Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Eothen-Our losses - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eothen-Our losses (31522 Views)

Life And Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I'm going easy on Abigail since she bears my ' ex-friend's ' name. Maybe I should punish her small angry
Ex-friend?
You mean like abigail and sophia?

Do your thing, and make sure you put your outmost best, as I don't care how she flex, just make me keep asking for more
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Costlybabe: 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kizzy,have been following your story for a while and i must say its worth my time,contnue jarre
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
harjibolar10:

Ex-friend?
You mean like abigail and sophia?

Do your thing, and make sure you put your outmost best, as I don't care how she flex, just make me keep asking for more

Not exactly jare. She's just an 'ex-friend'.
And I hope I won't disappoint you.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
Costlybabe:
Kizzy,have been following your story for a while and i must say its worth my time,contnue jarre

Thanks ma'am. I hope not to let you down too.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
Chapter 22

------------------
" You come out right now," Mike put down Temilade and went straight for Stella who had appeal in her eyes.

" Stay off me and let me talk to her," Stella cried as Mike tried pulling her out of the living room.

" Have you really lost it now? What is wrong with your head, huh?" He snapped angrily.

" She came to see me not you, Michael so stay out, please," Sophia broke in.

" Well, I don't want her spewing garbage here. So let me take of this, please," he said pleadingly still trying to drag Stella out.

" I said I'd talk to her. She's my guest and it's my business to deal with," Sophia insisted.

" It becomes my business when she's obviously here to talk about me and it involves my daughter too so you keep out, " he said and turned to face Stella, " You get out of here now before I really lose my temper keeping you in check."

" I didn't come to talk to you but her. And you were right also when you said I came to talk about you and her," she pointed at Temilade who was watching the drama unfold. So much for her brief stay here.
" I want you to stay away from my fiance. We are getting married in less than three weeks and the last thing I want is have a ' baby mama ' to compete with. So steer off, okay. I don't know what history you two have and I don't bloody give a damn. I only want you away. Far gone," Stella spat angrily as Mike ran his hand over his head, frustrated.

Sophia moved closer to them both, " I don't know how you perceive this but I'm not interested in stealing your wedding ring from you. I may have a kid with him but hey, read my lips, there's no freaking romance here. Wouldn't ever happen. So direct your frustration somewhere else and stop scaring my kid with your raised voice," Sophia was already getting ticked off.
Being told by the whole world she would run right back into Michael's arms was becoming tougher to bear. So what if she was in love with him. If the situation they found themselves never permitted their love to survive, then she would rather give up than keep trying.

Mike looked up at Sophia and saw her anger beginning to get obvious. He didn't want her to be in this sort of uncanny situation because of him. Stella was really a crazy lady and he wished he had dealt with her sooner. To hell with a marriage with this kind of freak.

He took her by her left wrist and made for the entrance, " I don't know what else would make you quit this your madness," he yelled as he pulled her out.

Stella pulled her arm away as Mike shut the door behind him, " Does she know how I've stood by you since we got engaged. How I've convinced my father to pump more capital into your company. How I've .......?" She said as she sniffed before looking straight into his eyes, " Does she matter that much to you?"

" More than you could ever know," he told her, " Now get away from here."

Stella gave one last look at the door before walking away leaving Mike to battle with his mind.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
------------

Dotun leaned forward against the silvery pole barricade of the sky lounge of the hotel. He felt a cool breeze blow past him as he put the glass of red wine to his lips. The sky was really bright with the galaxy of stars twinkling brilliantly. Nice getaway, he thought to himself and looked far ahead at the illuminated other sky high buildings surrounding the hotel. He felt lonely. Something he never foresaw five years before now.

" How's it going?" He heard a familiar female voice call behind him.

" What the heck?" He cursed as he turned to see Abigail approach him, " I thought I made it quite clear that you never come around me again."

Abigail shrugged and went to sit on one of the aluminum chairs adjacent to them. Her pregnancy was already approaching delivery making her thread slowly, " I didn't get to thank you for helping the other time. Tunde has a better job now thanks to you," she told him as she sat down.

" Well, good for you. Now, get lost," Dotun wasn't ready to listen to her as he had hung up on her previous phone calls to him. She really didn't know when to quit.

" Easy," Abigail said calmingly," When last have you being in contact with your friend? I take it you two buried the hatchet," she asked in a teasing tone.

