Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998947 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Light007:
Good afternoon house...

Please help me out. I have a sponsor who is resident in stuttgart. My school is in Hanover. Is he qualified to issue a letter of sponsorship considering the distance between both states?

Thanks bosses.
yes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
Light007:
Good afternoon house...

Please help me out. I have a sponsor who is resident in stuttgart. My school is in Hanover. Is he qualified to issue a letter of sponsorship considering the distance between both states?

Thanks bosses.
Distance is not in anyway a determinant for issuing the sponsorship letter but your sponsor's financial status.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Light007: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thank you very much. Grateful.

One other question please. Does it matter if the sponsor is a friend and not a close relative?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Generalkorex(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Eke40seven:
Distance is not in anyway a determinant for issuing the sponsorship letter but your sponsor's financial status.
oga eke
sorry for d loss o.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Light007 how far with your blocked account. Have you gone to the embassy yet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Light007: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Twinkle1

Nope. Using a sponsorship letter. How are you boss.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Light007:
Twinkle1

Have you booked an appointment
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Light007:
Twinkle1

I'm aiite.. U?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by strictlynaija: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
hey peeps, I want to start my German studies, which center is d best( must be cheap tho) in Lagos?? plus if anyone has any audio or eBook, pls send to cnejieji@gmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
hello house, pls il like to know ifanyone applied to TUM's M.sc program in ESPACE or AEP( Applied and engineering physics). Or has gotten admission there.......i have a little question to ask.......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hello house, il like to know if there is any one that applied or got admitted to TUM's masters program in either ESPACE or AEP(Applied and engineering physics).......i got a question i wanna ask....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nzeBiddle(m): 2:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Hey,
Does anyone have a visa interview tomorrow?
I do ...albeit the day after ie 18th. Best of luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 17, 2015
OK... Good luck to you too

nzeBiddle:

I do ...albeit the day after ie 18th. Best of luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey:
OK... Good luck to you too

Don't forget to tell the house how it went, and what it entailed. I trust you have the Visa already.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Light007: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2015
I am good bruv. I am using a sponsorship letter and I have yet to receive the said letter. So I haven't booked for an appointment. Would do so once the letter gets to me.
twinkle1:

I'm aiite.. U?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2015
Light007:
I am good bruv. I am using a sponsorship letter and I have yet to receive the said letter. So I haven't booked for an appointment. Would do so once the letter gets to me.

Pls tell your uncle to speed up the process.
Do you leibniz universität hannover enrolment deadline.?
Do you the current situation about visa appointment booking as of today?
There is not much time Bro.

BTW. Is your course starting Summer Semester (SS) or Winter Semester (WS)?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Obiwannn:

Don't forget to tell the house how it went, and what it entailed. I trust you have the Visa already.

OK,

So first of all I am not used to Lagos at all. So I was a bit frustrated this morning.

Anyhow, I get to the embassy after trekking for 5 minutes (jjc behavior). And then I have to wait at the gate because some man caused an issue with his parked car. After they are done I finally get cleared by the one you guys call 'the fair Igbo man' who makes an error and ends up sending me to the wrong place. He attaches a paper to my appointment letter (ie email printout) saying i was for short term visa. I tried explaining but he refused to listen to me.

After the security check I get ushered once again no one listens and I end up inside the main building with other short term visa applicants. After waiting for an hour plus I get to see an interviewer who finally listens to me and sends me to the right place (back at the entrance).

I was confused and hungry (I still am Sha) tired. Luckily I was the only other (I think) student visa applicant so in three minutes I was called to start.
I was interviewed by what you guys have dubbed 'the Chinese looking woman' (nothing Chinese about her.)
She was really nice and understood I was disgruntled and confused so she took her time with me. The other lady 'the old mean one' wasn't around. (Yay!!!!)
Anyhow so she asks for my original documents then tells me to arrange the copies in two piles. I believe it is best to do this before you get there so you save time. (Have 3 sets of documents, the originals and two photocopies).

So to the interview-she asked me random questions at a point I even felt she wasn't listening to me but mind you she is typing your answers WORD FOR WORD.
So basically I was asked (in no particular order)
-What are you going for in Germany?
-Masters or Bsc?
-What did you study in undergrad?
-Why?
-What are you studying for masters?
-What are you going to do after studying?
-Does Germany have a President?
-Who?
-Who is the Chancellor?
-What do you know about Germany?
-Population?
-How many states, name them
-What do you know about Hamburg?
-Population?
-Where is your school?
-What is the capital city in the state you are going to?
-Who is your sponsor?
-What is his monthly/annual income?
-Germany's neighboring countries, name them.
-How many semesters is your course?
-Tell me ALL your courses (know this in your head biko).
-Where are you going to stay?
-What have you done to prepare yourself for studying in Germany?
-What is the name of your Uni?
-What did you submitt for your application?
-How did you submit the application?
-Are you married?
-Do you have children?

So yeah that was it, after that she told me to sit down and wait for my passport. I got it stamped and had the D written on it too and was told they would contact me by email.

PS: feel free to wear jeans.
Please do not be even one minute late, be there at least 30minutes before your appointment time.
The Igbo dude said he isn't going to play with anyone tomorrow/next week.

Hope it helps someone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
^^^^^^^^
Felicitations!!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
twinkle1:
adenjnr .. Greetings to you. Pls I'm trying to get student accommodation. Was told that if I apply I would be on waiting list studentenwerk hannover.
Pls how can I get accommodation.
I need your general advice pls
You will definitely get an accommodation with the Studentenwerk if you apply early enough, its best to stay in the student dorms for a start and if its not ok by you, then you can take your time to look for another accommodation that suit you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
adenjnr:
You will definitely get an accommodation with the Studentenwerk if you apply early enough, its best to stay in the student dorms for a start and if its not ok by you, then you can take your time to look for another accommodation that suit you.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
can somebody's brother who reside in czech republic help him to secure a sponsorship letter from the germany? i need guru in the house to respond to my question . i am looking at such possiblity since both countries are schengen areas and european union members.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey:

OK,

So first of all I am not used to Lagos at all. So I was a bit frustrated this morning.

