Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army (50719 Views)

Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials / Army Has Copies Of Buhari’s Credentials(GMB Certificates Vandalised)–L. Mohammed / Akpos Joke On Buhari's Credentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by eaglechild: 12:33am On Jan 21, 2015
zionzoe:
Omoo u no go kill person here ooo.........na u don make sence pass for this topic.............I give u a letter of recommendation to become a professor now! U here........because I go act as ur teacher........lol
grin grin grin grin
Please i need a letter too.

I heard you are sharing recommendation letters.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by GOGMIG(m): 12:42am On Jan 21, 2015
egift:
Before you fall victim to PDP deceit. Here are the facts.

1. Buhari is duly qualified to be President of Nigeria (see his CV below)

2. The Original Copies of his credential were looted when his home was vandalized after the coming of IBB and Buhari's arrest.

3. Buhari in his education and training in Nigeria, India, United Kingdom and the United States has qualification equivalent to Masters Degree.

4. Buhari in the election and other subsequent outings has submitted a sworn affidavit which fully backed by law.

5. Buhari have not contravened any electoral law or the constitution in all he has done.

The law says if you don't think Buhari have sufficient credentials, go to court. Jonathan is the C-in-C he knows the truth. PDP are only barraging Nigerians with this issue to see if they can distract you and smuggle their 6yrs failure of Jonathan's administration.

Buhari is, and more than qualified. Don't fall victim of PDP's campaign of madness.

This Valentine, it is all about Nigeria - Sai Buhari.

liar. very lame defence, come up wit a better tin not diz crap.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Forwetinnah: 12:45am On Jan 21, 2015
eaglechild:
I don't know why INEC is wasting time with Buhari's disqualification

Shoo. .you want make them begin lynch and burn Inec offices and officials?? Buhari supporters are worse than animals, especially the ones up North

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by citizenY(m): 12:46am On Jan 21, 2015
df2006:
@ ceo4eva

Can you modify and paste the full army press statement on the original post?

Because quite a no of people do not understand the implications here.

The army states at the point of enlistment he, Buhari came with a recommendation letter from his principal.

Without a Certificate.

Nevertheless on the Nigerian Army Entry form after commission as an officer he indicated he obtained a Wassc certificate with credits in 5 subjects and one pass.

There were no proofs that he's Certificate was verified.

Neither the Original copy, or True certified copy are in his personal file.

The Question is where is this Certificate or the Copy?

This is a Test for True Nigerians against Corruption, Nepotism, and Tribalism etc

The path of integrity for the Gen is to prove that, he indeed has this certificate he has used to attain so much from the Nigerian state.

And to dis abuse my mind, that he is a beneficiary of Lies, Cheating, Mismanagement, Nepotism and Man know Man, to get his way to being not only a General, but my Former head of state and on his way to becoming my President.

APC do the needfull please.

Thank you.

APC has done the needfull. Next in line, INEC and PDP. As a last resort, you may go to court or wait for us at the polling booth where we shall give you a big blow.
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by GOGMIG(m): 12:50am On Jan 21, 2015
egift:
MUHAMMADU BUHARI’S CURRICULUM VITAE
Born in Daura, Katsina State, on 17 December 1942

Education
Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai’adua, 1948-1952
Attended Katsina Model School in 1953 and Katsina Provincial Secondary School (now Government College Katsina) from 1956-1961.
Joined the then Nigerian Military Training School, Kaduna in 1963.
Attended Officer’s Cadet School in Aldershot (United Kingdom), October 1963
Attended Platoon Commanders’ Course at the Nigerian Military College, Kaduna, 1964
Attended the Mechanical Transport Officer’s Course at the Army Mechanical Transport School in Borden (United Kingdom) 1965
Studied at the Defence Services’ Staff College, Wellington (India), 1973
Attended the United States Army War College, June 1979 to June 1980.