Dotun glanced sharply at her, " That husband of yours doesn't place restrictions on you, it seems. I wonder any sane man that would allow a crazy lady like you walk around with his unborn child," he said and took out his phone seeing she wasn't ready to leave anytime soon.

Abigail smiled to herself, " I take it you haven't. It figures how you haven't found out about him running back to his ' sweetheart '," she continued sarcasm in her voice.

Dotun scoffed, " Then I should feel better then. Growing years of guilt is sure wearing me out," he dialed his personal secretary's number wanting to ask him to bring over some documents he was yet to append his signature on. He would rather sit with his official duties than talk to the psycho he was with now.

" I don't think you'd say that considering Sophia has handed over your child to her dearest," Abigail told him as he looked back at her slowly.

" You've really lost it," he stated shaking his head.

" I knew you'd be like this but I can't sit around and watch her hand over your child to her ' Michael '," she continued in the same tone Sophia always used, " Sophia has a daughter. Should be around three years old. I saw with my own eyes this afternoon and apparently she has handed the girl to your ' friend '. You can't exactly allow that now, can you?" She asked him on seeing she was getting his attention.

" That's impossible," Dotun vacillated and continued his call asking Jonathan to come meet him at the hotel. He had been staying there for over two months now avoiding home where his parents constantly reminded him of how well Mike was doing and ask why they never could get him to have dinner with them.

" Where else would she get a child of that age? I had thought she got rid of the baby then but she evidently didn't which brings me to you being the kid's father. You did sleep with her, right?" Abigail continued trying hard to get her point through.

Dotun shook his head in disbelief, " It's not like she never got intimate with Mike either. If she tells him he's the father of her child then good enough for them both." He picked the wine bottle from the glass table in front of her and poured himself a glass.

One part of him was praying silently that crazy as she was, she was right and he was really father to this kid while another simply wanted to stifle Abigail's throat. She was damaging and trouble, big time.

Abigail smirked. She was certainly going to pull it off this time around. His weakness was in Sophia and she had learnt to play on that well. She only needed to keep hammering his chance of having a kid from her in his head and as for the part of falling again, he could manage that well on his own.

She only wished Mike was as undiscerning as his friend. He never proved fallible no matter how subtly she tried to convince him back then. He always took her as a joke and laughed it off. Now she was ready to make him as well as his dearest love pay for making her this. She didn't know when exactly her wanting for Sophia to fall became this impetuous but she knew she wasn't ever going to accept defeat. Never.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by folake25(f): 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
hmm na wa o. abigail you want to cause trouble again. continue oo
Re: Eothen-Our losses by SexySapphire(f): 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
I don't just get it with Abigail! What's with her and her mischief? Lovely updates Kez, u're doing a very good jo and I'm glad dat I'm following.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
folake25:
hmm na wa o. abigail you want to cause trouble again. continue oo

Don't mind her joor cheesy

SexySapphire:
I don't just get it with Abigail! What's with her and her mischief? Lovely updates Kez, u're doing a very good job and I'm glad dat I'm following.

She marvels me at times too. And I'm glad you're following too smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
Let's say, I go with this yeye abigail on this oooo

Yes! The child may be dotun 's property... But, this mike can be so naive, that he cant even ask how come, when his long gone girl friend, came and just present on kid like that...

And same as this dotun of a guy, I hope he's not falling for the web of this abigail of a thing again ooo.. .

Abigail might be right thou.. .. Just saying nooni ooo

Oya, world best Namesake, come continue ooo

Lest I forget, you can never disappoint me oo, cos I will always gat ya back
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
harjibolar10:
Let's say, I go with this yeye abigail on this oooo

Yes! The child may be dotun 's property... But, this mike can be so naive, that he cant even ask how come, when his long gone girl friend, came and just present on kid like that...

And same as this dotun of a guy, I hope he's not falling for the web of this abigail of a thing again ooo.. .

Abigail might be right thou.. .. Just saying nooni ooo

Oya, world best Namesake, come continue ooo

Lest I forget, you can never disappoint me oo, cos I will always gat ya back

It's just a probability Abigail is playing on and Sophia wasn't exactly ' long gone'. Mike simply walked off like a coward so it figures why he's ready to take responsibility for the kid. He knows she can't lie to him na.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2015
kizzykeziah:

It's just a probability Abigail is playing on and Sophia wasn't exactly ' long gone'. Mike simply walked off like a coward so it figures why he's ready to take responsibility for the kid. He knows she can't lie to him na.
He know she can't lie?

