Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Shehu Shagari Speaks Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Shagari Speaks Out (5707 Views)

"Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu / Aisha Buhari's Alleged Impostor Speaks Out, "Politicians Are Soiling My Name" / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by anonimi: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
double0seven:
The past Presidents collecting about 300 million per annum will definitely not support Buhari.

They know Buhari refused to collect an amount of 23 million per month describing as corruption; he choose to instead only be collecting 2.3 million naira.

Did you see his alerts or did our Ministry of Finance tell you this?

Moreover is it not the Baba of CORRUPTION for an old soldier to collect 2.3 million while real workers are paid 18,000

So they know if Buhari becomes President, the about 300 million per annum pension will with time definitively be drastically cut down.

Buhari is a man that leads by example.

Do 'they' include General Bully-Aminu of Ota who is the navigator of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC since he is also a pat president.

Those who see beyond mere words know Buhari leads by LIES and PRETENCE.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by TunjiMsp: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
What do you expect from the founding father of corruption. undecided, for those that haven't read the story, it was alledged money laundering started during shagari regime, it was alleged that a govt official travelling to UK misplaced an envelope containing travellers cheque and lots of foreign which he later claimed from customs 3 days, despite the media frenzy that it generated, the official wasn't investigated till date, in fact it was alleged the custom official that discover the package was later queried for going to the press. So, you expect a corrupt father to scold his son for same offence?
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by double0seven(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
agabaI23:
Lies, Buhari collects his full pension, stop deceiving yourself.

It is not lies; Dino Melaye, a former member of the House of Representatives said he went to the Ministry of Finance and found this out and he put it out there on his twitter account for the whole world to see. the Ministry of Finance did not refute the story and is yet to till today. If it was a lie, people like Okupe and Abati would have come out to say it's a lie.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by HzRF(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
sphinx54:

This stupid OP definitely has a problem with the use of English wallahi! Why can't you just copy and paste it from the source? Later you'll say Buhari is an Illiterate. Smh.
U guys have a lot of problems
When did NL becomes a platform to show ur accuracy and prowess in English

Moreover the only error is silent

Xo kini big deal

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by nationwide1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
agabaI23:
Lies, Buhari collects his full pension, stop deceiving yourself.
. My brother, I don't know the charm Buhari is using to brainwash these folks that they believe everything the man says hook, line and sinker. He says he doesn't collect full pension, they believe. He said his certificates are with the secretary, military board, they believe. He denied ever saying he would islamize Nigeria even when it's in black and white, they believe. He denied allowing an emir to pass with hard currency in 53 suit cases against the law, they believe. From these denials even when it's clear, Buhari must be as corrupt if not worse than many Nigerians.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by BlackTechnology: 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
coolscott:
[size=13pt]The first Executive president of Nigeria Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari has broken his silence after 32years of overthrown by General Mohammadu Buhari

This are what he said to AIT news reporter in Sokoto state yesterday and i humbly quote

"Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention 3 to 4 breakthrough in Nigeria that occurred under his regime.

Under this administration, train is now back in Nigeria after about 30yrs of neglect (infact, my 27years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014)

First Government to construct modern Amajiri schools & 12 Universities.

First Government to construct cargo Airports & ensure all zone in Nigeria has an Int'l airport.

First Government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertiliser.

And the very first Government to start diversifying Nigeria economy back to agric after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

Now I ask, what are Buhari DEVELOPMENTAL strides as HEAD OF STATE? "

TheSJPviews[/size]

SW RONU grin

Barcanista Obiagelli what are you guys still waiting for wink
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by BlackTechnology: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
double0seven:
The past Presidents collecting about 300 million per annum will definitely not support Buhari.

They know Buhari refused to collect an amount of 23 million per month describing as corruption; he choose to instead only be collecting 2.3 million naira.

So they know if Buhari becomes President, the about 300 million per annum pension will with time definitively be drastically cut down.

Buhari is a man that leads by example.

