Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999616 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:30pm On May 19, 2015
mokaz:
Nope....it doesn't matter......you are good to go....cheers!

Thanks bro,what is the procedure involved in changing frm d blocked acc to sponsorship letter, which city are u, my school is in oldenburg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mokaz: 12:54am On May 20, 2015
I didn't use a sponsorship letter...... I am studying at BTU.

hollaytan:

Thanks bro,what is the procedure involved in changing frm d blocked acc to sponsorship letter, which city are u, my school is in oldenburg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 6:54am On May 20, 2015
mokaz:

hi bro,u studyin @BTU ? Hav bn looking for sumone who dey studying there to interact wit. I need sum informations about the school, i also want to apply to BTU cottbus
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 8:56am On May 20, 2015
mokaz:

Have seen someone with the same situation as mine in the past?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 10:04am On May 20, 2015
Dear Collins,

thank you for your e-mail.

We gladly provide you with further information about the calculation of your final grade.

As the university certificate shows, your graduation score is 3.06 (out of 5).
According to anabin, the maximum score for the bachelor's degree is 5 and the minimum passing score is 2.

The conversion from your graduation score into a German grade is carried out, using the so-called "Modifizierte Bayerische Formel":

Nmax - Nd
mark = -------------------- * 3 + 1
            Nmax - Nmin

N max (maximum mark) = 5
N min (lowest pass mark) = 2
N d (your graduation score) = 3.406

5 - 3.06
mark = -------------------- * 3 + 1 = (0,646 * 3) +1 = 1,939 + 1 = 2,939
                5 - 2

Hence, your grade is equivalent to a German grade of 2,9.
Within the German grading system the grade of 1,0 is the best possible grade and the grade of 4,0 the minimum passing grade.

Anabin clearly states that 1 means pass but 2 is the minimal grade point average for a degree.

We hope this information is helpful for you and wish you all the best for your application.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate contact us again.

Kind regards
Lina Lehmann
Arbeits- und Servicestelle für internationale Studienbewerbungen uni-assist e.V.

Please guru in the house...how true is this?...honestly m' confused.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2015
baggylips:
Dear Collins,

We gladly provide you with further information about the calculation of your final grade.

According to anabin, the maximum score for the bachelor's degree is 5 and the minimum passing score is 2.

The conversion from your graduation score into a German grade is carried out, using the so-called "Modifizierte Bayerische Formel":

Nmax - Nd
            Nmax - Nmin

N max (maximum mark) = 5

5 - 3.06
                5 - 2

Within the German grading system the grade of 1,0 is the best possible grade and the grade of 4,0 the minimum passing grade.

Anabin clearly states that 1 means pass but 2 is the minimal grade point average for a degree.

We hope this information is helpful for you and wish you all the best for your application.

Kind regards
Lina Lehmann
Arbeits- und Servicestelle für internationale Studienbewerbungen uni-assist e.V.

pls someone still help me interpret this mail...Uni-assist is still maintaining that my cgpa is 2.9 despite making 3.06/5?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by toluine56(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2015
Hello NL'ers pls respond to my previous ?s

also this studienkollerg....is it taught in german alone...and is there a language preparatory before it begins or how. Also after completion, is uni admission nd visa guaranteed... Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 11:12am On May 20, 2015
baggylips:
Dear Collins,

Nmax - Nd
            Nmax - Nmin

N max (maximum mark) = 5

5 - 3.06
                5 - 2

Kind regards
Lina Lehmann

Wrong as far as I kno.... The lowest passin grade on a scale of 5point GPA is 1 not 2. I.e 5-1 NOT 5-2..(Denominator).....Mathematically equals A german Scale of 2.45 if you recalculate which is pretty good for admission into some masters program across germany. #BestOfLuck..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 12:36pm On May 20, 2015
I think Uni-assist is making a mistake here. Let them know that your highest passing grade is 5.0 while your lowest passing grade is 1.0 and not 2.0. Going by the right calculation your CGPA conversion to German grade is 2.45 and not the 2.9 that Uni-assist calculated. You can use these link to calculate it your self and explain things to them. Your problem might be lack of detailed explanation. http://onlinemacha.com/german-grade-calculator
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 12:43pm On May 20, 2015
baggylips:
pls someone still help me interpret this mail...Uni-assist is still maintaining that my cgpa is 2.9 despite making 3.06/5?

