Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996640 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 8:17am On Jun 24, 2015
Thanks bro..i'm gonna wait till 2pm for collection? can i come the followin day?

Wanna go now...is dat advisable considering the crowd...i should be dia by 9am iffa leave by 8:20.

kaypopps:
prepare 3 sets of the docs, add the copy of your passport data page and go the consulate btw 8-11 am. make sure you have your passport. after you have been attended to, you will have till 2pm for collection on that day. grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2015
@ kelvinpam get there by 7am so that you can be attended to. after you have been attended to, you can go and do whatever you want to do and return by 2pm. i dont now if can collect it the next day but nothing is impossible. it would have to be during the next day collection hour tho'. you can go right away but be advised, people may full there o. remember to include your application forms withe docs ooo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2015
Kelvinpam:
Thanks bro..i'm gonna wait till 2pm for collection? can i come the followin day?

Wanna go now...is dat advisable considering the crowd...i should be dia by 9am iffa leave by 8:20.

Make sure you have the application form with each set of documents.

It depends where you'll be heading from. for you to leave around 8:20 and get to the embassy by 9am this morning simply means you live around cms, obalende, bonny camp, VI, Ikoyi. also, ensure your documents are arranged in ascending or descending order. while the photocopies should also be in the same order. That Akwa-Ibom/Calabar man will not take it lightly with you, he may even bounce you back for improper arrangement. so please take note. As for the collection time, Its usually between the hour of 12:00 - 12:45pm, I don't know about next day collection but you'll be asked to come back by 12 for collection.

But, Why must you have to wait this late before applying. undecided

Wishing you all the best !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2015
dolpaz:

It depends where you'll be heading from. for you to leave around 8:20 and get to the embassy by 9am this morning simply means you live around cms, obalende, bonny camp, VI, Ikoyi. also, ensure your documents are arranged in ascending or descending order. while the photocopies should also be in the same order. That Akwa-Ibom/Calabar man will not take it lightly with you, he may even bounce you back for improper arrangement. so please take note. As for the collection time, Its usually between the hour of 12:00 - 12:45pm, I don't know about next day collection but you'll be asked to come back by 12 for collection.

forgive me, i meant 12pm for collection.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2015
sternosa:
Can someone please help me with a list of English speaking tuition-free German universities?
Thanks.

I should not be doing this but check daad.de

You should do your own research even if it is reading this thread from page 1.

This your question has been answered over 50 times!

No one will or should give you a such a list.

Please sit up!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 8:52am On Jun 24, 2015
Kelvinpam:

If you know you can't make it to the embassy before 10:am, then don't trouble self because that Ibo looking man can be so mean. Like dolpaz has said, make sure you arrange both photocopies and originals in the same order, if not na to go back and come back the following day even if you use the whole day to plead; he will not listen to you. As for the collection, just make sure you go back by exactly 12. On my own day, I went back around 12:22, "the thing wey my mouth see in the man's hand, my eyes no fit talk am grin" before he finally gave me my doc. Best of luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 9:33am On Jun 24, 2015
OK..thanks bro.

I'll leave it till morrow then...to avoid stories.

Ma brother i got 3 offers from UK schools..I had to change ma mind last minute cos mehn i weighed the advantages and disadvantages on both sides.

I get to pay about 17k pounds for a 1 yr course without undergoin any experience watsoeva after studies. Common it ain't worth it.

Cc: Tanks honourableseyi and kaypopps

dolpaz:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 9:37am On Jun 24, 2015
I would advise those that needs to do certification to pls use the High Court or a Notarist .The whole process is getting very hot now. Was at the embassy today around 7:30 to sign my blocked account and I was told I was late and the ibo man told me come back nextweek. Samething for some folks I saw that wanted to certify docx. Rather than delay ur admission process, pls endeavour to check alternatives. I would av used an alternative for the blocked account if I could though..That Ibo/calabar/akwaibom man no nyc at all ooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2015
Kelvinpam:
OK..thanks bro.

