Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People (6068 Views)

FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage / Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by citizenY(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

To the simple like you without a superior argument, things become trash when you have nothing to say to the contrary to convince Nigerians otherwise

OZIN
......Please remain " down under" in Australia. We now know why you are ahead of (or behind ) events.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by gists: 9:25am On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

True! Australia do not import refined petroleum products, but we massively export gold and iron and import the finish product too into Australia. Also GEJ did not run down the refineries, somebody from somewhere started that run-down of the refineries over the years and it took years to systematically bring it down to its knees, therefore it would amount to playing the Ostrich to expect GEJ to fix same refineries within 4 years. The fact is fuel queue has disappeared and people are now allowed to own their own refineries like Dangote is trying to do in Ondo. So please let us be constructive in criticizing GEJ. Staying in Australia does not mean I do not have a huge stake there, I am first and foremost a Nigerian citizen before obtaining the Auistrlian citizenship, I love Nigerian with passion, I have huge stake there in farming and still have love ones there too
You see your problem is you sit down in Australia and conclude that every criticism that gej get is because we hate him just because he is a southerner. Well FYI, I am a southerner too and his brother from Niger Delta i.e Festus Keyamo just shredded to pieces. It will be foolish to deny or using your words "play ostrich" with what keyamo wrote here: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/18/keyamo-explodes-between-jonathan-versus-buhari-here-president-who-destroyed-pdp-and

You also assume we accuse gej of all the evils in Nigeria. Where did anybody blamed gej for running down the refinery? Where did anybody asked gej to fix refinery (even though he has been in power for almost 6 years). Well you are wrong again. We have said it over and over again that gej is not the problem of Nigeria. He is just a silly dumb clueless mor0nic a$$hole compounding the problems.

For many sincere Nigerians like Keyamo, whatever supposed achievement gej might have had elsewhere (like your symbolic disappearance of queues at filling stations hahaha) goes down the drain if he cannot improve on the two most deadly monster threatening our nation.

Of course gej did not destroy the refinery and the electricity industry. We know that and to prove that nobody is playing ostrich, we continue our lives and buy our own personal generators for electricity. Quick question: Do you have to buy petrol in Australia just because you want to iron your shirt?

Similarly, nobody is playing ostrich with the state of bad roads because we have waited good roads for decades. Many of us are lucky enough and have found a way around it with our personal jeep vehicles. Sad, because owing a jeep vehicle is not a solution. So again, we are not really blaming gej for it and not excessively bothered about the lack of this government and its predecessors to provide smooth roads.

Also, many Nigerians have given up on our local schools. We spend millions of dollars to get quality education in foreign countries. Same goes for medical care. All these we have been used to and not really holding gej responsible for not correcting this abnormality.

What we blame gej for is his irresponsible handling of corruption and insecurity. Although both are not new and he certainly didn't bring them to Nigeria, these two cancers have spread to alarming levels that the country is just existing by the grace of God. Have you noticed that the int'l community now mocks us instead of rallying around us to fight corruption and insurgency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyGxQzwZ80?

Did you see or hear of any serious outrage when 100s were killed in Baga like when few people were murdered in France? Its not because they hate us (because the int'l community stood by us when Chibok girls were kidnapped). Its because we have shown we don't value Nigerian lives and are not serious about ending these issues. Keyamo explained it better that I can put it. You can read and be more informed about the country you claim to love and have a stake is being run. http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/18/keyamo-explodes-between-jonathan-versus-buhari-here-president-who-destroyed-pdp-and

3 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by unanonso(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You don't see because you don't pay your bills grin

Now

Go and pay your bills cheesy

I'm sure you know it has nothing to do with bills.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by 100Cents: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:
These APCshiit with their clownish and Buharianboko attitude will not change. Here in Australia, we have less than 24 Million people and Australia produces enough crude oil too, the Australian dollar that was high in value is now trading for 72 U.S cents to 1AUD because of the fall in resources price like oil and iron. Also I still buy fuel at the same price here in Western Australia even though people here are clamouring for a reduction in price due to a fall in the international price of crude oil. Note: Australia produces crude oil as well and the price of fuel remain the same. So a government in Nigeria has taken a good initiative to reduce the price and the do no good, hear no good and see no good are out with their melancholic drum to play their self emotional music for their imbecilic fans to dance to.
Group of shameless people whose party has not told the masses how they plan to stabilize international price of crude oil and where to get the money to dole out N5,000 per persons for Millions of Nigerians instead of creating employment, increasing our resources base and food production capability

GEJ still remain the best president in comparison with what we have had since the 80s in spite of clannish and tribal sentiments against his person. Why is APC not campaigning to build better infrastructures? Reason is because they have nothing to say about it, the roads are coming up, the railway is coming up, the power is coming up, the Airports water transports are coming up. Why cant they mention Agriculture? because there is nothing new they can add to the transformation in this sector... their only campaign point is to mention the vague word corruption when everyone movers in their party is corrupt including the self-styled honest general who enrolled in the Army and became a general without any certificates . May the good Lord open the minds of those who have not taken a position in the presidential election to be able to see through the LIES of these DO NO GOOD, SEE NO GOOD and HEAR NO GOOD of a Party

Seriously, most Nigerians aren't intelligent.

