Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Arewa Republic Changes Flag - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Republic Changes Flag (21229 Views)

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Do You Support The Creation Of Arewa Republic- Riot In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by asha80(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2008
Amen cool
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by oderemo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2008
amen too. cool grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by tpia: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2008
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by NegroNtns(m): 4:53am On Dec 22, 2008
kuma don dai kawai yaga wani yazo da tutan Biafra, shikenan kawai wai shima yaje yayi tutan arewa.

Hajiya, karshen labari! Da kyar za ki jin wani yare a baki na n'ba turanci ba. Dalilin ke na da ya sa na juye harshe, domin kada kunne da yawa ya ji. Akwai wadansu tunani da ya kan haku a cikin kwakalwa, amma bai kyauta ba ya fito a baki mutum. Na tabata Auwal ba zai kara haka ba.

A gaishe ki. . . wink
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Hajiya, karshen labari! Da kyar za ki jin wani yare a baki na n'ba turanci ba. Dalilin ke na da ya sa na juye harshe, domin kada kunne da yawa ya ji. Akwai wadansu tunani da ya kan haku a cikin kwakalwa, amma bai kyauta ba ya fito a baki mutum. Na tabata Auwal ba zai kara haka ba.

A gaishe ki. . . wink

We have just started.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
asha 80:

@auwal87
QAre u really a northerner?u do not sound like one. undecided

How do 'Yan Arewa sound? I am indeed from Arewa and forever Dan Arewa.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by NegroNtns(m): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2008
Well, more grease to your elbow. grin
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Backslider(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ those clamoring for a break

If you think that Arewa will survive for 1 year you need to think again. There are many tribes in the Arewa region and i tell you Southern sudan will be boyscout compared to Arewa.

The true Hausas Know themselves. The refugees you will find in states that will emerge will be so much. I even foresee that Niger delta will be overrun by numerous crisis. As a young man I was brainwashed with the thinking that Hausas never contributed anything to Nigeria. I see reason now why God made Nigeria.

The problem is not with Muslims or Hausa. The problem is with the Civilisation that comes out from the quran. The Northern people are the greatest followers. Our governors have failed to establish a true state. we still think we live in a UNITARY STATE. There are Islamic state that are secular and one of note is Turkey but it is fighting tooth and nail.

NIGERIA NEEDS FOLLOWER CITIZENS. NIGERIA MUST COME FIRST .

WE JUST NEED 10 MILLION NIGERIANS TO MOVE NIGERIANS FORWARD. WE DONT NEED SO MUCH JUST A DEDICATE FEW.

THE SAME DEDICATED FEW THAT HAVE ACCESS TO MEDIA AND KEEP REPEATING THERE IS NO HOPE FOR US AS A NATION. MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH OBJ WAS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE RECRUITED 4 MILLION RIBADUS ACROSS NATION. HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM FROM 14 YEAR 15 YEAR OLD DOWNWARDS.

BY THE TIME OBJ WAS LEAVING OFFICE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN 22YEARS - 23YEARS. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT YAR ADUA CAN DO THIS NOW.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2008
Backslider:

@ those clamoring for a break

If you think that Arewa will survive for 1 year you need to think again. There are many tribes in the Arewa region and i tell you Southern sudan will be boyscout compared to Arewa.

The true Hausas Know themselves. The refugees you will find in states that will emerge will be so much. I even foresee that Niger delta will be overrun by numerous crisis. As a young man I was brainwashed with the thinking that Hausas never contributed anything to Nigeria. I see reason now why God made Nigeria.

The problem is not with Muslims or Hausa. The problem is with the Civilisation that comes out from the quran. The Northern people are the greatest followers. Our governors have failed to establish a true state. we still think we live in a UNITARY STATE. There are Islamic state that are secular and one of note is Turkey but it is fighting tooth and nail.

NIGERIA NEEDS FOLLOWER CITIZENS. NIGERIA MUST COME FIRST .

WE JUST NEED 10 MILLION NIGERIANS TO MOVE NIGERIANS FORWARD. WE don't NEED SO MUCH JUST A DEDICATE FEW.