I'll leave it till morrow then...to avoid stories.

Ma brother i got 3 offers from UK schools..I had to change ma mind last minute cos mehn i weighed the advantages and disadvantages on both sides.

I get to pay about 17k pounds for a 1 yr course without undergoin any experience watsoeva after studies. Common it ain't worth it.

Cc: Tanks honourableseyi and kaypopps

Certification is done Monday- Wednesday, 8am - 10am. You will have to wait till next week to get it done. Meanwhile, if your schools didn't stipulated it that it must be done at the embassy, why can't you use high court since your deadline is around the corner. It is around #200 per page.Bearing in mind that, it will take minimum of 3 days before the doc gets to Germany through either fedex or DHL

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Walesby:
I would advise those that needs to do certification to pls use the High Court or a Notarist .The whole process is getting very hot now. Was at the embassy today around 7:30 to sign my blocked account and I was told I was late and the ibo man told me come back nextweek. Samething for some folks I saw that wanted to certify docx. Rather than delay ur admission process, pls endeavour to check alternatives. I would av used an alternative for the blocked account if I could though..That Ibo/calabar/akwaibom man no nyc at all ooo

7:30? I thought the embassy opens officially by 8? How come?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2015
honourableseyi:

7:30? I thought the embassy opens officially by 8? How come?
believe that bro, thats all I can say.. As ridiculous and unreasonable as it seems....IT IS TRUE... Some pple ar already inside by 7am.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Walesby:
believe that bro, thats all I can say.. As ridiculous and unreasonable as it seems....IT IS TRUE... Some pple ar already inside by 7am.

Chaiiiiiii. Wetin pain me pass be say, this ibo man na naija guy ooooooooo. What if he is a German?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2015
Mr Walesby is the certification by high court accepted?

How come no1 is toking about it? People rather spend all day in queues at the german embassy than use the court method.

There must be a reason. Is it cos its free @ embassy whereas the court demands a fee ?

Walesby:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2015
Jeez...Now i just messed up...didnt know it was mondays to wednesdays.

Trutok seyi...abeg help out with any court i could use fasten this process.

honourableseyi:

Certification is done Monday- Wednesday, 8am - 10am. You will have to wait till next week to get it done. Meanwhile, if your schools didn't stipulated it that it must be done at the embassy, why can't you use high court since your deadline is around the corner. It is around #200 per page.Bearing in mind that, it will take minimum of 3 days before the doc gets to Germany through either fedex or DHL
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ilias24: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2015
good day guys, pls is there anybody going to university of konstanz or has already been there. pls I need help. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2015
Kelvinpam:

How come no1 is toking about it? People rather spend all day in queues at the german embassy than use the court method.

There must be a reason. Is it cos its free @ embassy whereas the court demands a fee ?

yea it is.. it would prolly cost a token. Depends on ur negotiating skills
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 24, 2015
How we go take yan?
kaypopps:
@dammymayor see ehn my fone get problem.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 24, 2015
I wonder why everybody dey always complain about dis igbo man. If nt for dat man in dat place that embassy can never be organised like dat. When u get there sef u will hate d place. Nigerians can be stubborn and disobedient. If anyvody here has ever been to the indian embassy u will know what im ralking about. That place dey be like oshodi market sometimes. To me d guy dey try. Besides he is only following instructions.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kelvinpam:

@Kelvin, people have talked and preached about how to certify/notarize your document right from thread1. Except specifically stated by your intended institution to use the embassy, then by all means circumvent that process.

There are several options available:

1. Ikeja High Court: Simply go to the High Court beside the general hospital and get one of the ladies there to help you take it to a notary public to certify for you. Negotiations will vary between 200naira to 400naira per page (advice: form regular customer and stick to 250naira per page). Another option is to go straight to the office of a notary public inside the high court but that may mean higher price because those lawyers know their agents (my 2cents).

2. Igbosere High Court, Lagos Island: The same process as above applies here only that the negotiations is usually on the entire bulk of document so it may end up being a bit more expensive.

