Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2346242 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
Pamda1234:
I want to commission the 1,000th page on this thread. Welcome to the 1000th page of this glorious thread filled with many guidance, emotions both negative and positive, and misinformations which usually gets countered with the correct information. I wish everyone good luck if you deserve it. Congratulations.
Finally u are there. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iffylove: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I need information/procedures to follow in sending passport to Lagos for stamping. The applicant did the biometric in Lagos.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2023
Best bet is to request GCMS notes before reapplying.

sanima770:
please, am new here .I underwent my biometrics on August 31 , and unfortunately, last Friday, my visitor visa application was denied. Surprisingly, it was the same agent who handled my application as for my friends who traveled to Canada in June, despite them having no prior travel experience. but to my dismay, it has been refused. I'm uncertain about my options now. The agent mentioned it was merely bad luck maybe l need reapply but he asking some money again , stating he has had a high success rate this year. pls anybody with similar experience or suggestion.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
See here for updated information: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/passport-submission

Iffylove:
Hello everyone,
Please I need information/procedures to follow in sending passport to Lagos for stamping. The applicant did the biometric in Lagos.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beejaymic: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2023
Good evening Fam!
I need quick response on these
Application: August 30th
Biometrics: September 20th
Till now i haven't received any mail from them

Please.... should i still keep faith?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 12:14am On Dec 28, 2023
Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

There's still time,just wait patiently

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:32am On Dec 28, 2023
Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

You should be looking at January 2024. The processing time starts counting the day IRCC received applicant biometrics, and the average processing time is currently 111 days.

Note that not all applications will be processed within this timeframe.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Badmus4272(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2023
Me too. Biometrics same day.
Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by enny421: 7:15am On Dec 28, 2023
Try use the online tracker to track your application.

Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iffylove: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hello everyone,
I want to ask about the process of passport collection from vfs. DHL says they do not do two way courier again (from Ibadan to Lagos vfs), that vfs will send it back when the passport is ready. Please I need confirmation of how true this is, and if true, is there any payment that needs to be made to vfs?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

From a friend that got her passport request today ,yours will likely be on the 21st of January. She did biometric on the 27th of August and today they requested for her passport

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emilyn: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good evening, house. Please, I need a response from someone. My son did biometrics on the 17th of August and was updated as completed on the 28th of September. Till now, I have not heard anything from IRCC, and their purpose of visit was for Christmas celebrations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
There's no problem, they are still examining his application.

emilyn:
Good evening, house. Please, I need a response from someone. My son did biometrics on the 17th of August and was updated as completed on the 28th of September. Till now, I have not heard anything from IRCC, and their purpose of visit was for Christmas celebrations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anwulika29: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good evening to this wonderful platform. Please can someone please I need a response concerning my little baby's application. I submitted his application 20th of August. It was modified 14th November and 17th of November again it was modified but yet to get approval. I applied for Christmas holiday, am very worried cos I want my family to go for vacation before the holiday end. Don't understand why it has not been approved. He is a baby and does not need biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by noeloge82(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
Anwulika29:
Good evening to this wonderful platform. Please can someone please I need a response concerning my little baby's application. I submitted his application 20th of August. It was modified 14th November and 17th of November again it was modified but yet to get approval. I applied for Christmas holiday, am very worried cos I want my family to go for vacation before the holiday end. Don't understand why it has not been approved. He is a baby and does not need biometrics.

Truth is that no one here is IRCC they take their time and sometimes if it's just vacation they may not even be in a hurry to approve it , just relax if you who is sponsoring the vacation shows a very good pof then relax they can approve it anytime then u replan another trip but next time if u want to apply for vacation start 6months -1year once you are applying from outside Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anwulika29: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
Beejaymic:
Good evening Fam!

Wait till mid January

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sammiy: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Hello Everyone, this an appreciation post to everyone that makes this forum an amazing resource place.
All the information i got here guided me to put together my application and it was a success.

Submitted: August 2nd 2023
Bio-metrics Capture: August 15th 2023.
Bio-metrics completed: September 23rd 2023
BVL & PPR: December 19th 2023
Passport submitted: December 21st 2023
Pick-up stamped passport: December 28th 2023.
Visa type: Visit.

For everyone waiting.....your PPR will drop.

24 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Babydaddymateri(m): 12:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Munachimso30:

Tryna blend in you know 😊, hustle not been easy bro but we keep pushing
Good day Boss, please can I reach out to you privately
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2023
sammiy:
Hello Everyone, this an appreciation post to everyone that makes this forum an amazing resource place.
All the information i got here guided me to put together my application and it was a success.

Congrats man...please what does the bvl look like? I did my biometrics Dec 1st...just curious on how to lookout for the bvl. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2023
mikeayus:

Congrats man...please what does the bvl look like? I did my biometrics Dec 1st...just curious on how to lookout for the bvl. Thanks

Biometrics validly letter (BVL) - It is a letter telling you the validity of your biometrics information. They will alert you through email whenever they send it and you’ll see the letter when you login to your account.

After the BVL, you will get the final decision notice. Some lucky applicants get both the BVL and decision notice same day, but some do not.

The final decision notice is either an applicant receives a passport request letter or refusal letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2023
sammiy:

Congratulation...l guess ur travel experience with 5 years uk visa in passport is added advantage

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tamad101(f): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hello everyone, any idea on how to know a Canada visit application office.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmanuelle27: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
modskiller:

No dey pressure us, this is not LinkedIn angry angry

But jokes apart I think you have a good chance at getting it. You can add a form or letter or explanation or intent stating where you’d like to visit, how much you’d like to spend and how long you’d like to stay.
thanks a lot brother, I'll do just that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emmanuelle27: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
sammiy:

Congrats, How many years?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mayorofkampala: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
please any advice will greatly be appreciated...I received an email from ircc saying "we need something from you to continue processing your application" and when I called the agent to check what message it was .she said ircc requested for an affidavit stating that I will return to my country after visiting Canada... please has anyone here received something like this.

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by orjohn24: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mayorofkampala:
please any advice will greatly be appreciated...I received an email from ircc saying "we need something from you to continue processing your application" and when I called the agent to check what message it was .she said ircc requested for an affidavit stating that I will return to my country after visiting Canada... please has anyone here received something like this.

Pls go meet the agent and tell the agent to login into ur portal to see and read the letter urself,it could be "procedural fairness letter" . I do not truth the agent words

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mayorofkampala:

Them swear for the agent?,tell him to send u the log in details and see what the message is all about,u must see it o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mayorofkampala:
Make sure you see what they require of you by logging on to your profile, do not rely on the agents word of mouth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, Esiman(m), olawumi2005(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.