THE SAME DEDICATED FEW THAT HAVE ACCESS TO MEDIA AND KEEP REPEATING THERE IS NO HOPE FOR US AS A NATION. MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH OBJ WAS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE RECRUITED 4 MILLION RIBADUS ACROSS NATION. HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THEM FROM 14 YEAR 15 YEAR OLD DOWNWARDS.

BY THE TIME OBJ WAS LEAVING OFFICE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN 22YEARS - 23YEARS. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT YAR ADUA CAN DO THIS NOW.

Please TOUCH anything but not the Holy Qur'an!!!

You Southerners are Murderers, Racists, and very Inprudent of yourselves. The whole of Nigeria is in a mess now, Hausa-Fulani Muslims are selling their houses in Jos, southerners are selling their houses in Kano, people are going back to their roots. I see no reason then why this country will still remain ONE when the Forced Marriage is NOT working at all.

Whatever will happen in Arewa, its not your concern.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by congoshine(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
asha 80:

@auwal87
QAre u really a northerner?u do not sound like one. undecided

I agree,the fact that he can browse really baffles me. . .  . grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2008
congoshine:

I agree,the fact that he can browse really baffles me. . . . grin grin

You mean Internet browsing

Ohhhh, grin and I enjoy it very much.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Lagosboy: 10:16am On Dec 23, 2008
@ Auwal

I am a muslim from the south and when you say "Christian South" i find it wrong. The western media keeps saying this phrase as well. Yes if you said Christian South east or south south but not the South West. The youbas have at least 18 million muslims from the 30 million Yoruba nation. Oyo state is strongly muslim, Ogun state as well with Ijebu ode, Egba, Yewa All having strong muslims enclaves dating back to the 19 century and before the missionaries came in. In Osun state there is hardly anyone originally from Oshogbo that is not muslim not to talk of Ede, Ife and Ilesha though have a large Christian population. Ekiti state I can say has a larger Christian population with Ondo state as well but Akure still has a strong muslim population. In Lagos where I am from the core indegines of Lagos in Isale eko are predominantly muslims and Islams presence dates back before the missionaries came in.

Going back to the Arewa republic, Would Kwara, Benue, Taraba , Kogi and Plateau be part of this republic?

If Nigeria breaks would Cross River and Akwa Ibom be part of Biafra? Or they would go with south south (No name yet for niger delta republic)

If the Niger Deltans go would Edo state be part of this? The Niger Delta is also filled with ethnic rivalries between Ijaw, Urhobo, Istekiri . Not forgetting the war in Delta state between tribes cos of local government.

The Odua might just be only homogenous republic out of this break up because Yoruba nation is one ethnicity and possibly Biafra if it is just the Igbo people.

Honestly I believe in One Nigeria but with a decentralised system of govt. The Center should be made weak and governance rested on states or regions. A larger nation is a potentially stronger nation and India and China are rising powers due to their population. Nigeria as it is not working because true federalism is not practised. The south south has been underdeveloped but the south south should look inwards to the insensitivity of their leaders. The north acknowledges the fact that their leaders have failed them and the sooner the Niger Deltans accepts this reality the better.

Breaking up on ethnic differences is not a solution as the North orth would still face ethnic problems so as Niger delta. The Yoruba would also face tribal problem. The sooner we learn to live and manage our diversity the better.

For Nigeria to work well though true federalism or Unitary system of governance has to be adopted

1 Like

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Lagosboy,

Most systems of government were tried in Nigeria, the only true solution is to separate the nation logically and peacefully.

Yea I agree with you that there are Muslims in south, but they are considered Minority with less previlages while Christians are majority (Generally speaking of both, South West, South East, and South South).
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Lagosboy: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Auwal

Muslims are not minority in the Southwest i beg to disagree.

All the systems that has been tried in Nigeria never worked because of insincerity. If there is separation and no sincere leaders believe me the breakaway states would crumble.

Imagine IBB leading Arewa republic again or Ibori ruling Niger Delta
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Uche2005: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
who care if muslim are majority in south west. Make una comot for nigeria. We igbos want to do rotation with Hausa. You can take kwara and kogi with you. As long as port harcourt become the major port I am ok. That why I want to make sure warri away with you. They have a port in warri.

If port harcourt become the major port. Igboland would flow with goods going to the north.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Lagosboy

What ever the case may be, culture matters most than religion, I am sure Yoruba Muslims will not start attacking Yoruba Christians or the reverse.