Like leader like follower

Why do you think a man who can't use his 300million naira annual pension to transform his community (Daura) can transform Nigeria. angry

Guy

Some of us are praying for an opportunity like this to transform lives. cool

My guy don't justify Buhari's lack of initiative. wink
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by BlackTechnology: 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
nationwide1:
. My brother, I don't know the charm Buhari is using to brainwash these folks that they believe everything the man says hook, line and sinker. He says he doesn't collect full pension, they believe. He said his certificates are with the secretary, military board, they believe. He denied ever saying he would islamize Nigeria even when it's in black and white, they believe. He denied allowing an emir to pass with hard currency in 53 suit cases against the law, they believe. From these denials even when it's clear, Buhari must be as corrupt if not worse than many Nigerians.

It is youths from a section of Nigeria that hope to ride to power through Buhari that support him greedily. grin
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by agabaI23(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
double0seven:

It is not lies; Dino Melaye, a former member of the House of Representatives said he went to the Ministry of Finance and found this out and he put it out there on his twitter account for the whole world to see. the Ministry of Finance did not refute the story and is yet to till today. If it was a lie, people like Okupe and Abati would have come out to say it's a lie.
Just the way the ministry of finance did not refute the information provided by forward Nigeria as coming from the ministry of finance which stated that Buhari collects all his money.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by double0seven(m): 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
nationwide1:

It was not Buhari that said it: it was Dino Melano that took it upon himself to go and investigate at the Ministry of Finance.

DINO MELAYE wrote:
THERE IS NO MATCH.
I read online the question a lady
asked. The question is how can
Buhari who earns over 300million
Naira yearly claim that he can not
afford to pay 27million Naira for the
APC presidential form. I became
interested and decided to
investigate. I went to the ministry of
Finance where I discovered that it is
true that all former Presidents and
Head of states actually get 23million
Naira monthly.
But I found out that General Buhari
actually wrote the minister of
Finance to reject the N23million
monthly pay. He said in his letter
that he will only accept 10 percent
or that amount which is N2.3million
and that is what he has been taking.
This is just to clear the air. What a
Nigerian! what class of integrity! God
please make us men and women of
integrity. Amin.
-By Dino Melaye
27 October 2014 at 12:48 · Public
374 Comments

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=473531002679399&story_fbid=864043146961514

I know the next thing you will say is: Dino is lying. Why would Dino Melaye, a former member of House of Rep make up a lie that can be so easily busted.

It it was a lie u can be sure that their Ministry of Finance under PDP would have come out to refute it. Abati and Okupe refuted either on Facebook or twitter or call a press conference. They will be so happy to do this.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by StunningCEO: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
poverty development party never stop lying. OP is a liar just like his handlers. oyinbo dey talk say an apple never falls far from the tree. we ask dude to provide evidence of Shagari saying so n he gives us an individuals personal blog link. shameless poverty development party. according to fr. mbaka, d electn of jona means disasta to nigeria.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by T9ksy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
gboss4sure:

People like you don't even understand what corruption is all about. So the corruption that has grown in over 40years, you expect Jonathan to just wade a magic stick and corruption in Nigeria will be a thing of the past abi. grin grin grin Chai Ndoh nu, you guys have no idea whats going on in this country.

The same corrupt people GEJ fought in agriculture, civil service, e.t.c are using people like you to get back to power.

No sir, we weren't expecting any miracles from the Clueless One as per corruption BUT neither did we envisage him fraternising with the same corrupt folks who pilfered and persists in pilfering our collective wealth.

#JonaDaftMustGo

#ABJ #
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by midolian(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
kheart:
Op ur sauce get as e bi.
lol, I wonder o..there is every possibility dat all these were framed up by one of these saTANist bloggers. If it was true, better sites wld hav it and not some 'cheap traffic seeking' site
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by nationwide1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
double0seven:

It was not Buhari that said it: it was Dino Melano that took it upon himself to go and investigate at the Ministry of Finance.