Professional Achievements
Platoon Commander, 2nd Infantry Battalion, 1963-1964;
Mechanical Transport Officer, Lagos Garrison, 1964-1965;
Transport Company Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1965-1966;
Battalion Adjutant/Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1966-1967;
Brigade Major, 2nd Sector, 1st Infantry Division, April to July, 1967;
Brigade Major, 3rd Infantry Division, August 1967 – October 1968;
Acting Commander, 4th Sector, 1st Division, November 1968 – February 1970;
Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, February 1970 – June 1971;
Assistant Adjutant-General, 1st Infantry Division Headquarters, July 1971 – December 1972;
Colonel, General Staff, 3rd Infantry Division Headquarters, January 1974 – September 1974;
Acting Director Supply and Transport, Nigeria Army Corps Headquarters, September 1974 – July 1975;
Military Governor, North Eastern State of Nigeria, August 1975 – March 1976;
Federal Commissioner for Petroleum Resources, March 1976 – June 1978;
Chairman, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, June 1978 – July 1978;
Military Secretary, Army Headquarters, July 1978 – June 1979;
Member, Supreme Military Council, July 1978 – June 1979;
General Officer Commanding, 4th Infantry Division, August 1980 – January 1981;
General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armored Division, November 1981 – December 1983;
Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, December 1983 – August 1985.
Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), 21 March 1995 – May 1999.

Awards and Medals
GCFR: Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
DSM: Defence Service Medal
NSM: National Service Medal
GSM: General Service Medal
LSGCM: Loyal Service and Good Conduct Medal
FSS: Forces Service Star
CM: The Congo Medal

Honorary Doctorate Degrees
10 December 1994: Honorary Doctor of Science degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
21 December 1996: Honorary Doctor of Letters degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by the University of Calabar.
6 June 1998: Honorary Doctor of Law degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Benue State University.

SOURCE: http://ad76.com/2014/12/19/muhammadu-buharis-curriculum-vitae/

another lie, show us proof. very lame defence, all these APC paid agents tell him to show Nigerians d evidence or proof dat he went to school. at least SSCE. Maybe the USA paid campaign organizers asked u to give us diz crap. Omo diz is 9ja

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Remarkable: 12:51am On Jan 21, 2015
Raiders:
did the VP Sambo produce his certificate to INEC? Buhari and the VP both claimed their certificate was lost in a fire and both have sworn affidavits.
can you refer me to the time when Buhari said he lost his certificate in a fire?

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by citizenY(m): 1:07am On Jan 21, 2015
vodkat:

All this is story, all inec want is certificate to prove all this ur writing.

Just like me saying i attended Oxford university with MSc and MD in medicine, the question is where is the proof not writing long story

"
It is one thing to enter a school, it is another thing to graduate, it is even another thing to understand what you have learnt from the school

Shut up,, INEC has no issues with his. It, candidacy. Only people like you who passed through school but the school did not pass through you. You guys have no reading and comprehension skills. Our constitution is written in English, for Pete's sake!
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Remarkable: 1:22am On Jan 21, 2015
why won't they be scared given GMB's antecedence of jailing only those he has deep hatred for, bigotry; selective justice we knew him for in the 80s is what you are proud to advertise to us in 2015 as "change" ... tell it to the gods.

Not to say too much, but I almost took it personal how he jailed Ekwueme and placed Shagari on house arrest; accusing the former of corruption - a man the judge declared poorer post his political career than pre-politics.)

APC... take that change, all of it... and buy GMB a certificate.
babadem2much:
This guys are scared of what will befall them if GMB emerges the president, i swear jail the wait them with dia lies as what is written is written

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by alizenbohr: 1:38am On Jan 21, 2015
Egift, please add this to your CV.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by vodkat: 1:42am On Jan 21, 2015
citizenY:

Shut up,, INEC has no issues with his. It, candidacy. Only people like you who passed through school but the school did not pass through you. You guys have no reading and comprehension skills. Our constitution is written in English, for Pete's sake!

Dia Mata IDiot u big fool read what you wrote again.

You dont have to show how big of a cow you are by regurgitating what i wrote.

Then they talk about anti corruption and fraud--bring certificate, story land begin

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by citizenY(m): 1:56am On Jan 21, 2015
vodkat:

Dia Mata IDiot u big fool read what you wrote again.

You dont have to show how big of a cow you are by regurgitating what i wrote.

Then they talk about anti corruption and fraud--bring certificate, story land begin

Read my post again .
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by chiedu7: 2:31am On Jan 21, 2015
BUHARI WHERE YOUR CERTIFICATES

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by neocortex: 3:11am On Jan 21, 2015
I have always maintained that you cannot present what you don't have.
Imagine, Buhari used recommendation letter to enlist in the army , while others burned midnight candle to pass WAEC. What an injustice!

