Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318012 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2023
Mayorofkampala:
please any advice will greatly be appreciated...I received an email from ircc saying "we need something from you to continue processing your application" and when I called the agent to check what message it was .she said ircc requested for an affidavit stating that I will return to my country after visiting Canada... please has anyone here received something like this.

Thunder fire your agent there....
Lies from the pit of hell....

IRCC will never asked you for any stupid affidavit of return, that document carries no weight....

The only question I will ask you is,,,,
Do you drop all your required documents to the agent to submit on your behalf, expecially pof..... Or your agent promised to package documents for you?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bigkenny: 2:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Tamad101:
Hello everyone, any idea on how to know a Canada visit application office.

Are you asking for the processing office?

Visitor applications submitted through the Canada Embassy in Nigeria are processed in Nairobi, Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tamad101(f): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Oh thank you.
Bigkenny:

Are you asking for the processing office?

Visitor applications submitted through the Canada Embassy in Nigeria are processed in Nairobi, Kenya.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Mayorofkampala:
please any advice will greatly be appreciated...I received an email from ircc saying "we need something from you to continue processing your application" and when I called the agent to check what message it was .she said ircc requested for an affidavit stating that I will return to my country after visiting Canada... please has anyone here received something like this.

What are the documents you gave to him?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donmaxman: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Morning Everyone, My Dad was issued a Canadian visit visa yesterday but would not be able to go to VFS Global Lagos until January third week to pick up his passport . He is engaged with multiple commitments in the village now. He mentioned they asked him to come and pick up the visa within 7 days or else the passport would be returned after 30 days. Please is there anyone or number at VFS global i can contact to ask them to hold his passport till Janaury 3rd week ? I would appreciate. I have tried scheduling visa pick up appointment but i noticed i can only schedule for Biometric or Passport Request submission. Thanks to everyone that can advice ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
You don't need an appointment to pickup. Walk in to VFS between 9am - 3pm for this. I think you might be able to pick-up for him but check the link below for documents needed.

Additionally, you can pay for delivery if that fails.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/passport-submission

donmaxman:
Morning Everyone, My Dad was issued a Canadian visit visa yesterday but would not be able to go to VFS Global Lagos until January third week to pick up his passport . He is engaged with multiple commitments in the village now. He mentioned they asked him to come and pick up the visa within 7 days or else the passport would be returned after 30 days. Please is there anyone or number at VFS global i can contact to ask them to hold his passport till Janaury 3rd week ? I would appreciate. I have tried scheduling visa pick up appointment but i noticed i can only schedule for Biometric or Passport Request submission. Thanks to everyone that can advice ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
donmaxman:

Wait...
What happen to courier service?

Anybody can pick up the passport for him once you give a signed permission
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
donmaxman:

A VFS official there brought my parent own home without payingn any delivery nor courier,is just favour
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vickyehi: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Wanaman:
Hello, I'm moving to Canada in a few weeks, can anyone help with useful tips on how to easily get accomodation, LMIA approved jobs and best place to reside as a new immigant

I advise you to “move” with extreme caution. Don’t forget that the realities of Canada is that the so called lmia jobs are not flowing in abundance. Have a strong plan B. Also move to a very rural area for the best chance at lmia. Atlantic province will be a good place to start your research. Remember your 6mths starts counting when you land. Don’t sell off your Nigerian assets and don’t quit your job in Nigeria.

Best of luck and may the land favor you and yours.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sammiy: 1:04am On Dec 31, 2023
Yeah you are right, that was definitely some advantage.

thanks Man

orjohn24:

Congratulation...l guess ur travel experience with 5 years uk visa in passport is added advantage
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeval: 3:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Hello
i'm an international student in us and i'm planning to go to canada to renew my visa however i don't know the process of getting a visitor's visa. i need help please. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donmaxman: 3:55am On Dec 31, 2023
Newbiein2016:
You don't need an appointment to pickup. Walk in to VFS between 9am - 3pm for this. I think you might be able to pick-up for him but check the link below for documents needed.

Additionally, you can pay for delivery if that fails.

Thanks , i am the one who invited my Dad from Canada and handled everything about his application online . The courier option will not work for the village address. I am just trying to see if there is any one's contact in VFS Lagos i can reach to at least keep his passport till he returns back from the village. Thanks everyone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donmaxman: 4:01am On Dec 31, 2023
donmaxman:

Thanks , i am the one who invited my Dad from Canada and handled everything about his application online . Unfortunately, the courier option will not work for the village address. I am just trying to see if there is any one's contact in VFS Lagos i can reach to at least keep his passport till he returns back from the village late in January instead of taking it back to the Canadian High Commission. Thanks everyone.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2023
[quote author=donmaxman post=127704294][/quote]

They have told you what is going to happen if the passport is not picked up within the 30-day deadline, and I don't think they can hold the passport beyond the 30-day mark.

Ask your dad to use the other available options. He can use a courier or give someone permission to pick it up.

Use the link below, and click passport collection to see available options.

You can also contact VFS by phone, through email or through chat.

Contact VFS through phone: 2348150199900

Through chat:
https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/8080/livechat5.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
Doubt it is possible for them to keep the passport past their deadline as they have those processes to protect all parties involved in the visa value chain.

Contact them via chat and/or email (their number hasn't connected in a while) for further information as those are the official channels. I don't recommend looking for individuals for this as this is straightforward.

Based on the timeline you shared, your father should be able to make it. If the notification was received on the 29th Dec, your father has till the fourth week of January to pick up (I have included weekends in my calculation of the 30day deadline).

You should ensure he either picks up immediately he is back to Lagos or arrange a VFS courier to pickup a day or two before his arrival to Lagos.