That's why I regard him as a 'naive' sombody

Why did he walk away in the first place?

Didn't he think that, what makes him walk away the other time, might as well has to do with this kid ni? he call that love and I call it confussion + frustration

I trust you shaa, the control of the 'twist' and 'turn' of their fate is with you

So, keep em coming dear
Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Few days i was away much has happened. Hmmmm

keziah you are wonderful, keep up to the good work.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Chapter 23

-----------

Abigail held up the glass of champagne to no one in particular and laughed out loud, " I'd definitely drink to this," she said to herself. Dotun had just called her, asked for Sophia's address and swore to snap her neck if she happened to be wrong. Something he could never do. He had a nice heart, something she liked about him. Something that made him weak, she thought and sipped.

She recalled when it all started. Her wanting of Sophia to go down. That was over eight years ago when Sophia had been selected among thousands of applicants to study at the prestigious University of Minnesota. Though they had applied to go together, Sophia had gotten a higher chance and been called first. She had had to wait and hope while Sophia got ready for college. In as much as Sophia always tried to be sweet and reassuring, it only made her more sick as she schemed in her sly mind how to ruin her seemingly only source of joy then.
She knew about her slutty mother and her cowardly father as she always referred to him whenever she was chatting with her elder sister, but rather than pity her friend, her sister warned her about Sophia been a ' potential imitation' of her mother.

' That one can never be your friend, Abi. She looks pitiful enough now with that her sister but believe me, she would just walk straight on in her mother's footsteps."
Those were her sister's words. She had believed them, never regretted that except at rare times when she really missed Sophia but her sister was her role model who was always right, worthy of emulation.

She had gotten married to a French merchant when she was just nineteen, divorced him and gotten away with half his property. She had just remarried a Japanese automobile expert barely two years after her divorce and was hoping to get richer off him. Such craftiness or 'smartness' as she would rather term it was what she had tapped from her sister only it never worked right for her. Even after she couldn't carry out her ' killjoy ' operation on Sophia because she received her admission letter,it became the beginning of the end of their friendship. She wanted to be the better one, the one who got the stares and admiration academically and otherwise but for Sophia, it seemed to come effortlessly. She had beauty coupled with brilliance. Was the female senior prefect in secondary school too and to Abigail had it all save for the broken home she was raised.

Putting that past her because of the euphoria of being a foreign student, she had met Mike and Dotun, his friend. She had been so happy that she might finally match up to her big sis and hook up the wealthy guy who just happened to be a Nigerian also alongside his friend and had tried getting closer to him only for the slut to inform her some weeks later they were dating. How she had managed webbing her way into both their hearts marveled her to this day. She was a total imitation of her mother. Even spun detest among best of friends.

The thought of that now made her hiss, " I hate her the more I think about it, " she said loudly and put the glass to her lips.

To hell with regrets. She had none. She would make sure Sophia never had a moment of calm in her life. She had taken her one shot of being a plutocrat from her and in return she couldn't expect to live her life in peace.

She picked up the remote control and put on the television. She caught the last part of the business news as the picture of Mike Adeoye and his fiancee was displayed on the screen.

' The wedding is slated to take place in two weeks from now and is expected by all to be a big launch for DeLair as it proves to undoubtedly......, "

Abigail smirked. " I can't believe how I missed that," she sat slowly in the couch behind her and sipped her drink slowly.

-----------------------

Sophia pushed open the door of the car and got out. Waving at Abdul who was already approaching her ready to help with any grocery bags she had, she opened the back door and gently lifted her sleeping daughter. She had taken her along to work as usual but barely had the time to check on her in the kid's playpen her boss had designed in the firm mainly because of his own kids who came around sometimes but was now where she put her before she would register her in a school the next January.
She had been so busy sorting various case files and racking her brain on how to win the four homicide cases she had in front of her that she could only check on her daughter twice the whole day. She was already making friends, sweetheart that she was. Sophia smiled as she placed her head over her shoulder and closed the car door. She signaled to Abdul to help get her handbag out to which he responded promptly.

The foot walk creaked open and she turned to look at Abdul who had apparently left it open when he was away to talk to the gatekeeper of a neighbor before looking at who just walked in.