DINO MELAYE wrote:
THERE IS NO MATCH.
I read online the question a lady
asked. The question is how can
Buhari who earns over 300million
Naira yearly claim that he can not
afford to pay 27million Naira for the
APC presidential form. I became
interested and decided to
investigate. I went to the ministry of
Finance where I discovered that it is
true that all former Presidents and
Head of states actually get 23million
Naira monthly.
But I found out that General Buhari
actually wrote the minister of
Finance to reject the N23million
monthly pay. He said in his letter
that he will only accept 10 percent
or that amount which is N2.3million
and that is what he has been taking.
This is just to clear the air. What a
Nigerian! what class of integrity! God
please make us men and women of
integrity. Amin.
-By Dino Melaye
27 October 2014 at 12:48 · Public
374 Comments

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=473531002679399&story_fbid=864043146961514

I know the next thing you will say is: Dino is lying. Why would Dino Melaye, a former member of House of Rep make up a lie that can be so easily busted.

It it was a lie u can be sure that their Ministry of Finance under PDP would have come out to refute it. Abati and Okupe refuted either on Facebook or twitter or call a press conference. They will be so happy to do this.
Facebook source can't be regarded as authentic. Anything can be posted on facebook page.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by agabaI23(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
T9ksy:

No sir, we weren't expecting any miracles from the Clueless One as per corruption BUT neither did we envisage him fraternising with the same corrupt folks who pilfered and persists in pilfering our collective wealth.

#JonaDaftMustGo

#ABJ #
I think the highlighted applies more to the righteous one who is now fraternizing with Tinubu, the former PDP thieves etc

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by dahunsy(f): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
cough**clears throat.....fake news
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by double0seven(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
nationwide1:
Facebook source can't be regarded as authentic. Anything can be posted on facebook page.

what manner of daftness is this?!

that is the link to the Facebook page of Dino Melayo and Dino Melayo is a former House of Reps member; he is not dead, he is alive, he put there in the open. Has anyone come out to refute it?

what kind if proof do you need?
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by nationwide1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
double0seven:

what manner of daftness is this?!

that is the link to the Facebook page of Dino Melayo and Dino Melayo is a former House of Reps member; he is not dead, he is alive, he put there in the open. Has anyone come out to refute it?

what kind if proof do you need?
Your response is typical of APC warlord. So you expect me to either accept your facebook source or go and ask Dino Melayo. Why should Ministry of Finance come out to refute a post on facebook? Can you quote a facebook source for official presentation? Any lie can be postedon a facebook page. Coercing me to accept a facebook post as authentic is absolute bunkum.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Papertrail11(m): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
gboss4sure:

People like you don't even understand what corruption is all about. So the corruption that has grown in over 40years, you expect Jonathan to just wade a magic stick and corruption in Nigeria will be a thing of the past abi. grin grin grin Chai Ndoh nu, you guys have no idea whats going on in this country.

The same corrupt people GEJ fought in agriculture, civil service, e.t.c are using people like you to get back to power.

frm your tribe I knw yu are bias frm the truth wat is stopping jona frm fighting corruption jailing pple found wanting like rasheed maina but instead blocking loopholes and lrtting dem go free its like you havn a son he goes to steal you don scold him but act stupidly by putting some control measures to stop him......the fact is jonaz reputation has dwindled as well as any person frm bayelsa subregion cos me I go look una ad incompetent. ......
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Papertrail11:

frm your tribe I knw yu are bias frm the truth wat is stopping jona frm fighting corruption jailing pple found wanting like rasheed maina but instead blocking loopholes and lrtting dem go free its like you havn a son he goes to steal you don scold him but act stupidly by putting some control measures to stop him......the fact is jonaz reputation has dwindled as well as any person frm bayelsa subregion cos me I go look una ad incompetent. ......

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Educating you will be a waste of time and time is money
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Amitex(m): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:
Is it so difficult to insert your source after the end of your post?

Some people fail WAEC! because they fail to read with understanding. Go back and read the post again!
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Kenai: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Amitex:

Some people fail WAEC! because they fail to read with understanding. Go back and read the post again!