IBB will not even look at the North, what they are after was Oil Money, and North has not Oil now, so he will not even mind to become a President or Prime Minister of Arewa. It will be left with the masses of the Nation to decide the best.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Muza(m): 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2008
auwal87:

@ Lagosboy

What ever the case may be, culture matters most than religion, I am sure Yoruba Muslims will not start attacking Yoruba Christians or the reverse.

IBB will not even look at the North, what they are after was Oil Money, and North has not Oil now, so he will not even mind to become a President or Prime Minister of Arewa. It will be left with the masses of the Nation to decide the best.

haba awwalu,
these guyz can never live without rulling,forget that they are after the oil money,they will still rule to steal from us.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by yarodin: 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
auwal87:

@ Lagosboy

Are you forgetting there are other mineral resources other than oil and most of these minerals can be found in the north.   Trust me, IBB and Co will be very interested in ruling Arewa, Nigeria, and if they could have their way Biafra.  And when  did the masses start making an impact on who wins an election in Naija?  Unless the masses decide to revolt I don't see them making any impact whether na Arewa, Biafra.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Muza(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2008
yarodin:

Are you forgetting there are other mineral resources other than oil and most of these minerals can be found in the north.   Trust me, IBB and Co will be very interested in ruling Arewa, Nigeria, and if they could have their way Biafra.  And when  did the masses start making an impact on who wins an election in Naija?  Unless the masses decide to revolt I don't see them making any impact whether na Arewa, Biafra.

yes!
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by congoshine(m): 12:56am On Dec 24, 2008
Lagosboy:

@ Auwal

I am a muslim from the south and when you say "Christian South" i find it wrong. The western media keeps saying this phrase as well. Yes if you said Christian South east or south south but not the South West. The youbas have at least 18 million muslims from the 30 million Yoruba nation. Oyo state is strongly muslim, Ogun state as well with Ijebu ode, Egba, Yewa All having strong muslims enclaves dating back to the 19 century and before the missionaries came in. In Osun state there is hardly anyone originally from Oshogbo that is not muslim not to talk of Ede, Ife and Ilesha though have a large Christian population. Ekiti state I can say has a larger Christian population with Ondo state as well but Akure still has a strong muslim population. In Lagos where I am from the core indegines of Lagos in Isale eko are predominantly muslims and Islams presence dates back before the missionaries came in.

Going back to the Arewa republic, Would Kwara, Benue, Taraba , Kogi and Plateau be part of this republic?

If Nigeria breaks would Cross River and Akwa Ibom be part of Biafra? Or they would go with south south (No name yet for niger delta republic)

If the Niger Deltans go would Edo state be part of this? The Niger Delta is also filled with ethnic rivalries between Ijaw, Urhobo, Istekiri . Not forgetting the war in Delta state between tribes because of local government.

The Odua might just be only homogenous republic out of this break up because Yoruba nation is one ethnicity and possibly Biafra if it is just the Igbo people.

Honestly I believe in One Nigeria but with a decentralised system of govt. The Center should be made weak and governance rested on states or regions. A larger nation is a potentially stronger nation and India and China are rising powers due to their population. Nigeria as it is not working because true federalism is not practised. The south south has been underdeveloped but the south south should look inwards to the insensitivity of their leaders. The north acknowledges the fact that their leaders have failed them and the sooner the Niger Deltans accepts this reality the better.

Breaking up on ethnic differences is not a solution as the North orth would still face ethnic problems so as Niger delta. The Yoruba would also face tribal problem. The sooner we learn to live and manage our diversity the better.

For Nigeria to work well though true federalism or Unitary system of governance has to be adopted

Lagos Boy,
Please stop deceiving yourself into believing Muslims are more than Christians in the SW,ok?

Anyway don't lets allow Usman Dan Fodio's forced religion(Ima le) divide us.