" I was scared I got the address wrong, " Dotun smiled as he approached her.

Sophia heaved slowly. This wasn't what she was expecting. What else would this pervert want in her life? Hadn't she hammered it once that he stayed far far off her all his life if he didn't want to see her go tigress on him?

" Who told you I stayed here and why are you here?" Sophia slowly coordinated herself.

" Abigail did and she told me some other stuff I think we need to talk about," Dotun answered her as he looked at the girl she was carrying. The single possibility of that kid being his had been what drove him here. That singular chance he wanted to hold onto.

Sophia scoffed and hissed, " Two crazy fools playing Bonnie and Clyde," she muttered under her breath, " Just get lost since I'm not ready to listen to whatever trash you have cooked up," she told him off and walked to the front porch.

" Is there any chance that girl is my daughter and you gave her off to Mike?" He threw at her straightforwardly making her turn precipitously.

" What?!" She raised her eyes in disbelief.

" Look I know I was a jerk but you can't give my child away to someone else because I haven't been aware of her existence. That is totally unfair, Sophia," he continued in a tone of surety making Sophia feel more incredulous as she gaped at him in wonder.

" You are so unbelievable, Dotun. I can't believe I just heard you say that," she shook her head.

" You....," he began again as Sophia held her hand up to stop him.

" Just shut it up. And get lost," she screamed at him which made him stay rooted to the spot rather than leave immediately. She hissed again and fondled for her keys as she unlocked the door and barged in.

Abdul looked from the well groomed guy in front of him to his madam who just slammed in and was confused on who to walk to. Here he was holding her handbag and supposed to take it in but with the seeming threat this young man was to his madam, he thought for a second whether to kick him out first. He didn't have to contemplate long as Dotun turned around and left.

' Nawa o. Different kind of men just dey come see Aunty Sophia. Na God know where all of dem just dey come from," he said to himself as he hurried into the house to drop the bag. He could write a book on the dramas he'd seen in this compound, he thought.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
harjibolar10:

He know she can't lie?
That's why I regard him as a 'naive' sombody
Why did he walk away in the first place?
Didn't he think that, what makes him walk away the other time, might as well has to do with this kid ni? he call that love and I call it confussion + frustration
I trust you shaa, the control of the 'twist' and 'turn' of their fate is with you
So, keep em coming dear

You have really scolded Mike o, namesake. smileyThat enough should make his brain functions reset. cheesy
stuff46:
Few days i was away much has happened. Hmmmm
keziah you are wonderful, keep up to the good work.

Thanks and hope your ' away time' was fun. cool
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
kizzykeziah:

You have really scolded Mike o, namesake. smileyThat enough should make his brain functions reset. cheesy

I hope it does oooo

How are you doing + keep em coming
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Where are you now namesake... Someone dey miss you here oooo

Hope no problem dearie?
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
harjibolar10:
Where are you now namesake... Someone dey miss you here oooo
Hope no problem dearie?

No problem exactly o. I've just being busy sort of and Mtn decided to finish every single data and acct balance I had. Would update anytime now.

Kumao, namesake smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
--------------------

* Three years ago *

' Somebody call 911. Shawty's fire burning on the dance floor.......'

The music was terribly loud and the different colors of lights flashing dimly as Sophia walked into the club. She wondered why Abigail would choose to ' party' when exams were around the corner. She was almost asleep when Abigail had called for her to join in in what she termed ' A Night Never To Be Forgotten'. Only she understood that statement of hers.

Holding her phone to her ear, she scanned the faces for Abigail and carefully avoided drunk dancers, ' I can't see you,' she shouted into the phone's speaker.

Abigail waved to her as she approached,

'Your timing couldn't be more perfect, Sophia,' she smiled at her friend who made her first point by complaining about the whole setup.

' We are going to be in VIP dear. I even have a room booked in case we can't drive back home this night,' Abigail reassured and pulled her away from the crowd.

Sophia shook her head as they passed into the VIP lounge, 'You are really crazy, did I tell you that before,' she commented making Abigail shrug,

' You just did. We'd sit there,' she pointed at the high seats at the bar counter.

' You didn't mention Dotun being here. I thought it was a girl's night out,' Sophia observed on seeing Dotun with his head buried in his glass.

' Oh yeah! I can't believe that escaped my mind,' Abigail exclaimed as Sophia went to sit beside Dotun with Abigail lagging behind talking to the bartender. He was also a college student working there part time it seemed.

