Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact (16953 Views)

Rivers Mosque Demolition: Nasir Uhor “There Was No Mosque On The Land” / Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead / RCCG Speaks On Governor Ayo Fayose, Ekiti State PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by olajay86(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2017
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has agreed with leaders of the Muslim community not to demolish four mosques built in filling stations in Ado Ekiti.
A petroleum dealer in Ekiti, Alhaji Suleiman Akinbami, built the mosques and donated them to the Muslim community.

The matter was resolved at a meeting held in the Government House in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, with the delegation of the Muslim community led by the President General of the League of Imams and Alfa for South-West, Delta and Edo, Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere Bello.

Also at the meeting were the President of the Supreme Council For Islamic Affairs, Ekiti State, Alhaji Yakubu Sanni, and the Coordinator of the National Council of Muslim Youths Organisations, Ekiti, Mr. Tajudeen Ahmed.

Fayose clarified that there was no political bias in his government’s plan to demolish mosques or churches built inside petrol stations.

He said the mosques marked for demolition were being attended by many Muslim worshippers; a development which he said was very risky in the event of any fire accident.

The governor promised that he would not demolish the mosques if they were used for private worship and not for public use.

Fayose said, “I would have sent security operatives to enforce the order to demolish the mosques but because of the respect I have for you (Sheikh Bello), despite the barrage of insults that some Muslim groups have hauled at me on the Internet and in the papers. Some of them even went to the point of holding rallies and protests and turned the matter to politics, but I kept my cool.
“I would have arrested them because those holding the rallies have overstepped their boundary but we honour you. Please caution those doing that so they don’t rubbish you.

“No one who is in APC can say I have harassed him in the state and I don’t allow any of my people to harass them because I don’t play politics of bitterness.”
Fayose said, henceforth, it was an abomination to build either a mosque or church within the premises of petrol stations.

“Tell our people, our patience does not mean we can’t fight. As for those (mosques) in existence, I will allow them to operate for private use only. No violation of this condition,” he stressed.

The governor said he had been fair to Muslims in his government, adding that his father’s Muslim name was Jimoh.

“If anything is wrong, let us look at it together. If it is for private worship, I can tolerate it but if there is traffic there, I won’t.

“Any mosque built for private use will not be demolished. But when hundreds are going there, the mistake of one man can cause big tragedy for all.
“I am not after anybody; if there is any government that has paid attention to Muslims in this state, I am one. I considered the new Chairman of Ado-Ekiti because he is a Muslim,” Fayose added.

Earlier, Bello, who addressed the governor on behalf of the delegates, said, “We appreciate your immense support for the Muslim community in Ekiti. It was with your support and that of God that we got the position we have as leaders of the community in the South-West, Delta and Edo. Your decision to bring fortunes to all shall be rewarded.

“Though, we were surprised that one of our mosques would be demolished, we know you have a listening ear and there must be a reason for your actions.”

http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/04/fayose-ekiti-muslim-leaders-reach-peace.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by donmalcolm21(m): 10:07am On Apr 11, 2017
If only Elrufai and Buhari can learn how to douse tension from Fayose. There will be peace everywhere

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Ok

"He said that the mosque marked for demolition was being attended by many Muslim worshipers, a development which he said was very risky in the event of any fire accident." Makes some sense, so Gov. Ayo Fayose has brain like this undecided

- Anyway as caring government, he should provide the following.
(1) 2 nos of tankers 5,000litres of water whenever there is public worship at the religious centre
(2) 1 standard fully equipped hospital for treating burns and fire-related incidents close to the religious centre
(3) Ensure there are no sales of petroleum products during the worship time at the religious centre.

But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break for Ado-Ekiti, South Western part of Nigeria under the control of opposition PDP undecided

4 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by dman4mdmoon(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2017
So Fayose also feels bad when being insulted? This is the same person that was insulting the president (a man old enough to be his father) almost on daily basis. To him, he would have arrested those protesting because they have "overstepped their boundary". But the same Fayose will shout intolerance if that is coming from the opposition.

12 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by marvwhite: 11:58am On Apr 11, 2017
a
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by eminikansoso(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2017
Patience and understanding remain the solution to most Nigeria communities.

6 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by WebSurfer(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by mccoy47(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
Would elrufia hv reached dat pact if it wia kaduna?