3. Lagos State Secretariat (Ministry of Justice): They supposedly have a department that handles certification of document and negotiations are based on the whole lot.

The above is also applicable to all states in Nigeria and not restricted to Lagos. The whole process takes about 10-20mins, so for those under pressure to send their docs have all your docs already packaged to send, complete certification and sealing, walk down medical road (street beside nipost ikeja (only for lagosian grin) and you will find Fedex and courierplus offices to send your docs immediately. If Dhl is the better option (student fee things) then google their office in ikeja and proceed.

All the best to everyone.

@jetjet: we are still waiting for your exposition oooo. EU BlueCard things. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olompa: 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
dammymayor:
I wonder why everybody dey always complain about dis igbo man. If nt for dat man in dat place that embassy can never be organised like dat. When u get there sef u will hate d place. Nigerians can be stubborn and disobedient. If anyvody here has ever been to the indian embassy u will know what im ralking about. That place dey be like oshodi market sometimes. To me d guy dey try. Besides he is only following instructions.
True talk bro. The man is really trying

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
stevemims:
Bro, did u use a sponsorship letter or blocked acct?

I didnt use any of both. I'm actually going for a 3-month research at the University of Hamburg; a prelude to my Phd which i hope to commence after the 3 months stay. My host will be paying me 1000 Euro monthly for the period of stay. It was written boldly in the letter of invitation. So i didnt need to show forth any sort of financial muscle; just my credentials, required documents and proof of work experience.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
GoldHorse:

Congratulations!!!!

thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
dammymayor:

Bro, I want to tell you categorically that the same treatment is not applicable for German. During my hours there, a naija girl was going for visitation, but this came in late but with a German boyfriend. If you see as this guy was going up and down as if he is the owner of the embassy. They asked from the girl the kind of visa she is applying for, that is it tourism, visitation or family re-union but the girl couldn't answer but this her German friend came to the rescue, collect the doc from her and gave it to the man which the man attended to straight up. Assuming, it was only this girl that was there, na to go and come back. Yes, people can be so stubborn; but I pray you will not fall into his overbearing actions one day. Not everyone is aware of nairaland where you can get more information. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
After 5 rejections from 5 different research Universities. I became frustrated not knowing what to do. It was that same frustration that led me to applying to two more schools last week Thursday. Eke40seven kept on encouraging me to relax. That good news is coming on the way.

After an interview that was conducted by University of Tubingen last week Tuesday. I was able to answer all the questions that was asked to the best of my ability except one that I screwed up. On Monday being the 22nd of June. University of Tubingen offered me admission to study MSc in Management and Economics.
The next day Anhalt University of Applied Sciences offered me another admission to study MBA in International Trade.

It's not by my own power, It is by the grace of God because my CGPA was low. Though Am still awaiting final decision from TUM. I thank God almighty for making these happen.

Good luck to fellow nairalanders that are still waiting for admission. Eke40seven has been such a wonderful brother and friend. He has always been there to guide me through the whole application process. May God continue to bless him. My people make una help me thank God. Some of you may not really understand what I went through. It's only those that have low CGPA like me that will understand better.

Na Godwin!

12 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
honourableseyi:

Bro, I want to tell you categorically that the same treatment is not applicable for German. During my hours there, a naija girl was going for visitation, but this came in late but with a German boyfriend. If you see as this guy was going up and down as if he is the owner of the embassy. They asked from the girl the kind of visa she is applying for, that is it tourism, visitation or family re-union but the girl couldn't answer but this her German friend came to the rescue, collect the doc from her and gave it to the man which the man attended to straight up. Assuming, it was only this girl that was there, na to go and come back. Yes, people can be so stubborn; but I pray you will not fall into his overbearing actions one day. Not everyone is aware of nairaland where you can get more information. Shalom
Germans can do anything they like at their embassy and get away with it, when I was in the Gambia we protested at Nigerian embassy and hold the ambassador to ransom until he beg us and promise to look into our grievances but Gambians cannot try that, German's are free to roam about in their embassy and the embassy official will even give them tea to drink, in Gambia then the embassy use to give glass of tea to Nigerians on a visit