Let the Arewa go & we can move Odua republic to the heights we should have reached by now. peace !!
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
Mhm! Me zan gani haka? MuZA, auwal, tharma ku bar cacar baki akan abinda ba zaku iya canza shi ba. Naku fadin ra'ayi ne kawai.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Muza(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

Mhm! Me zan gani haka? MuZA, auwal, tharma ku bar cacar baki akan abinda ba zaku iya canza shi ba. Naku fadin ra'ayi ne kawai.

ni gaskiya na fada grin
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

I have never thought you will say that, why not change? Those who made it are not in any way better than us, the psycho prob that is still lagging behind Nigerians is that wai Allah ne ya hadamu, so, kar mu rabu, lets say for example, you meet a friend on the street, after visiting him at home he invited you stay, after a while you started fighting each other and suddenly you all hate each other, dan Allah, will you stay in the same home and say "Allah ne ya hadu ku"? No! You will leave his home immediately and go back to your own home. Since it is not by force. Arewa is our home, we need to protect it, take care of it, no one will do that for us. Do you think this guys dake Kudu they like our children to be educated? They hate us so much so that they don't like to see any development going on in Arewa, any. This is reality, not just in Nairaland or internet in general, it is a true fact. Today there is discrimination. Like one pastor said (I agree with him), Nigeria is not one nation, and can never be one nation, but if properly planned, it can be one country with different nations, but this nations must have its own autonomy over its people, let Yorubas lead the Yorubas, Igbos lead Igbos, HausaFulani lead HausaFulani, etc etc. Nigeria's constitution needs to be totally changed, we need Revolution in the region.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by hassanic: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
kai Auwal, i support you a thousand folds.if the goal can be achieved it is worth it.i know we have our problems but if we could force a seperation it will do us good.you see it is worst for you to have to look back everyday thinking they hate you and wish they could make you ashes.the different thread here shows just that.also left for me we have the worst internal security in Nigeria because people even destroy the Nation out of rivalry.Also look at the facts up North we have all it takes to survive if we choose to.The sick leaders especially the Governors just afford cars for convoy,breed drug adicts,build houses export there family and even remain visionless.i have always said it give the Niger delta there oil and all other states have there own resource control.if you are going to be a Governor you must learn to generate Income through economic driven projects not just buy Jingchen bikes and some GSM phones. for a revenueless project.you know they piss me off.so visionless that we are backwards. The Leaders sit down wait for alocations and just spend.i say no to that.Give them what is there own go get yours.a State will let and industry die,raw materials remain buried,a large illiterate population remain out of date with global changes and say we are doing our best.some say we may be adopting a whole western system in education,i say bullshit.go and customise it to help you develop our North economy.come to think of it the so called western education is a collection information,Knowledge from all peoples.what they see can help there generation tomorrow.The Holy Quran is specific about it.Knowledge.when the Islamic Empire existed they valued education from conquered people eg persians(Medcine,literature etc).Early form of medical achive WAS ESTABILSHED in babylon under the control of muslim leaders.the west never said it is from them but just adopted it and customised it to suit them.whenthey just gve excuses like we are trying to it bugs me.hey you can forces education on people you are the Government.if you can just force yourself on them why not make a law that ensures that education is taken seriously.a crime i may add and punishable or be a fugitive and head for Niger or chad.take it seriously.do you know knowledge and religion significantly harmonise people even your own.in the north cheap riorts come from mere sensles rumours.i say seperate or give them there resources back find your own.it is all over the place look for it.Govenrment houses please look at the faces of your people and have pity that large population will be Yan Daba or mai guard or rumour mongers.help them.i love the North

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
@hassanic

I thank God, I m not the only one on Nairaland, your facts are true, but very few understand, because idonsu ya rufe saboda kudin da suke samu daga Niger Delta, shikenan kuma an gaya masu mun zauna har abada tare kenan? Idan wataran aka rabu, 'ya'yanmu mu zasu zarga bamu yi komai a lokacinmu ba, mun bar Arewa ta zama bola, babu Ilimi, babu komai. It is a shame on our current leaders. What ever happens in Nigeria now, it is Arewa that is blamed, while only few people in Arewa knows what is happening in the Villa, idan ka tambayi wani dan Arewa ma wanene Sakataren Tarayya bazai iya fada ba.

Babu adalci ace ana debo kudi daga wata kasa ana rabawa, while the money is not put into use any where (sai dai Aljihu kawai). African Union and the United Nation should quickly honours the Mandate of Arewa Republic, Biafra Republic, Odua Republic, and the Middlebelt nation as well.