Sophia ignored them and waved her hand in Dotun's face, ' Hey D-boy! Did you get dumped or what's up with the expression?' She joked smiling at him as he raised his head looking at her in disbelief.
He had thought the voice was in his imaginations but she was right here. Giving a quick look at Abigail, he knew he was already fallen in her net,
'Sophia? When did you get here?' He asked getting hold of himself.

' Just now. Came to blow off steam. I'd have called up Michael if I knew you were also going to be here. I just dropped off a call with him outside,' Sophia told him as Abigail came to sit beside her.

' You'd love blue cocktail, isn't it, Sophia?' Abigail asked more in a statement.

' And I take it you ordered already,' Sophia observed as she was handed a glass of blue cocktail by the bartender who was her friend also, ' Hi, Brandon,' she smiled at him and took up the glass.

Abigail also took her glass and held it to her lips, pausing in sipping as she watched Sophia sip nearly half the contents of the glass. She prayed silently that Brandon had put in enough or even more than enough heroin in the drink. She really wasn't going to leave anything to chance and had opted for overdose of narcotics to get Sophia down.

Dotun looked into his glass as he swirled the contents. He was feeling tipsy already and wanted to get up to leave. That was the only way to avoid the temptation Abigail was laying before him. He gave one look at Sophia who was almost emptying the glass and couldn't get himself to leave. Abigail had undoubtedly spiked her drink just now as Sophia ran her hand over her head and faced her treacherous friend, ' I don't feel good,' she slowly put her glass back down.

Abigail told her it was probably because of the stress she had been putting herself through because of their forthcoming exams and offered to take her to the room she had booked for her to rest up.
Sophia nodded and followed trying to stay steady in her steps, ' I'd just stay for some minutes for my head to clear up. I'm going to be fine,' Sophia reassured her friend as they got to the room.

'Just when I thought we could have a little fun before leaving here for good. Take care, dear,' Abigail let the door open, ' Let me tell Dotun we'll be here. I'd join you now,' she turned to leave as Sophia smiled lazily and held onto her forehead.
The dizziness was really getting to her and she felt hot making her unbutton her blouse and pulling it off as she dragged unto the bed before she really felt oblivion.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chapter 24

" Madam is in the garden outside, sir. She has a guest," the young female domestic worker told Mike looking down at her feet.

" Thanks dear. I'd join her there," Mike thanked her and moved past her back to the entrance.

He walked on and saw his mother at the pavilion outside with the supposed guest who very well turned out to be his elder brother, Henry. Really surprised to see his brother, Mike stopped short in his steps. The guy never came around, always left him to take care of it all after their parent's divorce. He wondered what he was doing around now.

" Kiitan, come on over. I saw your car drive in just now? Is that her?" His mother beckoned to him and raised her eyebrow seeing Temilade hung across his shoulder looking right at her.

" Hello, Mike," Henry smiled at his kid brother. It had been over five years since they last saw each other and that occasion was a totally unplanned one. They never bothered keeping contact.

Mike ignored him and pulled forward one of the plastic chairs to the round table they were seated, " I'd get to her, mum. Why is he here?" He said referring to his brother.

" I came to see my mum. Aren't I allowed to do that now?" Henry smirked and sat up in his seat," The thing is that I found out I'm free to come home now since it turns out you have laid yourself as sacrificial offering for dad. How's the wedding planning going?" Henry remarked sardonically.

Mike smiled, " That wedding isn't happening, dear brother."

" Hmmm. We'll see about that," Henry told him confidently.

Their mum's exclamation made them turn to face her at the same time, " Oh wow.....," she reached for Temilade who was staring straight at her, " I can't believe this. Her eyes are exactly the same as yours, Kiitan. I'm changing my mind about the DNA test I suggested yesterday," She pulled the girl to her laps and held her gaze for some seconds.

Mike was surprised at his mum's tone. He never really thought the girl looked so much like him but with his mum's statement now, he knew Dayo was right also when he had seen her earlier in the day.

" Really, mum. I guess it's time the whole family knew about her," he said and held his eyes on Temi.

" Trouble in paradise," Henry remarked and picked up his glass of juice raising it to his brother.

" Have you told your father yet?" His mother asked.

Mike shook his head and sat back making Henry laugh silently, " You are still confused about your whole life."