Anyhow, I get to the embassy after trekking for 5 minutes (jjc behavior). And then I have to wait at the gate because some man caused an issue with his parked car. After they are done I finally get cleared by the one you guys call 'the fair Igbo man' who makes an error and ends up sending me to the wrong place. He attaches a paper to my appointment letter (ie email printout) saying i was for short term visa. I tried explaining but he refused to listen to me.

After the security check I get ushered once again no one listens and I end up inside the main building with other short term visa applicants. After waiting for an hour plus I get to see an interviewer who finally listens to me and sends me to the right place (back at the entrance).

I was confused and hungry (I still am Sha) tired. Luckily I was the only other (I think) student visa applicant so in three minutes I was called to start.
I was interviewed by what you guys have dubbed 'the Chinese looking woman' (nothing Chinese about her.)
She was really nice and understood I was disgruntled and confused so she took her time with me. The other lady 'the old mean one' wasn't around. (Yay!!!!)
Anyhow so she asks for my original documents then tells me to arrange the copies in two piles. I believe it is best to do this before you get there so you save time. (Have 3 sets of documents, the originals and two photocopies).

So to the interview-she asked me random questions at a point I even felt she wasn't listening to me but mind you she is typing your answers WORD FOR WORD.
So basically I was asked (in no particular order)
-What are you going for in Germany?
-Masters or Bsc?
-What did you study in undergrad?
-Why?
-What are you studying for masters?
-What are you going to do after studying?
-Does Germany have a President?
-Who?
-Who is the Chancellor?
-What do you know about Germany?
-Population?
-How many states, name them
-What do you know about Hamburg?
-Population?
-Where is your school?
-What is the capital city in the state you are going to?
-Who is your sponsor?
-What is his monthly/annual income?
-Germany's neighboring countries, name them.
-How many semesters is your course?
-Tell me ALL your courses (know this in your head biko).
-Where are you going to stay?
-What have you done to prepare yourself for studying in Germany?
-What is the name of your Uni?
-What did you submitt for your application?
-How did you submit the application?
-Are you married?
-Do you have children?

So yeah that was it, after that she told me to sit down and wait for my passport. I got it stamped and had the D written on it too and was told they would contact me by email.

PS: feel free to wear jeans.
Please do not be even one minute late, be there at least 30minutes before your appointment time.
The Igbo dude said he isn't going to play with anyone tomorrow/next week.

Hope it helps someone

Great. Wish you the best. I had my interview a week ago albeit going for a 3-month research stay. I was told i will be contacted through mail. Waiting anxiously. Scheduled to travel by July. You got any mail yet? You have an idea how long it will take to get a response/mail? please keep me posted. I'd appreciate. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
takeastep:

Great. Wish you the best. I had my interview a week ago albeit going for a 3-month research stay. I was told i will be contacted through mail. Waiting anxiously. Scheduled to travel by July. You got any mail yet? You have an idea how long it will take to get a response/mail? please keep me posted. I'd appreciate. thanks

Err, I just had my interview a couple of hours ago undecided I doubt and would be unhappy if I received an email by now.

I have no idea how long it will take, the embassy does say it takes between 6-8werks for them to make their decision, I've heard some people getting responses a month later though.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey:

Err, I just had my interview a couple of hours ago undecided I doubt and would be unhappy if I received an email by now.

I have no idea how long it will take, the embassy does say it takes between 6-8werks for them to make their decision, I've heard some people getting responses a month later though.

Cool. I'll wait patiently. Fasting and prayer mode activated!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
uchezdedon:

Like how long did the interview took

I didn't have a watch but it didn't last very long.

I was standing throughout the whole process and I didn't feel uncomfortable. So a rough estimate would be 10+ minutes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Light007: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
twinkle1:

Pls tell your uncle to speed up the process.
Do you leibniz universität hannover enrolment deadline.?
Do you the current situation about visa appointment booking as of today?
There is not much time Bro.

BTW. Is your course starting Summer Semester (SS) or Winter Semester (WS)?
My course starts WS. Im tempted to use the blocked account to book for an appointment. Then I'll use the sponsorship letter when its time for interview. I dont know if that is allowed. Please house help out with insight. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey:

You know it wouldn't make sense to receive a mail so soon sha cool
Chillax jor!!! You'd be contacted in three weeks. grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Light007: 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
PLEASE HOUSE HELP OUT...

CAN I TENDER A SPONSORSHIP LETTER AT THE VISA INTERVIEW AFTER USING A BLOCKED ACCOUNT SLIP IN BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT?

THIS IS BECAUSE MY SPONSORSHIP LETTER MIGHT NOT BE READY TILL NEXTWEEK AND TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

THANKS PEOPLE.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ahbbiey.. Hello ma'am pls what time was your interview and what time did you arrive at the embassy.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
Light007:
PLEASE HOUSE HELP OUT...

CAN I TENDER A SPONSORSHIP LETTER AT THE VISA INTERVIEW AFTER USING A BLOCKED ACCOUNT SLIP IN BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT?

THIS IS BECAUSE MY SPONSORSHIP LETTER MIGHT NOT BE READY TILL NEXTWEEK AND TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

THANKS PEOPLE.
I will advice you wait for your letter, doing the other way is a desperate move and that's a red flag to the embassy. Next week is around the corner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.