I reject the quota system.

GEJ:PROGRESS

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2015
nworanco:

U have compromised and believed that Buhari is unqualified to contest , thanks for ur understanding . Pls help tell others.

Its not like I have compromised. GMB will address us on this certificate saga today. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by superstar3: 6:35am On Jan 21, 2015
Babymama1:

Then pdp should go to court and stop the baby crying.

Sambo's univeristy certified that he graduated there
We cannot believe Buhari's words because so far the people he claimed had his certificates say they don't have it
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by kennyamusan(m): 6:49am On Jan 21, 2015
Remarkable:

why is it that each time a poster decides to number his points or sentences, he or she fails to make sense?
I would try not to get entagled with someone like u cos I know ur type well.
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by goldman777: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2015
i cant believe jonathan government can stoop so low becos he is d chief commander of d army,all in d name of election.such fake cheap blackmail pushes gej closer to otueke everyday,nigerians are not fools gej and pdp are only burying themselves in a grave they dug for apc.lol pdp is obviously dead and buried.somtyms i wonder what kind of phd gej has or does he think nigerians ur foolish zoo animalz,zoologist think well before u act otueke is awaiting u oh
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by predentstats: 7:11am On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari as no certificate...... why would it take him this long to address Nigerians about it, I guess his co APC stalwarts knew the impending damage it will cost them...so he was pushed to address it.

To me Buhari don't need to address Nigerians on this issue publicly. He owe the authorities INEC and which ever institutions the explanation.

Addressing it to Nigerians in the media is a cheap ploy to make Nigerians have pity on him.

That he ruled before as dictator is not a qualification to clear him.

Is it difficult to locate his certificate/results? I imagine if I were asked to produce mine......If I can't again I know where to apply to get it re-issued to me I truly I was issued before.

lets call a spade, spade. The n no get am!

He ought not o be a general in the Nigerian army.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by overlord77: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2015
egift:

2. The Original Copies of his credential were looted when his home was vandalized after the coming of IBB and Buhari's arrest.

3. Buhari in his education and training in Nigeria, India, United Kingdom and the United States has qualification equivalent to Masters Degree.

4. Buhari in the election and other subsequent outings has submitted a sworn affidavit which fully backed by law.

5. Buhari have not contravened any electoral law or the constitution in all he has done.

The law says if you don't think Buhari have sufficient credentials, go to court. Jonathan is the C-in-C he knows the truth. PDP are only barraging Nigerians with this issue to see if they can distract you and smuggle their 6yrs failure of Jonathan's administration.

Buhari is, and more than qualified. Don't fall victim of PDP's campaign of madness.

Guy go.sleep abeg

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by kelechiodo(m): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2015
APContherun:

Like seriously? A certificate is not given when you complete your studies? Gawd I can't beleiev you wrote that. That piece of paper is actually to certify that you have satisfied and met the requirements needed both in character and learning. If you don't finish the prescribed courses satisfactorily no certificate is given and in Buhari's case no certificate was given because he didn't complete the prescribed courses. A principal's letter doesn't in any way equate to certificate. I'm surprised you are saying this.

You misunderstand me dear. What I am saying is that a letter from principal is not needed after completion of studies. What is given is either testimonial if the certificate is not available or certificate when it is available. Buhari has a case to answer.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by callmenow: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari should be taken directly to Kirikiri for hoodwinking nigerians. The law says very clearly that lying on official forms, is a criminal offence punishable by 12 years in jail with hard labour. He relied on the army to save his bacon, but he has clearly failed. The army can now dismiss him, as well as Murtala, BABANGIDA, Abacha and others who were forcibly conscripted by the ethnocentric Sarduana without WAEC. Buhari Suis Kirikiri. Good riddance to APC saddists. Well done to PDP.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Jay5000(m): 8:22am On Jan 21, 2015
Q: What has uncle Jona's PhD done for us?
A: ..shown us yet again how worthless Nigerian certificates are.

Thank God for IQ tests. It always separates the sheep from the goats.
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Reptyle(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Haven't you heard the Judiciary is on strike grin. APC is just a party of crooks with affiliates in important sectors in the Country. We should begin to understand why courts are on recess. They would definitely resume even if it takes them 3 years, they must seat and when they do.... I rise *court* grin

Lol.