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olompa: 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Eke40seven:

So na your testimony be first!! congrats

@kingsleylikeme, na wa for you o. Why are you confused. Contact the Bremen connections like Realk1, Justcul and co from the old thread, they all got their admission and visa in Bremen last winter.
Please Oga Eke40seven can I get ur contact
Thank u
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rayhut:

Germans can do anything they like at their embassy and get away with it, when I was in the Gambia we protested at Nigerian embassy and hold the ambassador to ransom until he beg us and promise to look into our grievances but Gambians cannot try that, German's are free to roam about in their embassy and the embassy official will even give them tea to drink, in Gambia then the embassy use to give glass of tea to Nigerians on a visit

Read my post very well. I am not saying German can not do anything they like at their embassy. The girl in question is a Nigerian and not German. The guy is not applying for anything but the girl. Have you u been to the embassy before or pass through what we are talking about? Have you ever imagined someone coming all the way from PH to certify doc, got to Lagos on Tuesday, went to the embassy on Wednesday but just because he put WAEC where he suppose to have put certificate unknowingly, this is something you can quickly change and re-arrange but poom!!!! go and come back next Monday. How will you feel?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Its d same thing. They were together. He can walk in and out of there as he likes with anybody he brings along. Besides if u put mind in what ur doing u wont make mistakes. I been there 5 times. I never get one issue. because i take d time to ensure i get there early, bring everything i need. This is nt a matter of germany or nt. Some people just like being embarrassed. Police for my area don tire to dey stop me. because i always have everything complete and updated. If u stop me u dey waste ur time. Anytime im there i just laugh because u see all sorts of issues. Someone filled d worng passpoert number on his form once when i was there. ARe u kid? Dis is something sensitive and u xant take d pains to cross check. Its shows ur nt serious na. The truth is bitter but truth is truth. If ur a victim of his harsh treatment its simply because u didnt do what u were supposed to do. Simple. No need to drag d matter. Put uself in d man's shoes also. D guy must be frustrated. All kinds of excuses. All kinds of issues. The man must be very frustrated. E get some jobs wey u no fit be mr nice guy o. Dis is one of dem. To d best of my knowledge only germans and people with medical challenge have special treatment. D day i went a Brit was there. No special treatment. D guy follow us queue better 45mins before he entered.
honourableseyi:

Read my post very well. I am not saying German can not do anything they like at their embassy. The girl in question is a Nigerian and not German. The guy is not applying for anything but the girl. Have you u been to the embassy before or pass through what we are talking about? Have you ever imagined someone coming all the way from PH to certify doc, got to Lagos on Tuesday, went to the embassy on Wednesday but just because he put WAEC where he suppose to have put certificate unknowingly, this is something you can quickly change and re-arrange but poom!!!! go and come back next Monday. How will you feel?

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
@pompido forgot to add that u xan also certify in ur school. That was where i did mine. If ur close to ur school u can do it there. ANd unlike court which some schools wont accept there is no argument with this one. Its as good as certifying in embassy.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
takeastep:

I didnt use any of both. I'm actually going for a 3-month research at the University of Hamburg; a prelude to my Phd which i hope to commence after the 3 months stay. My host will be paying me 1000 Euro monthly for the period of stay. It was written boldly in the letter of invitation. So i didnt need to show forth any sort of financial muscle; just my credentials, required documents and proof of work experience.
Ok sir. Congrats, i wish you a safe trip.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ilias24: 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
good day guys, pls is there anybody going to university of konstanz or has already
been there. pls I need help. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
I was so surprised guys. I have been searching "Euro to Naira exchange rate" on google for the past one month and I have been monitoring the trend but today I went to some BDCs point to make some exchange, I planned for 230 max cuz even online its 225.something but I was bewildered not only cuz they all insisted on 250 but I was told that's the best I could get. Pls is this just a contrivance of the highest perfection or something ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.