Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Should I Have Allowed Her? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Allowed Her? (25035 Views)

My Husband Did This When I Allowed His Female Friend Live With Us / I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. / Must We Bury People With Fanfare? , Rantings allowed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
mutter:

I am not a man cool
So all this trash you emptied here did not fall into my bin.

As a woman I strongly object to you calling that woman a Love peddler.
That is a young girl that was at the very worst deceived into believing she was in a serious relationship.
She was doing what most ladies and men do - having a relationship and hoping it would lead to marriage.
When I encourage women to have respect and be submissive, some women here cry out that I do not have regard for women, some even think I must be a man.
But I have so much regard for women that I respect them as women. I would never address a fellow woman as a LovePeddler.

Let me tell you something. Some very bad and useless girls out there have had the luck to be put in a mans house.
But believe you my there are so wonderful very decent girls out there that deserve it more than you and are much more respectable than you. That have a more decent relationship than your marriage.

For what it is worth, I liked your posts @ mutter
Kinda classy
Cheers
...and a happy New Year

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by damiso(f): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
My last word on this..

Me am I not bothered about side chic, main chic , left chic, side chic I am not even bothered about if it was the other way round I.e. madam and hubby were the ones who went to mistress' s house or even if two male friends and one tiv, english ,one Chinese or thai person etc etc etc grin grin grin grin whatever.

There is a reason I alluded to children's manners and that is because one of the main reason why we teach children not to accept things from strangers or even take things without asking is to teach them courtesy and delayed gratification well into adulthood. Of course there are different scenarios that could pan out but my point all along was seeking permission or respecting other boundaries and other people property. If we expect children to respect boundaries I don't get why we can't expect the same from adults.To me it does not even matter if I don't mind if same is done to me. In uni my friends used to borrow all my stuff all the time for parties and for some of my besties sef without permission.But me I will ask o I even rarely used to borrow people's stuff. I would say ' t is it ok if I use ur red purse' and I always used to get why are you asking naa but that's how I am.

Now I am not saying there are no grey areas (esp when relationships and bonds have been built) but I honestly don't actually believe we are actually saying its ok to take something of someone we don't have a rapport without permission. And yes like I said earlier I get 'we' all don't mind but mine and others point has been more etiquette expected on the part of the guest.

And I know we all say I will never go and sleep in a stranger's house that I won't be free but you can't tell in life.My mum was flying to Dubai once on Emirates and they had to have an emergency landing in Abu Dhabi.It was quite late and Emirates was trying their best to get them hotels but most were fully booked.Luckily she was travelling with her friend and that friend had a merchant who she was a very good customer to that had a house in Abu Dhabi.The man took them in for the night and they left for Dubai the next morning. He was a stranger to my mum and you can't be more paranoid grin than my mother.Her friend assured her and they gave them an ensuite room for the night.She came back to tell us stories of how accommodating arabs could be (me I told her u no know much arab dey make from alh ni grin).So one can't always say what life throws at you.

In my service yr, I stayed with people who my dad knew but in the true sense of it were strangers as I had never met them and they were very accommodating but I still took the cue of my hosts and respected myself.The wife told my dad later that she was so impressd.

Everyone was just hung up on the nitty gritty of what the host did wrong and how they would NEVER do suchand skirted around the issue of if they would the same as the guest.

Its all good sha and we are all different so we can't all see things the same way but on my own part sha I would NEVER go into the kitchen of someone I met the night before (even if we were cordial) and cook without permission. Get water maybe but cook.. lai lai.if I am hungry I will wait or go and buy food.besides I be ever ready I always have 1 or 2 cereal bars in my bag grin

6 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by soulglo: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
People can only say what they feel, which is not always correct, so people pointing out what Nigerian women do, shouldn't be a yardstick for judging this girl,unless you are agreeing all Nigerian women are the same, no?

I, on other hand, am judging madam based on her words which we all agree is covered in bile, In this case, I'd like to say that words should hold more relevance than looks, do you disagree?

Admitting not wanting to be there, doesn't have to have something to do with madam. Like ma'am Chaircover said in one of her posts, the girl probably wanted alone time with her man and was disappointed, it doesn't mean she blames madam for it, one is allowed to feel disappointed, where's the crime in that?

