Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,611 members, 7,851,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba (21924 Views)

Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law / The Booby Traps Before Buhari – Olisa Agbakoba. / New Buhari Supporters..why Didnt You Support Buhari In previous elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Louislewis: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=20pt]@ Babaolofin

My question to you is this, must truth be far away from our lips because you want to win an election? Must we be killing our people and accusing the other because you want to win an election? [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Amitex(m): 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
babaolofin:
Mike Ozekome, Olisa Agbakoba and some other few lawyers from the same two regional blocs currently feeding fat on impoverished Nigerian economy have been looking at other ways of making the election easy for Jonathan.

In the history of Nigeria and even in the history of South Africa since the removal of apartheid, A major political party has never made it a matter of must for a non opposing presidential aspirant. I watched as PDP through Anyim, Muazu and Mark refused any other entrant into the race except GEJ. They now make a mockery of the whole situation having frustrated other aspirants earlier and just few days to the closure of the excercise, Tafawa Balewa grandson and one or two other aspirants came forward and later withdrew from the race because of earlier observation by the international community over the refusal of PDP secretariat to give them presidential election primary application form. The PDP secretariat said the party has adopted GEJ as her sole candidate.

In 2011, GEJ climbed the back of OBJ and headed for primary against the Turaki Adamawa (Alh. Atiku). The Turaki front, the PDM and SDP ground soldiers were humiliated. He enjoyed the victory till date. Afterward, other people have joined him. He embarrassed and humiliated the South West, till date the major projects in South West (Lagos - Ibadan and Ore - Sagamu) with Loan taken through infrastructured bank for part financed is still dragging. These roads could not be completed when crude was sold at over 100 dollar/barrel
now with crude variation at between 45 - 55 dollar, we have to rely on external loan and introduction of toll gates to recoup the money.
He should point to what he has done in South West.

Having succeeded as the only candidate for the PDP, the next move is to make him either adopted by other political parties or disqualify the major opposition party aspirant thereby making him the sole candidate for the election.

Abacha with the connivance of people like Jim Nwobodo was adopted by all political parties for presidential election in 1998. He died before the election.

OBJ contested with Ekwueme and others, though Ekwueme is a major contender. During NPN, SDP and NRC and even in first republic, Nigeria has never witnessed an autocratic single party/single candidate democracy. Having rode through OBJ in 2010/2011 and today, he claimed God never used anybody to assist him, he said GOD himself is his Godfather only angels and holy spirit fought for him to the presidency.

The Almighty God and the gods of Nigeria where OBJ fought WAR and served and even his son in Army sustained bullet injury in an encounter with Boko Haram will judge him and Obj. Thousands of ants can not lift a sugar, the hands of a child cannot enclosed an Iginla tree, they will only be confusing themselves. Egberun eera o gbe sugar kan, Owo omode oka igi ose, won a a ma d'oyi kan ni. A river that forgets his source will definitely dry.

When a battle get to a war front there is no any technicality to disqualify your opponent other than to fight to victory or to perish. Also, when a boxing or wrestling tournament has gotten to ring stage,, all the contenders need to do is to practicalise all the boasts they have made before the tournament by beating there opponents.

Only lazy, timid, coward and unserious person look for opponent disqualification at knockout stage. If APC is still talking about GEJ disqualification having been sworn - in as president two (2) times, then, it means they are not serious.

I had a short career though in the modern Nigeria, I know that only photocopy of credentials are collected by authority during screening/interview and enlistment. In the colonial or post colonial military era and in some cases when photocopiers are not available and no business center, It means the authority collects the original, photocopy it and return it to the cadet (this is my personal assumption). A military career that spans many years of relocation and training local and abroad, anything could have happened. If Obj or Gen Adeyinka cannot find the original school certificates does that means they are not educated up to school certificate level?

Your story is too long. But I patiently read through.