You agree with me the PDP is hard done in any case then?
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Habeyy(m): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2015
wordcat:

Do u know that you're not communicating?
oh I should know...am engaging a lazy bum that qualify answers and statement with question mark??..and after all you will say someone is clueless...smh for uu
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Habeyy(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2015
Never try to Bleep up someones life with a lie
when yours can b destroyed with d
truth...Becarful d way u treat ur fellow human...see how tins pans out.....disgusting .....smh

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by wordcat(m): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2015
Habeyy:
oh I should know...am engaging a lazy bum that qualify answers and statement with question mark??..and after all you will say someone is clueless...smh for uu

Do u knw that you're not making any sense??
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Habeyy(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Zellie:
Barcanista, I feel for you. You have been so brainwashed by APC, you're gradually losing the ability to reason well. Defending Buhari in this issue is only making you look stupid

You should have done what this guy did
its a pity how barcanista is fast turning into a toothless and brainless mongrel he seems to be in a state of tabula rasa ,oops we never see his wife ...berem who bypass registration on Nairaland by giving seun a recommendation letter from Linda ikeji.

.....silly cunt heads

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Ajinoride(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=barcanista post=29964697]Buhari clearly said his credentials is with the Military board because it was the military that ransacked his residence and carted away with his properties in 1985. They should explain the whereabout of his documents. Thank God IBB is not dead yet.
This will shut the doubting thomases mouth. They have seen letter of recommendation from his school principal... End of Chapter....

Next!!!!
[/quote
IS RECOMMENDATION LETTER EQUIVALENT TO CERTIFICATE? OPEN YA MIND BRO.
it is a normal practice for u to present recommendation letters before u can join the FORCES. it has nothing to do with your CERT.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by InglishTeechar(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2015
ceo4eva:
The Nigerian Army has said it is not in possession of the original or photocopies of the credentials of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

It said at a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday that it had a letter from the Principal of Buhari’s secondary school, dated 1961, recommending him for enlistment into the military school.

Details later…
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-dont-have-buharis-credentials-army/

[b]Records available indicate that Major General M Buhari applied to join the military as a Form Six student of the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina on 18 Oct 61. His application was duly endorsed by the Principal of the school, who also wrote a report on him and recommended him to be suitable for military commission. It is a practice in the NA that before candidates are shortlisted for commissioning into the officers’ cadre of the Service, the Selection Board verifies the original copies of credentials that are presented.

However, there is no available record to show that this process was followed in the 1960s.

Nevertheless, the entry made on the NA Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature. Neither the original copy, Certified True Copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major General M Buhari's WASC result is in his personal file.[/b]

Here's the full press conference:

The position of the army was made known at a press conference in Abuja today Jan. 20th. The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig, Gen O. Laleye addressed news men. What he said below...
Gentlemen of the Press, I am pleased to welcome everyone back from the Christmas and the 2015 New Year festivities. On behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army, I wish you all a happy and more fulfilling 2015. Since our last media briefing on 31 December, 2014, some issues relating to the Nigerian Army have occurred and this briefing is holding specifically to address them.
I will begin with the Major General Muhammadu Buhari certificate controversy.
Gentlemen, let me state clearly that the Nigerian Army holds the retired senior officer in very high esteem and respect and would not be a party to any controversy surrounding his eligibility for any political office. Suffice to state that Major General Buhari rose steadily to the enviable rank of Major General before becoming the Head of State of our dear country in December 1983.

The media hype on retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari’s credentials as well as the numerous requests made by individuals and corporate bodies to the Nigerian Army on this issue have necessitated that we provide the facts as contained in the retired senior officer’s service record.

[b]Records available indicate that Major General M Buhari applied to join the military as a Form Six student of the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina on 18 Oct 61. His application was duly endorsed by the Principal of the school, who also wrote a report on him and recommended him to be suitable for military commission. It is a practice in the NA that before candidates are shortlisted for commissioning into the officers’ cadre of the Service, the Selection Board verifies the original copies of credentials that are presented.

However, there is no available record to show that this process was followed in the 1960s.