Having a problem with being there in the first place is not about the madam,unless they've had a previous encounter and are beefing each other, which isn't the case here.

I never said it should be a yardstick. I am saying that the people who are pointing that out are willing to use that argument for the madam but not for her guest. That's my point.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by soulglo: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
damiso:
My last word on this..

Me am I not bothered about side chic, main chic , left chic, side chic I am not even bothered about if it was the other way round I.e. madam and hubby were the ones who went to mistress' s house or even if two male friends and one tiv, english ,one Chinese or thai person etc etc etc grin grin grin grin whatever.

There is a reason I alluded to children's manners and that is because one of the main reason why we teach children not to accept things from strangers or even take things without asking is to teach them courtesy and delayed gratification well into adulthood. Of course there are different scenarios that could pan out but my point all along was seeking permission or respecting other boundaries and other people property. If we expect children to respect boundaries I don't get why we can't expect the same from adults.To me it does not even matter if I don't mind if same is done to me. In uni my friends used to borrow all my stuff all the time for parties and for some of my besties sef without permission.But me I will ask o I even rarely used to borrow people's stuff. I would say ' t is it ok if I use ur red purse' and I always used to get why are you asking naa but that's how I am.

Now I am not saying there are no grey areas (esp when relationships and bonds have been built) but I honestly don't actually believe we are actually saying its ok to take something of someone we don't have a rapport without permission. And yes like I said earlier I get 'we' all don't mind but mine and others point has been more etiquette expected on the part of the guest.

And I know we all say I will never go and sleep in a stranger's house that I won't be free but you can't tell in life.My mum was flying to Dubai once on Emirates and they had to have an emergency landing in Abu Dhabi.It was quite late and Emirates was trying their best to get them hotels but most were fully booked.Luckily she was travelling with her friend and that friend had a merchant who she was a very good customer to that had a house in Abu Dhabi.The man took them in for the night and they left for Dubai the next morning. He was a stranger to my mum and you can't be more paranoid grin than my mother.Her friend assured her and they gave them an ensuite room for the night.She came back to tell us stories of how accommodating arabs could be (me I told her u no know much arab dey make from alh ni grin).So one can't always say what life throws at you.

[b]In my service yr, I stayed with people who my dad knew but in the true sense of it were strangers as I had never met them and they were very accommodating but I still took the cue of my hosts and respected myself.[/b]The wife told my dad later that she was so impressd.

Everyone was just hung up on the nitty gritty of what the host did wrong and how they would NEVER do suchand skirted around the issue of if they would the same as the guest.

Its all good sha and we are all different so we can't all see things the same way but on my own part sha I would NEVER go into the kitchen of someone I met the night before (even if we were cordial) and cook without permission. Get water maybe but cook.. lai lai.if I am hungry I will wait or go and buy food.besides I be ever ready I always have 1 or 2 cereal bars in my bag grin
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Spicylate(f): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
Unionised:
Women!

Una too get wahala.

So you couldn't endure a single day?

Now a momentary impatience, see you apologizing to everybody.

Very avoidable.

But no, you just had to bring yourself down.

SMH
endure and ignore insult and disrespect in my own home, Godforbid. so that next time i will also endure it? mba nu.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Unionised(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
Spicylate:

endure and ignore insult and disrespect in my own home, Godforbid. so that next time i will also endure it? mba nu.

Look beyond your nose...

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Spicylate(f): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Unionised:

Look beyond your nose...
would have loved to but coach i dont know how to.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Unionised(m): 7:24am On Jan 23, 2015
Spicylate:

would have loved to but coach i dont know how to.

Nice retort.

Patience is a virtue...
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2015
Stop taring yoruba women with the same brush. Being paranoid and suspicious is your personal choice. I've met women that are so easy going you would think they're hippies. Or men. tongue

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2015
BoboYekini:
Stop taring yoruba women with the same brush. Being paranoid and suspicious is your personal choice. I've met women that are so easy going you would think they're hippies. Or men. tongue

Thank you.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Spicylate(f): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2015
Unionised:

Nice retort.

Patience is a virtue...
abi ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Odebunmi Ashabi Celebrates Her Quadruplets 1st Birthday (Photos) / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.