are awesome. The names are many 'Motherly' Zeeblamj, Eke40seven, Walesby, and you.

[/b] My experience[b]
Last week Thursday i called the alien office in my City (after waiting for exactly one month), the man i spoke with told me they were still waiting for the german embassy to forward my Deutsche bank confirmation. I was shocked because i forwarded my DB confirmation 1 week after my interview. I asked him for his email, he gave me and i forwarded the document to him but he replied that he would still wait for the embassy to forward it to them before approving the visa.
When i received his response, i quickly sent a subtle reminder mail to the embassy, its content was like "I am writing because i did not receive any confirmation of receipt from the embassy when i sent my Deutsche Bank account credit confirmation last month. Kindly find the confirmation attached should it be that my earlier mail was not received".

My experience reveals that the embassy may delay visa approvals by failing to send the documents early enough as in my case.
May God hasten the approval of other visa hopefuls.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ilias24: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2015
[quote author=ilias24 post=37349264][/quote]
so u finally going o konstanz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2015
kanweYest:

Thanks.

Bro. If you are asked about that in your interview just be sincere and tell them that you couldnt quit the job amymore to learn German. They are aware that peopke make plans and circumstances change these plans. Tell them the truth about why you couldn't quit.

The VO asked me whether I had learnt German before nd I told her the truth that "I attended the Goethe Institutin May 2014 for only one day" and she entered my response into her computer. That means that the foreigners office must have seen that but they still issued my visa.

So don't be worried. Just tell them you couldn't quit and explain if they ask for reasons
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Yeah I heard of that option but the issue here is that I don't know anybody in another sch dt can help out nw
lmuhopeful:

What some of us do is that we ask the students record office to send the transcript to another school where we know someone that will hand it to us.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hello House

I need your advice as I just got admitted to cottbus for undergraduate degree in environmental and resource management. but I am a graduate of production Engineering(B.eng).My other application was unsuccessful to same course at masters level and Wind Engineering in Flengsburg.

However,I have applied for blocked account at the embassy and received visa interview date for 9th September.

Kindly advice if it is wise to go for the interview with an undergraduate admission letter considering the fact that I am 34yrs,married with a Bachelor of Engineering degree.

What is the chance of being issued a visa on a scale of 1 to 10.

Candid opinions will be appreciated as I am currently indecisive on my next step i.e to honour the interview or not.

My E-family please advise!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro. If you are asked about that in your interview just be sincere and tell them that you couldnt quit the job amymore to learn German. They are aware that peopke make plans and circumstances change these plans. Tell them the truth about why you couldn't quit.

The VO asked me whether I had learnt German before nd I told her the truth that "I attended the Goethe Institutin May 2014 for only one day" and she entered my response into her computer. That means that the foreigners office must have seen that but they still issued my visa.

So don't be worried. Just tell them you couldn't quit and explain if they ask for reasons

Thanks a lot. This sure helps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
My first question will be why you want to do a bachelors degree afresh? Next is, what will happen to your family? If you can defend these and do same at the visa office, your chances are good. My advice though, don't fund the account until you are sure the visa interview went well.
babarexo:
Hello House

I need your advice as I just got admitted to cottbus for undergraduate degree in environmental and resource management. but I am a graduate of production Engineering(B.eng).My other application was unsuccessful to same course at masters level and Wind Engineering in Flengsburg.

However,I have applied for blocked account at the embassy and received visa interview date for 9th September.

Kindly advice if it is wise to go for the interview with an undergraduate admission letter considering the fact that I am 34yrs,married with a Bachelor of Engineering degree.

What is the chance of being issued a visa on a scale of 1 to 10.

Candid opinions will be appreciated as I am currently indecisive on my next step i.e to honour the interview or not.

My E-family please advise!

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.