Nevertheless, the entry made on the NA Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature. Neither the original copy, Certified True Copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major General M Buhari's WASC result is in his personal file.
[/b]
I hope this explanation will put to rest the raging controversy surrounding the secondary school credentials of Major General Mohammed Buhari as it affects the Nigerian Army.

I will also seize this opportunity to make some observations on the recent CNN report titled 'The Battle Against Boko Haram', which was aired a few days ago. I believe we all hold the CNN in high esteem. However, CNN’s report on issues concerning kitting, equipment, medical treatment and corruption in the Nigerian Army is perhaps the best example of a media house’s show of bias, ignorance, poor journalism, unprofessionalism and handiwork of a sponsored documentary. Let me start with kitting. It would interest you to know that there is no Army in the world where personnel do not purchase additional uniforms and kits to augment those officially issued to them. Accordingly, the Nigerian Army without fail issues uniforms and kits to its personnel periodically.

Like other armies, the NA has over the years, established ordnance shops in all its barracks and cantonments where uniforms and kits are sold at subsidized prices to its personnel from allowances already provided in their pay slips. Similarly, you will agree with me that the NA has a very functional health care delivery system in the country. There is no barrack or cantonment that does not have at least one Medical Inspection Room, Medical Reception Station or Medical Hospital.

The NA fully subscribes to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and this is functional in all its health facilities. Specifically, personnel in the North East have the best medical treatment in that the various health facilities in all the barracks and cantonments are well equipped. Notwithstanding this, personnel with extensive injuries are evacuated to the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital Kaduna (44 NARHK), while others are promptly flown abroad for medical treatment. Therefore, issue of a soldier of the NA paying for treatment and drugs covered by the NHIS is absurd. The Nigerian Army’s undoubted operational gains in the North East of recent, have rubbished the claim of Boko Haram out-gunning the NA.

The CNN would do well to beam its searchlight on the atrocities of Boko Haram terrorists against innocent and defenseless Nigerians rather than the NA. Equally, the NA in the past had requested severally that any evidence of corruption in the NA should be reported to the appropriate authority. Till date, no such evidence has been forwarded but rather all we see and hear are sweeping statement of the purported corruption in the NA. In the case of Nick Robertson, his leading questions and introduction of the word ‘corruption’ to the unknown person purported to be a soldier of the NA was most unprofessional and merely justifies a paid exercise. The CNN in the past have interviewed authorised personnel of other countries’ armies and not unauthorized hooded criminals to speak to the media.

The CNN knows very well how to contact the relevant offices to clarify issues concerning the NA but chooses rather to conduct a clandestine interview in a kiosk with a faceless person and a masked individual who obviously know nothing about the NA.

Finally, the Nigerian Army wishes to state that it will remain focused on its mission to rid Nigeria of terrorism and insurgency. To that end, it has commenced the implementation of the extensive operational, administrative and logistical decisions reached during 2014 COAS Annual Conference. In no distant future, law abiding Nigerians will begin to see very positive results in terms of security, particularly in the North East and our dear nation generally. Before I depart, I once again seize this opportunity to reiterate the NA’s unalloyed loyalty and subordination to civil authority as presided over by His Excellency, President and Commander – in – Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR.

The Nigerian Army also wishes to emphasize its adherence to the principles and respect of human rights in the discharge of its constitutional duties. It further calls on everyone to remain vigilant and report any suspected breach of the peace to security agencies.
Thank you and God Bless.
Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by Habeyy(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Habeyy:
its a pity how barcanista is fast turning into a toothless and brainless mongrel he seems to be in a state of tabula rasa ,oops we never see his wife ...berem who bypass registration on Nairaland by giving seun a recommendation letter from Linda ikeji.

.....silly cunt heads

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army by InglishTeechar(m): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2015
egift:

Nevertheless, the entry made on the NA Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature. Neither the original copy, Certified True Copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major General M Buhari's WASC result is in his personal file.[/b]

Here's the full press conference:

The position of the army was made known at a press conference in Abuja today Jan. 20th. The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig, Gen O. Laleye addressed news men. What he said below...
Gentlemen of the Press, I am pleased to welcome everyone back from the Christmas and the 2015 New Year festivities. On behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army, I wish you all a happy and more fulfilling 2015. Since our last media briefing on 31 December, 2014, some issues relating to the Nigerian Army have occurred and this briefing is holding specifically to address them.
I will begin with the Major General Muhammadu Buhari certificate controversy.
Gentlemen, let me state clearly that the Nigerian Army holds the retired senior officer in very high esteem and respect and would not be a party to any controversy surrounding his eligibility for any political office. Suffice to state that Major General Buhari rose steadily to the enviable rank of Major General before becoming the Head of State of our dear country in December 1983.

