Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,585 members, 7,840,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech (1015 Views)

This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by AJOT99(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has called on Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to clear the air on issues surrounding his health.

Femi Fani-Kayode, the Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, made the call at a news conference on Sunday in Abuja.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said the call had become necessary since the health and certificate of Mr. Buhari had become major issues of discussion in the country.

He said the request was a standard practice across the world, adding that the PDP was not in any way antagonising Mr. Buhari by it.

The former aviation minister maintained that the PDP was not making any allegation or accession, but that it was only asking Gen. Buhari to clear the air on issues concerning his health which had been under discussion for some time now.

“We are not impressed by the fact that his campaign organisation and his party have tried to speak for him on this matter,” the spokesperson said in reference to statements by the APC that Mr. Buhari was hale and hearty.

“We would prefer that General Buhari himself clears the air and tells Nigerians himself that he is not mortally ill.

“The rumour that he is suffering from prostate cancer is exceptionally worrying and it is incumbent upon each and every one of us to pray for him if this rumour is true,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said.

He said that it was vital that a full disclosure of the state of Mr. Buhari`s health was made known to the people, especially in the face of the country`s recent history; a reference to the health of late President Umaru Yar’Adua who died in office in 2010.

EFCC case dropped against Fani Kayode as he swings the Jonathan PDP way

Mr. Fani-Kayode said that Nigerians deserved to know the truth before they would make their choice about who they wanted to vote for as their President, come February 14.

He said that the days of hiding things like a presidential candidate`s health status from the Nigerian public was long over, and therefore urged General Buhari to acknowledge this fact.

“In this day and age, nothing ought to be swept under the carpet.

“We are therefore constrained to urge him to prove to Nigerians that he is really as fit as a fiddle by taking a brisk walk,’’ he said.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said Mr. Buhari could do this by jogging around the perimeter of the stadium before any of his rallies.

He said this would go a long way in allaying the fears of many Nigerians and prove that the APC presidential candidate was fit, contrary to speculations about his health.

(NAN)

http://newsrescue.com/president-buhari-jog-round-stadium-campaign-speech-fani-kayode/#axzz3PCvjW5i0
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 19, 2015
“[url=cramjones]Femi Fani Kayode[/url] is my boy. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He’s a smart boy"

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Seaen(m): 12:39am On Jan 19, 2015
Are these people for real? While at it, why not organize an 100m race between him and your candidate to determine who will win the presidential race.... undecided Cluelessness at it's Zenith...
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by jorlons(m): 1:43am On Jan 19, 2015
Seaen:
Are these people for real? While at it, why not organize an 100m race between him and your candidate to determine who will win the presidential race.... undecided Cluelessness at it's Zenith...
You best believe so... All of them in GEJ's administration is saying the same thing. I listened to politics on channels and the minister for state works Dayo warever was guest.....my God see bashing wey dat e.d.o.i.t give d General eh. He went as far as saying Buhari's regime was the worst military regime. He also accused the general on live media of being behind the Boko Haram. A whole minister...i felt like slapping him. He kept talking about certificate, how GEJ is smart because he has PHD and ended up bashing the general on health grounds.

They're desperately fighting to stay out of Prison.. iNEC just berra b ready to conduct this election because PDP with this their desperation will most definitely rig this election. Well lets hope feBUHARI 14th. Will be free and fair

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by ofala(m): 1:57am On Jan 19, 2015
That GEJ is a slow thinker may not be in doubt any more but to have surrounded himself with empty heads is quite baffling!

charix:
“[url=cramjones]Femi Fani Kayode[/url] is my boy. Provide him food, he will eat and then sing for you. He’s a smart boy"

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:00am On Jan 19, 2015
In mi voice, nothing mankind no go ever see.
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by sankky: 2:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Talking about this health debates, I thought we have a provision in our laws that mandates candidates to present their health clearance or stuff like that ?
I know the US also has same.

Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 19, 2015
First time the world has had a globally recognized clueless and incompetent president! This clueless president appointment a man that once told him to kneel and beg Buhari, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo and IBB to forgive him for destroying the nation. This is the same man that is now telling Buhari to run! Give this boy food he will keep singing non stop! How low and incompetent can a president really get? Question for Ivy league engineers!

-CramJones

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Flye: 5:09am On Jan 19, 2015
People in Jonathan administration are really lacking in intelligence and reasoning.
Who can jog round the field among all our politicians across all political divides, with all the stolen wealth hanging around their head.
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by edo3(m): 5:10am On Jan 19, 2015
Maka why na?
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by eseosa77(m): 6:39am On Jan 19, 2015
AJOT99:
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has called on Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to clear the air on issues surrounding his health.

Femi Fani-Kayode, the Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, made the call at a news conference on Sunday in Abuja.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said the call had become necessary since the health and certificate of Mr. Buhari had become major issues of discussion in the country.

He said the request was a standard practice across the world, adding that the PDP was not in any way antagonising Mr. Buhari by it.

The former aviation minister maintained that the PDP was not making any allegation or accession, but that it was only asking Gen. Buhari to clear the air on issues concerning his health which had been under discussion for some time now.

“We are not impressed by the fact that his campaign organisation and his party have tried to speak for him on this matter,” the spokesperson said in reference to statements by the APC that Mr. Buhari was hale and hearty.

“We would prefer that General Buhari himself clears the air and tells Nigerians himself that he is not mortally ill.

“The rumour that he is suffering from prostate cancer is exceptionally worrying and it is incumbent upon each and every one of us to pray for him if this rumour is true,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said.

He said that it was vital that a full disclosure of the state of Mr. Buhari`s health was made known to the people, especially in the face of the country`s recent history; a reference to the health of late President Umaru Yar’Adua who died in office in 2010.

EFCC case dropped against Fani Kayode as he swings the Jonathan PDP way

Mr. Fani-Kayode said that Nigerians deserved to know the truth before they would make their choice about who they wanted to vote for as their President, come February 14.

He said that the days of hiding things like a presidential candidate`s health status from the Nigerian public was long over, and therefore urged General Buhari to acknowledge this fact.

“In this day and age, nothing ought to be swept under the carpet.

“We are therefore constrained to urge him to prove to Nigerians that he is really as fit as a fiddle by taking a brisk walk,’’ he said.

Mr. Fani-Kayode said Mr. Buhari could do this by jogging around the perimeter of the stadium before any of his rallies.

He said this would go a long way in allaying the fears of many Nigerians and prove that the APC presidential candidate was fit, contrary to speculations about his health.

(NAN)

http://newsrescue.com/president-buhari-jog-round-stadium-campaign-speech-fani-kayode/#axzz3PCvjW5i0
Why is this man taking panadol for another person's headache
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 19, 2015
Nowhere in the reported speech did I see "jog round the stadium". Sensational blogging @op, try harder.
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by AJOT99(m): 10:33am On Jan 19, 2015
olrotimi:
Nowhere in the reported speech did I see "jog round the stadium". Sensational blogging @op, try harder.

I laugh in Spanish. Am not perturbed by your insinuation. Check the second to the last paragraph and I enjoin you to use your glasses while reading it. cool
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2015
AJOT99:

I doubt FFK in all his "sound health" can jog around the perimeter of the stadium before any of their rallies. Someone sure fed his dog well- hence the continuous singing.
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by fitzmayowa: 10:54am On Jan 19, 2015
What kind of reasoning is this How many 72yr old man do you see jogging around When does jogging determine how fit someone is to govern nigeria Is jogging a requirement needed for good governance

I swear some people dull pass snail...SMH
Re: President Buhari Should Jog Round The Stadium Before His Campaign Speech by AJOT99(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
I laff in German

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Challenges Aishat Buhari For A Debate / Reaction Of Nigerians On Facebook Over Attack On The President's Convoy / Buhari: Observation Of Buhari's Documents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.