Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis (2907 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 1 / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by huxley(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2008
Turn to your bible to Genesis 30:

37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban's animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and maidservants and menservants, and camels and donkeys.

In the above narrative animals are "engineered" into having different characteristics just by watched striped branches as they mated.  Is this "technology" still available for farmers today?  Can it be applied to humans as well?  If not, why not?
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by mazaje(m): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2008
huxley:

37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban's animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and maidservants and menservants, and camels and donkeys.

In the above narrative animals are "engineered" into having different characteristics just by watched striped branches as they mated.  Is this "technology" still available for farmers today?  Can it be applied to humans as well?  If not, why not?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin is this a joke or what?
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by Nimshi: 12:32am On Dec 28, 2008
Interesting you brought this up. The other day, here on these pages, we'd mentioned something about the primitive understanding of genetics that's apparent in the bible; and this version of Jacobian-genetic-mutation was mentioned. The larger one, of course, would be to figure what would have been in the DNA of the son of Mary, Jesus the Christ. Who contributed the male half of him? Was he fertilized from Virgin Mary's egg? Cool questions. Perhaps we could get a hint from primitive Jacobian genetics.

Or did humanity miss the holy grail of God's DNA??

grin
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by Kuns: 12:59am On Dec 28, 2008
The word Genesis from Gene I[b]sis[/b] or the Gene[/b]ration of I[b]sis.

This is the Greek fabricated Story, trying to give themselves a place in history, thereby creating a[b] new world order [/b] isnot my-story (My-stery), and it's not our-story the story of our people either.

The Gene of the Eloheem what you christians call God,( Elohim actually means these "Being"wink. The the wooly hair, Black skin.

Your woolly hair should tell you you have the Deity (God) Gene.

For ALL other man or animal on this planet earth have Furs, similar to what animals have,
Nuwbun, now Nubians (Africans) have woolly (kingly not kinky) hair.

I have the Deity (God) Gene = DNA and RNA (Deoxy Ribonucleic Acid and Ribonucleic Acid).
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by duduspace(m): 6:18am On Dec 28, 2008
huxley:

In the above narrative animals are "engineered" into having different characteristics just by watched striped branches as they mated. Is this "technology" still available for farmers today? Can it be applied to humans as well? If not, why not?

Interesting topic Huxley, I think there was some deception going on seems Jacob had some rudimentary knowledge of animal breeding and was somehow exploiting Laban`s ignorance by setting up a smokescreen to divert attention (I guess Laban must have had spies keeping tabs on him).

Magicians also do this when they try to keep your attention on one of their hands while quickly doing something with the other (sleight of hand) and there was a prime example of this type of deception in "King Solomon's Mines" when Captain Good and the others pretended to kill the moon when in fact, they actually knew a Lunar eclipse was about to happen.

I wouldn't put that beyond Jacob as the bible actually described him as some kind of smart ass deceptive kind of guy. Remember he skinned his brother of his birthright in a scenario similar to modern day uncontrolled capitalism.
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by Bobbyaf(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2008
I see Kuns that you have an obsession for the bible, even if it means making a mockery of it.

I wonder why? I wonder what is the driving force behind your latent admiration for the bible, and the Almighty God that the bible speaks of.

Don't make God laugh last, as the bible says that He will, lol
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by bindex(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2008
duduspace:

Interesting topic Huxley, I think there was some deception going on seems Jacob had some rudimentary knowledge of animal breeding and was somehow exploiting Laban`s ignorance by setting up a smokescreen to divert attention (I guess Laban must have had spies keeping tabs on him).

Magicians also do this when they try to keep your attention on one of their hands while quickly doing something with the other (sleight of hand) and there was a prime example of this type of deception in "King Solomon's Mines" when Captain Good and the others pretended to kill the moon when in fact, they actually knew a Lunar eclipse was about to happen.

I wouldn't put that beyond Jacob as the bible actually described him as some kind of smart ass deceptive kind of guy. Remember he skinned his brother of his birthright in a scenario similar to modern day uncontrolled capitalism.

Are you implying that Jacob is a fraud? This looks like fraud to me grin grin, but what really is the message behind or meaning of this? The old testament is really a disgrace to open minded Christains.
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by duduspace(m): 1:44am On Dec 31, 2008
bindex:

Are you implying that Jacob is a fraud? This looks like fraud to me grin grin, but what really is the message behind or meaning of this? The old testament is really a disgrace to open minded Christains.

Exactly Bindex, it is akin to modern day armed robbers going to church to do thanksgiving after a successful robbery. E don tey wey dem don dey take God deceive people.
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:36am On Dec 31, 2008
I wonder why no "open minded scientific" christians have not come to explain, just say big bang or evolution now and they would come running from their caves.
Re: The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis by mazaje(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

I wonder why no "open minded scientific" christians have not come to explain, just say big bang or evolution now and they would come running from their caves.

the reason why pseudo scientist like davidylan can not come here and defend this extra ordinary claim of genetic engineering is because it was written by his imaginary god inspired men, even when reality and fact says other wise. passages like this and the rain bow description in the bible make pseudo scientist live davidylan who claims that science have no answer cringe with shame.

(1) (Reply)

Causes Of Atheism / Happy Birthday To Bishop Dr. Goddy Okafor. / The Heretic Trinity Theory!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.