Or is there something else not factored in my calculation?

donmaxman:

Thanks , i am the one who invited my Dad from Canada and handled everything about his application online . The courier option will not work for the village address. I am just trying to see if there is any one's contact in VFS Lagos i can reach to at least keep his passport till he returns back from the village. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
donmaxman:

This shouldn't be an issue. Why not mail the VFS? Their number is also there to call, except they've removed it from thehr we site now. I used to call them years back concerning my paper route applications. I've used this option severally and it had worked.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
vickyehi:

I advise you to “move” with extreme caution. Don’t forget that the realities of Canada is that the so called lmia jobs are not flowing in abundance. Have a strong plan B. Also move to a very rural area for the best chance at lmia. Atlantic province will be a good place to start your research. Remember your 6mths starts counting when you land. Don’t sell off your Nigerian assets and don’t quit your job in Nigeria.

Best of luck and may the land favor you and yours.
Golden advice I'd say. If you know anyone in Quebec, you stand a great chance. Being able to speak French and acclimatise would be added benefits. People rarely move to this area.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jeval:
Hello
i'm an international student in us and i'm planning to go to canada to renew my visa however i don't know the process of getting a visitor's visa. i need help please. thanks

This your question is not clear - “ i'm planning to go to canada to renew my visa”

Anyway, you can apply for a visitor visa through the new portal

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Or

Through the GCKey account
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jeval:
Hello

You can apply canada visa online but Usa embassy in canada require you book
appointment ahead to attend visa interview unless you qualify for dropbox ..so check the waiting time before you face canada with hope to renew ur usa visa in canada

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01
Greetings my people. I and my wife are PR in Canada. We would jointly like to invite two of my siblings for our wedding anniversary celebration coming up in April this year. We would be responsible for all their expenses and they will stay in our apartment. Should we submit their visa application some weeks apart or submit just one application and wait for approval before submitting the other application? If we submit some weeks apart, will it affect the chances of them getting the visa? Thanks for your advice.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 2:48pm On Jan 01
Applicants for study permits will be required to meet a cost of living criterion of twenty thousand six hundred and thirty dollars beginning January 1, 2024. This amount is equivalent to seventy-five percent of the Low Income Limit (LICO).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Acheamah223: 5:41pm On Jan 01
Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding hotel reservations. Do I need to pay for the reservation upfront or can I simply book the hotel and select the "pay on arrival" option? I have already booked two hotels in the past, but both of them were cancelled. I am wondering if my reservations were cancelled because I did not make the payment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 6:19pm On Jan 01
Acheamah223:
Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding hotel reservations. Do I need to pay for the reservation upfront or can I simply book the hotel and select the "pay on arrival" option? I have already booked two hotels in the past, but both of them were cancelled. I am wondering if my reservations were cancelled because I did not make the payment.

Your reservation was cancelled because you used naira debit naira card. You need to go to your get prepaid dollar card .

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Acheamah223: 6:27pm On Jan 01
Hi thanks for the responds. I did not use a Niara card as I'm not Nigerian. I used a Ghanaian debit card. Could that also be the case?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emilyn: 8:22pm On Jan 01
Good evening, house, Happy New Year, everyone! Please, is IRCC on break? If yes, when are they resuming? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 6:45pm On Jan 02
emilyn:
Good evening, house, Happy New Year, everyone! Please, is IRCC on break? If yes, when are they resuming? Thanks

Ircc only observe public holiday like other govt worker in canada and no break
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunny3032: 7:28pm On Jan 02
Good evening house, please I just want to find out if anyone has heard about this company in Canada KWAMAHEALTHCARE? I received a mail from them for job interview which will be conducted through VIDEOASK. Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pamda1234: 10:52pm On Jan 02
sunny3032:
Good evening house, please I just want to find out if anyone has heard about this company in Canada KWAMAHEALTHCARE? I received a mail from them for job interview which will be conducted through VIDEOASK. Thanks as I await your response.
Most likely a scam, take the interview, if the interviewer/s is/are mostly white/foreign, probably legit. Proceed with caution. No legit company would ask for unnecessary money.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:46am On Jan 03
Acheamah223:

No, you don’t need to pay upfront. Go for those ones with pay on arrival or free cancellation.

Note: whether pay on arrival or free cancellation, they will still require your credit or bank card details.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Spares: 2:19am On Jan 03
Good morning everyone and happy new year.please I need help,I want to apply for Canada visitor visa,my child just arrived Canada on December 2023 for studies,please do I need any letter or document from him for my visa process?
Also do I need an invitation letter?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:13am On Jan 03
Spares:
Good morning everyone and happy new year.please I need help,I want to apply for Canada visitor visa,my child just arrived Canada on December 2023 for studies,please do I need any letter or document from him for my visa process?
Thanks

In your previous message, you mentioned being a student traveling to Canada last September, but now you're a parent.

Regardless, if your parent is planning to visit even u arrive yesterday, you should compose a letter confirming your student status with supporting documents and ur parent coming to visit canada. Keep in mind that as a student, you cannot sponsor the visit, so your parent needs to provide evidence of the relationship and proof of funds for the trip. And make sure it same parent on ur visa form and now coming to visit you. You cannot have multi parent...goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 3:22am On Jan 03
Spares:
Thanks

You can apply for visitor visa independently, your son is barely settling down and you want him to send you invitation letter ,how? You can package yourself and while completing your visitor visa application you can made mention of him that during your visit you will use the opportunity to see your son who is in so-so school and province ,put his study permits evidence, school admission letter,school payment receipts etc

IRCC would like and honour invitation from a student doing graduation , an official letter from the school for invites for graduating students are usually issue out ahead of time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), NuCypher and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.