I personally will not allow an illiterate manage my business or finances not to say a country just based on a propaganda of fighting corruption...

To me, Experience and finesse(know how) are more valuable than capital..

2 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by 100Cents: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2015
lgboks:
nice one op
So much love your write up.....dolling out cash won't help our youths because 5k per month go finish the 1st week grin
Industrialisation,employment's,etc are what we need as a country

hope I no waka enter all this political ppl battle zone thread

How much is N5k to a person who doesn't want to work ?

That is my fuel money for one week. N5k will load them BIS or internet subscription for one month and the rest goes to recharge card for a week.

What sort of useless youth empowerment is that ? Our people have sure been reduced to zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by 100Cents: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:
[s][/s]

Your father lack common sense.

Talk of someone who lacks manners and brains at the same time. Just respect yourself. You guys keep surprising people with your level of illiteracy and hooliganism. Someone opened a thread and your response is, " Shut the Bleep ". And human beings are liking his comment.

God have mercy..

2 Likes

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Ezemust: 10:49am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:
[[s]quote author=JudismphD post=29921182] lolz that does not in anyway erase that fact that u are empty and intellectually dull. [/s]

Shut up already! I don't discuss issue with son of a slut like you.
y r u shouting?becareful nt to jam d transformer

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by sleekymag(m): 11:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Let me do some calculations

Average crude oil price in the last one month
Dec 2014 = $60.70 (www.ycharts.com/indicators/average_crude_oil_spot_price)
This is -21.16% from previous month ($76.99)

Average crude oil price in the last one year = $105.48

Old PMS price with partial subsidy = N97
Old PMS price without subsidy - N138/N140, but let's assume it's = N138

Actual oil price at $105.48 = N138 PMS (without subsidy)
New oil price at $60.70 = (60.70/105.48)^138 = N79.41 ~ N80.

Without subsidy, PMS price should be about N80.

However, let's assume because of the fluctuations in price, we can allow for 20% fluctuation.

This implies,
Fluctuation allowance = 0.2*N80 = N16

Actual PMS price without subsidy = N80 + N16 = N96

To allow for some partial subsidy of say N9 per liter,

This implies,
Current PMS Price = N96 - N9 = N87.

*This doesn't put into consideration the recent devaluation of our naira.

My assumptions sha.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by double0seven(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2015
100Cents:

Seriously, most Nigerians aren't intelligent.

I personally will not allow an illiterate manage my business or finances not to say a country just based on a propaganda of fighting corruption...

To me, Experience and finesse(know how) are more valuable than capital..

Only a complete id.iot or a shameless hypocrite will call an internationally exposed person like Buhari who graduated from NDA, went to American War School which personalities like Colllin Powell attended, who has serves as Minister of Petroleum under Obasanjo, who has been a Head of State of Nigeria, who is widely travelled; only a complete idi.ot a shameless hypocrite will call him an illiterate.

Why are you so blinded by bigotry. In the same vein, I guess we can also call Alhaji Dangote an illiterate since his educational attainments is not at all up to that of General Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by perculiarperson: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:
These APCshiit with their clownish and Buharianboko attitude will not change. Here in Australia, we have less than 24 Million people and Australia produces enough crude oil too, the Australian dollar that was high in value is now trading for 72 U.S cents to 1AUD because of the fall in resources price like oil and iron. Also I still buy fuel at the same price here in Western Australia even though people here are clamouring for a reduction in price due to a fall in the international price of crude oil. Note: Australia produces crude oil as well and the price of fuel remain the same. So a government in Nigeria has taken a good initiative to reduce the price and the do no good, hear no good and see no good are out with their melancholic drum to play their self emotional music for their imbecilic fans to dance to.
Group of shameless people whose party has not told the masses how they plan to stabilize international price of crude oil and where to get the money to dole out N5,000 per persons for Millions of Nigerians instead of creating employment, increasing our resources base and food production capability

GEJ still remain the best president in comparison with what we have had since the 80s in spite of clannish and tribal sentiments against his person. Why is APC not campaigning to build better infrastructures? Reason is because they have nothing to say about it, the roads are coming up, the railway is coming up, the power is coming up, the Airports water transports are coming up. Why cant they mention Agriculture? because there is nothing new they can add to the transformation in this sector...their only campaign point is to mention the vague word corruption when everyone movers in their party is corrupt including the self-styled honest general who enrolled in the Army and became a general without any certificates. May the good Lord open the minds of those who have not taken a position in the presidential election to be able to see through the LIES of these DO NO GOOD, SEE NO GOOD and HEAR NO GOOD of a Party

Well said.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
[s]you are daft i repeat you are daft if nigeria is a better place to live you wont go to australia to huzzle and come here to spew trash[/s].

