Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). (2522 Views)

"I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out / Man Paralyzed After Policeman Shot Him - Viewers Discretion / Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by scribe2000(m): 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
NB: Please MOD, kindly move this to the right Section, hopefully the Front Page. I am not sure where to post it.

This doctor needs our help. Assistance can be made be clicking on the link below. The link can be shared on various social media as well. God bless you all.

http://www.gofundme.com/TutudesmondNwosu

Dr. Desmond "Tutu" Nwosu is a medical doctor, who was unfortunate to sustain a spinal cord injury when he got involved in a road traffic accident sometime in 2011. This was soon after his graduation from medical school, and happened just before he is yet to forge ahead in his career.

He was initially treated at the National Orthopedics Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria. The injuries left both his arms and legs paralyzed. He is presently at home with his parents and siblings in Enugu, Nigeria.

Tutu, as he is popularly called, is the first of six children, and was supposed to be the bread-winner of the family. He was meant to help train his younger ones, and look after his ageing and now-retired parents. Alas, the reverse is now the case, and the millions spent to fund him through medical school now appear to be in vain.

This young doctor can do nothing for himself, let alone help anyone else. On a daily basis, he fights depression, as well as his physical limitations. His bed sores require treatment. His family is stretched beyond limits. Funds to continue his required treatments are in short supply, as there is basically no steady source of funds to the family.

His family and close friends are doing their best, but this is not enough. He needs an urgent help!!!!!!

Funds realized from this campaign will be used, among other things, for the following:

1. Sustain his daily personal and medical needs;
2. Help employ and pay the bills for a trained Personal Care-giver(s);
3. Help acquire mobility gadgets like motorized wheelchair(s) and hoisting equipment(s);
4. Help acquire entertainment gadgets and electronics to help him through lonely and depressive periods;
5. Help him undergo trainings that might get him gainfully employed. He has expressed interest in taking up teaching position(s) in schools or any other place his skills can be useful in;
6. Possibly, go for further rehabilitation treatments. This can be in Nigeria or overseas. Presently, there are plans for a trip to India, but financing it is a big challenge;

The needs are numerous, and cannot all be listed here. This is even worse in a Nigerian Society, where there is no State-Sponsored welfare package for people with disabilities.

Only we, his friends and well-wishers can help alleviate this pain.

And yes, we can do it!!!

God bless you all as you contribute towards this noble course.

1 Like

Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by medoyin(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Presently, what's his situation because these are old pics..If I may ask, is he paraplegic or tetraplegic.??
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by thiefnubu(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chaiiiiiiii embarassed ...... SO SO VERY SAD...

This is the kind of person that really needs the assistance of well-meaning Nigerians...

Not all those peeps who will squander away their life opportunities rocking padded bumbums, drinking outrageously expensive wines, and cruising expensive rides, only to fall sick later and start soliciting peanuts for their treatment from the public undecided

ALL THE CURRENT G-WAGON AND RANGE-ROVER SPORT CREW SHOULD PLEASE TAKE NOTE.... angry

1 Like

Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by scribe2000(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
medoyin:
Presently, what's his situation because these are old pics..If I may ask, is he paraplegic or tetraplegic.??

The latest picture, where is in a white t shirt was taken on December 18 2014. He is quadriplegic /tetraplegic from a cervical spine injury. In the latest picture, he was being propped up from behind. He cannot use his arms or legs.

1 Like

Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by scribe2000(m): 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please guys, click on the provided link to get more details. God bless.

1 Like

Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is very sad, thanks for the help you're bringing to this man, I'll check it out now. All health care professionals on nairaland should please help, he is one of us sad
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by medoyin(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2015
scribe2000:

The latest picture, where is in a white t shirt was taken on December 18 2014. He is quadriplegic /tetraplegic from a cervical spine injury. In the latest picture, he was being propped up from behind. He cannot use his arms or legs.

I vividly understand his situation because I'm paraplegic and I know what he's going through at the moment. It ain't easy at all.

It only takes God's grace and courage to move on in life. As you have said, I think he's ready to move on but being a tetraplegic, it may take lots of more effort.

To start with and to be frank, an electronic chair is not good in our environment, I suggest he goes for a comfortable manual that he could be assisted with.

To be sincere, lots of educated people don't really know what it means to be in that situation so, its very hard to convince people for assistance. In my situation, I was indoor for 3yrs before I decided to start Uni afresh and its 9yrs now on wheels with no assistance from anybody but my folks. I wrote series of letters to the wife of my gov, eminent people in state and even the famous musician, Yinka Ayefele but none replied. I just have to cry to God and he has been wonderful to me.

I suggest you intensity more effort and hope God will send his helper to him. He may be a doctor but I am more experienced than him in that situation, I'm ready to advice in any form that he may require like managing bedsores, drugs that can used etc..

I'm a student and will raise the little I can to be of assistance.

God bless..!
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by scribe2000(m): 1:30am On Jan 21, 2015
medoyin:

I vividly understand his situation because I'm paraplegic and I know what he's going through at the moment. It ain't easy at all.

It only takes God's grace and courage to move on in life. As you have said, I think he's ready to move on but being a tetraplegic, it may take lots of more effort.

To start with and to be frank, an electronic chair is not good in our environment, I suggest he goes for a comfortable manual that he could be assisted with.