I have read the post again, and there is no link to the website he got it from, and that's the point I'm trying to make.
And stop being unnecessarily aggressive.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by coolscott(m): 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
nationwide1:
Honestly, knowing how corrupt gov Amaechi has always been (as a politician) it is hard to reconcile Buhari's perception of himself as an anti-corruption figure with his embrace of Amaechi as his campaign manager
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by nationwide1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
coolscott:

Honestly, knowing how corrupt gov Amaechi has always been (as a politician) it is hard to reconcile Buhari's perception of himself as an anti-corruption figure with his embrace of Amaechi as his campaign manager
I'm happy someone is thinking with me. Seizing power through the barrel of the gun is the worst form of corruption. Common logic would tell anyone that Buhari man is a scammer.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by sparkleRed(f): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Zoharariel:
Let's even assume that Shagari made those comments.

Failure recognizes failure. If his administration was something to write home about, there wouldn't have been a Coup by the Buhari/Idiagbon's regime in the 1st place - Nansense!

GMB/Osinbajo all the way!
4 ur mind so u don comment, I just dey look u dey laff
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by citizenY(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
tomakint:
These are facts we have been drumming into the thick skulls of janjaweedians but they don't wanna listen......well done Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a man with a clear and clean conscience.

op has no clear consvience as he has not provided a source.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by sparkleRed(f): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
I wonder ow APC kip accusing Jonathan of corruption, when d pple dat started d stealing were former pdp members nw APC frontrunner, shouting Jona is corrupt, imagine Tinubu, ameachi! Speakin of corruption na wa oo, hypocrisy tho smh...God help us! let's ve a violence free election
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Amitex(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
coolscott:
[size=13pt]The first Executive president of Nigeria Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari has broken his silence after 32years of overthrown by General Mohammadu Buhari

This are what he said to AIT news reporter in Sokoto state yesterday and i humbly quote

"Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention 3 to 4 breakthrough in Nigeria that occurred under his regime.

Under this administration, train is now back in Nigeria after about 30yrs of neglect (infact, my 27years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014)

First Government to construct modern Amajiri schools & 12 Universities.

First Government to construct cargo Airports & ensure all zone in Nigeria has an Int'l airport.

First Government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertiliser.

And the very first Government to start diversifying Nigeria economy back to agric after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

Now I ask, what are Buhari DEVELOPMENTAL strides as HEAD OF STATE? "

TheSJPviews[/size]

[size=18pt]Mod, FP Plz[/size]
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by naijaking1: 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shagari needs to be listened to. He is a fine statesman, too bad Buhari overthrew him.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
If indeed this were true, then it wouldn't be difficult for any good student of history to deduce why.

First of all, Shagari was a weakling who presided over corruption during his regime as president in the 80's; therefore sharing similar similarities with Jonathan.

However, his main grouse with Buhari is that the latter ousted him in the military coup of 31st Dec 1983; Shagari had since then never forgiven Buhari and would rather cut off his nose to spite his face, if this would disfavour Buhari - I therefore wouldn't be shocked if he said so.
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Remarkable: 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
thegoodone2:
If not Boko Haram, GEJ is the best president. Religion apart.
you can say that again!
My family benefitted from the grant given to farmers... and though a million naira may not seem as much, at least it was something you can say your government has done for you.... this, before, was only given to northern farmers, imagine?

Boko Harem is GEJ's mess up for sure, but seeing how things took a turn for the worse, bombings happen on his declaration day etc... I dare to say his opponents have put their hands in the glove that is not controlling their actions.

is there any lasting legacy of Buhari?

I'm waiting for someone to shout "Honesty"
Re: Shehu Shagari Speaks Out by Nobody: 2:21am On Jan 19, 2015
OP blog post is not a credible source. Anybody can write a blog

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Richest President (photos) / Today's Dollar To Naira Exchange Rates - (3/4/2017) / Gov. Ugwuanyi Swears In Two Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.