Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad (20051 Views)

Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Therich Move Families Abroad, Weare All Baga / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, Ceos Move Families Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by shaggzy640(m): 6:33am On Jan 18, 2015
humm
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by bebe2(f): 11:08am On Jan 18, 2015
AreaFada2:

Na common worry o, the thing be to take them kids home as often as possible.
But years from now when bone don drink oil (By God's grace), this cold nor go good for body again.
So na to go home someday. The kids can manage here, na their cont3.

But I get your point. How much can you trust people to run things for you??

I just lost a relative here some weeks back. Na so him people for 9ja use am wipe floor. All his money wasted.
Now he dey plan to go home see for himself, he just died. Where the attack come from, only God knows.

After they chop ur money, u go dey fear to even ask.

May God protect us and bless our hustle

Amen o
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by bebe2(f): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Invest where you live. The ones in Nigeria will continue to entice you to come snd invest in Nigeria because they stand to gain from it. Otherwise they will not bother you. As for your kids, take them to Nigeria 10x in a year, it will still not make them move to Nigeria. Some of us that grew up a little bit in Nigeria can hardly stand Nigeria talk of full bred nominal Nigerians.
You investment will be more secured outside Nigeria. I have tried both worlds and I still better knowing that I have more control over what is not in Nigeria. Outside the country, I only worry about taxation. In Nigeria, you worry about NEPA, relations, witches and wizards, envy, scsmmers, local authorities, etc. Wahala too much.
Your house may be in Nigeria but Nigeria is not a home.
/

Dats wat am leaning towards now.

Those pple don almost chop me dry.

But oyinbo wahala too much. Dem go questions every single pound in ur acct. And if for any reason u enter trouble all will be confiscated.

If u owe for any reason they will search and find all ur properties.

E be like say I go jeje use my money wear designers o

I don tire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by NROS: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
cryWhen will Nigeria be wiped out of Aborminable act. I feel sick at the ILL names nigerians have both home and abroad. Shia ehhhh
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by NROS: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
@Inverted hammer .........true talk
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by InvertedHammer: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
bebe2:

Dats wat am leanimansionsards now.

Those pple don almost chop me dry.

But oyinbo wahala too much. Dem go questions every single pound in ur acct. And if for any reason u enter trouble all will be confisated.

If u owe for any reason they will search and find all ur properties.

E be like say I gbetter use my money wear designers o

I don tire.
/
You can always buy land and properties.
Lands tend to appreciate well over time.
Properties will be in case you may need some loans in future. The rent will only be good for 2 years. After 2 years, come see tenants' wahala. Give it to a lawyer or property manager, that one na another drain pipe. Go to court, your wahala don double.
Once you have your kids abroad, don't entertain the idea say dem go ever move back to Nigeria. If naija too sweet, why you comot?

Even as an adult, if u enter naija na to dey ppray well make accident no jam u. Every hospital go deny assistance till you psy snd produce police report. What sane person will expose themselves to such unnecessary danger?

People die everywhere in the world, but in Nigeria it is "guaranteed" which is why people live by the day. If in doubt, try selling life insurance in Nigeria.

If u live in UK or USA, think of all d ppl wey build mansions in Nigeria thinking say na to retire and enjoy. They stay in the mansion wetin no reach 2 months in a year or two. Next time wey dem go retire for that mansion na for inside casket. Their children cannot go to naija to drag properties with covetous uncles and aunties.

2 Likes

Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by bebe2(f): 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You can always buy land and properties.
Lands tend to appreciate well over time.
Properties will be in case you may need some loans in future. The rent will only be good for 2 years. After 2 years, come see tenants' wahala. Give it to a lawyer or property manager, that one na another drain pipe. Go to court, your wahala don double.
Once you have your kids abroad, don't entertain the idea say dem go ever move back to Nigeria. If naija too sweet, why you comot?

Even as an adult, if u enter naija na to dey ppray well make accident no jam u. Every hospital go deny assistance till you psy snd produce police report. What sane person will expose themselves to such unnecessary danger?

People die everywhere in the world, but in Nigeria it is "guaranteed" which is why people live by the day. If in doubt, try selling life insurance in Nigeria.

If u live in UK or USA, think of all d ppl wey build mansions in Nigeria thinking say na to retire and enjoy. They stay in the mansion wetin no reach 2 months in a year or two. Next time wey dem go retire for that mansion na for inside casket. Their children cannot go to naija to drag properties with covetous uncles and aunties.

Hahaha

Our former landlady in benin has about 4 buildings in benin there.

She moved back home In 2005 and none of the children has ever visited. She wont even let them for fear of kidnappings, arm robbery , accidents etc. They don't even know where the properties are.

It just makes me wonder is it worth all the wahala?
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by simdam500(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
oh lawd!!! let this not be our portion.....

I hope for a free, violence free, and fair election!!!

by the way long post............ hope the citizens can come down to their senses and not kill one another for the clueless elders

NO VIOLENCE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad by pansophist(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Invest where you live. The ones in Nigeria will continue to entice you to come snd invest in Nigeria because they stand to gain from it. Otherwise they will not bother you. As for your kids, take them to Nigeria 10x in a year, it will still not make them move to Nigeria. Some of us that grew up a little bit in Nigeria can hardly stand Nigeria talk of full bred nominal Nigerians.
You investment will be more secured outside Nigeria. I have tried both worlds and I still better knowing that I have more control over what is not in Nigeria. Outside the country, I only worry about taxation. In Nigeria, you worry about NEPA, relations, witches and wizards, envy, scsmmers, local authorities, etc. Wahala too much.
Your house may be in Nigeria but Nigeria is not a home.
/

You are damn realistic man! Naija na lost case, move there at your own peril. It makes me wonder whats the essence of life if you cant live it up to the maximum? Due to blind patriotism (or lack of adaptation to their newly adopted home), some people will choose naija lifestyle over what is obtainable elsewehere, but the price for living in naija is damn to heavy to pay man!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Lawan/akume Ticket Excites PDP / NBA Accuses Nigeria Police Force Of Compromising Osun Rerun Election / 10 Traffic Laws That Gov. Sanwo-olu’s Predecessors Failed To Enforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.