Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. (33143 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At London Heathrow With Omokri / Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan / Enugu Train Station Revived By President Jonathan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
kaboninc:

Do you have a problem with what he said?

Or are they LIES? angry

Lol, I should ask you instead grin
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by chiefolododo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Our dear President Goodluck Jonathan has in the course of the life this administration, used and dropped so many words of wisdom; to which we can learn a lot from...It is food for thought for all and worthy of our meditation topics in our quite time...

1)MY AMBITION IS NOT WORTH THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN... GEJ

2)DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR SACRIFICE AND TOLERANCE, AN OPEN EAR AND A STRONG VOICE...GEJ

3)CYNICISM AND SCEPTICISM WILL NOT HELP OUR JOURNEY TO GREATNESS. LET US BELIEVE IN A NEW NIGERIA...GEJ

4)I PREFER TO SEE THE SILVER LINING IN A DARK CLOUD RATHER THE DARK CLOUD IN A SILVER LINING... GEJ

5)WE ARE NOT SWORN ENEMIES... WE'RE NEIGHBORS WHO SOMETIMES OFFEND EACH OTHER BUT CAN ALWAYS SIT DOWN TO TALK OVER OUR DIFFERENCES...GEJ

6)OUR FOUNDING FATHERS...DID NOT DREAM OF A COUNTRY WHERE NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS WOULD EXCHANGE BULLETS IN PLACE OF HANDSHAKES...GEJ

7)GOD IS A GOD OF DIVERSITY. GOD CREATED A DIVERSE WORLD FOR HIS OWN PURPOSE. WHAT WILL THE WORLD LOOK LIKE IF ALL OF US WERE OF THE SAME HEIGHT, COLOUR, GENDER, NATIONALITY AND ETHNICITY? I THINK IT WILL BE BORING...GEJ

coolI HAVE COME TO LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN OF IDEAS, NOT ONE OF CALUMNY. I HAVE TO COME TO PREACH LOVE, NOT HATE. I HAVE COME TO BREAK YOU AWAY FROM DIVISIVE TENDENCIES OF THE PAST WHICH HAVE SLOWED OUR DRIVE TO TRUE NATIONHOOD. I HAVE NO ENEMIES TO FIGHT. YOU ARE ALL MY FRIENDS AND WE SHARE A COMMON DESTINY...GEJ

9)IN PRESENTING MYSELF FOR SERVICE, I MAKE NO PRETENCE THAT I HAVE A MAGIC WAND THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS OR THAT I AM THE MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN... GEJ

10)ANY SOCIETY OR COUNTRY THAT CLOSES THE VITAL VALVES OF ITS DEMOCRATIC SPACE CANNOT DEVELOP AT A REASONABLE PACE...GEJ

There are so many more to add...but let me allow others to contribute before I continue again...
God bless Our President...
God bless us Citizens...
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria...
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by chiefolododo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dont forget this ... Stealing is not corruption
Whynotthetruth:
Our dear President Goodluck Jonathan has in the course of the life this administration, used and dropped so many words of wisdom; to which we can learn a lot from...It is food for thought for all and worthy of our meditation topics in our quite time...

1)MY AMBITION IS NOT WORTH THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN... GEJ

2)DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR SACRIFICE AND TOLERANCE, AN OPEN EAR AND A STRONG VOICE...GEJ

3)CYNICISM AND SCEPTICISM WILL NOT HELP OUR JOURNEY TO GREATNESS. LET US BELIEVE IN A NEW NIGERIA...GEJ

4)I PREFER TO SEE THE SILVER LINING IN A DARK CLOUD RATHER THE DARK CLOUD IN A SILVER LINING... GEJ

5)WE ARE NOT SWORN ENEMIES... WE'RE NEIGHBORS WHO SOMETIMES OFFEND EACH OTHER BUT CAN ALWAYS SIT DOWN TO TALK OVER OUR DIFFERENCES...GEJ

6)OUR FOUNDING FATHERS...DID NOT DREAM OF A COUNTRY WHERE NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS WOULD EXCHANGE BULLETS IN PLACE OF HANDSHAKES...GEJ

7)GOD IS A GOD OF DIVERSITY. GOD CREATED A DIVERSE WORLD FOR HIS OWN PURPOSE. WHAT WILL THE WORLD LOOK LIKE IF ALL OF US WERE OF THE SAME HEIGHT, COLOUR, GENDER, NATIONALITY AND ETHNICITY? I THINK IT WILL BE BORING...GEJ

coolI HAVE COME TO LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN OF IDEAS, NOT ONE OF CALUMNY. I HAVE TO COME TO PREACH LOVE, NOT HATE. I HAVE COME TO BREAK YOU AWAY FROM DIVISIVE TENDENCIES OF THE PAST WHICH HAVE SLOWED OUR DRIVE TO TRUE NATIONHOOD. I HAVE NO ENEMIES TO FIGHT. YOU ARE ALL MY FRIENDS AND WE SHARE A COMMON DESTINY...GEJ

9)IN PRESENTING MYSELF FOR SERVICE, I MAKE NO PRETENCE THAT I HAVE A MAGIC WAND THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS OR THAT I AM THE MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN... GEJ

10)ANY SOCIETY OR COUNTRY THAT CLOSES THE VITAL VALVES OF ITS DEMOCRATIC SPACE CANNOT DEVELOP AT A REASONABLE PACE...GEJ

There are so many more to add...but let me allow others to contribute before I continue again...
God bless Our President...
God bless us Citizens...
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria...
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by munex007(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
This campaign should be about those issues. It should be about today and the future; about securing Nigerian lives and Nigerian land."