" Can you mind your business for once or get lost?" Mike shot at him angrily. He was never around and was now poking his freaking nose into his own affairs.

" How close are you to her mum because her conception doesn't seem like a mistake?" Their mother continued placing Temi on her laps as the girl relaxed observing her dad and uncle.

Mike paused in a quick thought, " For now, she's the one thing bringing us closer ," he gestured at Temi.

Henry smiled again, " Mike Mike Mike! What You have sure kept busy, little brother," he told his brother and looked back at the little girl with their mum shaking his head slowly and taking his drink.

--------------------

Bimbola stood at the door to her sister's bedroom and watched her ransack through the wardrobe. She didn't even notice she had been there for some minutes now.

" Sophia," she called startling her sister who looked up suddenly.

" Goodness, you startled me, Bimbola, " Sophia sighed and put down the gown she was holding, " When did you get here?"

" A while ago. You've been absent minded and you do look confused on what to wear," Bimbola told her as she approached the bed.

" Yeah, right. You could help," she smiled pointing at the pile of clothes she had on the bed.

Bimbola sat at the edge of the bed," Hmmm. First I should know the occasion, isn't it?"

" No occasion. I don't know what's wrong with me that I can't even pick out a dress to go make my hair," Sophia sighed and threw down the blue shirt she was holding, " You haven't been coming home for a while," Sophia observed slowly," I hope everything is fine now," she asked worriedly.

Bimbola nodded, " Yes. I just decided to get more serious at school. I've been learning a whole lot of things, you know," she pulled out a blue chiffon blouse," You should wear this, except if you're going on a date then I should get you something more sexy," she continued jokingly.

" Yeah right," Sophia laughed shortly.

" I can't see Temi around. Where's she?" Bimbola asked her sister and picked out a short pleated skirt and threw it at her sister.

" Thanks, dear. Temi went out with Mike. He took her this morning to his mother. Said something about me not wanting him around her and pushing him off alongside his offers in taking care of his daughter," Sophia sat beside her sister and began putting back the clothes on the hangers.

" Wow. I guess he's the responsible kind after all," Bimbola remarked.

Sophia nodded, " Sort of," she said as they heard the doorbell ring, " Dammy must be here already," Sophia observed and went out of the room with Bimbola following closely, " Did you call her?" Bimbola asked as they got to the living room and Sophia pulled the door open.

" Yes, I had to discuss some ' stuffs' with her," Sophia told her sister who nodded as Dammy walked in.

" Hey, Soph. I came as soon as you called," Dammy threw her arms around Sophia in a quick hug before she saw Bimbola.

" Aunty Dammy, good afternoon," Bimbola smiled and went to hug Dammy.

" Oh my baby sister," she called fondly," I did miss you. How are you holding up? Hope you're doing better now," Dammy asked with concern.

Bimbola smiled, " I'm learning everyday," she told Dammy reassuringly while Sophia watched them smiling.

" And where on earth is Temi? She hasn't come to jump on my neck yet," Dammy observed looking around the living room.

" Her dad took her out." It was Bimbola that answered as she exchanged a knowing look with Dammy.

" That's progress, I must say." Dammy said grinning at Sophia.

" Don't even start. It took me a while to concede to him. No traffic?" Sophia asked Dammy who was getting seated.

" Nah. You seem to forget I stay around and moreover I jumped out as soon as you called. My mum was at our place yesterday and she really made a ruckus," Dammy put her handbag aside and shook her head.

" Let me help clear up your room," Bimbola offered and left the living room.

" Thanks dear," Sophia called after her before turning to face Dammy as she sat, " I hope it wasn't so bad," she asked concernedly.

" Enough to make my weekend go this bad with Daniel? Then yes. She told him to let go off me if he and his family planned on wasting her 'precious daughter's ' time. I couldn't find anything to say to Daniel after she left," Dammy told her friend and reached for the remote to turn on the television.

" Aww. That is a call for Daniel to take up. It's sure high time he manned up to his parents," Sophia said observantly, " But I don't want you two having disagreements. You guys are too cute together," she told Dammy making her smile.

" So what was the emergency call for?" Dammy turned the conversation back to Sophia.

" Errm, that is because I've got a little problem. Or big problem, you decide about that when I tell you," Sophia pulled a throw pillow to herself and folded her legs back into the chair.

