Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2345161 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chiomapx(m): 5:31am On Jan 03
oluayebenz:

Wait...
What happen to courier service?

Anybody can pick up the passport for him once you give a signed permission

Anybody cannot pick for him, only his wife with their marriage certificate can pick for him.... You can only pick for your spouse and children with their birth certificates
Even with the sign permission, I can't pick for anyone... I wasn't able to pick for my cousin four months ago even with the signed permition unless things has changed...

Kindly look for link and request they send to your location... They wouldn't send it either but they would hold it till you are ready to pick it you..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stfadaanthony(m): 7:14am On Jan 03
Goodmornig everyone. I am a visitor applicant to Canada. By my calculations now(weekends excluded), it been 3months since my application,and yet to get a decision. Though I used an agent,but we have been communicating and very accessible,no doubts about him. The conference I am to attend is over,what are my chances? Why the delay? Is it due to many applicants? Also heard many are currently being denied,as it has affected some we applied together. Why the reason for denier lately?
I will appreciate your kind response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 8:00am On Jan 03
stfadaanthony:
Goodmornig everyone. I am a visitor applicant to Canada. By my calculations now(weekends excluded), it been 3months since my application,and yet to get a decision. Though I used an agent,but we have been communicating and very accessible,no doubts about him. The conference I am to attend is over,what are my chances? Why the delay? Is it due to many applicants? Also heard many are currently being denied,as it has affected some we applied together. Why the reason for denier lately?

Been 3 months you submitted your application has nothing to do with the issuing of your Visa.

You can submit application 3 months ago without doing biometric within the first month so you need to write full explanation if you actually need people's advise and Suggestion and stop giving half information.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by philip5555: 11:29am On Jan 03
Good morning all,
Please, I submitted my daughter's application for canada visiting since June last year and I'm yet to hear anything from them, please, can someone help me with their London email please.
Thank you and God bless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adez1: 11:51am On Jan 03
From some people's experience, I learnt if your complete application (that is, biometrics inclusive) is 2 to 3 months after submission, there's strong likelihood of your visa being approved.
There's light at the end of the tunnel.

stfadaanthony:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by enny421: 1:18pm On Jan 03
I had my biometrics since September 8,2023,and till now nothing has been heard.
On tracker,background check in progress,while eligibility hasn't started yet.
The wait is tiring
It has even exceeded the processing time.

Any September applicants here?

[1quote author=Adez1 post=127756947]From some people's experience, I learnt if your complete application (that is, biometrics inclusive) is 2 to 3 months after submission, there's strong likelihood of your visa being approved.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pamda1234: 2:04pm On Jan 03
enny421:
The wait is tiring

[1quote author=Adez1 post=127756947]From some people's experience, I learnt if your complete application (that is, biometrics inclusive) is 2 to 3 months after submission, there's strong likelihood of your visa being approved.

send them multiple professional emails explaining why you need the visa and also complimenting their hard work. Then explain that your visa application has extended past processing time. Hopefully you get a correspondence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 2:07pm On Jan 03
stfadaanthony:
It's been 4 month my spouse apply for a visitors visa and biometric completed. Infact its 118 day now after her biometric was updated to completed. I think there must be an increase in visitors visa application; or maybe they are prioritizing other visas categories like study visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 2:11pm On Jan 03
Same here. Biometric completed on the 6th of sept
enny421:
The wait is tiring

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03
enny421:
The wait is tiring

my own biomatric capturing was 20th September, still waiting for Thier decision.... that's why I like uk and schegen visa application....Thier decision naa fast fast....

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by enny421: 4:19pm On Jan 03
So does that mean its likely there's no September applicants who has gotten decision yet..
Well,lets update ourselves with time line as soon as anyone of us gets decision or updates.
Its shall end with praises

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stfadaanthony(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03
Levels1:

Been 3 months you submitted your application has nothing to do with the issuing of your Visa.

You can submit application 3 months ago without doing biometric within the first month so you need to write full explanation if you actually need people's advise and Suggestion and stop giving half information.

I have done my biometrics since the 21st of September.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03
stfadaanthony:

I have done my biometrics since the 21st of September.

From Sept 21st till today is not up to 115days , remaining few days . You can be worried after passing 115days as such you can raise a webform.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03
Madukachase:

It's been 4 month my spouse apply for a visitors visa and biometric completed. Infant its 118 day now after her biometric was updated to completed. I think there must be an increase in visitors visa application; or maybe they are prioritizing other visas categories like study visa.

My brother you can raise webform now that it has passed 115day's
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Browser123: 5:55pm On Jan 03
philip5555:
Good morning all,
Please, I submitted my daughter's application for canada visiting since June last year and I'm yet to hear anything from them, please, can someone help me with their London email please.
Thank you and God bless.
I am in the US on a work visa and submitted an application for my son in May '23 and since he's a minor, biometrics wasn't required but there were no updates either. Thankfully I found the link to the comprehensive webform through this forum and asked why it was taking so long with no updates in November, i received a response within a week and they requested a letter from his father authorizing travel. I submitted that and he was approved and got a passport request letter the next week. FYI, My visa application took 3 business days from submission to approval but I had my biometrics done in 2021. You may need the same letter if you applied separately for your child.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03
philip5555:
Good morning all,
Thank you and God bless.