"I clearly underrated the panic and lack of integrity that leads people to tell barefaced lies, and must confess, it continues to confound me"

We have not spoken about the President's family, his health, his religion, his ethnic group, or his phone number."

"I have run for office before, but I have consistently done so without desperation or anger, because elections are not war."

Why should candidates tell so many frantic lies in order to win elections, if truly their purpose is to ‘transform’ the lives of our people?"

It is a tragedy to see the ruling party focus on pettiness and lies; rumours of cancer, foreign treatment, and certificates they know exist."

Hundreds, perhaps thousands of Nigerians died in #Baga days ago. Our unemployment numbers are rising."

The businesses of our enterprising youth are being killed by lack of access to finance and poor economic policies."

The desperation is beyond my understanding. #ThingsMustChange"

What is this obsession with lies? What is this obsession with pettiness? What is this obsession with threats and attacks?"

All of us, citizens and voters need to ask ourselves – why is our President so desperate?"

How can the President of this country be talking about remembering phone numbers and coup speeches?"

How can his campaign be talking about dead ex-leaders, jogging around the stadium and outright lies about my health?"

Where is his fabled calm, where is his reserve, where is his composure? Why is he so ruffled? Why is he so frustrated and afraid?"

How can a President who has led this country for six years be unable to run on his own record and his achievements?"

We should be deeply worried that a President who called for calm during governorship elections has now lost his cool in his own elections."

Let us focus on those issues, please. Elections are not war. February 14 is not about politicians. It is about our country."

We are lucky to have in this election two people who have led this country. I am proud to present our record of solutions and effectiveness."

We have presented our vision and plans – through our manifesto (available on http://thisisbuhari.com) and our town hall meetings."

We have only presented our record – how we fought insurgencies, how we stabilised the naira, how we tackled corruption."

I am appealing to you: the damage to this country is great. The level of unemployment and insecurity is intolerable, worsened by
corruption."

Therefore, I shall refuse to indulge the smear campaign. I refuse to allow them take away the focus from the issues that concern you."

We insist on a campaign of hope, change and the future. This election is about big, important issues. We refuse to play it small."

Join us as we continue the relentless pace of our rallies in Minna and Kaduna today. #Change is finally here, my friends. - GMB"

duality:
@OP, good one from you.

"I have never been driven by the love of power. Rather, I have gotten to where I am today by the power of love"

- President Jonathan

In Lagos.

Sadly, I seem not to have picked any from GMB. I think it's because of so much noise and hot air from his camp.

Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by nigerianvenom(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Good one there@duality...
BlackTechnology, anonimi, Sincere9gerian, datolee, nigerianvenom, Truck pusher, eleven, PhockPhockMan, KwoiZabo and other men of goodwill...

he is a learned gentleman,hence such quotes.
i am yet to see a politician as humble as GEJ.this man is a role model to all including his enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
chiefolododo:
Dont forget this ... Stealing is not corruption

Thanks for adding it...hope this and similar news will be your story; since you can keep record of negatives so well...
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Peculiarni(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Wish well the same set of people seeking for the death of another Presidential Aspirant?? Abeg go sit down for Otuoke with your meaningless quotes...So one should vote for GEJ because he made quotes that are not synonymous in anyway with what is on ground in his useless government? Some of you have eyes blocked totally with mediocrity.
dont mind him the few people that supported gej are those he gave employment slot to sell it to poor nigerians gej prefare selling of slot than open recruitment
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
bola4dprec:
“We will stop corruption and make the ordinary people, the weak and the vulnerable our top priority,” Gen. Buhari said during his declaration of participating in the 2015 elections.

Don't you see that you're as dumb and unintelligent as the man(buhari) you support
I am writing about "philosophical quotes" which have meanings beyond the face value. Quotes with both implicit and explicit connotations.
It is NOT about mere campaign promises as you've wrongly being posting around here...Next time; think before jumping into the fray to disgrace yourself... pele!!!
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by ollyruffy: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Imagine quotes. GEJ and his followers just keep decieving themselves.

We want quotes of how he has improved the living standards of ordinary man on the street.