The media hype on retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari’s credentials as well as the numerous requests made by individuals and corporate bodies to the Nigerian Army on this issue have necessitated that we provide the facts as contained in the retired senior officer’s service record.

Nevertheless, the entry made on the NA Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former Head of State obtained the West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature. Neither the original copy, Certified True Copy (CTC) nor statement of result of Major General M Buhari's WASC result is in his personal file.
[/b]
I hope this explanation will put to rest the raging controversy surrounding the secondary school credentials of Major General Mohammed Buhari as it affects the Nigerian Army.

I will also seize this opportunity to make some observations on the recent CNN report titled 'The Battle Against Boko Haram', which was aired a few days ago. I believe we all hold the CNN in high esteem. However, CNN’s report on issues concerning kitting, equipment, medical treatment and corruption in the Nigerian Army is perhaps the best example of a media house’s show of bias, ignorance, poor journalism, unprofessionalism and handiwork of a sponsored documentary. Let me start with kitting. It would interest you to know that there is no Army in the world where personnel do not purchase additional uniforms and kits to augment those officially issued to them. Accordingly, the Nigerian Army without fail issues uniforms and kits to its personnel periodically.

Like other armies, the NA has over the years, established ordnance shops in all its barracks and cantonments where uniforms and kits are sold at subsidized prices to its personnel from allowances already provided in their pay slips. Similarly, you will agree with me that the NA has a very functional health care delivery system in the country. There is no barrack or cantonment that does not have at least one Medical Inspection Room, Medical Reception Station or Medical Hospital.

The NA fully subscribes to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and this is functional in all its health facilities. Specifically, personnel in the North East have the best medical treatment in that the various health facilities in all the barracks and cantonments are well equipped. Notwithstanding this, personnel with extensive injuries are evacuated to the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital Kaduna (44 NARHK), while others are promptly flown abroad for medical treatment. Therefore, issue of a soldier of the NA paying for treatment and drugs covered by the NHIS is absurd. The Nigerian Army’s undoubted operational gains in the North East of recent, have rubbished the claim of Boko Haram out-gunning the NA.

The CNN would do well to beam its searchlight on the atrocities of Boko Haram terrorists against innocent and defenseless Nigerians rather than the NA. Equally, the NA in the past had requested severally that any evidence of corruption in the NA should be reported to the appropriate authority. Till date, no such evidence has been forwarded but rather all we see and hear are sweeping statement of the purported corruption in the NA. In the case of Nick Robertson, his leading questions and introduction of the word ‘corruption’ to the unknown person purported to be a soldier of the NA was most unprofessional and merely justifies a paid exercise. The CNN in the past have interviewed authorised personnel of other countries’ armies and not unauthorized hooded criminals to speak to the media.

The CNN knows very well how to contact the relevant offices to clarify issues concerning the NA but chooses rather to conduct a clandestine interview in a kiosk with a faceless person and a masked individual who obviously know nothing about the NA.

Finally, the Nigerian Army wishes to state that it will remain focused on its mission to rid Nigeria of terrorism and insurgency. To that end, it has commenced the implementation of the extensive operational, administrative and logistical decisions reached during 2014 COAS Annual Conference. In no distant future, law abiding Nigerians will begin to see very positive results in terms of security, particularly in the North East and our dear nation generally. Before I depart, I once again seize this opportunity to reiterate the NA’s unalloyed loyalty and subordination to civil authority as presided over by His Excellency, President and Commander – in – Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR.

The Nigerian Army also wishes to emphasize its adherence to the principles and respect of human rights in the discharge of its constitutional duties. It further calls on everyone to remain vigilant and report any suspected breach of the peace to security agencies.
Thank you and God Bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) / Failure To Arrest MC Oluomo After Threat To Igbos Will Breed Impunity - Pyrates / Dino Melaye Shares Photos Of His MSc Project. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.