" Hmm, I'm all ears. Who provoked the queen of Minnesota?" Dammy joked making Sophia pause as she recollected Hannah. She needed to call her up sooner than later, she noted mentally.

" You remember Mike's friend....," Sophia went on to tell Dammy about Dotun and his showing up the previous day to claim Temi and how he had mentioned Abigail in the conversation.

" So you tell me. Little problem or big one?" Sophia asked as she finished.

" Well that depends on a lot of things," Dammy shrugged and started, " I mean if you did sleep with him. Intentionally or otherwise," she gesticulated as Sophia rolled her eyes," He might think he has a right to claim the girl if she was conceived around that time you know," Dammy continued.

Sophia shook her head, " Dotun didn't father my child. The thought scared me for a while but when I gave more thought to it, I left it off. Moreover, have you met Mike? It's like he cloned Temi or something. And I am so not letting Dotun come and ruin my peace a second time," Sophia was already getting angry at thoughts of Dotun fathering her daughter.

" Chill out small o," Dammy said to her calmingly.

" It's not that, Dammy. I just can't bring myself to concur with letting him have a DNA test on my daughter. Lai Lai," Sophia swore and sank back into the sofa.

-------------
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wow, what a lengthy update, believe me, you surely make It up, for your time of been absent

BTW, this abigail is surely a devil to behold, Dotun came on the advice of that witch, and who kuku know, he may be the biological father of temi bayen ooo

Mike or micheal you call yourself, you better succumb to the suggestion of doing DNA, or you father another person 's property... Just saying ni oooo

Mehn, I dey feel this dammy, she's a friend. I mean a good friend per se

Thanks for the update namesake me
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 6:23am On Mar 17, 2015
harjibolar10:
Wow, what a lengthy update, believe me, you surely make It up, for your time of been absent
BTW, this abigail is surely a devil to behold, Dotun came on the advice of that witch, and who kuku know, he may be the biological father of temi bayen ooo
Mike or micheal you call yourself, you better succumb to the suggestion of doing DNA, or you father another person 's property... Just saying ni oooo
Mehn, I dey feel this dammy, she's a friend. I mean a good friend per se
Thanks for the update namesake me

I'm glad you appreciate the update. BTW, Dammys are always nice, trust me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
----------------

Dotun stared at the image on his laptop screen. He had been trying to focus on the building design on the screen and make evaluations but his whole mind was getting distracted so much that he shut the laptop and went to get himself a glass of cold water from the water dispenser in his living room.

" I have to deal with this now," he said to himself and finished his drink to return to get his phone. He scrolled through and dialed a number. It was answered on first ring, " My brother in law calls me? That's worth an award," a young man's voice joked making Dotun laugh.

" I try, Demola. You know I've got loads of work to deal with," Dotun tried explaining to the man.

" Yeah, tell that to we that aren't dating minister's daughters,"
Dotun laughed again. Demola was his elder sister's husband and friend. After his whole showdown with Mike, Demola had been his next confidant. Making him the only one Dotun could think of speaking to now.

" You want to say my sister isn't a good enough option?" He remarked and heard a loud laughter at the other end.

" Jumoke would roast me if she hears that. So what's up? A busy guy doesn't just make calls to exchange pleasantries," Demola observed.

" Smart guy. You didn't change careers without me knowing, did you?" He asked making Demola scoff in disbelief.

" You didn't call to ask if I'm still working as a medical lab. scientist with my dad, did you? You never cease to amaze me, Dotun."

" The thing is I need your help. Sort of," he rephrased getting serious.

" Alright. I'm listening so long as it doesn't involve me lending you money."

" I need to make a paternity test with you. "
Dotun heard Demola sigh, " You finally made trouble, right? Is someone blackmailing you with a child?"

" It would have been better if that was the case," Dotun sat back and relaxed, " The case now is that the mother shows abhorrence to me, so getting the child's sample could prove.... a little difficult," He told Demola who was silent.

After a little pause, Demola finally spoke, " You just try getting the child's hair or saliva....or blood sample. I'd help you with the confirmation since you don't seem to want noise over it."

" I'm glad you understand. I'll get back to you," Dotun bade his brother-in-law and hung up. Now he had to think of how to speak to Sophia. She had every right to detest him but he also had every right to know if he was the father of her child.

--------------

" Are you busy?" Dayo poked his head through the door to Mike's office.