His tenure expires by Feb 14. Rigging cannot help him this time around.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
Peculiarni:
dont mind him the few people that supported gej are those he gave employment slot to sell it to poor nigerians gej prefare selling of slot than open recruitment

Don't you think that even with an "open recruitment" as you said, that your type will still fail? Given that you can't even write correct spellings, with good punctuations now that you're relaxed at home. Imagine when placed under tension in an interview hall
BTW What skill have you acquired to distinguish yourself from others? Or what extra qualification do you have? Is it your right that government must employ you directly? How have you taken advantage of the numerous policies of this government?...keep blaming others for your woes...never look inwards... pele
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by inalegwu99(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
sai gmb

Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Onyiido: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
sexymoma:
Na quote we wan chop?
Na quote go bring back chibok gurls?
Na quotes go bring back the 1. kinikan billion wey dey miss?
Na quotes go eradicate hunger?
Na quotes go stop Boko Haram?
Na quotes go reduce Fuel Price?

This man doesn't know what it takes to become a president.....He got there only ''By Grace"
And i think the grace is "Enough"
At least its working for him, still appreciate him for that
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by twerkjack: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

child of anger & hatred...hope you won't kpai by the time GEJ's swearing in ceremony is on...
IF I HEAR.... PREPARE FOR SHAME angry
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Kbraims(m): 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
sexymoma:
Na quote we wan chop?

This man doesn't know what it takes to become a president.....He got there only ''By Grace"
kudos 2 u,9ce reply!
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by olamieseun(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
Macelliot:
I think GEJ has a good ambition for Nigeria, but Boko Haram does not allow people see the good in him.

so because boko haram don't allow him to rule us make him wt him wife embezzle all our money? dirz God oh
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by upcrown2512(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
When the purpose of things are not known: abuse is inevitable. Leader are celebrated based on their impact and performance. Not on a mere words.
1 STEALING is not a CORRUPTION.
2. Buhari jailed somebody because of that cannot buy Peageut.
3 I will fight CORRUPTION with technology not by putting the corrupt people in jail.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by upcrown2512(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
When the purpose of things are not known: abuse is inevitable. Leader are celebrated based on their impact and performance. Not on a mere words.
1 STEALING is not a CORRUPTION.
2. Buhari jailed somebody because of that cannot buy Peageut.
3 I will fight CORRUPTION with technology not by putting the corrupt people in jail.
You must mark your words with ACTIONS.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by DobleO7: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
Unibenstudent:
This are normal quotes even seun can say this things,,

Hahahaha..Normal qoute indeed. Leave Seun and qoute yours.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Bonethugss: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
This is truly the beauty of democracy: diverse views and freedom of speech...
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
twerkjack:
IF I HEAR.... PREPARE FOR SHAME angry

No probs darling...you're wearing your boots already... be ready to run away on exile...don't remove those shoes...
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by bola4dprec(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Don't you see that you're as dumb and unintelligent as the man(buhari) you support
I am writing about "philosophical quotes" which have meanings beyond the face value. Quotes with both implicit and explicit connotations.
It is NOT about mere campaign promises as you've wrongly being posting around here...Next time; think before jumping into the fray to disgrace yourself... pele!!!
Your stupidity knows no bounds...ediota!!! You tagged quotes as a development
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by stan40: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
No President resign during war.GEJ
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Johnsinia(m): 9:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
sexymoma:
Na quote we wan chop?

thank God u realises the fact Gej got there by grace and until the grace is done on him no mortal fresh can object, hence, death await dat fresh. My dear, allow grace 2 b done with him, dnt fight 4 God, he knws better dan ur sentimental thought. Peace.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
You forgot this great quote
"The Fact That Many Nigerians Own Private Jets Is Sign Poverty Is Not So Bad"
Round of applause..greatness
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Johnsinia:

thank God u realises the fact Gej got there by grace and until the grace is done on him no mortal fresh can object, hence, death await dat fresh. My dear, allow grace 2 b done with him, dnt fight 4 God, he knws better dan ur sentimental thought. Peace.
see your man of grace there..abi you get private jet?
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
Havin said that I am not suporting buhari either..he just says Change..change where
Plus he could be behing boko haram
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by Seempliehuman(m): 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
laughing
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by tiwiex(m): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
otijah:
I bet you buhari can't even interprete one these quotes not to talk giving us his own wise quotations, shebi na person wey go school, get cert go speak english
#GEJ till buhari ..
Na by quote? The guy no deliver na. E for go lecture quotes and leave governance alone.
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by twerkjack: 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No probs darling...you're wearing your boots already... be ready to run away on exile...don't remove those shoes...
YEA IL USE EM TO GYRATE WHEN MA MAN WINS tongue
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by MaconAwire(m): 6:07am On Jan 21, 2015
Demdem:
Stealing isn't corruption - Jonathan.
B4 is stealing, corruption abi u nid a dictionary?
Re: Great Quotes By President Goodluck Jonathan. by PassingShot(m): 6:14am On Jan 21, 2015
[size=15pt]"... If anyone steals $50 billion or $20 billion anywhere America will know, they will tell you where it is; it is their money.”[/size]

The dumbest quote of all time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi Overtook Lagos Because Yahaya Bello Refused To Lockdown - Opinion / Chika Onuegbu Is Dead / Tinubu Speaks On Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.