There are many visitors and immigrant in Nigeria as well, and I am sure you will serve them because your mental state is so low that even when you are in Heaven...u will still blame God for your pathetic and low life situation
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
double0seven:

Only a complete id.iot or a shameless hypocrite will call an internationally exposed person like Buhari who graduated from NDA, went to American War School which personalities like Colllin Powell attended, who has serves as Minister of Petroleum under Obasanjo, who has been a Head of State of Nigeria, who is widely travelled; only a complete idi.ot a shameless hypocrite will call him an illiterate.

Why are you so blinded by bigotry. In the same vein, I guess we can also call Alhaji Dangote an illiterate since his educational attainments is not at all up to that of General Buhari.

You can as well allow a retired and internationally exposed illiterate footballer to manage your business, because he is internationally exposed
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Kolade354(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

There are many visitors and immigrant in Nigeria as well, and I am sure you will serve them because your mental state is so low that even when you are in Heaven...u will still blame God for your pathetic and low life situation
you are a fool can you see one australian man coming to nigeria to work.......I dont have to travel to europe or any other country to be successful.........You are daft enough not to reason jonathan adminstration has failed in every aspecT................Fu?k off you this wanke*.................... Come nigerianz to see how pple are suffering. We are sick of corruption,bad roads,unemployment,poor governance.
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
you are a fool can you see one australian man coming to nigeria to work.......I dont have to travel to europe or any other country to be successful.........You are daft enough not to reason jonathan adminstration has failed in every aspec................Bleep off you this wanke*....................

Now I can see all you have in your brain is a concrete, Go to Bonny Island in Rivers state, I know at least 3 Aussies working there
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Kolade354(m): 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

Now I can see all you have in your brain is a concrete, Go to Bonny Island in Rivers state, I know at least 3 Aussies working there
Now i can see you are a twa*..........Are they here to do menial or odd jobs nigerianz are doing in other countries. I believe with your level of exposure you should know basic amenities are not been enjoying by ordinary citizen.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
Now i can see you are a twa*..........Are they here to do menial or odd jobs nigerianz are doing in other countries. I believe with your level of exposure you should know basic amenities are not been enjoying by ordinary citizen.

...and who told you GEJ is the cause of the lack of amenities? Tony Abbot who is the Prime minister here did not build 99% of the infrastructure in Australia, the past leaders and state leaders did. So hold your past leaders, state and local government responsible please and leave GEJ alone

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Kolade354(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

...and who told you GEJ is the cause of the lack of amenities? Tony Abbot who is the Prime minister here did not build 99% of the infrastructure in Australia, the past leaders and state leaders did. So hold your past leaders, state and local government responsible please and leave GEJ alone
Daft guy so if jonathan failed we dont have to hold him responisble cos past leaderz have failed also................ARE YOU COMPARING AUSTRALIAN WITH NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
Daft guy so if jonathan failed we dont have to hold him responisble cos past leaderz have failed also................ARE YOU COMPARING AUSTRALIAN WITH NIGERIA.

No coconut head, I am saying do not blame GEJ for your miserable and unproductive life
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by Kolade354(m): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

No coconut head, I am saying do not blame GEJ for your miserable and unproductive life
fool tell me one australian man here in nigeria who is here to wash dishes at resturant. You dis imbecil*................you are a big fool if you dont knw that jonathan promised us steady power supply in 2011 and up till now we never enjoy 5 hourz light in my state. Modafcuka come to naija to see hw ya mates are hustling and you will knw ur jonathan is daft like you too.
Re: Reduction Of Fuel Price And The Reaction Of A People by double0seven(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozin:

You can as well allow a retired and internationally exposed illiterate footballer to manage your business, because he is internationally exposed

the guy that said you were daft wasn't lying. See your stupid comparison. General Buhari is a statesman; he has being involved in the affairs of running the country all the while before finally becoming Head of State. Even after that, he had severed in several public capacities.

So in what way does he compare with a footballer? See how daft you are.

Collins Powell was made Secretary of States under the Bush Administration. You are the one rather talking like an illiterate. Buhari is by no standards an illiterate. By continuing to say he is just stup.id and blinded bigotry and blind support for the hopelessly corrupt government of Jonathan.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Had A Strange Dream Last Night / PDP National Caretaker Committee: Sheriff In Consistent Falsehood / Meet Francesco, The Only Human With Three Legs And Two Male Organs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.