" Not exactly. I've actually been looking for a get away," Mike looked up at Dayo who was already inside the office with him.

" That my friend is the exact reason why you should take the leave your dad asked you to go on. You need to rest before your big day next week," Dayo told him though he fully knew how talks of the upcoming wedding irritated his friend.

" Are you pulling my legs right now?" Mike raised in disbelief.
" If you want to put it at that, then yes. But if you want to be logical, you'd go through with the wedding. You really don't plan on making your dad look like a fool to the whole world. Your wedding budget is not even to be mentioned. Your old man is sure trying hard," Dayo started and sat in the lounge chair.

" I see my father has been spending time making you see reason with him. It is sort of surprising, you know because here I was thinking if no one could comprehend, then Dayo would," Mike turned his chair to face Dayo who was relaxed in the lounge.

" Your being this way is clearly because of your ex and 'mother of your child' but have you asked yourself if she's worth it after all. You said she slept with Dotun. I don't see why you should still think you love her than to get married to Stella anyways...... ," Dayo's tone became quite serious as Mike cut him short suddenly getting annoyed at Dayo's sudden opinion change.

" Cut that out, Dayo. Bringing Sophia and Temi in this is saying you don't know me at all. Sophia or no Sophia, I won't let my dad blackmail me into marrying his goddaughter. I'd rather drive to hell than walk down that aisle and let my dad win again," Mike spat angrily.

" Do you even consider Stella? She loves you just as much as you could wish for," Dayo went on making Mike wonder what his friend ate wrong.
" Well, she should have known what she was getting into when I clearly told her I was never marrying her," he put simply turning away.

" Even if it means you get divorced from her the next day," Dayo suggested persistently.

" Seriously, Dayo. Did you take a wrong medication this morning?" Mike asked in awe.

" I'm just trying to be your friend. Showing you the easier way out," He finally said making Mike gasp.

" Try something else, buddy. Stella would have to marry my best man come next Saturday and this has little to do with Sophia and our daughter. You just know that." Mike assured his friend with a knowing look.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
I really didn't think I would have the cause to say this but I'm not getting really motivated to keep writing this. The comments I expect here are not so forthcoming and I'm nearly having a block.
I'm not exactly a device that processes what next to write. Comments should guide me and in the absence of that........ I'd drop off my pen for now till....whenever.

And I do appreciate the few people that bothered commenting, thanks to you the story got to this point.

1 Like

Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 1:23am On Mar 18, 2015
You've got mail sad.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by folake25(f): 6:11am On Mar 18, 2015
kizzy dear TBH you are doing a great work. I really enjoy your work. Dont be discouraged.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2015
kizzykeziah:
I really didn't think I would have the cause to say this but I'm not getting really motivated to keep writing this. The comments I expect here are not so forthcoming and I'm nearly having a block.
I'm not exactly a device that processes what next to write. Comments should guide me and in the absence of that........ I'd drop off my pen for now till....whenever.

And I do appreciate the few people that bothered commenting, thanks to you the story got to this point.
Hunmmmm

You have every right to give the story a Halt, because motivation and encouragement is what we call the fuel that keep any story going, but come to think of it... I think most people like their moniker to be mentioned, before they could come read and comment

So, I suggest you do some mention and wait for the outcome.. .

This Mike better go on with the wedding, cos me dey have this feeling that, he's not the owner of that kid... And I Dont want it to be dotuns also

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Eothen-Our losses by christabeli: 7:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Nice work here.keep it up
Re: Eothen-Our losses by christabeli: 7:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Nice work here.Keep it up
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Costlybabe: 8:04am On Mar 18, 2015
Kizzy babe,please don't stop,school has been keeping me buzy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Missmossy(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Stumbled on this wonderful piece yesterday, its such an enthralling one. kizzykeziah you are doing a very good job writing this story. Pls don't stop now.

Zyzxx
Babe2sure
MystiqueDZ
Amazingangel
Kizmarty

You are all invited to read this interesting story grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eothen-Our losses by zyzxx(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Missmossy:
Stumbled on this wonderful piece yesterday, its such an enthralling one. kizzykeziah you are doing a very good job writing this story. Pls don't stop now.

Zyzxx
Babe2sure
MystiqueDZ
Amazingangel
Kizmarty

You are all invited to read this interesting story grin
thanks ma'am

Present

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Inheritance / The Last Smile. / The Last Star.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.