It should be an option between the two, either change to regional system where each region has their own autonomy over its resources or simple divide the country into 4.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by auwal87(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2008
Sign Petition to Separate Nigeria here

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/separatenigeria

Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914 by the British, before the amalgamation there were two separate nations, the Northern and Southern Nigeria. It was made to serve the purpose of the Colonialist for trade which shaped Nigeria to what it is now. But the system is simply not working after 48 years of getting independence in the 1960.

The Northern and Southern Nigeria are most of the times crisis, a war was fought in the 70s which the South East of Nigeria fought for the separation of their region from the cancer called Nigeria which exists till today.

The simple fact is, Nigeria is not ONE, and can never be forced to be ONE, in order to enjoin a lasting solution to the current Nigeria's instabilities, Nigeria needs to be divided.

Therefore, we seek petition for the creation of the following out of Nigeria;

1. Arewa Republic [Northern Nigeria]
2. Biafra Republic [South Eastern Nigeria]
3. Nigeria [Middlebelt Region]
4. Odua Republic [South Western Nigeria]

We urge the United Nations, the African Union, and the current Nigerian Government to urgently separate the country peacefully, and let each region have full autonomy over its resources.

This is for the benefit of our Future Generations, if we leave Nigeria in the current setup, it will end up in a very chaotic and bad situation, and will hardly become part of the developed countries in thousands years to come.

Let us forget about the mistake of 1914, let us correct this mistake in 2009.

Happy New Year to you All!

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Naijex: 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2008
@Auwal87
They had to bring down your petition. Too bad.
The petition for no pass NL even if them leave am.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by Sagamite(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2008
@auwal87

And what makes you think Ijaws, Efiks, Itsekiris, Binis, Urhobos etc would want to be part of Biafra?
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by naijaway(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2008
@poster, u are a maximized joker thinking dat ur so called map is right. Nigeria will not break up in terms of land size n if possible people size but even if there's any evidence of dat then am sorry but d muslim northerns will be d ones to disappear. This map would have made sense if u were drawing it in Niger republic but as for d land of Nigeria itself dat is impossible. This is not based on hate or watnot, this is based on principles. U guys will beg for mercy like palestines are doing to israel so be careful.
Dat map with d exception of 1 or 2 states will still be with d new democratic and innovative Nigeria dat will come as a result of d heavy pounding n push backs the rest of nigeria will give 2 u uneducated n less tolerant muslims. And for some reasons these nigerian northern extremist seem 2 be under rating d rest of naija. I hope u guys choose to move to Niger republic n call it all sorts of islamic extremist names but Nigeria aka naija will not change. U guys are better off moving peacefully cuz d can of worms dat would unfold will be studied for generations if u guys think is at ur pleasure to combine n fight tooth n nail to keep one group in but take land n anything else at ur pleasure.
  This is a day to 2009, hope u islamist extremist in d north can grow up n contribute ways to help build a better Nigeria dat is tolerant of different religious views n mass prosperity n also renewing ur pledge to support Nigeria to her own mountain top.
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by BecomeRich: 12:34am On Jan 01, 2009
auwal if you want to have your petition sign , put this map. and noone that not igbo would want to be in biafra or odua . i have help you change the name , western delta and eastern delta.

Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by IGWEUSA(m): 12:56am On Jan 01, 2009
The formation of REPUBLIC OF AREWA would be the best thing that happened to Nigeria. grin angry
Re: Arewa Republic Changes Flag by udezue(m): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2009
Long live AREWA REPUBLIC. AREWA PEOPLE WILL BE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL. YOU HAVE ALOT TO GAIN WHEN YOU BREAKAWAY FROM NIGERIA. ABEG HURRY UP AND leave. If you like take the name Nigeria with you sef. You will now have all the Sharia you want. If you want sef make una fill Lake Chad with limbs, fingers and many body parts. You can now make sure your women stay in their place coz as for now u know these yeye Southerners with western education and influence are polluting the minds of ur kids and ppl. Long live Arewa Republic. AMEN. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Not Aware That Our Men Accompanied Suspended NHIS Boss - Police / Wife Of A Shitte Member Murdered By Thugs Delivers A Baby Boy (Graphic Pics) / Governor Sanwo-Olu At Interdenominational Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.