If you applied from UK is 535 processing time. So calculate if it has passed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:08pm On Jan 03
Spares:
Good morning everyone and happy new year.please I need help,I want to apply for Canada visitor visa,my child just arrived Canada on December 2023 for studies,please do I need any letter or document from him for my visa process?
Also do I need an invitation letter?
Thanks

What happened to your last application? I thought your visa was approved last year August because you were asking for information on how to submit a passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beejaymic: 8:56pm On Jan 03
my own biomatric capturing was 20th September, still waiting for Thier decision.... that's why I like uk and schegen visa application....Thier decision naa fast fast....

Same here
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03
Browser123:

I am in the US on a work visa and submitted an application for my son in May '23 and since he's a minor, biometrics wasn't required but there were no updates either. Thankfully I found the link to the comprehensive webform through this forum and asked why it was taking so long with no updates in November, i received a response within a week and they requested a letter from his father authorizing travel. I submitted that and he was approved and got a passport request letter the next week. FYI, My visa application took 3 business days from submission to approval but I had my biometrics done in 2021. You may need the same letter if you applied separately for your child.
Can you pls share d webform Link?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:26pm On Jan 03
Ashirioluwa:

What happened to your last application? I thought your visa was approved last year August because you were asking for information on how to submit a passport.

Busted grin

Some peeps aren't sincere with their stories, a good reason I stopped responding to or advising on some requests, except a few convincing ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Spares: 2:03am On Jan 04
Good morning everyone.
Thanks for your response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Browser123: 3:49am On Jan 04

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dealhunter(m): 6:45am On Jan 04
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deronke1: 1:19pm On Jan 04
Nothing is busted

I got my canada visitors visa May 19th,2023 and it expired November 19th,2023. They gave me only 6 months. Here i am applying again. So it's possible. My passport expires 2026,, Dunno why they gave me 6 months though

Eriokanmi:
Busted grin

Some peeps aren't sincere with their stories, a good reason I stopped responding to or advising on some requests, except a few convincing ones
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 2:06pm On Jan 04
Deronke1:
Nothing is busted

I got my canada visitors visa May 19th,2023 and it expired November 19th,2023. They gave me only 6 months. Here i am applying again. So it's possible. My passport expires 2026,, Dunno why they gave me 6 months though

Oh, well...6 months Canada TRV is very rare nowadays. I've not seen such in a long time. Since your passport expires in 2026 as you said, Canada would rather issue a visa covering the expiry of your passport, which is why I always encourage people to apply or renew with a fresh passport, to take advantage of this so you don't keep applying and waiting endlessly. You could get up to 10 years if you apply with a passport with 10 years validity
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abousanogo83: 2:21pm On Jan 04
I have a pending Canada work permit application. I am thinking of applying for my children visitors visa since my wife and I already have a visitors visa and we have visited Canada and returned back to Nigeria. Any professional advice? Does it make sense or ? Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 4:36pm On Jan 04
abousanogo83:
I have a pending Canada work permit application. I am thinking of applying for my children visitors visa since my wife and I already have a visitors visa and we have visited Canada and returned back to Nigeria. Any professional advice? Does it make sense or ? Thank you
Under a reviewed canadian immigration policy of 2023, you may bring your spouse and dependent children with you to Canada under a work permit visa, if you declared them in the application you submitted as part of your family.

In my opinion, wait for the outcome of your visa first.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 7:41pm On Jan 04
Eriokanmi:
Oh, well...6 months Canada TRV is very rare nowadays. I've not seen such in a long time. Since your passport expires in 2026 as you said, Canada would rather issue a visa covering the expiry of your passport, which is why I always encourage people to apply or renew with a fresh passport, to take advantage of this so you don't keep applying and waiting endlessly. You could get up to 10 years if you apply with a passport with 10 years validity

An applicant's passport and biometrics must both be valid for 10 years in order to receive the 10-year visa, and note that IRCC can only issue visas up to the date the applicant's biometrics expire.

For instance, if an applicant's passport is valid for ten years and the biometric is valid for six months, then the applicant will only be granted a visa for a maximum of 6 months, not a visa good for 10 years.

The applicant's biometrics expiration date takes precedence over the passport expiration date.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baloemmy23(m): 8:02pm On Jan 04
Good evening people please I want to ask a question, is there anything like Long visit visa of 5 years in Canada ? Cause an agent who is helping with the process told me the one he is working for me is a long stay visit visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Johndooe009: 8:14pm On Jan 04
Good afternoon everyone,

I did a visiting visa application for my Parent on Dec 19th, 2023. Biometrics letter came the same day, they did their biometrics on the 2nd of January and it was updated Jan 3rd on the portal.

I heard there's a trend that if the applicants have a US visa either valid or expired, the application get processed faster? I want to confirm this pls.

thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 8:50pm On Jan 04
Ajalalomo:

An applicant's passport and biometrics must both be valid for 10 years in order to receive the 10-year visa, and note that IRCC can only issue visas up to the date the applicant's biometrics expire.

For instance, if an applicant's passport is valid for ten years and the biometric is valid for six months, then the applicant will only be granted a visa for a maximum of 6 months, not a visa good for 10 years.

The applicant's biometrics expiration date takes precedence over the passport expiration date.
Yes, you're very correct. I forgot to stress that.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Baloemmy23(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04
Hello people please I want to ask a very important question is it possible to change your visit visa to another visa when you enter Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Queenfunlola(f), hayesconcept(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.