2 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Ayblaize(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2017
All this religion extremists sha.. .Building mosques in petrol stations.. What if there's an inferno?,even though I pray there won't be none.. I'm a xtain but I won't like to see Muslim friends die either,no matter the religion differences in belief,we are all humans.Not all Muslims are bad. I have pretty much of them as friends .We have to use common sense sometimes o.. Plenty land dey, why petrol station?..Even noise coming from the speakers can cause Excessive vibration which brings about conduction, radiowaves too dey there. This can't happen in developed countries.. We need to grow.. .Hectares of land plenty fa

16 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Pavore9: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
I hope the mosques in question will be monitored, so it will exclusively be for private use.

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by yeyeboi(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by GodSucks(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
my head don knock

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Laslim(m): 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ok na
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fayose is d greatest yoruba leader of all time

3 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by ItuExchange(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
Pact is the solution, not arguments.

Perfect Money/Payeer here: .com.ng
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by jogsman01(m): 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fayose is making sense sha.... Bubu and some quoters can't think dat way

2 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Wealthyonos(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nice pact
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by madridguy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
Noted.
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by tstx(m): 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
I'm beginning to like this fayose guy

3 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by spartan50(m): 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sensible

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by AreaFada2: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by kpaofame: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nice action by fayose

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
People like Okoroawusa and Obiaturu will not learn anything from this development, instead they would have been the ones personally enforcing the demolition just to foolishly please one born to rules idiot.

Carefully go through the massage below.

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by invisibeTroll: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Keneking:
Ok

"He said that the mosque marked for demolition was being attended by many Muslim worshipers, a development which he said was very risky in the event of any fire accident." Makes some sense, so Gov. Ayo Fayose has brain like this undecided

- Anyway as caring government, he should provide the following.
(1) 2 nos of tankers 5,000litres of water whenever there is public worship at the religious centre
(2) 1 standard fully equipped hospital for treating burns and fire-related incidents close to the religious centre
(3) Ensure there are no sales of petroleum products during the worship time at the religious centre.

But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break for Ado-Ekiti, South Western part of Nigeria under the control of opposition PDP undecided

For your mind you make sense abi?

6 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by Kingspin(m): 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
A very good job done by governor Fayose and Muslims in Ekiti state. This is unlike some useless governors whom desperately fight for and against religion rather than providing food and education for their people and bring peace among them. I commend you gov Fayose for the first time in public. Hope other extremist leaders of Nigeria are learning this Common Sense attitude.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by mykeljosef: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Yoruba Muslim can they please use sense for once

if the petrol station goes up in flames they will blame government

prevention is better than cure

both the filing station n mosques self r environmental hazards in form of air n noise pollution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by WorldRichest: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
donmalcolm21:
If only Elrufai and Buhari can learn how to douse tension from Fayose. There will be peace everywhere

Did Buhari impregnate and abandoned any member of your family? This your generational hatred is leading you to madness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by donprinyo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
Fayose the great leader. But dis matter is far from over.

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by donprinyo(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hope dis people know de meaning of private mosque
Re: Mosque Demolition: Fayose, Ekiti Muslim Leaders Reach Pact by jattshaf(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ayblaize:
All this religion extremists sha.. .Building mosques in petrol stations.. What if there's an inferno?,even though I pray there won't be none.. I'm a xtain but I won't like to see Muslim friends die either,no matter the religion differences in belief,we are all humans.Not all Muslims are bad. I have pretty much of them as friends .We have to use common sense sometimes o.. Plenty land dey, why petrol station?..Even noise coming from the speakers can cause Excessive vibration which brings about conduction, radiowaves too dey there. This can't happen in developed countries.. We need to grow.. .Hectares of land plenty fa

What of all these shops being build near petrol station even some shops that have sound system......

Since i was bron till now, i have never heard that a mosques in any petrol station catch fire due to whatever that may be his reasons and it will never happen even after fayosi.
80% of petrol station across the country had mosques and reason was any travellers that happen buy oil during pray time can pray ontime and also the costomers attendance that is a muslim can pray when its time.

Fayosi is just being premitive to gain attention as usual and noting more

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abba Kyari And Lawal Daura Have Not Resigned - Presidency / John Dyegh Declares ‎Speakership Bid / Meet Sanwo-olu’s Commissioner-designates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.