Go to NASA site and watch how rockets are launched. A rocket needs the propeller to take off/lifted off the ground. After it achieve its on momentum and in space, it discards the propeller and focus on its assignment. OBJ was GEJ propeller. As a rocket, GEJ is charting his own course for the good of Nigerians (you and I). The propeller has tried and it is time to discard it.
As for candidates disqualification, no one wants that to happen, but the laws of the land must be obeyed. If you are coming to equity, you come with clean hands. You cannot fight corruption if your foundation was laid in corruption. All we ask from Buhari is his certificate that qualified him to join NDA. PERIOD!!! OR IS THiS TOO MUCH TO ASK FROM A PROSPECTIVE PRESIDENT

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Heroic(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
[b][/b][/size][size=8pt]Now that's a legal appraisal of the situation. I totally go by it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by rusher14: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Amitex:

Which section of the constitution please? Or this is your proposed amendment.

INEC is not the interpreter of the laws, the court are. For me I know PDP will win anytime. It is so bad for APC because when they lose, going to court will be bad market. PDP will cash in on the certificates saga in court that APC and Buhari will be exhausted and finished.
As far as we can see, PDP now have good ground to rig as much as possible and then wait for the courts. Too bad for Tinubu. He may be the biggest loser as Lagos will fall on 28 February 2015. The bandwagon effect will sweep through the South West, except Amosu.

That quote was from the Nigerian Constitution section 318 part 4 - interpretation, citation and commencement.

Don't mention.
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by dailywealth1967: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Prophesy:GEJ would be disqualified for presenting fake PHD certificate.VP Sambo will be disqualified for fake certificate while Buhari will be disqualified for no certificate.Dear Nigerians,both APC & PDP Presidential candidate s would be disqualified.Define intervention. Next president is neither GEJ nor Buhari.Do you want to know the next President?
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Go to court or STFU! #change2015!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Olisa Agbakoba should STFU or go to court if he has any evidence against General Muhammadu Buhari. I am sick and tired of his empty rant in the media disturbing the peace of patriotic Nigerians. I challenge him to Go to court

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Seenyo:
Go to court or STFU! #change2015!
The guy is a coward

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
naijaforlife:
These Buhari certificate and age issues that the PDP and its supporters has turned to the main issues in the forthcoming election is rather annoying and a manifestation of the fact that they have nothing to show for the past or a vision for the future. Even more annoying is the fact that some supposedly learned persons are joining the bandwagon. If in the previous elections it was sufficient to state whether an aspirant has the minimum educational attainment, it would not have been necessary for Buhari to show his cert. In the current dispensation, however, where it is required, an affidavit stating where the claimed records are for verification has been stated. Although, nothing stops the APC from obtaining a certified copy from the Military Board, it is not for the public to coerce them to doing so as long as INEC is satisfied with what has been tendered. One thing I know is that PDP would rather wish that the election is settled even before February 14, 2015 if really they know that there is a case in the certificate issue. On Buhari's age saga, as long as there is no age limit for aspirants, then it is no issue. That should be APC's headache if they so wish to field GMB as their Presidential aspirant. The process that produced him was both transparent and inclusive even attracting commendations from Dr. Doyin Okupe (needs no introduction). There was a national convention where five aspirants from different geo-political zones of the country contested and were duly represented. None of the aspirants has since complained about the outcome. Rather, they have been working together. In my opinion, the PDP is indirectly doing APC a favour by leaving the issues that concern Nigerians but focusing on fabricated stories about Buhari's health records, daughter's education and residency abroad, family life etc. What a shame!
A leader should lead by example, APC have not led by example concerning these issues.
Oshiomole did it, the supreme court said it was a pre election issue. So it's not the fault of people saying he should provide evidence before election. cos the people of Nigeria are tied of this confusion APC are always bringing, they did it before they succeeded but now they won't succeed it. Nigerians are now wise

