Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village (1106 Views)

Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / My Village Masquarade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by akpakoboy: 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
It is for a reason I write this today. I have stayed in the city for some years and now am in the village. I have come to realize that it was a wasted 10 years in the City. Life in the city though interesting was not fulfilling. Those who make it in the city are but, 30%. The other 70% are suffering in silence. That’s why I will remain here in the village, with the following reasons.

1. The village boast of resource I can tap into freely. Though the city boast of numerous resources, its 1 resource to over 1000 persons benefiting from it. I ‘can’t fit drag my own resources o’.

2. Getting an accommodation in the village is easier and cheaper. In the city, you will have to pay through your nose. Not that the accommodations are even wonderful.

3. Marriage in the village is done with understanding from both families. Most times the items needed are subsidized due to closeness. In the city, it is believed that the man has money and as such should spend it. No wonder cut throat dowries are always mentioned.

4. The reason people go to the city is to make a living. That living is nonexistence. In the village you can key into the vast farmlands and feed the ‘city strugglers’. No wonder they pour home at the slightest chance to carry garri and other farm produce from the village.

5. In the village, the men marry early. Its like a challenge as young men are made to marry on time. This cannot be said of the city, as the men have to have money to marry. Most times this money is not forthcoming.

6. In the village, the men find it easy building houses. It will take all your fortune to start a house in the city.

7. The village life is more serene, peaceful and relaxing. Cricket sounds are heard in the background. The city, cause of its hustling nature, is not ideal for relaxation. You only hear frog voice in the background.

8. The village boast of fresh everything; vegetables, fruits, even air. The city is too artificial, even the air. Though they try to get vegetables into nylon bags, its still not fresh.

9. Night life in the village is epic, except for the W people (don’t ask me what W is). The city night is too noisy and fear filled.

10. Most importantly, the village girls are attractive, fresh, innocent, virgin and non-materialistic. The city is filled with plastic girls.
(Though, No. 10 is said with my tongue in my cheek, I still prefer them)
I am waiting for the usual backlash. Even that will be artificial. Village tins on my mind.

You can add your own.

Culled from my village.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
;DGo home homie you re drunk
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by vizkiz: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
nobody gives a rat's @ss if you die in the villgae...infact there are too many scumbags here already, we don't need More grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by hkidola00(m): 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
90% ofmoney earned in d xity will b spent dere,in case it almost finished abeg find ur village o............
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by hahn(m): 10:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
I agree with the post
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by joncom(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
hkidola00:
90% ofmoney earned in d xity will b spent dere,in case it almost finished abeg find ur village o............

hahahahaha, i know you where born in the city. That must be very hard for you to understand.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by joncom(m): 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
vizkiz:
nobody gives a rat's @ss if you die in the villgae...infact there are too many scumbags here already, we don't need More grin

Dats why a man from the village with no shoes is ruling you. I no sure say u finish school. No money to take pay school fees in the city? lol
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by joncom(m): 11:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
hahn:
I agree with the post

My brother, those opposed to this are mostly those who live in slums in Lagos and Abuja. We know them. They form in the day, and soak garri at night.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by tpiaP: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
out of sight is not out of mind.

the west and east can still see you in your village.

they know your village more than you sef.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by joncom(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
;DGo home homie you re drunk

There is always an iota of truth in a drunken state. Your type only come to the village in December, spend the little they earned and run back to live their drunken and sorry life.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Will Remain In My Village by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2015
joncom:

There is always an iota of truth in a drunken state. Your type only come to the village in December, spend the little they earned and run back to live their drunken and sorry life.
nkita lacha gi anya there idiot! Its your life that is a mistake ewu! angry

(1) (Reply)

Red, Black And White "Why Does The Combination Seem Fetish" / Too Much Money: Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt) / See The Oracle I Saw Around Agege Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.