Simply send them ur transcript, since that will show your highest and the lowest passing grade, or better still complain to them via the contact form
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 1:08pm On May 20, 2015
toluine56:
Hello NL'ers pls respond to my previous ?s

also this studienkollerg....is it taught in german alone...and is there a language preparatory before it begins or how. Also after completion, is uni admission nd visa guaranteed... Thanks

It's fully taught in german, you need at least B2 to be invited to take the entrance exam.
If you pass the entrance exam,you can be admitted to studienkolleg, some entrance exam have maths and deutsch exams.
After 2 semester you write a final exam,when you pass, you can use the result ro apply to any german university or poly.

admission is based on result and other factors but almost all students from Studienkolleg gets admissions.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by toluine56(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2015
styles2009:

It's fully taught in german, you need at least B2 to be invited to take the entrance exam.
If you pass the entrance exam,you can be admitted to studienkolleg, some entrance exam have maths and deutsch exams.
After 2 semester you write a final exam,when you pass, you can use the result ro apply to any german university or poly.

admission is based on result and other factors but almost all students from Studienkolleg gets admissions.
Thanks Styles.
So our Waec or even OND aint recognised.
Germany' s tough then.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Generalkorex(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
toluine56:

Thanks Styles.
So our Waec or even OND aint recognised.
Germany' s tough then.
you can try and obtain form @national open university,use a year transcript there or sit for advance level exam I think its acceptable.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by toluine56(m): 2:06pm On May 20, 2015
Generalkorex:

you can try and obtain form @national open university,use a year transcript there or sit for advance level exam I think its acceptable.
thanks boss..might do that meanwhile considering my other options.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Generalkorex(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2015
toluine56:

thanks boss..might do that meanwhile considering my other options.
ok
and are you science student?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by toluine56(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2015
Generalkorex:
ok and are you science student?
Sure. Computer Engr to b precise Why do you ask?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2015
hollaytan:

Simply send them ur transcript, since that will show your highest and the lowest passing grade, or better still complain to them via the contact form
it is from the transcript I sent to them that they did the calculation m' protesting about, so they already have my transcript with them.i don't know what else to do because the mail I quoted above was the reply I got from them in which they insisted that they were correct referring to Anabin as their source.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 4:20pm On May 20, 2015
baggylips:
Dear Collins,

Nmax - Nd
            Nmax - Nmin

N max (maximum mark) = 5

5 - 3.06
                5 - 2

Kind regards
Lina Lehmann

Mail them back asap and tell them the lowest grade in Nigeria is 1 and not 2. That is where the error is from
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2015
Any naija folk that got admission into leibniz universität hannover, Germany? Make una holla oooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mokaz: 5:56pm On May 20, 2015
Someone just told me that they have unanimously canceled pass as a graduating grade in the Nigerian university system..... If that's true,then the new minimum grade will be a third class and I think that's the issue here......Just what I heard though.
baggylips:
it is from the transcript I sent to them that they did the calculation m' protesting about, so they already have my transcript with them.i don't know what else to do because the mail I quoted above was the reply I got from them in which they insisted that they were correct referring to Anabin as their source.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2015
mokaz:
Someone just told me that they have unanimously canceled pass as a graduating grade in the Nigerian university system..... If that's true,then the new minimum grade will be a third class and I think that's the issue here......Just what I heard though.
Hmmm...they said something like that but it has not be implemented now and btw are the old students suppose to be affect by this new grading system?This thing is just getting complicated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 6:11pm On May 20, 2015
mokaz:

wow
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2015
mokaz:
Hmmm...they said something like that but it has not been implemented nah and btw are the old students supposed to be affected by this new grading system?This thing is just getting complicated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 8:12pm On May 20, 2015
@ baggylips go and check what is on anabin website to know what they are up too. Google it then use the info there to make a case.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
I did my interview today. Got there before d interviewer sef. 5:55 to be precise. Interview lasted about 30mins. Left d embassy at 9:30. GOT to unilag before 10:30. Wrote ny exams. All in all a Great day. By d time i turned on my phone dey had sent me a mail dat they'[ve started processing. And i should send confirmation of payment of 7980 as soon as possible. D woman fire me questions. Me sef fire am answers grin
quote author=Obiwannn post=33884645]

bro, did u cancel your appointment? or are u still going to make it on that day?[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 8:26pm On May 20, 2015
The new passing grade wasn't what affected him.
Uniasst clearly erred in their conversion.

If the pass degree were to be scrapped ,then third class will be 1(lowest possible grade) ,second class lower will be 2,second class upper will be 3,while first class will be 4( highest possible grade).
If your grade was recalculated with the above stated indices, then you should arrive at something close to 2.5 or better.
Since D will be the new passing grade, E grade will be scrapped totally ,so D will be 1 while A will be 4 .

Mail their ass and ask them to comport themselves Jor

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 8:32pm On May 20, 2015
Observation house!!! Why are pple unnecessarily ppopulating this thread with long quotes. Please kindly use "@name" to refer tro previous post. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 8:39pm On May 20, 2015
@dammymayor congrats! Mine too is on d day way oO
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 20, 2015
Danke! Good news for all of us.
kaypopps:
@dammymayor congrats! Mine too is on d day way oO
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 20, 2015
Danke! Good news for all of us. [quote author=kaypopps post=33937603]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2015
@mokaz pls hw is btu cottbus lyk.i want to send in my application 4 m.sc ERM.pls how is d job situation lyk dia.pls reply a broda so i wnt waste my 75 euro.danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2015
@Dammy, wish u success bro.
could u highlight some of d questions d woman asked u, especially via ur ties nd how u handled d questions. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.