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by OLADD: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
ayusco85:
Even if he presentis his nepa bill as his certificate, people will still vote for him. People are tired of PDP and their bad luck and ineptitude.
GMB till thy kinddom come

Yes, people who are not in their right senses, people whose lives are characterised with mediocrity and mischief would still vote for him. Of what benefit is a "change" if it is from frying pan to fire? Well, no matter what, Buhari will not win next Feb polls.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by naijaforlife: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
In my opinion, the burden of proof is on those who claim Buhari does not possess the qualification whose certificate he has tendered an affidavit. INEC was even clear enough to say that whoever has a case should go to the court. Something tells me that PDP only wants to create distractions. The PDP I know would like to win outright by working towards GMB's disqualification if really there is a case. There are no other candidates APC can present now to attract such national support it enjoys on the GMB/PYO ticket. APC's quiet may also be a strategy not to play to the gallery as PDP would want it to. I also assume I have read here on Nairaland sometime earlier this month that the Military Board said they have the said copies of the certificate. Benefits of the doubt can therefore, be given that the cert is missing either through the IBB invasion or somehow. Moreover, WASC is a West Africa - wide exam whose confirmation can be made. Our dear respected SAN can have such search as an extension of his efforts to unravel the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Monimatic:
Buhari show us ur certificate
Buhari also show us ur medical reports, it clear you are sick,
To prove doubting thomases wrong, show us ur medical reports that u are not sick, then we will vote for u, we don't want another Yaradua.

I fear Nigerians o
Even the details of his prostate have surfaced
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Manty(m): 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
duni04:
At the rate Jonathan's people are digging up dirt on Buhari, he may not have any supporters left by Feb 14. There's just so much dirt on someone whose only selling point is honesty.

He should take his honesty to d market, I guest he would sell well. I wonder how he would fight corruption when he can't see clearly. In my village if a 72 years old man dies. It is usually written in his obituary poster we are happy to announce d "Gloriuos exit" of our father, grand father and great grand father. I wonder waitin grandpa dey find for Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by stupor(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by DobleO7: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
ayusco85:
Even if he presentis his nepa bill as his certificate, people will still vote for him. People are tired of PDP and their bad luck and ineptitude.
GMB till thy kinddom come

You are not people, Mr. You are you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=16pt]It is a known fact, that, in the northern part of this country you can attain to any height without certificates. This is the case of Buhari. This is the simple truth, nothing but the truth. They will push you through your primary school level, with or without a pass. The same thing happens when going in for secondary school and university degrees, with or without necessary requirement. This was applicable to him (Buhari) in his days as a military man. Is this deficiency not enough proof and glaring why he was clueless during his era as a military Head of State? It was Tunde Idiagbon that was vocal and vibrant in terms of achievement during his tenure. He is only leaving on the pasted glory of the achievement of that man (Idiagbon)[/size]

Does anyone remember during some teacher verification exercise in some northern states and it was discovered that majority of the teachers had no certificates while others who produced certificates inherited the certificates from family members and were reaching with them.
Na today?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by codedguy1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
I wonder how Osinbajo, a professor of law and a pastor will interprete this Buhari's certficate issue after examining what the constitution says.

Its a shame some people are hell bent in turning logic on its head because they want an incumbent out.

And to say the onus is on the accuser to prove that Buhari does not have cert is laughable, he does not have so they have nothing to produce, him that says he has should be the one to show the cert and shame evrybody!

This naija is a wonderful country!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by upcrown2512(m): 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
General! !!!!!!!!!
Because of politics some people cannot recognized what it takes to be a General in comparison with today certificate.
Those who will listen and hear will do. While those who will pretend will never never believe even when they see.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by koikoi2(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
barcanista:
The guy is a coward

The guy is a SAN meaning Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

Satisfied?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Forwetinnah: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
duni04:
At the rate Jonathan's people are digging up dirt on Buhari, he may not have any supporters left by Feb 14. There's just so much dirt on someone whose only selling point is honesty.