To be sincere, lots of educated people don't really know what it means to be in that situation so, its very hard to convince people for assistance. In my situation, I was indoor for 3yrs before I decided to start Uni afresh and its 9yrs now on wheels with no assistance from anybody but my folks. I wrote series of letters to the wife of my gov, eminent people in state and even the famous musician, Yinka Ayefele but none replied. I just have to cry to God and he has been wonderful to me.

I suggest you intensity more effort and hope God will send his helper to him. He may be a doctor but I am more experienced than him in that situation, I'm ready to advice in any form that he may require like managing bedsores, drugs that can used etc..

God bless..!

This a touching story you have got here. I am glad that in the midst of your difficulty, you still find some kindness in your heart to offer advice and even financial assistance!
God bless you.

I may need to get in contact with you. My friend above may be in need, and I have been doing what I can for him (which is not enough), but I know you too need help.
I'll find a way to contact you...
...I have sent a message to you through the admin. Do try and reply, and we can take it from there.
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by medoyin(m): 3:16am On Jan 21, 2015
scribe2000:

This a touching story you have got here. I am glad that in the midst of your difficulty, you still find some kindness in your heart to offer advice and even financial assistance!
God bless you.

I may need to get in contact with you. My friend above may be in need, and I have been doing what I can for him (which is not enough), but I know you too need help.
I'll find a way to contact you...
...I have sent a message to you through the admin. Do try and reply, and we can take it from there.

Thanks for those kind words.
Replied your message..!
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
scribe2000:
NB: Please MOD, kindly move this to the right Section, hopefully the Front Page. I am not sure where to post it.

This doctor needs our help. Assistance can be made be clicking on the link below. The link can be shared on various social media as well. God bless you all.

http://www.gofundme.com/TutudesmondNwosu

Dr. Desmond "Tutu" Nwosu is a medical doctor, who was unfortunate to sustain a spinal cord injury when he got involved in a road traffic accident sometime in 2011. This was soon after his graduation from medical school, and happened just before he is yet to forge ahead in his career.

He was initially treated at the National Orthopedics Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria. The injuries left both his arms and legs paralyzed. He is presently at home with his parents and siblings in Enugu, Nigeria.

Tutu, as he is popularly called, is the first of six children, and was supposed to be the bread-winner of the family. He was meant to help train his younger ones, and look after his ageing and now-retired parents. Alas, the reverse is now the case, and the millions spent to fund him through medical school now appear to be in vain.

This young doctor can do nothing for himself, let alone help anyone else. On a daily basis, he fights depression, as well as his physical limitations. His bed sores require treatment. His family is stretched beyond limits. Funds to continue his required treatments are in short supply, as there is basically no steady source of funds to the family.

His family and close friends are doing their best, but this is not enough. He needs an urgent help!!!!!!

Funds realized from this campaign will be used, among other things, for the following:

1. Sustain his daily personal and medical needs;
2. Help employ and pay the bills for a trained Personal Care-giver(s);
3. Help acquire mobility gadgets like motorized wheelchair(s) and hoisting equipment(s);
4. Help acquire entertainment gadgets and electronics to help him through lonely and depressive periods;
5. Help him undergo trainings that might get him gainfully employed. He has expressed interest in taking up teaching position(s) in schools or any other place his skills can be useful in;
6. Possibly, go for further rehabilitation treatments. This can be in Nigeria or overseas. Presently, there are plans for a trip to India, but financing it is a big challenge;

The needs are numerous, and cannot all be listed here. This is even worse in a Nigerian Society, where there is no State-Sponsored welfare package for people with disabilities.

Only we, his friends and well-wishers can help alleviate this pain.

And yes, we can do it!!!

God bless you all as you contribute towards this noble course.

Hello, how is he doing now, brother? I am also in the same shoes as him, so I fully understand.

Please, have you ever thought of considering an adult stem cell transplant for him? We all know this is not a cure, but it may help improve his condition for better independence, especially in the use of his upper limbs. The research is developing daily, and in more advanced countries, there are signification success stories.

I plan to take that treatment, so I don't know his thoughts. Feel free to contact me.
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
medoyin:

God bless..!

Dear brother, we are in the same shoes. I wrote letters to the same people you wrote letters to. But no assistance. We can keep touch.
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by medoyin(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
sarzy:

Dear brother, we are in the same shoes. I wrote letters to the same people you wrote letters to. But no assistance. We can keep touch.

Hmm,I will like to meet and know more about you bro. If you don't mind you can drop your number and be added to a whatsapp forum. You can search nanaman on NL to see the forum.

All is well bro.!!!
Re: This Doctor Was Paralyzed After An Accident. Please Kindly Assist (pics). by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
medoyin:

Hmm,I will like to meet and know more about you bro. If you don't mind you can drop your number and be added to a whatsapp forum. You can search nanaman on NL to see the forum.

All is well bro.!!!

Bro, I'm very sorry about the whatsapp issue. In fact, I sent you an email explainig this but you didnt reply. I've seen your picture request. Please, bear with me; my whatsapp is still giving me problems till now and I dont know how to resolve it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Dark/black Spot On Your Face In A Month Guaranteed!!! / Hives: How Do I Deal With It? / Fibroidclear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.