Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,082 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari (16962 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Chibok Girls Shouldn’t Be A Yardstick For Judging Us / PDP Leaders : Buhari, Judiciary, INEC Behind Our Electoral Woes / I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by babadee1(m): 9:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Joejonah:
The North should hold Amaechi responsible, if my husband dies -
Aisha Buhari
Following the collapse of General Muhammadu Buhari in Calabar
in Cross River State.
Mrs Aisha Buhari; the wife of the APC presidential candidate
General Muhammed Buhari has called on the northern elites to
hold Gov. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi responsible should anything
happens to her husband.
" My husband is almost 80 years old. The 72 years is an official
age to prevent an early retirement in the Nigeria Army.
The man is actually 79 years and would be 80 this year. He is not
strong to go through this campaign. They are simply torturing my
husband. They keep reassuring me that drugs can sustain him.
For Gov. Babatunde Raji Fashola to consider Jimi Agbade at 57
old, and my husband Buhari at 79 fit, is simply a conspiracy to
make me a widow before my time.
Please I'm calling on the Northern elites to plead with Gov.
Amaechi and the leadership of the APC to kindly substitute my
husband, because he's not fit to contest this election. When I was
told his credentials were not in sight, I was jubilant because I felt
that would have automatically disqualified him from the contest."

All liars shall partake in the lake of fire and eternal torment. Repent of your lies or perish.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2015
They are talking abt how many people they've executed in order to take power frm them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by omololu2020(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
Gmajor:

u were making sense till u got to number 5. who cares abt what the northerners want ?
just d way pple from d south south(eg adari dokunbo,edwin clark) feel wen eva dey know GEJ will b voted out in feb 14 2015.dats d way Northerners feel wen somone says a Northerner will die in power
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Dee60: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
Is there any decent person left in PDP?
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2015
crownprince102:
All sane Nigerians should have realised now who really are the "motor park tout". Before typing trash here:
1. Consider yourself to be a family member of Yaradua, Abacha or Muhammed, how will you fell seeing this?
2. Will you ever wish for someone at Fayose's age do this to you in future when you are in your 70s.
3. Can you be proud of your father if your dad happens to be involved in this reckless act.
4. Put yourself in Buhari's shoe, what would you have done?
5. Consider yourself to be a northerner, will you be happy with this even if you are a supporter GEJ.
6. Is this advisable in a country of ethnic and tribal differences? can't it lead to anarchy?
I won't still be dissapointed if some pple come here and type nonsense because Abacha's son is still supporting GEJ despite this outrageous assault on the entire abacha family. I 'm a yoruba boy but Fayose is a disgrace to the yoruba nation.

Brilliant post.

Many of our politicians just don't think things through before they act.

The advert was not only crude but intuitively counter-productive. How do you sway voters to your side with such drivel?
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by AJOT99(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Bros, it is part of it

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Eziachi: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2015
Oildichotomy:
While I have issues with the advert and the inciting comments it contains.

I take solace in the fact judging from all antecedents, GEJ has been the most insulted president in the history of Nigeria and not because he deserves it or he is the worst president to come out of Nigeria but the rise of Social Media and the Minority factor has played a great role in fanning the insults.

My only grouse is, that is coming from a Government official
You are wrong, you are missing the point. Insult is not the same as criticism, even harsh criticism. That what Jonathan has faced at most, harsh criticism and not an insult.
No one has officially questioned why Jonathan has children outside his matrimonial home? By official I meant an organised society groups, political parties, government agencies and government official.

If you and I go to Twitter and do what Fayose did, it will probably will not carry such weight but because of the source it came from and the medium used, it was no longer criticism but insult, criminal act because it carry a threat to a human life.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Eziachi: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2015
If Fayose is to call Buhari names based on his physical status, dressing sense etc, no one will care but what he did in the UK would have led to his arrest because threatening someone 's life even on Twitter in the UK now attracts a criminal charges.

So forget about partisanship, Jonathan is desperate, hence the reason his campaign has kept mute.
Why do think in America there are audio or written signature to every election Ad on every medium signalling that the candidate approves such Ad?
Does Jonathan approves Fayose Ad mocking the death of former rulers including his own boss?
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by abuharris: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2015
But he barely say anything...never heard him speak for once.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by ikotec: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2015
JONA IS A YOUNG MAN WITH DEAD BRAIN. GMB AN OLD MAN WITH SOUND BRAIN. i hv a test that non hv passed. TRY SPEAKING GOOD ON jona WITHOUT LIEING OR SOUNDING ILLOGICAL. RENTED NLANDERS GIVE THIS A TRY
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by melomelo: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2015
crownprince102:
All sane Nigerians should have realised now who really are the "motor park tout". Before typing trash here:
1. Consider yourself to be a family member of Yaradua, Abacha or Muhammed, how will you fell seeing this?
2. Will you ever wish for someone at Fayose's age do this to you in future when you are in your 70s.
3. Can you be proud of your father if your dad happens to be involved in this reckless act.
5. Consider yourself to be a northerner, will you be happy with this even if you are a supporter GEJ.
6. Is this advisable in a country of ethnic and tribal differences? can't it lead to anarchy?
I won't still be dissapointed if some pple come here and type nonsense because Abacha's son is still supporting GEJ despite this outrageous assault on the entire abacha family. I 'm a yoruba boy but Fayose is a disgrace to the yoruba nation.
GO and Jump into pacific or antarctic ocean. It is only when PDP reply APC that your ear's lobes raise-up. Red neck people.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Xslaze3xd(m): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
crownprince102:
you are very very very right
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by crownprince102: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
melomelo:

GO and Jump into pacific or antarctic ocean. It is only when PDP reply APC that your ear's lobes raise-up. Red neck people.
Like I said earlier, I wont be dissapointed if some pigs come out to type trash here....... Even Abacha's son is behind Jonathan despite the big assault on his family and Kano state in general. It clearly shows you would do the same if your father is involve in this. Keep it up bro, their is always payback for all our deed.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by melomelo: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
MacMaster01:
Fellow Nigerians, as we have just few days to Our elections, below are some vital things we must consider before casting our vote:

1.Buhari killed Ben Ogedengbe by a death penalty for a crime that didn't carry death penalty when he committed it.