Honest - gini?? Except that word has another meaning, how honest has he been about a lot of things. Tinubu and OBJ the master puppeteers have failed this time

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by dougivilla(m): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
eleojo23:
Not even a photocopy can be found?
If he had it before but can't find it now, it only shows carelessness.
How come a photograph of him in the lie lie school he claimed to have gone found its way into the Internet but the certificate has remained elusive? From military board to IBB to where else? Grand pa GMB go soon tell INEC say the original dey with Maurice Iwu!!!! Who be mumu?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by frank043(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
PStacks:
Its such a pity how a prophet has no honour in his Home town.

Far away United States of America, an Army General, the Commandant of the US War College as at the Time Buhari was in America spoke so glowingly about Buhari, but here we are in Nigeria, people just want to smear the old man. Talk rubbish about him.

Ok, Buhari is an Illitrate. GEJ is a PhD holder.

A PhD holder that can't handle criticism and calls his Predecessor a Motor Park Tout, tell me, of what value is his PhD, if he can't even compose himself or talk sensibly in public.

The truth of the matter is, I'l rather have a collected illitrate than a disorganised PhD holder handle affairs of this country.

That settles if for me.

Rubbish!!!...There is no quantum of sense in this your post. Mtchewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Forwetinnah: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
dailywealth1967:
Prophesy:GEJ would be disqualified for presenting fake PHD certificate.VP Sambo will be disqualified for fake certificate while Buhari will be disqualified for no certificate.Dear Nigerians,both APC & PDP Presidential candidate s would be disqualified.Define intervention. Next president is neither GEJ nor Buhari.Do you want to know the next President?

Sorry hioo..i hear wetin happen to you!! Both Northerners would be disqualified, no wahala but GEJ dey gidigbam? Why??!! Because we don't joke with Education in the South..forget the PHD, GEJs BSc is very much intact which is the basic requirement for a Presidential candidate according to the new electoral act

1 Like

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by Forwetinnah: 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
BonaVIta:
Buhari is acting a movie without knowing. I trust nollywood, they will soon force us all to smile while staring @ the television.

I'm just imagining who will play Comedian Buhari's part.

Just tire of this missing certs news, this is just embarrassing.

The annoying thing is that the man had ALL the time to get his act together but he didn't. All he wants is to return to power at all cost, such impunity??!! This is an eye opener to all those born to rule clowns..una must go schools and pass una exams. Nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by omolami: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Inec should,as a matter of necessity withdraw the publication of buharis nomination and write him officially to show his credentials since affidafit is not a substitute here.Failing to do so makes inec partisan.
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by killuminati(m): 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nonsense argument!
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by dougivilla(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
fkaz:

Olisa only buttresses Buhari claim, one thing olisa should tell nigerians is that if nigeria constitution recognise AFFIDAVT or NOT
An affidavit should state what happened to the certificate if it cannot be tendered,; something like: "got lost in transit or the likes", not where we should go and look for it. Now tell me who we should believe: Grand pa GMB or APC that have stated that certificate is with IBB?
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by tanimola22: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
kennygee:
So when did it get to the Military board and why haven't they released it?

By the way, doesn't this test result show he has Prostrate cancer?

#AnotherYar'aduaHasComeToRule.

I won't let this go. Men do not die of prostrate cancer, they die with prostrate cancer, provided other body parts function optimally.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by 9jii(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
shikaan:

Just wen i think our country is bcomin better, i hear sumbody say following the rules is distraction.. jehovah!!!!!!
?
Re: Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba by edgyslim: 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kenai:
A man who claims he wants to stamp out corruption, but wants the laws of the country twisted in his favour, is a completely clueless hypocrite.

But the word clueless is synonymous with ur principal.

His royal cluelessness.

#gej

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / Senate Rejects CBN Proposal To Punish People For Ownership Of Forex / $600m Jets’ Deal Raises US Imports Of Nigeria’s Crude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.