Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147249 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2011
cecegorz:

@Akanlekoko
What's your guys offer on mobile money, i've been seeing the yellow boyz advert
Our own pact with the Indian telco collapsed midway, so we are going solo now
First quarter next year is gonna be Exciting!

We have something in the pipeline, but right now you know CBN restricts Telcos from pitching their own direct offering.
We've supported all the schemes with bearer access for now, but next year we are definitely going to put our cards on the table.
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
^^^
Yeah, That's why i'm surprised @the Yellow boyz show.
Still can't figure out the money house that's backing them
Though i know most companies scaled through the last CBN licensing round
Re: Welcome To My Office by Antimatter: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2011
I envy you guys.
No xmas or new year holiday for me this year.

The whole company is looking up to us in the project office to make sure the SAP project goes live successfully.

Am hoping that the success of this project will be the beginning of greater things to come in my career.

Lest I forget, just got my PMP this October.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
cecegorz:

^^^
Yeah, That's why i'm surprised @the Yellow boyz show.
Still can't figure out the money house that's backing them
Though i know most companies scaled through the last CBN licensing round

GT Bank and Fortis.

@Topic,
Year don finish, so I am taking my team to Copa Lagos. Was gonna splash VIP, but sold out angry, so i guess we're just gonna hang with everyone else tongue.
Though no one in my team seems to like footie sha grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Antimatter: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2011
^^
@Cecegorz,
Did you go to school at all this nov/dec.
I learnt lectures have resumed.
Hope to start January.
Re: Welcome To My Office by mbulela: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2011
AjanleKoko:

GT Bank and Fortis.

@Topic,
Year don finish, so I am taking my team to Copa Lagos. Was gonna splash VIP, but sold out angry, so i guess we're just gonna hang with everyone else tongue.
Though no one in my team seems to like footie sha grin
Are they all females?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2011
^^
You and I wish grin

Na efikos dey my team jare embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by betalife(m): 11:52am On Dec 16, 2011
I knew you all went to school in order to get white collar jobs, I am a graduate like you.I studied accountancy at Obafemi Awolowo University. I am

now a successful small scale industrialist,fund manager and affiliate marketer. I want to ask you What do you understand by the word "civil

servant"

do you know that it just making you a slave to the government,restricting yourself from liberty,denying yourself of so many things,

Brethren, I will not deceive you there is little or no jobs outside there. I will like you to decide to have your own business,

I would like to give response to this topic by referring you all to http://betalifefx..com

You will get more information as to making money online with no stress.

See you at the top.

To your Success

Anthony
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hah  @Ajanlekoko
Which kin team wey no dey feel footie?
Abeg change them jare, where else will they learn strategy and team work?
Unless una dey play ludo sha  grin

@Antimatter
Na January bro. I was hardly in town. It ain't easy being a corporate slave  grin

@office
I got my fingers full recently, dabbling into HR job
Got a project to deliver, and needed some fresh pairs of hands on a term basis
HR promised to deliver but bureaucracy threw in some delays that i wasn't ready for
I said ok, get me the damn candidates let me grill them myself
Phew! I never knew interviewing is a tedious job,
It was terribly tough getting people to express themselves!

Now wait for it,
After painstakingly sifting through the haystack and picking some candidates
Called them to resume, one of the very best said she is no more interested!  shocked
I learned by force that being the employer doesn't mean you always get what you want!

Now, i am officially on leave till January! Let me go soak up the harmattan, up some chilly hill
Re: Welcome To My Office by sholasys: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2011
@Antimatter, hi bros, i read through your post and i discovered we have a lot in common. first our SAP all in one project will kick off by January 2012 in my company, i would love if you an share your experience during your own project and lesson learn. I am also looking at doing my PMP by February 2012. kindly drop your email address so that i can contact you offline.
thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2011
hey pple, compliments of the season!!!

come see as pple dey vex for here ontop say them tax 13th month o. . .it's not easy. . .lol

of which we're having inauguration in a couple of days and bros J himself is supposed to be coming,

being seeing awon boys coming around to check security arrangements. . .whole thing's going to be a circus. . .bah
Re: Welcome To My Office by Antimatter: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2011
sholasys:

@Antimatter, hi bros, i read through your post and i discovered we have a lot in common. first our SAP all in one project will kick off by January 2012 in my company, i would love if you an share your experience during your own project and lesson learn. I am also looking at doing my PMP by February 2012. kindly drop your email address so that i can contact you offline.
thanks

@Sholasys
Is your bias towards ICT?
I will contact you if you can drop your email address.
Regards
Re: Welcome To My Office by sholasys: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Antimatter
Am into ICT and my contact sholasys@yahoo.com, thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2011
okay. . .I'm being held hostage in my office. . .bros J is around and his security ppl are not smiling,

seen some guns you only see in the movies. . .lol. I shouldn't have come to work today sef.

the whole thing is a circus!. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2011
this xmas was interesting

hamper rain in my dept  cheesy cheesy cheesy

al those closing at 10 finally yielding some sort of dividend - even if its not a favorable appraisal  tongue

see bad belle from other depts  cheesy cheesy cheesy (i see u finance cheesy cheesy - [size=5pt]just kidding - abeg no hold next year budget o[/size] )

our finanace guys created a police checkpoint as you have to get to us through them
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2011
Xmas comes again . . . all my hampers were seized by Compliance, none returned yet angry

Today's my last working day, till noon. Took the 3 days from next week off, and will be out of town on business, starting January 1. I'm off to that part of the world where they don't send xmas embarassed . . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Antimatter: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^
AJ,
You are one of the people living the life. Next week free. If wishes were horses.
I only have Monday 26th free. We are resuming on Tuesday because of our project.