2.Buhari doesn't attend the Federal Council meetings yet collects his allowances. Mr. Integrity indeed.

3.Buhari canceled former Governor Jakande's metroline and forfeited the $50 million paid for it by the then Lagos State Government.

4.Buhari used violence to stop the September 1985 National Conference of the National AssociatIon of Nigeria Students.

5.Buhari jailed Tai Solarin and denied him his asthma drugs simply because he campaigned against military rule and for democracy.

6.Buhari Jailed Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing a truthful report which embarrassed his Government.

7.Buhari raided respected Papa Awolowo's house and seized his passport so he couldn't travel out of the country.Was he also corrupt?

8.Buhari threw former Vice President Alex Ekweme in jail even though it was proven that Ekweme never stole any money.

9.He jailed honest and respected Pa Adekunle Ajasin.

10.He jailed Fela Kuti in I984 for singing against the dictatorial tendencies of his Military Government.

11.Doctors, remember that Buhari banned the Nigeria medical Association (NMA).

12.Buhari stopped Ooni of Ife for traveling abroad simply because he visited the holy land of Israel in 1984.

13.He broke up Press Conference of ASSU in 1984 and detained four of their executives.

14.He jailed Beko Ransome Kuti who only demanded for the release of his brother.

Nigerians must be careful what We wish for! Change for what!

Something worse?

Keep sharing to keep Nigeria democratic and free from oppression. Buhari will be worse off.

God bless Nigeria...
TELL THEM. MUMU PPLE. THEY WANT TO CHANGE FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE!!!
FOR POINT NO.3. OBASAJO,TUNUBU, AMESHI AND FASHOLA ARE ALL IMBECILIC
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by melomelo: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
crownprince102:

Like I said earlier, I wont be dissapointed if some pigs come out to type trash here....... Even Abacha's son is behind Jonathan despite the big assault on his family and Kano state in general. It clearly shows you would do the same if your father is involve in this. Keep it up bro, their is always payback for all our deed.
I will call you My baby boy for this comment. Some like you needs education on how to relate to elders and this is the more reason why I don't like to contribute most of time to issues here. It is unfortunate. Go home, go and take history of Nigeria past-political leaderships from the northern part onset. You will never wish any Hausa man to head this nation anymore. Meanwhile, Wind of Change is needed, Change is good, Change is growth but our changing should be in line with an effort to ameliorate the present situation rather than to get things worsen. Thank you.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by amanikondo: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
snowland:
General abeg no vex...someone don do back to sender response on your behalf. No shaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG0JtMFif3g

This one na Hot Cake.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Gmajor:

u were making sense till u got to number 5. who cares abt what the northerners want ?
a bastard at work
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Gmajor(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
abdulplayer02:
a bastard at work
if only u had a brain
if only ...
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by henryangelo: 4:18am On Jan 21, 2015
The truth still remains that Buhari is now aged and might not be up to the task he will face if he is voted in,he should leave politics for younger ones that are still vibrant and kicking so that this country embraces the change APC are singing if not for their own selfish interest
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by henryangelo: 4:28am On Jan 21, 2015
Why can't we open our eyes and see that buhari is only desprate for power just to bring back his so called birth right and not to change the country for good,let us not be deceived with all these his empty promises. we need a man with strong health and not somebody that is not healthy enough to withstand stress
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by SenatorJames(m): 5:08am On Jan 21, 2015
I thought Fayose would have been a change person by now.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by Anglovel: 6:30am On Jan 21, 2015
kingstylo01:
Honestly speaking, though i'm in support of GEJ's re-election, i condem this advert. It's obviously stating that if Buhari should win he's gonna die in office.

However, we all know that a man of 73yrs old will likely have health issues, and I.M.O should retire from holding any public office and leave the the younger generation to rule.

Come to think of it, old age is a blessing but comes with a lot of natural Challenges and difficulties such as memory loss and other factors.

If i were in Buhari's shoes, i would have retired from active politics since age 65.

but no, this old soldier wants to be president by all means! SMH
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by anneedu: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2015
Pls how can a man of 72yrs be our leader,pls think wise and vote right. Good morning.
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by CaptainAmerica1: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by nellyjohn: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Why shouldn't it be? We are tired of having old and seek leaders especially from the north becos of greed of power that keep dying on seat. Besides not been too old to be my grand father, u are a liar and a cheat

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by nellyjohn: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Why shouldn't it be? We are tired of having old and seek leaders especially from the north becos of greed of power that keep dying on seat. Besides not been too old to be my grand father, u are a liar and a cheat
GEJ till 2019 jor

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by CaptainAmerica1: 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
bu,p

Re: Campaigns Shouldn’t Be About Dead Leaders –buhari by CaptainAmerica1: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
bum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDDC Bought Eight Vehicles Worth N560m — Sagay / Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact / Anambra Election APGA Primary: INEC Officials Monitoring The Process(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.