Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,498 members, 7,847,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Opinion: What A Believer Should Do At This Critical Time In Nigeria History - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: What A Believer Should Do At This Critical Time In Nigeria History (449 Views)

As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: What A Believer Should Do At This Critical Time In Nigeria History by olatayo1984(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
With the situation unfolding in these last months, and watching and thinking critically I had come to realised that the Christians have things to do at this period maybe we are saved for this time. Many are saying as a christian, they cant engage in politics, no one is saying we should be card carrying member of any party but as a responsible believer, we are the light of the world and our light cant not shine covering it and not doing the needful. I feel sorry for Christian that raised eyebrow when some churches told their congregation to bring their voter cards to church. we prayed for Nigeria today in my church and we used the voter card as a point of contact. please understand me well, am not in support of those that had turned the alter of God to political podium, but those churches that geninuely pray for will of God to be done in Nigeria.
As a result of the situation of this country I made these summissions and as a result of these summissions I had made some decisions which I will encourage responsible believer of Christ to follow suite.
Summissions with critical questions
1) We dearly need a change.
2) There is sabotage in Nigeria to keep us perpetually in Egypt (Bondage).
3) those calling for change are they really calling for it in good faith?
4) those tagging themselves 'change agent' are them really one? or changing of party or being opposition confer on one progressive?
5) pig will always be pig irrespective of location.
MY conclusion
As psalm 102:13 says, Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time is come.
From this scripture and what I could see, I realised God had agenda for Nigeria which must be fulfill this year through next month election.
God rules in the affair of men, God had risen and Nigeria will get it right this time.The election will be violence free but there is a price for us to pay and this price is of two folds
1)Every believer should pray ceaseless for the will of God to be done, for us to say all that start well end well. we should pray that no evil man/woman will shall found himself/herself in position of leadership. any one that have evil hidden agenda, God should judge them and every promoter of voilence, inquity and bloodshed should be judge by God.
2) The second thing needful for every Christian is to collect his/her Pvc and vote according to his/her conscience. It is high time we put work to our faith by voting in the best candidate. bible said faith without work is dead, God is not a magicial, He is a miracle work, let be responsible at this time, we should not leave this election in the hands of the ungodly because they dont know the mind of God.
Re: Opinion: What A Believer Should Do At This Critical Time In Nigeria History by sohans(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
noted,tnx bro.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/02/15 / Hell Fire Candidates Are / Great Testimonies...come And Experience God Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.