Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) (4470 Views)

Protest In ATBU Over Lack Of Accommodation / Protest In OAU Over Lack Of Light And Water For Days (photos) / See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Harry3: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
I saw this some where and I decided to bring it here to help me answer this question and know what actually is this university aspirant problem. I think the admission officer is really sincere and telling the dude the truth.

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Adeoba10(m): 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
But atleast u shld av censored d guys name... Dont let us discourage him....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Harry3: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
Adeoba10:
But atleast u shld av censored d guys name... Dont let us discourage him....
I think he needs advice.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Richard6(m): 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
I think d guy in question needs to read his books and prays God gives d family money to sponsor him if he gets admission cus d admission man has already told him d truth. I think he shld leave sorting of admission for d rich people who can afford it. I knw hw much my cousin paid to get medsurg in Unilag this year, its not sometin a poor person can do.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Adeoba10(m): 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
Harry3:

I think he needs advice.
Aiit... Bro....
.Maybe he tot dat he cant gain admission without bribing.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by wizard007(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Honestly the system is bleeped up, majority of prospective students that are poor find it hard to gain admission into institutions of their choice, and studying courses of their choice is almost impossible, especially if you are an average student, when the rich olodo's have bought your spot, it's either you are forced to take a COC form or you wait for another session....nothing is easy for the low class in this hell hole, PHML

4 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Battery1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
Make i even copy out dis man's no, its like i go need am for my sibling.

1 Like

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
@Op. Its so unfortunate you help people get admission into universities but you never had opportunity to attend one yourself. What happened to decency? Imagine your guts exposing someone who confided in you? Your attitude is disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by liveyourlife: 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Maybe he heard this my quotes:

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
-John Dewey

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world.
-Nelson Mandela

Join us. Join [url=http://] Now!!! [/url]

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Battery1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
okoyemike:
@Op. Its so unfortunate you help people get admission into universities but you never had opportunity to attend one yourself. What happened to decency? Imagine your guts exposing someone who confided in you? Your attitude is disheartening.
Pls do u actually understand d post? Wat has d OP got to do wit d post? Is he d one givin admission? Read well b4 u comment. To me OP uploaded wat he saw some where. Shekina!
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Caracta(f): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
Now the whole world is going to be dialing that number...frustrating the owner to get another line or decide not to help the guy again...blocking ways for others as well.

But again, isn't that a private message or was it culled from the wall?

People sha. Always doing right things wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by kropelgrada(m): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Battery1:
Make i even copy out dis man's no, its like i go need am for my sibling.
This got me cracking up with laughter... grin grin grin
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by nimexto(m): 11:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
I tink dis must be Dr Olisah dat my frnd talked abt dat works in NUC. Anyways, my own advice is if u cant read to get admission wit ur headd, let ur money do d work 4u.

GEJ till buhari goes for medical checkup!

1 Like

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Coldplay007(f): 12:39am On Jan 20, 2015
Very ingenious scam thread... advertising your number so that people can call you and you can steal all their money...
Ole...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by zeezahbee(f): 1:00am On Jan 20, 2015
Coldplay007:
Very ingenious scam thread... advertising your number so that people can call you and you can steal all their money...
Ole...
Smarto, that was what I was about saying.

OP how market?
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Osyxcel(m): 1:25am On Jan 20, 2015
wizard007:
Honestly the system is bleeped up, majority of prospective students that are poor find it hard to gain admission into institutions of their choice, and studying courses of their choice is almost impossible, especially if you are an average student, when the rich olodo's have bought your spot, it's either you are forced to take a COC form or you wait for another session....nothing is easy for the low class in this hell hole, PHML

You're quite right, but a lot of people still get admitted based on merit. Once you attain the cut-off mark, and you have all the requirements, they have no choice but to admit such a person.

The person in question should take his books seriously.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2015
Battery1:

Pls do u actually understand d post? Wat has d OP got to do wit d post? Is he d one givin admission? Read well b4 u comment. To me OP uploaded wat he saw some where. Shekina!

Thanks for pointing that out, actually I didn't read the note till this moment.

Apologies OP.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by OneOpinion: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2015

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by iamsegsy(m): 9:08am On Jan 20, 2015
sad these are the ones who will be at forefront of any protest against corruption and yet dey never check themselves.

1 Like

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Skywalker5(m): 10:33am On Jan 20, 2015
I can give you admission into any university and any department. That's not the problem

Who the hell is this guy?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by nimexto(m): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coldplay007:
Ole...
Some pple always reason tru their anus....
Must u pple tink evil of everytin u see?
I personally call dis no and if u see shunnin from d owner of dat no, i didnt know wen i dropped d call.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by jingh(f): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
both are affecting him
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Harry3: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Coldplay007:
Ole...
How i wish i cld be d man sef. Am sure u must be a scammer for such tins to be in ur mind in d first place. Bad nigerian!!
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Yinkatolu: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
scam
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 21, 2015
This same Olisa James! I have continually warned Jambites on UNN Facebook Page, to use their brains, and be wary of this impersonator, how can one fall for this obvious scam?? The same Olisa James" that claims to work with UNN Admission office and was advertising for prospective students to contact him in a thread on UNN Facebook page where I challenged him, now he is promising someone of "Admission into any school of his choice and department" smh.
My Advice... Why don't the young man study hard?? UNN that I know don't joke with high scoring students in PUME And PUME. He can easily get admitted if he performs well. Again there are so many scholarship opportunities, he can take advantage of if he is really brilliant and maintains a really nice CGPA when he is admitted.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Harry3: 9:42am On Jan 22, 2015
flamingtiger:
This same Olisa James! I have continually warned Jambites on UNN Facebook Page, to use their brains, and be wary of this impersonator, how can one fall for this obvious scam?? The same Olisa James" that claims to work with UNN Admission office and was advertising for prospective students to contact him in a thread on UNN Facebook page where I challenged him, now he is promising someone of "Admission into any school of his choice and department" smh.
My Advice... Why don't the young man study hard?? UNN that I know don't joke with high scoring students in PUME And PUME. He can easily get admitted if he performs well. Again there are so many scholarship opportunities, he can take advantage of if he is really brilliant and maintains a really nice CGPA when he is admitted.
U are contradictin urself here. Its like u go abt challangin pple that dnt knw u exist. D person in that photo never promised d guy dmission, he was on his own and d guy came to him based on pple he has helped. Meanwhile, have u seen anyone who said d olisah james has scammed him, lets see d proof as we hv seen a proof of pple praisin him, till then keep quite cus u hv no point.
Re: Is It Poverty Or Lack Of Studying Hard Is This Person's Problem?(photo Included) by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Harry3:

U are contradictin urself here. Its like u go abt challangin pple that dnt knw u exist. D person in that photo never promised d guy dmission, he was on his own and d guy came to him based on pple he has helped. Meanwhile, have u seen anyone who said d olisah james has scammed him, lets see d proof as we hv seen a proof of pple praisin him, till then keep quite cus u hv no point.
It is "quiet" not "quite". Btw keep on looking for persons to help him defraud. You will be caught... One day

(1) (Reply)

List Of Websites To Download Masters/phd Thesis And Dissertation (open Access) / Why My School Remained Open, Despite Covid-19 Lockdown. / Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.