Got a hamper this week. As long as it is below 50£ no problem.

Who will calculate the value ? cool

Wishing you guys Happy Xmas and New Year in advance.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
@cecegorz and AJ

you guys might find this interesting, it's about mobile money. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS.

I'm guessing that in line with the inflationary pressures on the economy my targets for the new FY will increase 200%

GOD DEY, no shaking.
Besides I really don't have any expletive to give this season, so they should bring it on.

I see lots of silver linings in this fuel subsidy fiasco especially for the entrepreneurs. However it will be a female dog!

Peace y'all
Re: Welcome To My Office by babyx(f): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
Happy New Year peeps :-) as ugly as the 9ja situation is i intend to keep my spirits up , as my MD has just informed our HR dept of company subsidy plans for Staff , GOD help us all.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
babyx:

Happy New Year peeps :-) as ugly as the 9ja situation is i intend to keep my spirits up , as my MD has just informed our HR dept of company subsidy plans for Staff , GOD help us all.

LOL.
So long as it doesn't involve job or salary cuts.
It's good the government made their play right now. That way, we can battle them before it gets stuck in. In fact, we can spend the whole of January battling them.
If they had done this in April, it will affect the balance sheet of most companies.

@ Topic,
On work trip outside Naija, but should be back next week to join my striking brothers and sisters.
Jona go learn something this January grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
Abeg does anybody here know why ICAN has refused to release the Nov diet results
Re: Welcome To My Office by violent(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
The weather gets uglier in Britain, attended a colleague's disciplinary hearing in the morning, it was heart rending, no one's sure what will eventually happen sad sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 19, 2012
It's January and the upfront is here again.
I'm smiling already. cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
hey pple,

I've been here for a year now. . .mennnn time flies o, It was only yesterday that I was a newbie now meself wan dey form 007 with awon boys cool

I've grown quite a bit, I dont get angry as often as before (even though my brain dey touch once in a while sha grin),

I think I'm becoming a more complete engineer too. . .that said, the boys are becoming restless tongue lipsrsealed

had a quiet appraisal this year, didn't make any statements (I no get energy to dey have 'talks' with anyone again. . .)

one of my new year resolutions is to always close before 7.00pm so I try to get to work 7.00am and leave 5-6ish, so far so good it's working. . . grin

going on leave next week. . .yay!!!! no rotating machinery, no radios, no toolbox talks for 15 days
Re: Welcome To My Office by babyx(f): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Ajanlekoko, the subsidy involves both job and pay cut! as for 9ja govt. i hope they realize that people know the truth but have been silent all these years, coping and enduring hardship :-(

@Netotse, sounds like your new year is starting on good notes! enjoy :-)

@Bluediva, i beg i like to share your upfront with u, cos rite now girlz in me office are not smiling :-(
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
netotse:

I've been here for a year now. . .mennnn time flies o, It was only yesterday that I was a newbie now meself wan dey form 007 with awon boys  cool

I've grown quite a bit, I dont get angry as often as before (even though my brain dey touch once in a while sha  grin),

I think I'm becoming a more complete engineer too

Care to expantiate?
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
Happy New Year to all. . . .

New year has been a bit topsy turvy - was in work for three days before taking off a week's leave for my birthday. It appears that I'm not getting any younger. angry

Now I'm back in the office and still trying to navigate through the backlog.

Got a very positive end of year review - still waiting for the unit-wide review before I start calculating my potential bonus. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Care to expantiate?
hmmm. . .

when I arrived here, all I knew was power o, for most other things I would resort to 'iko', but I've been inducted into the wonderful (and often confusing) world of induction motors, sensors and lastly automation.

In addition, I figured I would be just an 'electrical engineer' but funnily enough I got drafted into predictive maintenance and that has changed my worldview as far as engineering is concerned, I no longer think in terms of 'what do I do if/when that machine breaks down' I've been brainwashed  grin to think what can I do to ensure that even if this machine were to breakdown I would be able to detect it sufficiently early enough that it doesn't affect production/reliability.

I'm better able to understand/relate with mechanical engineers especially since out of 25 people in my department we're only 6 electrical engineers(by training), heck sometimes the electrical engineers(by JD) say I'm almost a mechanical engineer(na so e easy reach? na just local champion I dey use shalo them  grin). I still feel having a mech engr as HOD is somewhat holding me back, there's stuff I cant discuss with him, he just wont get. . .smh

I can better appreciate the interface between maintenance and production (I still think production people are annoying  cool ) things like reliabilty factor, availability factor and utility factor have crept into my lexicon.

In order to measure up to departmental standards, I had to read fire just to understand the process and it affected the way I try to understand engineering concepts, ultimately all the stuff I had to learn in school is starting to make sense.(people tend to get tired of the pedantic way I approach things. . .hehehehe)

etc etc ati be be lo. . .

all that said, I have stuff to be grateful for and stuff to be pissed about. . .still think I could've done better given more (a bit of an oliver twist aren't I? grin tongue)
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^
Sounds like a good experience.
In truth, the industrial setup is not much different from what you're describing.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 20, 2012
@babyx,
Oya, send your account number.

@netotse,
You guys job seems quite challenging.
We need to see result from all these una hard work as per megawatts.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 20, 2012
BlueDiva:

@babyx,
Oya, send your account number.

@netotse,
You guys job seems quite challenging.
We need to see result from all these una hard work as per megawatts.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.